test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future Auras - Suggestions

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Suggestions Box
Since the original thread for this is quite old-ish, and I wasn't going to necro it...I decided to re-post with a few additions from other players.

Feel free to add to this, hopefully some developers take notice :P

General Suggestion for Auras

All Z-Store Auras are now BoP Multi-Claim. (Suggestion by crosschan)

Aura Suggestions

1 - Targeting Computer's Lock On/Locked On Aura

This aura would work like the critical visualizer aura but would produce the "lock on" FX through damage. Like so:

TC%20aura1_zpsoiznnczv.jpg

2 - Shield Aura (Force field/ Dark force shield etc)

This aura would be about as large as is possible in game so:

2zgepo3.jpg

This aura is present on Fire and Ice as well as Dr. Destroyer and Shadow Destroyer (pictured). Several variants would be in order:

- Tech (Holo Hex-y/ Energy Shield)
- Darkness (pictured)
- Energy/Light (Fire and Ice's shield VFX)
- Pure Force Field. (Below v)
FG6_zps8313b34d.jpg

^ This is Force Shield Rank 3's FX without the weird fuzzy energy. (I think it may be best to limit this to in combat only aura slot, but then again maybe not.)

3- Astral/Mystic Aura

The VFX for "Disabled!" effects in game. As well as Caliburn's TT aura, representing his mystic/astral form.

Astral%20Form1_zpsnm5q8ypj.jpg

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    4- Psi Aura Pack

A mix of previously suggested aura ideas from Spordelia and myself.

Basically the head aura's or even psychic manifestation auras that we can see in game. :biggrin:

Regarding PSI Aura's/Mentalist Aura's:

- Shadow of Doubt's psychic wave when fired from the head would be a fantastic aura to have to be constantly active with small pulses outward. Like this...

Kontrol4e.gif

Spordelia has done an amazing job with suggesting and creating pictures for amazing variations within this aura category and I don't think it's possible for me to say how much I am wanting all these auras:

(click images for higher-res)

The following for this suggestion is from Spordelia:

Psi Aura Pack

PsiAuraPack.jpg

1)- The Cerebro:
    Overall shapes suggesting a brain's pattern, psi-energy streams arcing towards the back of the head beautifully. Think: Emma Frost in "Wolverine and the X-Men". Menton. Intellectual & Masterminds.

Notes/Observations:
    * More arcs - suggested by @theravenforce.

2)- The Crown:
    Not literally one, more of a frontal psi manifestation with the lines swirling & energy flowing that way suggesting a crown/tiara/other sort of head accessory, nonetheless very sort of regal, beautiful but no less powerful, delicate but still imposing, presence & finesse over brute force... & all of that.

3)- The Mask:
    If it might resemble/reference to Psylocke's trademark butterfly avatar, which is why I was on the fence about it - but figured that might get suggested anyhow - so there it is. I am, however, pitching it as an irradiating mask, instead. Pulsing, flowing, burning with psi energy with a little particle action going on the edges there, akin to Fire Eye's Aura effect. What's more iconic to a hero than a mask, and it's that sorta "coming to life", speaks to a hero's very identity manifested when they flare up psionics. I chose a Slanted-shaped mask, taking a look through all types this seemed the most representative, cover-all-grounds style, but it could've have been any, really.

4)- The Ego Leech:
    I love the in-game effect - thinking psi auras/powers, quite frankly most if not all of them could use some of that "forehead glow" effect. PSI Hypnotists (NPC villains) have something similar on all the time, too, and I'm jealous. :P So it's referencing to that effect, pulsing, maybe a little of that cool ripple FX added, maybe spiraling very slowly, some particles as well... <3. Gimme!

Alongside #5(Eye), this is a "wildcard" Aura, serves-all-purposes FX, it can be used alone or to compliment other Auras, no fear of going wrong. Also about this more versatile "category": in-to-out of combat or even for RP'ing purposes - you may start subtle with this, and evolve to a different Aura or a combo, really, your imagination's the limit. Initially, I had five Auras locked down but these two (#4 and #5, Leech and Eye) were combined - and then I thought best not to "force" one onto the other, as small or subtle as they might seem - more versatile this way. Next thing I knew I was rounding this up to ten. More than I had signed for. But, it's all good. :P

5)- The Glowy Eyes:
    So we have Fire Eyes already and that can be argued, but I absolutely felt this should be in. Been into old movies lately, got to see John Carpenter's "Village of the Damned" and I was obsessed, it just sealed the deal for me. What's with horror movies and children that makes them, just bad news? Creepy children in a corn field, the ghost of creepy little children, creepy children with bowl cuts, they all be very creepy, period. But particularly creepier when they're actually aliens using psychic powers manifested via creepy glowing eyes to make you jump off a roof holding a broom to your chest impaling yourself onto a truck - that's how evil they are.

Fire Eyes and this: different enough to justify it, IMO. But I'm also very biased. I can't actually be trusted right now, as I'm typing this under their creepy PSI influence, after which I'm to stab myself in the eye, repeatedly, with this nail filer lying next to the keyboard. EVIL, I tell you!!! :P

6)- The Hypnotist:
    Another one that's kind of iconic, and pretty straightforward: slow, hypnotic (or disorienting?) rings pulsing from the character's head. Think: Alien Crystal's FX, Shadow of Doubt. Hypnotism, vertigo, confusion, mind-influence at large, sonic waves. Option for these rings to emanate from the head out, and maybe better representative of an Aura (as opposed to a power), so, as said before, whatd'ya think, lemme know, and that kind of input will be gladly added onto the OP.:)

7)- The Sixth Sense:
    Alert, alert! (not *that* kind of Alerts :D). Think Spiderman's *tingling* Spider-sense, precognition, enhanced senses, evasive maneuvers, etc -characters that can (fore)see it coming and dodge it like a bawz. Would fit a hundred character concepts, me thinks - but also interesting to watch how it sort of takes a different vibe in a combo. Again, it's thinking customization possibilities.

8)- The Wobbly: (I know right...? xD)
    Basically the overall look of Psionic Shield Aura, adapted to a head -generic/iconic Aura, but I'm thinking, more color & glow, maybe pulsing (some particles, as well?) in addition to its wobbly movement. Like #9 below, does its head-aura job without mucking up the face or head much.

I believe the perfect Aura for this "category", would be a happy medium between this and #9 below, if you know what I mean and if I'm making any sense.

9)- The Generic Yet Iconic: (aka The Aura of Arcane Clarity Knock-Off)
    (To clarify: by "generic" I mean non-specific in way that would limit concept: it's a good thing).

Seen many players use this Aura to represent psionics in-game, it does the job well and looks cool. I'd suggest a minor tweak more tailored toward psi: away with the arcane symbols, added dots/particles or even wispy Ego Sprites, something a lil more familiar and that's visually cohesive with the Telepathy set, to that function. Plus: what was said above about a happy medium between these two, I stand by that, I think something really cool-looking could be worked out off that idea.

10)- The Horrific Visage:
    Bear with me w/ the drawing there, I was not feeling it, lol, this one, like the mask, sixth sense and others that were not in the plans and I was like, meh... whatever. If that doesn't look scary to you, just ridiculous maybe even funny-looking on top of sloppy and badly-drawn: working as expected. :P

General idea, right? And really the concept/idea which is what matters, I think is interesting and might serve a number of character concepts: illusionists mainly, who use their powers to instill fear, or maybe that's the psi's true nature showing, or is it a link to a supernatural entity that gives them power... etc. What's frightening, how and to whom - that can be tricky to sorta pinpoint. I think that, just the iconic "fear" skull image (like in the small icon) would do a good job in representing this Aura, maybe pulsing forward from the face, floaty scary head, whatever.

I went (sorta, kinda) for a Summon Nightmare creature look there (cuz, concept), but, being a static image and all, I'm not sure it conveys the idea very well. Again, it really could be anything - zombie, demon, skeleton... - or even a morphing animation between various frightening faces could be this Aura's thing. In the combo demonstration below, I did a sans-horn (more like The Stalker) creature version, just because , and I kinda like it better (though that might be the creepy glowy eyes).

5 - PSI Psychokinetic Projections - Extra arms and access to parts we do not have, like the PSI Bracer/Glove/Gauntlet that they have like this:

psiarmor.jpg

We currently have access to Mind Slayer Bracers and Shoulder Pads, worn by the PSI Slicer, but we do not have access to the Neophytes gloves/gauntlets, nor the PSI Slicers PSI Arm Accessories or the PSI Agent's Extra Arms.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Aura Suggestion: the STARs from Flag Speed and Flag Flight
    The only thing I like from those Travel Powers, it would be pretty if we had access to them

1db31d9388e3514e2adfbc71a00af9741341355854.jpg
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    The Psi ones look cool. :) Kind of wary about the size/noise of the big bubbles, though.

(I wonder if we CAN hack the visualizers to work with the Aura setup....)
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Splosions....what exactly did you type to get censored? I can think of only one word and it makes that whole statement hilarious.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    hahahahaha. Yes, that's very amusing.
    Apparently H-ack is autocensored.
    splosions wrote: »
    The Psi ones look cool. :) Kind of wary about the size/noise of the big bubbles, though.

(I wonder if we CAN hack the visualizers to work with the Aura setup....)

Same, big fan of all of these, the Psi ones and the bubble and the astral auras are my favourites. :blush:

Hrmm, I've got a burning need for them to be in game as an aura for players, there must be some way to have personal domes like that...

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Halloween is only 3 months away. If they get cracking (or is it cackling?) they could make a nice Halloween Aura set. What I'd include (a la the Hi Pan flames)

Hovering skulls (burning eyes).
    Hovering candles (like in one of the mystic hideouts).
    Hovering bats.
    Hovering cauldrons.
    Dripping blood (whole body, hands, torso, eyes), colorable to be other liquids.
    Lacerated skin (the effect one gets with bleed).

Toss in a witch's broom as a weapon skin? (Could also be used by cranky old men to chase the kids off their lawns).

What else would be cool?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    VERY cool ideas, folks. We'll definitely keep these in mind!
    edited June 2016
    Unfortenly I don't have Screenshots for this since I saw it from a pug player

got it
    FAPcA4U.png

Become Lemurian Power Armor Device has MANY really nice Auras and Visuals

One that caught my attention, when it use the Plasma Beam Reskin (Magic Beam)

Magic Beam applies a hand aura (only on left hand) the aura looks like a combination bewteen magic runes and digital aura
    I need to get a screenshot for this, but I believe it's on the C-Store pictures of the Become

Oh hey there is a Video reference
    [video]https://youtu.be/E4cAAIfxlpg[/video]

@4:03 for Magic Beam

I kind of wish we had the Power Armor Reskins the Become has​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2016
    Aura Suggestion: The Music Notes which appear during the Foxbat's Robot Minions who apply a Crowd Control to the player (Sounds Bots, but I think the singing cowboy do it as well)

I really want those Music Notes as an aura, for the sake of my Music-Themed characters!

Crescendo and DJ Matthew NEED it

EDIT: 24 MARCH 2016 ! WE GOT THEM
    onion-20.gif​​
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    I'd love to have musical notes similar to
    avianos wrote: »
    Aura Suggestion: The Music Notes which appear during the Foxbat's Robot Minions who apply a Crowd Control to the player

I really want those Music Notes as an aura, for the sake of my Music-Themed characters!

Seriously, this. Ravebot demands it.
    ​​
    10dsf81.png
    cynicool wrote: »
    I'd love to have musical notes similar to
    Aura Suggestion: The Music Notes which appear during the Foxbat's Robot Minions who apply a Crowd Control to the player

Seriously, this. Ravebot demands it.
    ​​

I'd have to agree, releasing an aura like this, maybe alongside or before some sonic powers would be great.

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I made a post awhile back, suggesting a Dripping/Wet Skin aura. Instead of reposting that whole thing here, I'll just post a link to the thread. Click on it to check out the screenshot.

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/251737/dripping-and-wet-skin-auras
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    I'd love to see an "astral projection" aura- basically, transparent, with the psi material applied to it.
    Angel Feathers Aura Stand Alone Aura like Petal Cloud Aura (without the ridiculous range of it)
    Angel Feathers Aura cause Semi-Transparent Light Colored Feathers to appear from you character which slowly fade once they touch the ground!
    Useful for Avian-Themed and Feather Mofif characters as well!

I suggested that long time ago​​
    I'd like the effects from Ascension to be an Aura actually as well, so similar to what you are referring to I assume.

I'd also like to see an Incombat Shrinker Aura, if we can't get a power for it. :wink:
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    This is just a super simple mockup but...Emblem Auras.

Floating holograms of the game's emblems that sit somewhere between six inches to a foot from the hero's chest. A new chest emblem piece or actual auras have different strengths and weaknesses to them. Chest Emblems can be multiple colors, might be "easier" to code if it's just projected onto a plane (and thus allow all emblems in one go instead of a massive number of packs that skip emblems), and might scale better with different body sizes. Done as Auras, they have in/out of combat lightup potential without special fiddling (and thus retain their own colors), can be made more three dimensional with at least a mild bevel instead of just being a flat plane, can be layered, and can have black & white variants.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    my aura suggestion would be an aura that moves/ forms to your body but stands out enough to be easily seen. maybe have it pulse every so often. Like Green Lanterns force field auras do. thanks
    edited May 2016
    OH DERP! I got confused due to forum search result!

Anyway posting the idea again on the right thread this time:

I haven't forgot this thread, there are honestly many SFX i want to see as auras
    1. Aura Suggestion: Fractal Aegis's Ice Crystals
      Why?: those floating Elementals are the best effect of this Ultimate, i really wish to see it as aura
      2PGlD8v.gif
      My Magic Marionette, Fienpoe, showing the Aura effect

Take a look at those Crystals by yourself

Those visual have Potential and qualifications to be Auras

2. Aura Suggestion: Eldritch Blast's Magic Circles
      Why?: Fully charging Eldtrich Blast, gives you some really pretty Magic Circles visuals (which are pretty awesome to see if you use it before a Alert Cutscene start) Those Circles would make an excellent addition for Magic Users
    ​​
    edited March 2016
    Aura Suggestion: Fish and Bubbles Aura
    Description:You are surrounded by small fishes
    Reference: Ingame Lemuria 2D Fish Sprites
    29Gg6p6.jpg

With this aura, you will have a spawn of fish around your character, swimming while slowly getting despawned
    If you see them ingame, their animation is really relaxing

I'm suggesting FISH as aura, I have officially lost control of my life
    Aura Suggestion: Cloud and Nimbus

Description: You are surrounded by Cloud which slofty appear and dissapear around your character's
    Variations:
    • Storm Cloud
    • Storm Cloud with Lighting FX
    • Cloud with mini Rainbow

Reference: Nothing ingame so have a screenshot with WEATHER REPORT from JoJo Eyes of Heaven game as reference, and get ready for HEAVY WEATHER

VGdfK2b.png

and SPEAKING OF JOJO
    Aura Suggestion: ゴ ゴ ゴMENACING AURA ゴ ゴ ゴ
    Description: RUMBLING JAPANESE TEXT APPEAR FROM YOUR CHARACTER, WITH THE JAPANESE ゴ
    Reference: THE ENTIRE JOJO SERIES
    flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    adf.gif
    c74.gif

Reasons:
    • JoJo series is the best thing since Sliced of Life
    • Its Awesome
    • We could use Written Text Auras
    • Part 4: Diamond is Ubreakable is getting anime adaptation in April and the Fanbase is exloding with Hype (best part along with Steel Ball Run)
    • Everything JoJo Related would be a huge improvement for the game (i can give a list of costumes)
    tumblr_o49dzrjQQt1ufq0ayo1_400.gif
    ​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    A couple of (already in-game) effects which I’d like to see as Auras:

1)- Psi Auras:

This is spot-on for *2 (“The Crown”) which I had previously suggested.

The ‘Ego Leech’ effect (*4), I also think would be pretty dope!

2)- Cold Breath: the cold misty breath effect you see when in Canada. Originally suggested by @championshewolf here.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    maybe the distortion effect from distortion acrobatics as an aura?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    How about a tintable version of the dripping water effect you have when coming out of the water. Lots of aqua toons and other oozy, drippy characters might like that :)
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I would like to see the twisted illumination use by nephilims as an aura. And also the pulsating glow Draysha Gas Pistol gives off.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • sinlothbazursinlothbazur Posts: 28 Arc User
    A big fancy glowing halo
    Updated my Fractal Aegis crystal post to include a GIF
    also made a seperate build http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1205128/aura-suggestion-floating-crystals-taken-from-the-fractal-aegis-ultimate

Aura Suggestion: The STAR visuals from the [Star Refill] Devices
    I WANT MORE STARS​​
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

How about a tintable version of the dripping water effect you have when coming out of the water. Lots of aqua toons and other oozy, drippy characters might like that :)

Yes please... Aquaria needs this...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bleed debuff Aura. I want my Gladiator type character to be covered in blood.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

Bleed debuff Aura. I want my Gladiator type character to be covered in blood.

Slime Aura tinted red looks exactly like that.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Remember that Become Lemurian PA hand aura i mentione in one of my first posts?
    FAPcA4U.png

That's it​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    How about a second Footprints aura but this one uses the big splotchy footprints from the Vibora Bay mission where you're tracking Bludhound. It would be nice for toons with non-human shoes/feet.
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    candy aura and rainbow aura :)
    edited November 2016
    Come on people, Suggest more Auras, we need more Auras

Aura and Symbol suggestion for Sorcery: Existing Magic circles from Eldtrich Blast
    wLM3Pmi.jpg
    the magic of cutscene shenanigans
    I'm actually surprised those circles weren't made available for the new Sorcery powers, they would look awesome for Soul Beam and Star Barrage​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    avianos said:

Come on people, Suggest more Auras, we need more Auras​​

Oh right I posted this in the costume thread for some reason....

I'm sure you can guess what game that's from. :p Anyways, the blue effect is a visual from a buff ability called Cryotronic Modulation. It creates that blue swirly effect and adds that sheet of ice-style effect. It'd be a really neat Aura option. :D

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2016
    Aura Suggestion: Wind aura sphere for Hands
    Aspects used from: Whirlwind WIND power
    pwSBPJL.jpg

Now this is interesting, Whirlwind applies a really nice sphere aura at your hands while maintaining the power, excellent aura for Elemental Mages builds

Also Im a sucker for Hand Auras~

Unrelated note: I need to make a lvl 40 FF character who will be permantly inside Power House so I can test stuff
    ​​
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    So I'd assume this is the general aura suggestion thread now...?

Might as well throw in mine.

-An "Always On" Weapon Aura: This would allow characters with weapons to constantly display the weapon that corresponds with the aura to always display in the character's hand. "Dual Swords Drawn Aura", "Heavy Weapon Drawn Aura", etc.

-An "Always Sheathed" Aura: This would e like the "always on" auras, except they'd allow the weapons to display as sheathed in/on a specific area of the character's body. "Back Submachinegun Holstered Aura", "Thigh Claw Sheathed Aura", etc.

-Travel Power Aura: This aura would make it look as though the character's travel power is always on, even if the power gets disabled by the opponent. "Travel Power A Aura" & "Travel Power B" Aura for both travel power slots.

-Pregnancy Aura: For female characters. Makes your character look pregnant. Instead of a color drop-down menu, it would have a belly size slider.

-Character Float Aura: Makes it look as though the character is floating in place, or hovering above the ground if they move. Not a power that lets them fly upward, just something that changes their "stance"

-"Death animation" Auras: These auras would change the way your character looks when he or she is defeated. Dissolving into a pile of ash, broke into several pieces, sucked into a singularity, etc.

"Sound-Only" Auras": These auras would give your character unique sound effects. "If your character is mechanoid, they'll use the "Robot Movement Sound Aura" If your character is made of goo, they could equip the "Goo Sound Aura". If your character is a ghost, they'll need the "Ghost Sounds Aura". Etc etc etc.​​
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    I agree with all of this, not being able to keep my assault rifle in my back or in my hands is a pain

• psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    imagebam.com
    Energy sphere aura with you at the center
    imagebam.com
    after like images
    imagebam.com
    This could be a combination or just one but having the energy swirling around the person not on the body and the smoke flame effect is nice. Fire composed of smoke not fire.
    imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
    Various sphere like effects, and a writhing energy effect
    imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
    Floating cards, playing cards, tarot deck, ect.. ruins and symbols could be as well. the smoke wafting up off the body not sure if can be done, as one in game but is out line not really coming off body. The energy or magical effect rings around arms and head would be cool could do same with cards and symbols as well have them orbit slow around them or body not just trailing away like the ones in the game do already.