What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150819.12/.13 - Villain Lockbox & Toxic Steel Costume / Vehicles

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150819.13
This build is available on PTS now, 9/11/2015

- Fixed the scorpion pike FX points to not all originate from the center.
- Fixed Bonus Crafting event to properly give a 5% bonus.
- Added some Onslaught Supervillain VO.
- Added Villain Lockbox contacts to Ren Center.

Toxic Steel Costume Fixes
- Changed the default material on some pieces so they are consistent.
- Adjusted female chest piece scaling.
- Changed female hands to correctly connect to the arms.
- Changed the hips to work with other chest options.
- Fixed the chest piece clipping into normal legs.
- Fixed the male chest piece scaling so that it does not create a black spot.

Release Notes for FC.31.20150819.12:
This build is available on PTS now, 9/9/2015.

PTS Store Changes
- Moved Onslaught items to a separate Onslaught tab in the PTS store.

Villain Lockbox
- Added the Toxic Steel Costume to the PTS Store. Includes the Toxic Steel sword costume.
- Added the six variants of the Toxic Scorpion vehicle to the PTS Store.
- Added new auras to the PTS store including Bats, Boiling Blood, HOlodisruptor, Time Warp, Mist, Tintable Mist, Black Mist.

Villain Onslaught
- Onslaught Villain HP scales with level to account for level scaling.
- Villains now notify players when an onslaught is over.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by developers:
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1199083/costume-bug-list
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Question, does the HP scaling factor the level of the player using the villain device or the level of the players attacking the villain?

because if it is the latter I can see plenty of room to abuse it.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bug - Missing Tooltip Text - Black Mist Aura / White Mist Aura
    What - The warning text - "This Aura cannot be hued" is missing from these auras tooltips

Bug: Under Robotic Legs - selecting Toxic Steel changes hips to correct piece but legs default to standard Robotic Legs not Toxic Steel Legs.

Bug: Toxic Steel Legs default to cloth material whereas other parts default to metal.

Bug: On all Scorpion Vehicles Player Model hands are below handle bar grips by significant distance. Player model is also clipping into vehicle rather than sitting on it.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Bug: Multiple mist auras cause flickering. ​​
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Instead of the "Villain Lockbox" the name could be a bit more creative, like the "Onslaught Lockbox".​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bug: Onslaught Villains can become friendlies to heroes with the Battling Supervillains buff active and heroes are unable to attack them as they appear as friendlies. Not sure what exactly is causing this. ​​

Bug: Battling Supervillains buff is continually regenerating. I believe residual Mind Spikes stacks may have something to do with this. However, after loosing the stacks and re logging hours later, I am still constantly regenerating the buff.

EDIT: The fix to the battling super villains buff seems to be me staying dead for three minutes until the buff wears off.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    may I suggest that you make the blade from the toxic steel pack available for heavy weapons as well?

cuz..ya know, giant katana thing.

also, no hand pieces for the costume set?
    what is it with you and never giving gloves for to costume sets?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bug: Timewarp aura does not stack nicely with other auras. With using a glow aura and timewarp it disables the glow at some places. ​​

Suggestion: Change the breasts scaling on the female toxic steel chest piece to just flatten the chest. As it is, it deforms the model quite badly when lowering the breasts slider.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2015
    Toxic Steel Problems
    ​​
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Bug: Mist auras pixelate badly when using something like darkspeed, or lightspeed.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    nbkxs said:

Bug: Mist auras pixelate badly when using something like darkspeed, or lightspeed.​​

That might be a limitation in the game engine itself and thus not fixable. But lets hope that's not the case.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Oh wow, Lots of cool stuff here.
    • The Toxic Steel Costume set looks really great. I like the "metal glow" material option.
    • Bats: So cute~! Just what I'd expect from a bats aura.
    • Boiling Blood: Seems a little underwhelming at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it, especially when I play around with the colors.
    • Holodisruptor looks really cool, I hope there are more holo auras (maybe shields?) in the future. Bug: The screen can be seen when zoomed into in first-person view.
    • Time Warp also looks neat, but it really doesn't pair well with other auras since the alpha channels on the blue swirls cancel out the other effects. Also the vertical seams can still be seen... it might be stronger if those colored swirls were tweaked.
    • Mist, Tintable Mist, Black Mist deserve all my zen. They look great and I can see them becoming really popular.
    • Not sure what to say about the scorpions. They look cool, and they're top-tier grav bikes, which is nice. The toxic rockets seems pretty potent. I'm not too into vehicles, myself.
    Really nice Cryptic, This should be a fun Halloween.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    This is more of a suggestion - The Onslaught/Villain Token system is far...far superior to the Rampage RNG setup. Please consider revamping the rampage rewards to something similar. A rampage store and rampage tokens would be a welcome change! I love what the team has done with the Onslaught tokens (despite some bickering about the amount of tokens needed). It's far easier to understand and use than the RNG based rewards for the Rampages. Please, please, please, consider revamping that system to match this one.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The toxic steel shoulders aren't connected to anything on the female model, the base models feet don't connect to the body when used with the toxic steel pieces, the hands aren't aligned with the arms.

Could we have the option to have arms when using the toxic steel chest piece in catagories other then robotic arms?

The gear in the onslaught vendor are still overpriced.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Toxic Steel lower legs clip with tall boots around the calf.

The Toxic Steel leg part should be separated into the "leg accessories" (from the knee up) and "feet" (from the knee down) categories instead of being one piece. Bulky leg pieces like this tend to clip and thus need to bee more modular. The cyberpunk legs have a similar problem in that many of the foot parts clip with the bulky exaggerated calfs.

As it stands, the Toxic Steel leg part is basically incompatible with "leg accessories" and "feet" categories. People will be paying to cherry pick parts of this Toxic Steel set to existing costumes. If this set is going to be "package deal" and incompatible with major parts of the costume creator, it may as well be a become device...

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    endbringers grasp is in the lockbox
    ok, what is it with those stupidly large shoulder loops? I thought it was because the character was skinny , so I changed it to default and they are still stupidly large.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User

Toxic Steel lower legs clip with tall boots around the calf.

The Toxic Steel leg part should be separated into the "leg accessories" (from the knee up) and "feet" (from the knee down) categories instead of being one piece. Bulky leg pieces like this tend to clip and thus need to bee more modular. The cyberpunk legs have a similar problem in that many of the foot parts clip with the bulky exaggerated calfs.

As it stands, the Toxic Steel leg part is basically incompatible with "leg accessories" and "feet" categories. People will be paying to cherry pick parts of this Toxic Steel set to existing costumes. If this set is going to be "package deal" and incompatible with major parts of the costume creator, it may as well be a become device...

Before this is taken too far into consideration, would it not be better for the lower part of the legs to be foot accessories, the upper leg accessories and the actual feet remain as is? That would surely keep these new bulky short feet (Which we honestly don't have a lot of prior) flexible as they should be, as well as offer new foot and leg accessories to boot! Heh, boot.

There are separate material options for "Metal" and "Metal Glow", where the only difference seems to be one color channel having glow enabled. Since glow is entirely optional for most pieces in the game (Excluding some weapons), this material option seems redundant. Unless I'm missing something, of course.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The bats seem a little large and distracting. Maybe make them smaller and tighter in to the body, or perhaps only hovering around the shoulder area.

The tintable mist and boiling blood auras will be useful for the up and coming water based power set ;)​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    zeze7zeze7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Love the Toxic Steel costume although it could use some slight changes like others have previously mentioned. A matching hand part would be nice as well.

The handle of the Toxic Blade should be a bit longer as well as it's increadibly short right now.
    Something similar as the regular katana would work.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Stacking some of the aura's was a bit odd, on some of them it caused them to flash really fast with different colours which could be a problem for some players. Also stacking 4 of the bat's was kind of funny. I don't know how the aura's will be obtained though and how easy they'll be to get more than one of.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    some will likely be a store pack, some will be lockbox. you can work out by where they sit in debugger where they will probably be.​​
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bats aura? Okay, so, can uh... Can you get someone to really quickly draw some crow silhouettes in the same style and make a murder of crows aura as well? Please? Super please?

I will throw my ZEN at it, post haste.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    The sword looks rather... uninspired? Most of all of this looks rather awesome though.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I like the blade design, but the hilt is nonexistent. I d.o think it would work better as a knife. Putting that in would be a nice bonus for the set.

I kind of wish the costume set could get another going over though. It has a lot of odd clipping/design issues. The male arms, for instance, do no even reach all the way to the cuff. They're also poorly textured and uninteresting without the bracers. Similarly, the big loop pieces should be shoulder pads, with the top pieces being attachments these are some poor design flaws that take away from a really nice concept.

I'd love to see this character added as an Alert villain in game. It's be nice to see someone added to the lineup. I see him as a mix of single blade, and maybe reskinned PA abilities that poison?

As far as the vehicles are concerned, I like the design, but I have a couple of suggestions:

1.) Change the hot pink Scorpion's glow color to be more complimentary. I was thinking magenta or neon purple. Putting some Hello Kitty style decals on it would be fun too, though that might just be me :smiley:

2.) Add a smog trail behind the bikes for when they're flying.
  • Options
    The Toxic Steel set should be organized like the Halo Hex armor set.

The Halo Hex armor has a head, chest and arms and leg body suit option that is compressed like tights. But also feet, leg accessories, chest accessories, ect that are bulky but share the same design as the tight body suit version.
    In other words, the Holo Hex suit comes in 2 forms(The tight bodysuit version and but bulky armor accessorie version) and Toxic Steel should too.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    The original post has been updated with the following notes:

- Fixed Bonus Crafting event to properly give a 5% bonus.
    - Added some Onslaught Supervillain VO.

Toxic Steel Costume Fixes
    - Changed the default material on some pieces so they are consistent.
    - Adjusted female chest piece scaling.
    - Changed female hands to correctly connect to the arms.
    - Changed the hips to work with other chest options.
    - Fixed the chest piece clipping into normal legs.
    - Fixed the male chest piece scaling so that it does not create a black spot.
  • Options
    Bug: The breast size is now stuck at maximum size. When lowering the breast slider only one point at the right side of the best is moved a bit.
  • Options
    On a positive note, I love the changes to the legs. They mix nice now with other parts now.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just a bit of critique for this set:

Primarily-

Look, you guys need to sit down and figure out 'categories'. The 'shirt' doesn't work with regular arms, it's a 'robot arms' piece. Which leads me to my second problem.

You guys need to figure out 'scales' on robotic arms. This is beyond awful, the shoulders are nothing like they should be compared to other shoulders. The Pharoah shoulders have this same problem, making them unusuable without some kind of shoulderpads to hide this.

STOP making costumes that only work by themselves. The Robot costume had this same problem. It is a bit disturbing that the last two sets released in the C-Store have this issue.

Positive Notes:
    • The 'shirt' and the 'pants' look really awesome. I like the cybernetic details of this.
    • The shoulderpads are on point, too. Really simple, but kind of what we needed.
    • The feet are killer. I think that's the kind of feet we've needed for a while.
    Downsides:
    • I like where you're going with the sword, but it's too thin and the hilt is too short. Why not use the Cyber-ninja sword instead?
    • The head is okay and all, but it's just... too simple. Why not add a few more bits that work with it and can be used on other pieces?
    • It's missing something, it seems- arm accessories and leg accessories would be welcome... as would a 'belt' or something, maybe with a knife on it (or knife as a belt accessory option)
    Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Bug: The breast size is now stuck at maximum size. When lowering the breast slider only one point at the right side of the best is moved a bit.

That should be fixed in our next build.
  • Options

STOP making costumes that only work by themselves. .

Amen!

Power Feedback:
    Nuclear Shock-wave
    Nuclear Shock-wave only shoots in the direction the camera is facing, it does not lock on to target. This obviously causes the power to miss and do no damage.
    Nuclear Shock-wave needs better sound, the current sound for the power sounds like shattering glass. It needs something that conveys the crashing of the ground but also the Nuclear energy that is the real attack.
    The damage is obviously placeholder.

Gravitic Ripple
    Gravitic Ripple does not feel like a DPS power it feels like a tank power. It agros everything around and clumps them into melee range. This power will get players killed if they are not running a defensive passive.
    Gravitic Ripple is in a DPS tree so it needs to work synergeticly with other force powers, and assume the user does not necessarily have high resistance/hp.
    You guys need to decide what kind of power Gravitic Ripple is going to be and to me there are 3 logical choices.

1.Gravitic Ripple as a pbaoe dmg power:
    Model Gravitic Ripple after other DPS tree PBAOEs like epidemic and Hurracane. Hurracane is a good example of a PBAOE maintain power that influences mob position and does respectable damage.
    B. Make it so the "gravity well" status effect is only active while Gravitic Ripple is being maintained. As it currently stands "gravity well" persisting after Gravitic Ripple ends is weird if not disruptive. This will also give players more control because "gravity well" will be on when you need it and off when you don't.
    C. Remove the cooldown.

2.Gravitic Ripple as a pbaoe support/CC:
    Model Gravitic Ripple after Ego Storm.
    A. Increase the damage to ego Storm levels then buff it a lil more because ego storm is a hold and thus stops incoming damage.
    B. Reduce the cooldown on the power to Ego Storm levels. Ego storm has around a 13 sec recharge.

3. It would be nice if Gravitic Ripple had an advantage so that the power could focus on the PBAOE damage aspect or the pseudo CC gravity aspect depending on how you allocate points.

• Options
    Yeah there is still countless bugs with this lockbox set. Once I get the time I'll list them down, but a qeastrion, to you guys even test things before you put them on, or do you just make them and expect them to work?
    Psi.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2015

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

1, Fixed the scorpion pike FX points to not all originate from the center: WRONG, NOT FIXED

2. Added Villain Lockbox contacts to Ren Center.: WRONG, NOT THERE

3. Why Does This Bug Still Exist?: NOT FIXED!

Links To All UNFIXED, gg you said they where fixed, Are we rushing to this lockbox out the door, so you hope people spend money are we?

1. http://postimg.org/image/vje5xz5oz/
    3. http://postimg.org/image/cd0yusp77/
    2. http://postimg.org/image/j65x4t5eb/

Psi.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    villain lockbox is in the debugger, same place the lockboxes usually are. I tried a few.
    your picture is the right rear of the PH. debugger is usually on the left rear as you go through the arch.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    chaelk said:

villain lockbox is in the debugger, same place the lockboxes usually are. I tried a few.

your picture is the right rear of the PH. debugger is usually on the left rear as you go through the arch.​​

I kowm that

He said " Added Villain Lockbox >contacts<"

Not the lockbox itself
    Psi.
  • Options
    ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
    I recommend to change animation of Nuclear Shockwave. It have animation of Earth Splitter from Heavy Weapons, but looks kinda silly. Better to give it Skullcrusher animation.
  • Options
    Test?
    Psi.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Love the voice over work for teleios :D

Would be nice if medusa could have some VO added and grond's lines thrown in too.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

There are separate material options for "Metal" and "Metal Glow", where the only difference seems to be one color channel having glow enabled. Since glow is entirely optional for most pieces in the game (Excluding some weapons), this material option seems redundant. Unless I'm missing something, of course.

That is all I saw too, and since it's tied to only metal you can not use glow for cloth or leather. So please just add the glow option to all materials and remove the glow metal material.

aiqa said:

That should be fixed in our next build.
    Yays.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Request: Alternate Aura Version - Timewarp

Would it be possible to have another version of the Timewarp Aura which comes with an invisible or flat out WITHOUT the tintable part?

• Options
    Take these Toxic Steele pieces out of the robotic arms and legs categories. This costume is hard enough to cherry pick as is without adding that extra layer of complication.

There are general clipping issues with C-store costume pieces and the "robotic arm/leg" categories These issues are already live and I doubt you guys have to fix them. Making Toxic Steele pieces centered in the "robotic Limb" categories will further exacerbate this problem and cement a status as a costume set that mainly works within itself.

I would provide pictures but I cant take screen shots of CO for some reason. Maybe its my duel screen setup...

• Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Can you make character invisible and make bats smaller and use that for Bat Flight effect?
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User

This is more of a suggestion - The Onslaught/Villain Token system is far...far superior to the Rampage RNG setup. Please consider revamping the rampage rewards to something similar. A rampage store and rampage tokens would be a welcome change! It's far easier to understand and use than the RNG based rewards for the Rampages. Please, please, please, consider revamping that system to match this one.

Maybe make the tokens drop at least once every time, with a rare chance of 1-4 extra dropping. Then up the cost in the drifter store to 25 tokens instead of 2.

• Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    null
    I really feel like this system would be best served with a daily that awards a set number of tokens for completing the alert a certain nber of times. Five for five would be perfect, in my opinion. It's such a neat, tidy solution too.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I'd like to see an alternate version of the Bats Aura, with just one or two bats orbiting the character.
This discussion has been closed.