What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150919.3 - Batsaw & Live Fixes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150919.3
This build is available on PTS now, 9/25/2015

October Subscriber Piece
- (PTS) Added Batsaw weapon skin & back piece to the PTS store.

Supervillain Onslaught Fixes
- Onslaught Villains are now immune to repel effects.
- Onslaught Villains can no longer be interrupted.
- Vehicle Containment Fields can no longer be used on Onslaught Villains.
- Toggled Forms no longer remove the "Defeated!" debuff.
- Becoming an Onslaught Villan now removes all travel devices as well as regular travel powers.
- Onslaught Secondaries now all have an Enhancement Slot.
- Onslaught Villains no longer benefit from Sentinel Mastery.
- Gravitar's Gravity Wells have reduced intensity and should cause less nausea.

Toxic Steel Fixes
- Reduced clipping near hips on female version.
- Male and female arms are not invisible when selecting chest & arms piece
- Male arms reach the hands at the wrist now.
- Arms and legs now properly are selected (no clipping with tights legs).

Additional Fixes
- The Steampunk shoulder pads are fixed and will now work well with LARGE characters
- Added proper female armor unlock for Superconductor Recognition reward.
- Updated all names on Variable Robot parts to just say Variable Robot.
- Updated the Variable Robot Left Shoulder texture.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team:
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1199083/costume-bug-list
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Very promising fixes!

With the Onslaught Secondaries receiving an Enhancement slot, this actually now gives me a reason to chat with the pavement more often in my attempts to gain Guardian Tokens.

The following suggestion is related to Onslaught, and would be nice to have on LIVE in the near future.

Suggestion:

As Onslaught continues to run on LIVE it is becoming more difficult to gain villain tokens as most players are using incredibly tanky vehicles or tanky builds, which is totally fine but suggests there should be alternate ways to achieve tokens on both sides aside from outright kills.

- Onslaught Hotspots: Various areas on Millennium City's map which grant bonus Villain/Guardian Tokens for remaining in and engaging in combat in. The longer you remain in an area (based on a 20 minute timer) the more tokens you can accumulate either as a hero or a Villain.

- Onslaught Targets: Have increased token rewards for engaging and successfully defeating. Similarly, healing/supporting/defending Onslaught Targets yields a certain amount of tokens for heroes involved/ in a certain area. (Would require UNTIL Defenders to have a considerable damage reduction and a slight boost to HP and be classed as Friendly (Tough) targets.)
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Additional Fixes
    - Added proper female armor unlock for Superconductor Recognition reward.

WOOHOO FINALLY! onion-5.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Well done! That's some good fixin.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Two things

1: You still haven't changed the fact the healing yourself refreshes the "battling super villains" status, this needs to be addressed, as I'm 100% sure that if a player is blocking/running while healing without engaging the villains, it means they don't want to fight them, but having the status refresh on self heal makes it more than a little tricky to leave the fight as it were.

2: Honestly I thought you would have gone with 1 SS mod slot and 1 core mod slot on the secondaries, to give them even greater flexibility, and thus massively increasing their "attractiveness" as it were (as well as draining more than a few of the overstocked core mods from the market)
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing that repel stuff. Great work!​​
    biffsig.jpg
    BUG:
    Saw Bat only has one color channel.
    Saw bat isn't placed in the hand properly.

I want to ask, why do we have this saw bat when we already have a bat saw? Just curious.​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    BUG:

I want to ask, why do we have this saw bat when we already have a bat saw? Just curious.

That same or?
    I do hope the Monthly Gold Rewards won't be Old PR Weapon Skins....
    Oh wait..Back piece? Pics, pls.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    And now Onslaught secondaries are even more desirable for those of us too lazy to farm up Q for Vigilante. Yay!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    BUG:

I want to ask, why do we have this saw bat when we already have a bat saw? Just curious.

That same or?
    I do hope the Monthly Gold Rewards won't be Old PR Weapon Skins....
    Oh wait..Back piece? Pics, pls.

It's pretty similar. The new one doesn't have the straps or nails, and the saw is centered on the head of the bat. And yeah the backpiece is the same model.
    And now Onslaught secondaries are even more desirable for those of us too lazy to farm up Q for Vigilante. Yay!

Yeah, I'm not so sure why we need a gear upgrade.​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    The Saw Bat would be awesome, if the color channels worked right. And it would be better if the saw was animated...but, that's just my thoughts.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    More options are always welcome for getting good gear, though the onslaught pieces are still overpriced.

Could the saw bat be added to two-handed weapons as well?
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Does this fix also turn off things like Teliosaur Pheremones or buffs from eruption etc when engaging an OV become (note these changes should also be applied to vehicles - other devices should not be available)​​
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm going to keep advocating that having NTTG apply to vehicles would be helpful for OV's. Gravitar is pretty good at yanking vehicles down to damage range, but the other OV's are not. This is allowing vehicles to sit safely at range while firing on OV's.

Nice changes overall!

Oooh...this is my 666th post! Fear my power!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Antigrav boots still function after a villain transform. Teleiosaurus pheremones still function after a villain transform.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    These gear adjustments are INSANE, to say the least, DPS went into the heavens, on just about every character I tested it on, everything else went up quite a bit as well >.> hello farming vtokens 4lyfe!​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    nbkxs said:

These gear adjustments are INSANE, to say the least, DPS went into the heavens, on just about every character I tested it on, everything else went up quite a bit as well >.> hello farming vtokens 4lyfe!​​

Hello Further Build Desparity.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2015
    The slot on the secondaries is a terrible idea.

By introducing slots on the secondaries you are trivializing Vigilante secondaries. They are one of the few things to buy with questionite. You do not want to make them irrelevant.

The Onslaught gear should be on par with Vigilante. With their current stats if they are to get bonuses to superstats they should, at the very best, add a total of +20 to a superstat.

Slotted mods can be scaled down, if you're going to go with slots this needs to happen.​​
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Oh I know people are going to hate it when I say this but, tough?

The mods on secondaries, at their current values is way too much. The game can't even sustain the players at their current power level as is. My damage has jumped up again with the modded gear. My damage bonus from strength's melee bonus is up to 52% from 47% (5%) my super stat bonus (in tank role) is up 1% (to 21%) my enrage bonus is up to 19% per tick, up from 16% (in short that's 24% bonus damage there) and my offense just gained an additional 2% which if I recall offense is multiplied. And my resistance went up 6%, which is about a 1% jump in mitigation, but still.

Damage increase, over all, 30%... and if offense is multiplied to that well yea. That's ridiculous. Damage has become too big of the king in Champions as is, and it's getting worse. At this current rate of growth sustainable new content is now literally impossible unless you start making it impossible for newer or under geared players to participate. Something needs to be done about this. A new stat system is needed, maybe one closer to Neverwinter where it actually feels more like the Champions system, otherwise it's just going to be impossible to make new content for people that are geared well, either it's at their challenge level, or you lower it to meet the challenge of the people not as geared. The gulf is getting much wider.

Forget tank role at this point as I don't even see how if people really want to be tanks, support or anything other than damage how they can do it in the current meta.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

By introducing slots on the secondaries you are trivializing Vigilante secondaries. They are one of the few things to buy with questionite. You do not want to make them irrelevant.

The Onslaught gear should be on par with Vigilante. With their current stats if they are to get bonuses to superstats they should, at the very best, add a total of +20 to a superstat.

Slotted mods can be scaled down, if you're going to go with slots this needs to happen.​​

I agree completely with Kaiserin. Speaking frankly,unless certain measures are put in place to either scale down the potential power offering of a mod slot on a secondary, it'll make the effort for vigilante questionable.

To give an idea, at maximum number crunching, onslaught secondaries offer a full 66 more stat points, higher than then their vigilante senior.

Now because vigilante is purchased through questionite, this will make it almost pointless to get ( in my opinion ), if you can get secondary gear that performs much better and is much more flexible, just by playing onslaught.

Vigilante gear will lose it's place, just like how heroic primary gear has lost it's place to legion, and now justice.
    Another thing... the tank item with the shield... it's going to be way too fricken powerful. It scales based on damage and stacks with itself. I was able to get up to 1500 shields just fighting random mobs, and I am being told that someone that uses UR can get over 5k easily. Balance is already a major concern and one of the biggest gripes this game being too easy with little/no endgame content, these new secondaries are just going to trivialize things further.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bug: Can't open the onslaught secondaries for modification while they are equipped.
    Post edited by thyuberdude on
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    The solution is obvious. Introduce new Mark 2 Vigilante gear with higher stats for 20% more Questionite. Then another round of massive nerfs in 3-6 months.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Caliga and kaizerin have valid points but Onslaught gear is desirable now and I see that as a step in the rite direction. As seen here forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203211/are-unity-missions-still-worth-it#latest the forums seem to still believe that heroic gear has value even though there are more powerful alternatives.

Now the only problem is that the powers in the Onslaught store are not desirable at all. These powers are way behind the curve in both damage and utility and some of them still have serious bugs. I don't want to sound like a broken record and I've given a detailed critique of these powers in previous PTS threads but the Onslaught store powers are RP tools at best. :'(

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I have to agree that a full mod slot is too much. About 1/3 effect (so +21 for a R7) would be fair and allow gear customization.
    Ooor..we could make the gear appealing so people play the content, instead of worrying about preserving the value of outdated gear?

I am not worried about the value of outdated gear. I am worried about the value of the content that we have in the game. IE, it's already trivial enough as is, making it more so is not the way to go right now. Unless we are getting more endgame content, the revamped dungeons we were all hoping for, and a heroic dungeons setting with dungeon loot and such.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Legion gear was a full upgrade over heroic, then justice was a full upgrade over legion, and I fully expect stuff like that after a few years in an mmo. But the top end secondary gear has been vigilante since on alert was introduced. So having an upgrade to secondary gear after 3 years is not a big problem in my opinion.

With the Q exchange how it is, you can just buy a piece of vigil gear for less than 4 dollar/euro without doing a single minute of questionite farming yourself, which is rather silly for the top end gear in my opinion. At least onslaught gear requires you to do your own farming, and so it adds a reason to actually play the game. And the onslaught token prices seem to have actually made the Q exchange drop a little, so questionite is actually increased in value for the time being.

And we've long since passed the point where the old content needs an update to be a challenge to a top performing build. Any new content can be balanced to what ever balance point is chosen.

So I don't really see a reason to not have a secondary gear upgrade at this point. We just need to get some content that justifies all the power creep after on alert.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The mod slots for secondaries make them way too crazy strong. You are just going to regret this later on and end up nerfing them which will make everyone who farmed them pissed off.

I'd suggest not doing this. The secondaries need tweaks but nothing like a mod slot to make them worthwhile.
    At this current rate of growth sustainable new content is now literally impossible unless you start making it impossible for newer or under geared players to participate.

This is extremely relevant and one of my biggest concerns.

Gear progression should only come with content/difficulty progression. Adding in strong gear just for the sake of it does not work. Sidegrades, not upgrades.​​
    biffsig.jpg
    Caliga and kaizerin have valid points but Onslaught gear is desirable now and I see that as a step in the rite direction. As seen here forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203211/are-unity-missions-still-worth-it#latest the forums seem to still believe that heroic gear has value even though there are more powerful alternatives.

Now the only problem is that the powers in the Onslaught store are not desirable at all. These powers are way behind the curve in both damage and utility and some of them still have serious bugs. I don't want to sound like a broken record and I've given a detailed critique of these powers in previous PTS threads but the Onslaught store powers are RP tools at best. :'(

If you could point out what content is not possible to participate in with only Heroic gear, then I might agree that it might have lost some value. But implying that Heroic has no value is silly. Yes, there is more powerful alternatives, but if you don't want to spend the G for Legion or do the massive grind for Justice gear for like 20 characters, Heroic does just fine.​​
    biffsig.jpg
    Biff, you and I are in complete agreement. I guess I should have been more clear. Was trying to use that link to support exactly what your saying and challenge this:
    xcaligax said:

Vigilante gear will lose it's place, just like how heroic primary gear has lost it's place to legion, and now justice.

I was saying that I understand Caliga and kaizerin's point of view but disagree.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

Unless we are getting more endgame content, the revamped dungeons we were all hoping for, and a heroic dungeons setting with dungeon loot and such.​​

It has been strongly implied recently that the lair review may finally come.

So you're fixing repels, are you going to fix how OVs can step into someones aoe to flag them too? How about the passives like fiery whose passive aoe can flag a person with out them having to target the villain?

What about the spawn camping? There are turrets around ren center and westside that remain inactive until they are damaged by something.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Is there still no word on the lack of lockbox bonus stamp for the villain lockbox, i.e. whether or not they have decided to scrap the lockbox bonus idea?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Full enhancement effectiveness in those secondaries is insane. Looks like CO is getting NWO power creep onto the one we already have.

Newer content trivializing ALL older content is typical Cryptic.​​
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    Bug: None of the auras are labeled as Unique quality for searching in the Auction House.

Literally NONE of them. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible in whatever build comes next.​​
    Biff, you and I are in complete agreement. I guess I should have been more clear. Was trying to use that link to support exactly what your saying and challenge this:

I was saying that I understand Caliga and kaizerin's point of view but disagree.

Oh, I did absolutely misread. M'bad.​​
    biffsig.jpg
    edited September 2015
    kaizerin wrote: »

Slotted mods can be scaled down, if you're going to go with slots this needs to happen.

Oh noooooo~ they buffed the gear to actually worth the trouble, how terrible, Balance Balance Balance
    onion-65.gif Why do you have to ruin everything?

How about BUFFING Nuclear Shockwave to be something more than a Low DPS Theme Power that cost 10.000 Tokens?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    It should just be a single R3 mod of any type. That will keep it closer to Vigilante. If the Onslaught tokens stay bind to character it will probably take about as long to get an Onslaught piece as it does to get a Vigilante piece (since Q can be shifted among characters), especially given the periodic double Q weeks (not double onslaught token weeks?)​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I am thinking of the massive power jump a few of my characters could get with Onslaught gear with 3 more R7-9 mods.

My Con-based toons can have another 3000 health, and the one using AoPM could gain even more than that.

Likewise, my Pre-based toons with Auras will have impossibly strong auras. What will AoRP be like in support role when Pre is 700?

Str-based toons with Con, should easily be able to get Defense well over 400, right? Maybe 500?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

- Updated all names on Variable Robot parts to just say Variable Robot.

I don't agree with this decision. The current, more descriptive names make things easier to find at a quick glance when searching.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Good Fixings, tho Im confused about this new gear slot thing.

Im guessing its bad
    Psi.
    edited September 2015
    Some people have different view of the word "Balancing"
    and only a small part of CO's minority has access to rank 9 Mods which usually post on Forums, suggesting more NERFS than BUFFs

Leave the Gear as it currently buffed it is for Pete's sake.

Like Legion were stronger than Heroic, and Justice were stronger than Justice
    so Onslaught need to be stronger than Vigilante (which will STILL be easier to get

Who said they need to be on the same level of power? Do you really want to make all Onslaught Rewards sucky?

I wanted Secondary Gear that focused on my secondary super stats a while now, and now this changed made the new gear appealing

ALSO BUFF Nuclear Shockwave​​
  • Its only bad for those who want to ruin Onslaught by making the rewards undesirable,whether that's their intended goal or not. Road to hell, good intentions, etc.

Ahh, I see so, they are buffing the "Wanna-Be Just" gear, yeah, I don't really care for that type of high-end level gear, that's impossabile to get, unless you have Jesus time. So I chuold care less, what they do with Onslaught gear, as I'm never getting it, nor will put my time into it.

I'm happy with my perfect Hero/Vig/Mrec/Quest Gear.

Psi.
    gradii said:

The defeated debuff is EXTREMELY unnecessary and should be removed ENTIRELY. Non tank characters die at LEAST once every couple minutes, and token gain is already painfully slow for hero tokens at current store prices.

Slot on secondaries- good work so long as the slot gives the full amount of stats, this gear will finally come close to a purple non-vigilante secondary in worth. (maybe even vigilante)

If they remove the debuff, they'll need to do something else to discourage spawn camping.
This discussion has been closed.