What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

9/17/2015 Release Patchnotes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
9/17/2015 Release Patchnotes

Supervillain Onslaught
- Play as Grond, Medusa & Gravitar to unlock Villain Tokens.
- Defend Millenium city against these foes to unlock Guardian Tokens.
- Spend both at the Onslaught store for new items, new powers, additional villains and more chances to play your villains.
- Power Unlocks Include: Gravitic Ripple, Nuclear Shockwave & Lance Rain

Zen Store Updates
- Mist Aura Pack (Includes White Mist, Black Mist & Tintable Mist).
- Electric and Wasteland Scorpion Grav Bike variants

Drifter Store Update
- Holodisruptor & Timewarp Auras
- Desert & Electric Pink Scorpion Grav Bike vehicles.

Villain Lockbox
- Includes the Toxic & Red Toxic Scorpion Grav Bike variants.
- The new Toxic Steel Costume (w/sword)
- Endbringer's Grasp Ultimate Power (Producer's Note: We may reduce endbringer's Grasp's DPS).
- Boiling Blood & Bats Aura Unlocks
- Onslaught Supervillain Pack (permanently unlocks an Onslaught Supervillain).

Additional Changes
- Pressing 'esc' will close Event Details, Calendar, Welcome Page, Journal windows.
- Intelligence: Cooldown Reduction granted by Intelligence has been drastically reduced.
- Cooldown Reduction Rating: Cooldown Reduction granted by Cooldown Reduction rating has been drastically reduced.
- Telepathy: Psi Lash: Should now start up much faster and activate more consistently.
- Power Armor: Wrist Bolter: Should now start up much faster and activate more consistently.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Are the adjustments to cooldown reduction included? Asking since they aren't listed in the notes.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    Another costume in a lockbox? Thanks. /sarcasm.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Cooldown Reduction and Intelligence changes have been included in this update.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The items in the onslaught vendor are still overpriced.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Full patch notes would be super.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so, does the secondary gear still have no stats?
    if so, that means you need the rampage primaries to cancel the loss of stats.
    RNG.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I have beaten several hundred mobs and not seen a single lockbox drop of any type.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Patchnotes have been updated.
  • Options
    I'm loving the Onslaught Event, regardless of the hate messages for playing Medusa :P
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    No retcon token makes me sad. It was the thing I was most looking forward to.

So, the only thing I can get with hero tokens is villain devices? Not terribly interested in fighting as a become device. The daily mission to get a free villain become is only for lts / golds, right?

And, wow, Steam ad! Didn't see that coming. New wallpaper? Or perhaps high quality artwork images of the new villains?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options

I'm loving the Onslaught Event, regardless of the hate messages for playing Medusa :P

You mean HYPE messages, right? :P
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Not even a retcon token for the PSS Intelligence characters you just neutered? Really?
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

You mean HYPE messages, right? :P
    LOL, I wish.

Most players are really cool about it, but there are some who take it as a personal affront that I've defeated them using an AoE attack >_>
  • Options
    saruro1994saruro1994 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Nice event and all ... is realy nice to see some new things in Co. But the cold down change with out atleast a retoc token, leave a bittersweet sensation, my build got hit is pleyable but not fun any more so i want to redo it but i now i need to speen 600g for it ...
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Why does the Onslaught Mission automatically flag my active missions list every time I zone into Millenium City? I do not want and I am not interested in participating in Onslaught; how can you disable that flag? I have to delete the mission every time I come to Millenium City and in my opinion, I should not have to do that.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    sterga said:

So, the only thing I can get with hero tokens is villain devices? Not terribly interested in fighting as a become device. The daily mission to get a free villain become is only for lts / golds, right?

And, wow, Steam ad! Didn't see that coming. New wallpaper? Or perhaps high quality artwork images of the new villains?

I didn't check if there was a retcon token given or not. It is weird if there isn't one because we were told a few time there would be a retcon token given out. During the last live stream it was pretty clear when a certain dev answered the question of would there be retcon tokens.

"Yes to the retcon tokens"
    - Dev-who-shall-not-be-named.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »

I didn't check if there was a retcon token given or not. It is weird if there isn't one because we were told a few time there would be a retcon token given out. During the last live stream it was pretty clear when a certain dev answered the question of would there be retcon tokens.

"Yes to the retcon tokens"
    - Dev-who-shall-not-be-named.

Retcons have never been given out the day of the patch it's either a day later or the week after.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Retcons have never been given out the day of the patch it's either a day later or the week after.​​

Let's really hope they do it then. Would be ridiculous not to provide retcons given how sweeping this change is.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    BUG: Healing auras (Sentinal Aura specialization, Medical Nanites, Seraphim) flag players as participating the Onslaught even if they are not. I just got ROFL-stomped repeatedly while I was trying to interact with the Onslaught Vendor NPC.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    Please devs, give us a clear answer on the retcons. Many of us need to know if we'll need to be spending money to repair builds.
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    yinjeigh said:

Please devs, give us a clear answer on the retcons. Many of us need to know if we'll need to be spending money to repair builds.

During the twitch stream they said one would be given out.

• Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Just gonna put this out there: Archetypes have very few cooldowns, but those cooldowns matter a ton. This hurts free to play a *lot*. I logged in on a few of my ATs, I can give you a list of what got broken. There are a few (the inventor being the worst) that are legitimately unplayable on higher levels now. Reason? Because there is no soft cap on DPS for an AT like there is on a freeform. DPS = Threat, in our mechanics. Our threat basically pretends to be extra DPS so the mobs look at you. This patch both nerfed the damage on freeform tanks, because they lack active rotations to increase their own, and dropped the ability for ATs to toggle defenses and cooldown wipes.

This is very bad for new players. We all know that the game gets good when you start picking up new gear, when an AT hits 40 now they die so fast. Even my good ATs are glass tanks or cannons, and I've got a ton of 40 ATs. Lots of them are not INT specced, so they'll pick up the mods. WELP. That does nothing at all now.

I gently propose lifting that cap for ATs. Again, since I did that when it was on the PTS. I also gently recommend making the mods do a bit more, since they're expensive and no retcon will fix that. I'm positive that people still have 30 second cooldowns as freeforms *right the hell now*. This isn't hurting the vets, it's hurting the new people in the long run.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Endbringer's Grasp Ultimate Power (Producer's Note: We may reduce endbringer's Grasp's DPS).

NO NO NO NO! PLEASE DON'T it's an ULTIMATE FOR PETE'S SAKE! And it's freaking 2 MINs ultimate! It need to Justified the Cooldown
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Intelligence: Cooldown Reduction granted by Intelligence has been drastically reduced.
    - Cooldown Reduction Rating: Cooldown Reduction granted by Cooldown Reduction rating has been drastically reduced.
    - Telepathy: Psi Lash: Should now start up much faster and activate more consistently.
    - Power Armor: Wrist Bolter: Should now start up much faster and activate more consistently.

NERF the whole Cooldown Reduction System but Slighty Buff two obsecure Energy Builders

FAIR TRADE
    onion-42.gif

Now seriously, where are the REAL BUFFs?

I feel like an idiot for wasting resources for buying Legion of Speed and struggling to get Justice of Speed, now the CDR is negligible! WOW I'm getting 2-3 Seconds reduced CD now! LUCKY ME! How Generous of you guys

, it's like DODGE nerf all over again

I believe you need to review the cooldown of powers now!​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Also did the Debris spam fix for Earth Powers and Telekinetic Maelstrom got Ninja pushed with this update? Yes or No?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

NERF the whole Cooldown Reduction System but Slighty Buff two obsecure Energy Builders​​

Obscure? Two ATs use them.

-Sterga
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Also sad that no retcon tokens were given out - more so seeing that I revised builds of my toons on PTS preparing for them.

The turret by Kodiak seems a bit off.

I've noticed a couple of villains stand right next to the spawn point (one came around from behind the vehicle) and the turret didn't even pop up. Should villains be in its direct line of fire? And the AoE near the spawn point. Oh boy!

Finally, my condolences to the newbies lower lvls, it looks like they have it rough in Westside.

Post edited by bazodee on
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    elenahallelenahall Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    gradii said:

BUG: the new auras are bind to character.

You mean the mist auras? I bought them yesterday and they are not. I already have them in the shared storage.

As for the changes in general .. yet another crazy nerf without adding to variety.

.) The onslaught idea has potential, but needs a lot of work to make it interesting. And with a lot of work I mean 1) Bugfixes 2) Making it interesting 3) Balancing things like villain grouping etc.

Right now its interesting because it's new, but unless someone sits behind it and expands on the development it won't make it to my "good improvement for the game" list.

Theres too many broken content already that was never properly finished. just look at alerts and how broken they still are.

.) Zen Store updates: Nothing new, same old .. recoloring particle effects doesn't provide content for a game that sorely lacks interesting AI mechanics and more interesting mission and gameplay content.

.) Drifter Store Update: More aura und vehicle stuff .. meh

.) Lockboxes: I hate lockboxes, cash grab more cash grab and more cash grab. If you add lockboxes when the remaining normal content is working fine, no one has a problem with that. If 95% of the interesting content however comes from lockboxes, that is a no no.

Give mobs some interesting loot, give mobs some interesting rewards and features. It's no wonder no one wants to actually play the game besides doing alerts, because the content is currently too weak for both XP and drops along with the mobs being totally boring to fight against. You can't have an economy totally reliant on lockboxes, no wonder the ratings for CO are crashing through the floor into the basement.

.) Additional Changes: Nerf Nerf, more nerf. Now when do you give us all those missing energy unlocks, when will we see some serious fixes for all the broken stuff that you can find in endless lists.

Seriously killing possible paths for character building and reducing the variety doesn't really appeal to most players. I for my part would like to see an increase in variety, more powers, more variants to build, but over the years all we ever get is the very same working powers colored in different thematics. Don't get me wrong I enjoy different thematics, but in the end if thats all there is, its not enough.

If you don't want to upset your players into leaving the game, you shouldn't just ruin their whole builds and playstyles if you are not prepared to give them 2 new variants in return for the one you remove.

.. but hey why am I even writing this .. it's not as if the people who can change anything would really care anyways.
    Post edited by elenahall on
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    kyastral said:

Why does the Onslaught Mission automatically flag my active missions list every time I zone into Millenium City? I do not want and I am not interested in participating in Onslaught; how can you disable that flag? I have to delete the mission every time I come to Millenium City and in my opinion, I should not have to do that.

Simple fix: Go talk to the man. That's all you have to do to clear that mission; he then offers you the chance to get involved in the whole Onslaught thing, either as a villain or fighting villains, but you don't have to. No problem!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    elenahall wrote: »
    You mean the mist auras? I bought them yesterday and they are not. I already have them in the shared storage.

Villain Lockbox Auras (Bats Aura, Boiling Blood Aura) and Drifter Auras (Timewarp Aura, Holodisruptor) They are ALL bound on character instead on account​​
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    ATs Are Not Broken.

Source: ...do I really need one? Pretty sure everyone knows I'm the loser who still uses them vehemently.

Before the patch, I had 45second cooldowns on AD and AOs using ONLY Heroic Helmets of Speed (I think the only character that doesn't have one is my Grimoire, but we'll get to him) all slotted with R5 Impact gems. Now it went up to 1 minute.

Before the patch, Nightmare had Amazing Grace and Demonic Flesh Graft (hey, who said you can't use AD Devices?) on a 2 minute and 3 minute cooldown respectively. Now, I have them on a 2m26s and 4 Minute cooldown respectively.

Now you're saying, "WELL THAT WAS A MUCH BIGGER HIT TO DEVICES". And it was. Any that had a "long" cooldown, even with CDR, just got longer. Echo's Stick went up to 12m from 8m.

"SQUISHY ATs ARE NOW SQUISHIER!"

Well yeah. Any that wasn't meant to be a tank is going to be squishy. You're still miles stronger than before On Alert though thanks to gear differences and the Spec system. My Blade and Soldier would faceplant in simple Adventure Pack/Comic missions that most could do with ease (*stares at Aftershock*), and now they can easily burst down anything that would be considered a titanic threat back then but of course get murdered hard in battles of attrition because they're not intended to take damage that often. Basically, if you're NOT a Hybrid or a Protector, you're going to take damage. Whether or not that's going to be a big problem is dependent on the AT, but most all of them have SOME form of self heal be it specc'd or stat'd.

Getting to the Grimoire, which people said would be utterly broken, it's.. fine. You can still cycle your sigils like always (could do it before OA), you can still spam Vala's Light to get back up to full strength, and you can still solo lairs like Necrull.

So yeah. ATs are fine. You just can't spam your big damage ability anymore and have to actually pay attention.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Now you're saying, "WELL THAT WAS A MUCH BIGGER HIT TO DEVICES". And it was.

Actually, it wasn't. CDR doesn't apply to anything with a horizontal bar cooldown (the tooltips claim otherwise, incorrectly).
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    No lockboxes are dropping from mobs.

Just want to point that out again.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The nerf just makes long boring fights even longer and more boring. I ran a few alerts today, no real change in difficulty (still laughably easy), but from my end I felt it took a lot longer to get anything done. Mission accomplished?
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User

..I don't see the problem. Didn't we complain about that happening too much?
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    guyhumual wrote: »
    The nerf just makes long boring fights even longer and more boring. I ran a few alerts today, no real change in difficulty (still laughably easy), but from my end I felt it took a lot longer to get anything done. Mission accomplished?

All the Smash alerts I did AFTER the patch were extremely Slow​​
  • Options
    avianos said:

All the Smash alerts I did AFTER the patch were extremely Slow​​

By which you mean they finished in half the allotted time rather than one third? If your damage output is dropping by more than a third you've got a quite strange build, and plenty of builds are affected either marginally or not at all.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    jonsills said:

kyastral said:

Simple fix: Go talk to the man. That's all you have to do to clear that mission; he then offers you the chance to get involved in the whole Onslaught thing, either as a villain or fighting villains, but you don't have to. No problem!
    I tried that; when I zoned out and zoned back in the auto-mission grant alert appeared and I got the mission again. I still say players should have the option to disable the mission auto grant via general options. Better yet, the mission should not be auto-granted and those that are interested should go talk to the man.

For now, I have to keep my mission journal full so I won't see it appear on my list.
  • Options

Thank you for doing so!

We're pushing a minor update this evening that will address this. It will also change the new lockbox auras to be Bind to Account on Equip like Zen Store auras instead of Bind to Character on Equip. The Drifter Store auras will remain Bind to Character on Equip.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    kyastral said:

I tried that; when I zoned out and zoned back in the auto-mission grant alert appeared and I got the mission again. I still say players should have the option to disable the mission auto grant via general options. Better yet, the mission should not be auto-granted and those that are interested should go talk to the man.

For now, I have to keep my mission journal full so I won't see it appear on my list.

That's odd. On every character I had, once I talked to him (and he gave me a little xp) the mission was done and didn't come back. CO doesn't have the ability to replay missions once you complete them. I think you click once to read his little speech and then click again to complete.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    All the Smash alerts I did AFTER the patch were extremely Slow
    By which you mean they finished in half the allotted time rather than one third? If your damage output is dropping by more than a third you've got a quite strange build, and plenty of builds are affected either marginally or not at all.

I mention during Smash Pugs in general, with 10+ different character! not all of them count on MSA

Funny that you mention strange build, because my little Music-Themed Medabot Crescendo has an Oddball build that combines the majority of Sonic-type attacks (build reference) Yeah sure, he is pretty much a Glass Cannon with no Active Defence, but it was really fun to play

He was the FIRST character I checked after the updated
    You have no Idea how Sad I'm, his build was ruined, he cannot use Sonic Device as often as he used to and it was his Trademark attack onion-49.gif

NOW A SONIC-BASED POWERFRAME COULD SOLVE THIS!

Poor Crescendo​​
  • Options
    avianos said:

I mention during Smash Pugs in general, with 10+ different character! not all of them count on MSA

Which is nothing to do with what I said. If you saw a large difference in speed, it's probably because people with power builds were doing Onslaught. Your build looks like it should be only marginally affected, your main dps should be either chest beam or sonic boom generator.
    avianos said:

NOW A SONIC-BASED POWERFRAME COULD SOLVE THIS!

Bring back the U-ELC Screech Owl Pistol and VS-A1 'Banshee' Sonic Rifle!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Please make the drifter purchase auras bind to account as well. Bind to character should only be for gear, not costumes.

ladygadfly said:
    We're pushing a minor update this evening that will address this. It will also change the
    new lockbox auras to be Bind to Account on Equip like Zen Store auras instead of Bind to
    Character on Equip. The Drifter Store auras will remain Bind to Character on Equip. .​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    kallethen wrote: »
    BUG: Healing auras (Sentinal Aura specialization, Medical Nanites, Seraphim) flag players as participating the Onslaught even if they are not. I just got ROFL-stomped repeatedly while I was trying to interact with the Onslaught Vendor NPC.
    Correction to this bug after testing it more: Seraphim passive is what causes a toon who is doing nothing to be flagged for Onslaught if standing nearby. Sentinal Aura specialization and Medical Nanites passive do not.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User

ATs Are Not Broken.

Source: ...do I really need one? Pretty sure everyone knows I'm the loser who still uses them vehemently.

Before the patch, I had 45second cooldowns on AD and AOs using ONLY Heroic Helmets of Speed (I think the only character that doesn't have one is my Grimoire, but we'll get to him) all slotted with R5 Impact gems. Now it went up to 1 minute.

Before the patch, Nightmare had Amazing Grace and Demonic Flesh Graft (hey, who said you can't use AD Devices?) on a 2 minute and 3 minute cooldown respectively. Now, I have them on a 2m26s and 4 Minute cooldown respectively.

So yeah. ATs are fine. You just can't spam your big damage ability anymore and have to actually pay attention.

Umm... yeah, no. Ok, some ATs maybe. But I really fear what this stupid implementation has done to my Inventor. Why they applied it across the board to Freeforms and ATs who of course, CANNOT stack ADs, apart from sheer laziness with a touch of incompetence I will never understand.

So I guess stacked ADs were just a smokescreen and not really the concern, eh. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options

So I guess stacked ADs were just a smokescreen and not really the concern, eh. :(

It was explicitly stated that stacked ADs were not the reason (or at least, the only reason) for this change. All kinds of powers were overperforming.