test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Super Villain would you like to play as next?

xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
Gravitar, Grond, and Medusa are the initial 3 super villains available for Onslaught. The developers have already said they plan on releasing more villains in the future! So who would you like to play as?

Which Super Villain would you like to play as next? 86 votes

Therakiel
11%
lestylomaftethasukurobifenrir4lifeechokoumoridr490nbr347hisidarachanjessypranksterdivineone69darqaura2 10 votes
Takofanes
2%
tigerofcachticezemmax 2 votes
Firewing
10%
creamy096jonsillsgradiiashensnowcanadascottcynicoolstoopidmethecenotaphvonqball 9 votes
Ripper
3%
championshewolfroyalflvshgregmeisterr 3 votes
Dr. Destroyer
8%
nephttombmaster123rovenzard#5737freakstreakserialkillerwhalsigmaseven0alexjackal 7 votes
Shadow Destroyer
2%
cornivicklavos 2 votes
The Warlord
9%
meedacthunistbluegrassbeastbluhmannbkxscelizicthegrandnagus1iceih03smithrobloxian 8 votes
Mechanon
2%
biffsmackwellrebelscum58 2 votes
Kigatilik
3%
kallethensistersiliconmarkhawkman 3 votes
Other
46%
aiqapantagruel01riveroceandraognchaelkmorigosabaelogventurekemmicalsjaazaniah1kaiserin#0958rykus83deadman20ladygadflybringmeaslabpsychicslugstellariodragondesirsaropalflameglortorraighn 40 votes

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    Taipan- lets see them manage someone with speed 12.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Other
    My favorite villain in Champs lore is Tyrannon the Conqueror. . . but he is kinda just a giant tree so I don't think he would work very well.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Other
    I'd like to play as Teleiosaurus.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    Woot. 6 votes. Big population :pensive:

Vote other because none isn't an option.
    I'm waiting for REAL new playable content instead of this joke (but don't hope for because... hum, we won't never see it. No need to explain, right ?)
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Kigatilik
    Yeah, that's right, gaelyn! You sure showed them! Six votes on a poll posted at 2:30 AM PDT! You people suck for sleeping in!

Meanwhile, back on topic, I voted for Kiga just to hear him go on a anthropogenic climate change rant because it's stopped snowing in Michigan in the dead of winter.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    Other
    Foxbat. I want to see them pull an explanation as to how this goof is going on a rampage out of their nether regions.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2015
    Other
    Teleiosaurus, Vikorin and Simorgh.​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    I'm not sure heroes that don't get their powers biologically are options with this new system, injecting yourself with Warlord DNA isn't going to give you the power armor, similarity the power of divine beings like Kigatilik, non human beings like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus, or aliens like Firewing, or even magical or technological villains like the Bronze King or Mechanon are not likely viable options. Having said all that, I'll second Foxbot. We'll likely see Menton and Psimon as well.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    gradii said:

guyhumual said:

I'm not sure heroes that don't get their powers biologically are options with this new system, injecting yourself with Warlord DNA isn't going to give you the power armor, similarity the power of divine beings like Kigatilik, non human beings like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus, or aliens like Firewing, or even magical or technological villains like the Bronze King or Mechanon are not likely viable options. Having said all that, I'll second Foxbot. We'll likely see Menton and Psimon as well.

Firewing gets his powers biologically, being an alien. Your point? Aliens have genetic material, its not entirely out of the question for teleios to somehow have acquired a sample.
    Well far be it for me to say "This can't be done", all I'm saying is that given what we've seen thus far and my understanding of science and genetics, is that, while alien technology and biology is a well know troop in comics for sources of super powers, it follows that some alien biology might just be too alien to work with human DNA.

I'm not saying that it's impossible, or that it's something I'm against, just given my understanding of the scope and story of this new content, it's just not something I'd expect. I'd imagine we'll be seeing mostly human villains, or villains that once were human.

Having said all that, I would like to see Foxbat, and he's a gadget and training type of hero, and not someone that's going to transfer their powers via science serum Macguffin.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Other
    Ankylosaur! #WeAdoreAnkylosaur
    Other
    guyhumual said:

That is a good point, but during the live stream GC said they would really like to do Therakiel and he is like... magics? Supernatural? So I'm sure whatever it is, they'll find someway to explain it away lore wise.

edited September 2015
    Other
    xrazamax said:

guyhumual said:

That is a good point, but during the live stream GC said they would really like to do Therakiel and he is like... magics? Supernatural? So I'm sure whatever it is, they'll find someway to explain it away lore wise.

Fair enough. I'm not against some of these choices that you have set up, most of them just didn't seem likely to me.
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    guyhumual said:

I'm not sure heroes that don't get their powers biologically are options with this new system, injecting yourself with Warlord DNA isn't going to give you the power armor, similarity the power of divine beings like Kigatilik, non human beings like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus, or aliens like Firewing, or even magical or technological villains like the Bronze King or Mechanon are not likely viable options.

You presume there are limits to the genius of Teleios, the living embodiment of perfection!?
    Other
    splosions wrote: »
    I'm not sure heroes that don't get their powers biologically are options with this new system, injecting yourself with Warlord DNA isn't going to give you the power armor, similarity the power of divine beings like Kigatilik, non human beings like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus, or aliens like Firewing, or even magical or technological villains like the Bronze King or Mechanon are not likely viable options.

You presume there are limits to the genius of Teleios, the living embodiment of perfection!?

The guy who blew up his own base and left all his failed experiments wandering around..​​

Other
    guyhumual said:

Well far be it for me to say "This can't be done", all I'm saying is that given what we've seen thus far and my understanding of science and genetics.

Um... we're talking Mad Super Science, not science. Turning into a robot or powered suit would be a bit out of theme for Teleios, but other than that, anything goes.

In terms of existing powers, it would be really easy to fit Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo into the Onslaught content.

Teleiosaurus has 8 powers, but one of them (Monstrous Regeneration) probably isn't wanted, and two of them (Deadly Bite/Hungering Maw) are fairly indistinguishable and should probably just alternate tics on the energy builder. Not sure what special unlock mechanic there should be, possibly something related to consumption. I don't know that any of her powers actually need to have damage adjusted. Powers in order:
    1. Energy Builder is Deadly Bite/Hungering Maw.
    2. Crushing Swipe: this is a fairly fast attack that strikes in a 180 arc behind her.
    3. Toxic Stomp (currently 50' PBAoE, crushing, knockback), may have NTTG. Possibly increase radius to 100.
    4. Mighty Roar (requires xx energy): 100' PBAoE hold. Can be blocked, but hold persists and will strike if you unblock.
    5. Spike Detonation (requires xx energy): currently this is a 100' PBAoE with a linked toxic DoT. I'd probably boost the radius to 150'.
    6. Radiation Breath (requires xx energy): currently this is a 100' cone with a 180 degree arc. I'd probably bump the range again.
    That leaves one power. Monstrous Regeneration is possible but would need something to keep it under control -- if you give her energy gain based on damage taken, it should cost more energy than would be gained by healing the damage it heals. It might be better to take the single-target radiation breath used by lesser raptors and making it available as one of her early powers, so she can pressure ranged.

I don't have as complete a list of Qwyjibo's powers, what I can come up with offhand are:
    1. Energy Builder is is punching setup.
    2. He likes to throw fireballs around, which currently hit apparently random targets. Probably make it targetable.
    3. He has a 'beats his breast and roars' power, which is likely a stun.
    4. He has a breath weapon that creates a lava pool. It's underwhelming but could be updated.
    5. He's got a stomp attack I'm not quite sure of the animation of.
    6. He's got a 'summon flaming meteors from the sky' power.
    Again, not sure of his unlock, seems like it should be volcanic in some way. Possibly give him a super version of some Earth abilities and have him eventually create a volcano.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Mechanon

guyhumual said:

Well far be it for me to say "This can't be done", all I'm saying is that given what we've seen thus far and my understanding of science and genetics.

Um... we're talking Mad Super Science, not science. Turning into a robot or powered suit would be a bit out of theme for Teleios, but other than that, anything goes.
    Yup. I liked the days when the only explanation anyone needed was "It's comics."
    biffsig.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    Other
    splosions said:

guyhumual said:

There is. I have extensive knowledge of how to annoy and make a clone of his otherwise helpless.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    Therakiel
    Therakiel would be awesome.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Kigatilik
    I'm voting for Kiga. Cuz it's probably the only chance I have to fight him. ;)​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Other
    gradii said:

chaelk said:

splosions wrote: »

The guy who blew up his own base and left all his failed experiments wandering around..​​
    FOOL! you cannot COMPREHEND the MASTER PLAN behind that!

I had to laugh at these comments. Seriously though, think of some way that we can be Foxbat.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other

Yeah, that's right, gaelyn! You sure showed them! Six votes on a poll posted at 2:30 AM PDT! You people suck for sleeping in!

Meanwhile, back on topic, I voted for Kiga just to hear him go on a anthropogenic climate change rant because it's stopped snowing in Michigan in the dead of winter.

12 hours later, Are you awaken now ? 23 votes. Is it supposed to be awesome? Lol.
    You guys really don't have any idea of what number of answers a successfull game can have in 30 mns, no matter the time it is. Really not. But i'm not surprised with all i can read on this forum..
    Yeah, go back on topic. It will be more serious. :)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Mechanon
    gaelyn1 said:

12 hours later, Are you awaken now ? 23 votes. Is it supposed to be awesome? Lol.
    You guys really don't have any idea of what number of answers a successfull game can have in 30 mns, no matter the time it is. Really not. But i'm not surprised with all i can read on this forum..
    Yeah, go back on topic. It will be more serious. :)

Is there a point to any of this, or is it just trolling? Everyone here is aware of the game's population.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Dr. Destroyer
    xrazamax said:

Gravitar, Grond, and Medusa are the initial 3 super villains available for Onslaught. The developers have already said they plan on releasing more villains in the future! So who would you like to play as?

OI I aint on that list -_-"

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    BloodTrail.png None

Because these aren't Supervillains.
    Just Become ones.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • taiyou24taiyou24 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Other
    Valerian Scarlet, Devana Hawke, Madame Mayhem, Medusa mmmm, Kevin Poe, Sweetguy Homeland
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    1. Valerian Scarlet
    2. Baron Cimetiere
    3. Black Fang
    4. Vladic Dracul
    5. Foxbat
    6. Mind Slayer
    7. Psimon
    8. Menton

and many many many more if it means we will get more "unique" powers in the onslaught store​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • maniacshowmastermaniacshowmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    Left Hand
  • newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
    taiyou24 said:

Valerian Scarlet, Devana Hawke, Madame Mayhem, Medusa mmmm, Kevin Poe, Sweetguy Homeland

avianos said:

1. Valerian Scarlet
    2. Baron Cimetiere
    3. Black Fang
    4. Vladic Dracul
    5. Foxbat
    6. Mind Slayer
    7. Psimon
    8. Menton

​​
    Um, how about none of these?

Because, like, we see them ALL THE FREAKING TIME in the Alerts already.

What about Brain Drain or the Supreme Serpent or Talisman or any or the bigger villains from this list: championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Villains
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other

Um, how about none of these?

Because, like, we see them ALL THE FREAKING TIME in the Alerts already.

Vladic Dracul and Menton never appear in Alerts

What about Brain Drain or the Supreme Serpent or Talisman or any or the bigger villains from this list: championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Villains

Vladic Dracul and Menton never appear in Alerts, they are exlusive in their respective Lairs​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    avianos said:

Vladic Dracul and Menton never appear in Alerts, they are exlusive in their respective Lairs​​

Sorry, the list started out with the same names we see all the time.

You're right, these two would be good entries for the new system. (As would any villain we rarely see or are 'Lair locked' like Kigatilak or Bronze King or etc.)
    Other
    You want to make sure whatever villain you bring in is interestingly distinct from existing foes. You also want to avoid foes whose shtick involves healing, which is a problem for Vladic Dracul.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Other
    1. Turando
    2. Chimera
    3. Vikorin
    4. Your Nemesis!
    5. Teleios Himself
    6. Viperia
    7. Everything else currently on the list of choices.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Kigatilik
    nepht wrote: »

OI I aint on that list -_-"
    There can be only one Nepth.

THANK GOD. ;)​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Those are the only options? None of them are appealing.
    Other
    other- pick one from the info on Herogames website.
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/files/
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/​​

• epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Other
    Mr. Gemini.

And I'm not sorry about it whatsoever. :P
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Other
    A villain I make my self, waiting patiently to see if it will happen.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    Therakiel
    epelesker said:

Mr. Gemini.

And I'm not sorry about it whatsoever. :P

Right after I voted for Therakiel I realized this is who I'd really want to play as, mostly because I'd love to finally be able to play as a Multiple Man type character. The mechanics would be fun as hell too.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    Shadow Destroyer
    I want to be the one that I made up, like nemesis.......
    Shadow Destroyer would be cool too.

My villains are better though :P
  • serialkillerwhalserialkillerwhal Posts: 18 Arc User
    Dr. Destroyer
    Dr. D since Mechanon isn't an option.
    Other

Dr. D since Mechanon isn't an option.

It was the second from the last option :P

• serialkillerwhalserialkillerwhal Posts: 18 Arc User
    Dr. Destroyer
    D'oh.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The Warlord
    Warlord, hands down; provided he had the same attacks from the alert.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    What villain would I like to play? Well the answer is obvious...

AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Other
    Menton, Mind Slayer, Psimon, Baron Cimitrie, Freon, Viperia.