test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CO vehicle found in Astro City.

photo Astro04.jpg
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Comments

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    How does that guy's cape even work!?
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »

Probably through the same logic that allows female characters to wear v cut tops that reach their waist line without their boobs popping out in any activity.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

His blood is thick with iron and the clasp is highly magnetic or the other way around, or his name is The Corky Condor and that's a push pin.

As for V cut tops sans slip and slide action - Adhesive backed vinyl offers a variety of versatile applications. Google Vinyl Costume for more options.

You can cut out your own body cover shapes with a variety of Vinyl Cutters.

Within 20 years there will be 3D printed graphene applications like these vinyl sheets, they will be solar powered and generate light, they will be able to transform from transparent to opaque like COs costume editor.

Here's a super primitive example of LED clothes.

3D printed flexible solar panels.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    And that sounds super uncomfortable since most hero costumes are made of spandex anyways, in the comics. And I can't, for the life of me, imagine going all day with anything adhesive sticking to my skin it drives me nuts having a bandage on me for more than fifteen minutes. And to take out a blurb from the Champions book about this, ahem;
    DON’T WORRY ABOUT STRAPS OR GLUE

For reasons no one has ever adequately explained, superhero costumes don’t slip, bunch, or fall off, regardless of how they’re stretched or abused. Therefore it’s safe for a male hero to flit about in a costume that’s little more than a pair of brightly-colored briefs — no dive into a body of water, no matter how clumsy, will ever strip them from him. Heroines can feel confident that their strapless tops will stay up. This is just a characteristic of the physics of a superhero world.

If a GM wants to be a little more realistic, he can say that among the many materials available to superheroes is a sheer skintight material that breathes, stretches without wrinkling, and can be dyed to match just about any skin tone. Consequently, when a costume appears to be mostly bare flesh, it’s actually covered in part by this useful material, which serves as a base for the apparently daring portions of the costume to be attached to. (Naturally, ice skaters and ballroom dancers will make extensive use of the same material.)

Since most GMs typically do not go through the hassle and most comic books ignore logic for the rule of cool anyways, there isn't a need to apply real world physics to this situation. It's just one of the tropes of the super hero world, because adhesive glue or tape would get uncomfortable, especially on more sensitive bits, over time.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    "Champs vehicle found on comic book!" > "What's up with the cape?" > "Wardrobe malfunctions!"

Yep, sounds about right. Can we at least wait until the third post to go off-topic? :D
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    "Champs vehicle found on comic book!" > "What's up with the cape?" > "Wardrobe malfunctions!"

Yep, sounds about right. Can we at least wait until the third post to go off-topic? :D

No, because there wasn't a topic anyways :p​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    I dunno, I see THREE Champions references on that cover. ONE: The Wasp vehicle (I heard it's only an SE though), TWO: The obvious RIPOFF of Kinetik. THREE: Someone obviously stole Kodiak's camera!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Your right, that totally is Kinetik signing that autograph..
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Didn't even notice I did that. Whelp, you know what they say: You either die the hero or live long enough to become that annoying person who derails threads.
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

Didn't even notice I did that. Whelp, you know what they say: You either die the hero or live long enough to become that annoying person who derails threads.
    Aw no probs, I was just messin'. :P
    raighn said:

Your right, that totally is Kinetik signing that autograph..

You can see it better here!

biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    SUE THEM, NOW!!!
    And yea, M.P.H. looks little like Kinetik...
    And Samaritan's cape works perfectly because it's also attached to his left wrist.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    Soo, where is the CO vehicle?

Im not seeing it..

I can see a guy, what looks like the Power Armor, set..but other then that
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The only vehicle in the picture. Kind of hard to miss.
    You need to concentrate more to the 'looks like', not to the 'is a 100% copy of one'.
    Like the Power Armor.
    samurai-32.gif​​
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I dunno, I see THREE Champions references on that cover. ONE: The Wasp vehicle (I heard it's only an SE though), TWO: The obvious RIPOFF of Kinetik. THREE: Someone obviously stole Kodiak's camera!
    4. psionic spider back peice.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    5. That guy on the top right is the Holoforce Armour costume set:

Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options

You need to concentrate more to the 'looks like', not to the 'is a 100% copy of one'.

Like the Power Armor.

samurai-32.gif​​

Still not seening it, am I that blind?
    Psi.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    cryneting said:

Like the Power Armor.

samurai-32.gif​​

Original post, bottom left, arachnid themed hero on Jetbike......

photo Astro04_1.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    What did Kinetik look like in the tabletop game? M.P.H. has been around in Astro City for 20 years now.
  • Options
    Well, considering the guy signing the only similarities seem to be he's black and he has red,otherwise Kinetik doesn't wear a goofie sized helmet just has goggles with lightning wings and lightning pattern on his spandex.

As far as the wasp vehicle, if you squint is might look like the wasp in game but no.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

Well, considering the guy signing the only similarities seem to be he's black and he has red,otherwise Kinetik doesn't wear a goofie sized helmet just has goggles with lightning wings and lightning pattern on his spandex.

As far as the wasp vehicle, if you squint is might look like the wasp in game but no.​​

Black dude, red and silver motif, lightning motif, similar powers (I'm guessing on that one)?

You are aware that none of us are saying these are exact replicas, right? They bear striking similarities, that's what this whole post is about. Obviously we can look at the Wasp and look at this bike and see that there are differences.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Black dude, red and silver motif, lightning motif, similar powers (I'm guessing on that one)?

You are aware that none of us are saying these are exact replicas, right? They bear striking similarities, that's what this whole post is about. Obviously we can look at the Wasp and look at this bike and see that there are differences.
    The Biff gets it.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options

As far as the wasp vehicle, if you squint is might look like the wasp in game but no.

The Biff gets it.

Riiiight...

4zahn9d.jpg​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    You can't honestly think that out of all the people that replied, you're the only one who had the wits to tell any of those things apart, can you?

Would you at least believe that I didn't really think someone stole Kodiak's camera?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    You can't honestly think that out of all the people that replied, you're the only one who had the wits to tell any of those things apart, can you?

Would you at least believe that I didn't really think someone stole Kodiak's camera?

What I am amazed at it how you always think I am being serious, which is what I really find amusing.

T1yHj4q.gif​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    If that was supposed to be a silly response, I guess you just missed the mark.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

cryneting said:

Like the Power Armor.

samurai-32.gif​​

Original post, bottom left, arachnid themed hero on Jetbike......

photo Astro04_1.jpg

Ohhhhh NOW I see it.

thank you...

Psi.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator

Someone obviously stole Kodiak's camera!

Kodiak's Kodak kleptomaniac strikes again!
  • Options

If you say so, Captain overthehead :p​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    Spider-Guy is about to crash into that lady with the autograph book. He has his hand up like "Hey you with the pen! Get out of the way, I can't stop this crazy thing!"
  • Options
    It's official then. Either Kurt Busiek or Alex Ross are CO fans! :open_mouth:
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

If you say so, Captain overthehead :p​​
    I'm just sayin', making an argument for these things not having similarities is not what I'd call comedy. So yeah it's gonna go way over my head.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    skaargoroh wrote: »
    It's official then. Either Kurt Busiek or Alex Ross are CO fans! :open_mouth:

We know Alex Ross has done it before.......
    Or someone at the Cryptic reads comicbooks....​​
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Dunno that bike is too spikey , but Astro City is a blinking good book :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!