test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding / Disconnects

2»

Comments

• pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    sannia1 said:

So, the public pool is closed down because somebody peed in it. Yelling at the lifeguard isn't going to help.

Actually, it is the lifeguard's job to prevent that, so yeah, that's the exact person you should yell at. If he doesn't prevent issues, he isn't doing his job.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    jonsills said:

Love all the postings about how Cryptic should somehow be able to prevent DDoS attacks.

Dude, the Pentagon gets hit by these. You think Cryptic's supposed to have better protection available than the US military??

That's setting the bar REALLY low.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    Is the server down again?

i cannot connect at the moment
    elenahall said:

What is shocking even more than all of the things mentioned above is that Cryptic or PWE didn't deem it necessary to even make a single post that things are not working currently and that they are fixing them at the moment. I don't care if theres a post over at the NW forums, while it is very appreciated to our fellow player who let us know about it, I am playing CO not NW and the least that players should be able to expect if a service that they are paying for is totally unavailable is some statement of what is going on from the provider who gets paid for said service.

This is exactly right. It would take less than 2 minutes to make a post on the forums or the Facebook page or Twitter, or all three. The lack of any mention of any issue in a timely manner is just disrespectful to their customers. It says that our peace of mind is not even worth two minutes of their time.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • relicebeckwelfrelicebeckwelf Posts: 1 Arc User
    Cannot connect through the auto updater at all, makes 23 attempts then times out and tells me to check my net connection
  • ghostlotusvirtueghostlotusvirtue Posts: 22 Arc User

Cannot connect through the auto updater at all, makes 23 attempts then times out and tells me to check my net connection

Welcome to DDos, here have a package of peanuts and a coke, you're gonna be here a while.
    On that topic, how is any mmorpg company so not on top of their systems that this is a widespread gaming issue?
    BBS sites, repositories and the like I could see, but someone whose only means of income is through the internet better pay attention to the trends. Hell last company I worked at had never gotten DDosed and yet our Senior Admin made damned sure that we wouldn't be. (Company made 42 Billion a year in shipping and custom technical product design).

Welcome to DDos, here have a package of peanuts and a coke, you're gonna be here a while.
    On that topic, how is any mmorpg company so not on top of their systems that this is a widespread gaming issue?
    BBS sites, repositories and the like I could see, but someone whose only means of income is through the internet better pay attention to the trends. Hell last company I worked at had never gotten DDosed and yet our Senior Admin made damned sure that we wouldn't be. (Company made 42 Billion a year in shipping and custom technical product design).
    Are we sure this is part of an attack? I mean, it's not like Arc has posted any information. Only:

We're aware of the issues with the servers and are looking into it.

— Neverwinter (@NeverwinterGame) September 20, 2015
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:

Are we sure this is part of an attack? I mean, it's not like Arc has posted any information. Only:

It very well may not be, but my gut instinct says it's part of it.
    Want to stop a game you shut down the patch server and login server with connection floods and garbage data, taking up all available port connections and resources.

Saddest part is we're the ones suffering for it, and nobody is mad at Cryptic, no we all want this guy and his friends to BURN. Preferably with napalm.

• cubicledextercubicledexter Posts: 5 Arc User

It very well may not be, but my gut instinct says it's part of it.
    Want to stop a game you shut down the patch server and login server with connection floods and garbage data, taking up all available port connections and resources.

Saddest part is we're the ones suffering for it, and nobody is mad at Cryptic, no we all want this guy and his friends to BURN. Preferably with napalm.

I actually think the saddest part is that some people are blaming and yelling at Cryptic / PWE. That's exactly what the attackers want (if it is indeed their efforts). They got all bent because something didn't go their way. They attack the game. When other players get mad at the game, they're effectively magnifying their own anger.

I think it's really, really sad that anyone would think it's okay to arbitrarily take away the funtime for thousands of people just because they're mad. But I still think it's even more sad that other players fall right into the attackers' plans.

I actually think the saddest part is that some people are blaming and yelling at Cryptic / PWE. That's exactly what the attackers want (if it is indeed their efforts). They got all bent because something didn't go their way. They attack the game. When other players get mad at the game, they're effectively magnifying their own anger.

I think it's really, really sad that anyone would think it's okay to arbitrarily take away the funtime for thousands of people just because they're mad. But I still think it's even more sad that other players fall right into the attackers' plans.

That's the current generations modus operandi, and not all of them mind you "I can't have what I want so NOBODY can!", along with "it's all about me me me, look at me, gimmie my 15 seconds of fame, I'm gonna be a youtuber!".
    Meanwhile most of us are over here going "I DON'T want all this attention".
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    IT'S ME, MILLENNIUM! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

What better way to keep you sniveling heroes from succeeding than to prevent you from even logging in to your game? Now you know, there's no price I won't pay to make your lives a total, living hell!

no but seriously this is kind of annoying. I hope that guy gets rammed with a 2x4.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    edited September 2015

That's the current generations modus operandi, and not all of them mind you "I can't have what I want so NOBODY can!", along with "it's all about me me me, look at me, gimmie my 15 seconds of fame, I'm gonna be a youtuber!".
    Meanwhile most of us are over here going "I DON'T want all this attention".

That is a sad trait of this generation. Ya kinda want to beat it out of them. It used to be if someone disrespected you, you could get in their face. The problem got worked out. Now, if someone were to find one of these guys and, say, deny him the so-called 'privilege' of going about his business pain-free for a few hours or days, he'd cry foul. And never stop to consider that that's exactly what he's doing.

Also, quoting is weird on these forums.
    edited September 2015
    Yeah quoting is weird, have to edit the code tags.
    Well looks like this is gonna take a while, maybe I can get into TSW again, been so long since I left I probably wouldn't know where to start.

Which is weird because I can ping the actual IP..maybe I should edit that patch server file..
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    *sighs and slumps her way off to do something else for the night* So much for playing CO tonite now that I'm home from work...​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    I know right, waste of weekend time.
    at least I managed to get another character to 40 before I had to go to work tonite...​​
    jniKqKJ.png
    May be a false hope, but I've managed to get to the launcher and into the game.

May be a false hope, but I've managed to get to the launcher and into the game.

Worked for me, FINALLY!
    I'll never log out again!
    *Runs back in* Wait what? *proceeds to login*​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    It's the double-edge sword thing. And I fear that now CO is getting more known we can expect more attacks. But in spite of it all it's better than what was before.
  • bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    gtw891 said:

It's the double-edge sword thing. And I fear that now CO is getting more known we can expect more attacks. But in spite of it all it's better than what was before.

Hmm, I'm no techie but it seems like now is the time as well to invest in some kind of protection to mitigate the damage or if not, prevent it all together.

Whether we are shouting at cryptic or the attackers, bottom line is the company needs to ensure they can manage to keep their game in play and frustrated customers to the minimum.
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    Errgh.... I seem to be getting nowhere trying to log in myself. I get past the name input stage but the patch stage never goes anywhere.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    gtw891 wrote: »

Actually, CO's is more likely collateral damage. If something affects NW or STO, it's gonna affect CO.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    Problem still occurring. SNRs start after about five minutes ingame, range from 6 seconds to several minutes. Game is effectively unplayable.