test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHampions Online- the secret levels

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
spotted these two comments on a thread and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

1. for those saying typo, 4 is 2 keys from 6, on the keyboard and numberpad.

2. And the other person who confirmed it, is listed as elite, so he has played the game for at least 70hrs.
Still trying to work out if the second one is being sarcastic or joking when he agrees, that the other has done it all to get to 60.

Then there was the ," Love this game , so[color="#00ff00"] I've played it all the way through twice,two years apart[/color]."
wow
But there's no character development, which at a guess means gear grinds.
[color="#ff0000"]Only[/color] PvP,raids/dungeons/adventure packs, nemesis.

​​
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Most information about any game these days seems to be friend of a friend of a person they knew information. It would be nice if they actually were making a decent expansion to Champions that included a level cap increase. At least get to 50 like was originally planned.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    these are two who have supposedly played the game. the elite next to zapperman means he's played the game for 70hrs or more.​​

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    So he's a lvl60 superhero? Does he have a Tier 6 hoverbike?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    so I want to know where these extra levels are and how we access them.​​

You access them by not actually playing CO, but playing STO and assuming that all Cryptic games are alike. Then you make egotistical pronouncements about the game you didn't actually play by assuming you know all about what's going on in the game because you've read a couple of critical posts at places like Massively.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User

Most information about any game these days seems to be friend of a friend of a person they knew information. It would be nice if they actually were making a decent expansion to Champions that included a level cap increase. At least get to 50 like was originally planned.

I'd hate to think this is the case but I can see this happening. There is always the possibility that it was a simple mistake and their minds were elsewhere. I've made that mistake before in regards to particulars about CO. Then again, I play in blocks at a time separated by months or more.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    chaelk said:

these are two who have supposedly played the game. the elite next to zapperman means he's played the game for 70hrs or more.​​

Back in the day of Ultima Online, people "professionally" paid a subscription to stand around the West Britain Bank all day and look pretty, either on some epic looking mount or in some outfit. We called them, pretty much, Bank Sitters. It doesn't require activity at the computer, and can easily build up time.

In short, if he was being serious, he never actually played the game. He was probably one of those zone spammers proclaiming how Champions sucked and City of was better, or something like that.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    there were some like that in WOW, only stood around in their armour and mounts, we referred to them as raid fodder.​​

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    If anyone needs me I'll be bouncing my forehead off my desk for the next few hours.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    None of these two ever played CO and the last comment is likely from STO player.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    If anyone needs me I'll be bouncing my forehead off my desk for the next few hours.
    "that's no how ya pacify furniture."​​

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    chaelk said:

spinnytop wrote: »

"that's no how ya pacify furniture."​​

Someone tell him that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CplUqjQqTq0

ps - don't worry, there's nothing officially wrong with him, so you don't have to feel bad.
    spinnytop said:

ps - don't worry, there's nothing officially wrong with him, so you don't have to feel bad.

No, there is definitely something wrong with the guy. The fact he didn't think it would hurt after he banged his head hard enough on a wooden desk is proof of that.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • mosetarballmosetarball Posts: 1 New User
    Do any of you check the posting dates on these things? The original post in that image is about 14 months old. The other two posts are necro posts.

You're arguing about someone's memory of a game that they are reminiscing about and don't remember every single detail about. Also the person who took that picture is the person who posted the second necro reply. Look at their avatars. Which brings up the question is bjvdb also chaelk?
    Top level is hardly "every single detail", especially since it was something people were complaining bitterly about at the time. (STO had added lvl 60 shortly before that; many CO players were not happy that we were still capped at 40.)

And secondly, maybe read for tone sometimes. Why so serious?