test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blackguard Villain RP SG

warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
I am currently trying to build up my old Villain SG and would like help with forming things. I would like to make this a long term/possibly permanent villain group that comes around every so often, sometimes as allies against a bigger threat, or as a threat against a hero at times. Any advice and support for getting this off the ground and helping me have it functioning would be appreciated.

Blackguard's goal are to get rid of stagnant and corrupt systems in place and unite humanity under one banner. By uniting humanity under one banner it is better enabled to protect itself from outside threats. Heroes, governments, and villain organizations alike are "in the way" from the "noble" goal of helping Earth be unified. That is the tip of the iceberg. We do not kill civilians, and attempt to keep damage to building/homes to a minimum. Police, military, and metas are our targets that are fair game to attack or kill. I intend to give this villain SG longevity so that it will be an on again/off again threat to heroes, and other villains over time.

To help out with it's longevity, I made Code of Conduct In and Out of Character

Blackguard code of conduct.

OOC

1. You will be respectful to players and respect their characters. These are their creations and they are just as important and sentimental to them as your characters are to you.

2. Hero and villain players need to have a mutual understanding between them before they do and RP event together. (What is acceptable to do to one another if any permanent damage/death/lock up is to happen, etc)

3. OOC understanding the villain group is intended to be just that, a group. Your actions reflect upon everyone in the SG. A group does
Not need constant bickering and infighting in or out of character.

4. If you join then it will be joining a permanent team with a dedicated goal, not a temporary alliance that falls apart and essentially implodes due to constant villain betrayal. Please do not join if you are one of those "Using Blackguard to further your own nefarious schemes" it gets to be draining and it keeps progress from being made for RP if everyone is playing the Selfish Villain.

IC

1. No murdering civilians or noncombatants. Heroes, police, military, government officials, rival villains are acceptable. Targeting others in an attempt to antagonize any of the above is unacceptable.(murder, torture, experimentation, and hostage taking of friends or family members)

2. If captured, bear true allegiance and do not reveal any information that may jeopardize the Blackguard. We will come for you, so do not lose faith.

3. Those that have sworn allegiance to us will be protected at all cost. We do not dominate our subjects, we lead them with a gentle but firm hand.

4. All those who seek to join us should be respected and welcomed.

If anyone can help me with coming up with better rules IC and OOC it would help me significantly in forming the SG and keeping it running.

What I am looking for would be villains that have heroic qualities. Think of Magneto as an example, a person viewed as a villain by those he fights, but wishes to create a better world. The end justifies the means kind of character. If you have a character that is idealistic, whether villain or hero, I'd love to find out more about them and see if it's be a fun fit for the SG.

If you are interested in joining please know it is a Team mentality I am looking for of working towards a greater goal rather than a series of constant betrayals. I need people who respect the idea of having a unified SG that is seeking to accomplish the goals it set out for. I want to make this a permanent SG and would like people to be on board with being team players, not furthering their own individual schemes at the expense of everyone else who's committed to the RP idea.

Please leave me a comment on this website
Application's section.

You can also message me in game at Warblade@sean_raiko
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Character name: Odin Taragosh

Sex: male

Powers: has the ability to fire toxic bolts and sky strikes, has super speed, enhanced sight, immune1 to all natural forms of poison and is able to imbue metallic objects with a toxic aura and use's a chain that he swings over his head to hit multiple opponents at the same time while poisoning them at the same time

Personality: i would say that he is a bit laid back, ruthless in combat, but pleasant to talk to and generally a nice guy, he does have one pet peeve though that is joking about his veins even if its in a friendly way

Costume colors: mostly green with a bit of white and tan

@granitrite

now do you want me to provide a screen shot of him so you know what he looks like?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Will be logging into the game shortly and would love to RP and get to know the character better.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    returned your message, I should be on later this weekend as well. looking forward to the interview!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    now i may not be able to do the interview on Saturday do it the forcasted rain and i have a WI FI internet and rain and wifi do not mix well and i could crash as the interview is happening i'll let you know if i have a really poor connection that day
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That is not a problem, If we can get through the interview, then we do, if not, then we can always reschedule. I look forward to seeing your character and the RP, so no worries.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ooh, you guys sounds like Cereberus only not incompetent, and using American mafia rules of conduct regarding civilians and you've even got the rule of omerta in there.

I'm gonna fiddle a bit with the character creator to see if I can make a villain I would want to play, then see about joining you, but I wanted to say you sound cool.

(I would join with one of my current characters, but literally the only one that is villainious is the Eternal Sovereign, who's rocking the 'I don't need anybody as I have a semi-instant army of the undead' schtick too hard to team up beyond the odd 'inevitable betrayal' villain team up)
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Vorshoth, I look forward to seeing your creation and RPing with you in the near future.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    just finished the RP interview and i have to say it was pretty good, he asked important questions and was not aggressive and it felt like he took time in his words, all pretty good
  • Options
    witchgunwitchgun Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a character who may fit this idea. I do fear they may get judged a bit harshly as it quite a popular type in CO so whilst a bit worried she will get judged a bit harshly but meh if you never try you never know so i'm going for it lol

Name: Currently Countess Karagan (but is in the process of being changed)
    Sex: female
    Powers: Dark and Life magics and swordplay.
    Personality: Cold and Calculating with some shows of passion. She will not go into senseless rages and such and believes in a honor code.
    Costume Colors: Varies quite a bit but usually darker hues.
    @handle: Witchgun
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @Witchgun, @taekinuru

I sent you both friend requests and I messaged you on the game, looking forward to finding out more about your characters and ideas.
  • Options
    witchgunwitchgun Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Friendly welcome, nice and friendly. No judgement on characters felt welcome to speak and not pressured at all :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you very much. I hope all the talks have been polite and respectful. I look forward to doing the RP interview/recruitment of your character in the near future.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    We're currently sitting at 17 members, but I would like to expand to having significantly more so we always have just a few people online at a time and RP will be more open. If you or anyone you know is interested in playing a character in a villain SG without backstabbing, then please leave a comment. I'd love to find out more about your characters.
  • Options
    blaargagblaargag Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello, I've just been looking for an RP group to join, and this one seems just PERFECT for the character I've just made recently after a long time of inactivity. (more than 1100 days, I believe)

Name: The Enlightened Despot ((It's what he chooses to go by, past that feel free to ask him about it in-character.))

Age: Sometimes he feels like he's 900 years old, sometimes he feels like a human in his 40s, getting up there in age. What a thought.

Sex: extra-dimensional, but definitely male.

Powers: Super-human strength and toughness, further enhanced by magic of the transmutative/enhancing kind for increased striking power, accelerated healing, and protection. ((Behemoth archetype, fluffed as extensive self-buffing))

Personality: Eloquent, thoughtful and philosophical, yet absolutely assured of his superiority to all non-super humans. Operates on his own "philosopher king" ((Think Plato's ideal aristocracy)) code of conduct that should line up with the guild's guidelines nicely, yet can be somewhat prone to rage when things don't go his way.

Costume Colors: Black/dark grey and gold, some red, but not much.

contact me @AgentKalim - It's one of those combined accounts so I do believe I have a different name here on the forums and in-game.

EDIT: OK, sent you an in-character in-game letter. Hopefully I didn't mess up and you got it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The key thing I am looking for most of all is a Villain who can be redeemable in some ways with acts of heroism from time to time. For example, working alongside heroes to stop a greater threat, or even risking their life to protect one of their citizens. The main thing is even though your character feels superior to non-super beings, would he still fight a hero or villain to protect one of his own, citizen or SG team member?

Also I like your bio by the way and the idea behind them.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh yes, absolutely. I've already logged out for today, I'll be back later, but I can tell you that he CAN be a team player. He doesn't necessarily insist on being the ONLY ruler - just as long as those in the positions of power are "enlightened". (his favourite word, pretty much). Don't worry, I've already read your IC code of conduct you posted, and it aligns with my intentions for the character - no backstabbing, no petty backstage politicking, only working together towards the goal of ruling the world - for its own good, mind you. And yes, this includes protecting the people (the normals need protection and guidance, not terror and tyranny) and defending the Earth - and his fellow enlightened despots (as opposed to capitalized, which is his name) against a common threat. All mortal democratic leaders are demagogues leading the crowd by its nose, blah blah, etc. We can talk about it IC when we meet up.

EDIT: By the way, what timezone are you in? I feel it might be easier to coordinate at least the initial meeting if we're closer to each other time-wise.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am central time zone. Thank you for reading my codes of conduct. it is my goal to create a long lasting villain group that heroes can ask us to arch them or work out RP with members. I have always wondered how good a villain SG would be if the members cared for each other and had a goal they thought was righteous. I look forward to seeing how everyone interacts and how the dynamic of our SG unfolds.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm in GMT+1 and I have to go now, otherwise I might log back on so that we may chat.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I should be online tonight and most of tomorrow. So either tonight or tomorrow morning we can work it out. I did get your In Game Message and added you as a friend.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to Blackguard, I really do look forward to RPing with you more.
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Character name: Sand Tiger

Sex: Male

Powers: Psammokinesis, electroreception, and aquatic adaptation.

Personality: Sand Tiger is calm and friendly most of the time. But also paranoid, he keeps his civilian and Sand Tiger personas separate from each other as much as possible so much so that he keeps the fact he even has a civilian side a secret. While he is not an angry or one to fly off the handle, he is viciously unrelenting once he has a reason to be. His favorite way of solving problems is hitting it until it is fixed, this ranges from everything from crime fighting, to stopping heroes trying to stop him from fighting crime, to his old TV that never seems to get reception. He also has a passion for his comic and seashell collection.

Costume colors: His outfit used to be bright white, but constant digging and other sand related powers stained his outfit a dull beige.

@Riltmos
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the SG riltmos!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am currently looking for someone who might be able to assist me with getting my website up and running, making it look professional and user friendly to those interested in my SG. If anyone can help shoot me an email at sean_raiko@yahoo.com
  • Options
    blazetds2blazetds2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Character name: blaze

Sex: male

Powers: fire control, stealth, and accelerated healing

Personality: because of my training I'm not very talkative some see me as too dark but I can be vary caring to friends/allies, I'm usually brutal in fights but because of my code of honor I do prefer to challenge up front then hide in the shadows but I will do it if there is no choice or if a chance of opportunity is open, I do not kill unless I have to.

Costume colors: red and black

@blazerix
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Would I be able to get a little bit more information about your character? I know you answered the questions, but if you could describe his personality a bit more in depth, it would be appreciated
  • Options
    noma420noma420 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I read what you guys are about and I'm really liking the whole theme and code you guys have, hope i can join

Character Name: Jinx
    Powers: Able to control magical energy sources and spellcraft (powers are linked to emotions)
    Most notable traits: Has a fierce sense of loyalty to those close to her, Fast leaner, and is protective of those deemed innocent
    Costume Colors: Usually dark colors like black and purple
    @Noma420
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the team Noma, I look forward to RPing more with your character in the future!

Blaze, I have not forgot about you. I would like to set up an RP interview with your character sometime in the future to see what they are like and see if the SG is the right fit for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Good news everyone, we have our website up and running, so please feel free to submit an application for us to review and we will happily get back to you!

http://theblackguard.shivtr.com

We look forward to working with you and seeing how much we can make this Villain SG grow!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I never expected us to get a thousand views and reads!

Thank you so much everyone for checking out our thread and for looking up our website if you did.

We are open for recruitment and are looking to expand out membership to over 100 members eventually, possibly more. Our goal is to provide a solid/permanent threat that heroes and villains can arch against. If you'd be interested in following a few guidelines and working for villainy with a cause, please submit an application here http://theblackguard.shivtr.com/forums/1429382

I have seen a great deal of amazing RPers in Champions online during my 5 years of playing. Sure we may have some people come and go, sure there may be times where people feel the community is shrinking, but I say "What better time than now?" My goal is to help reinvigorate the RP community, to help expand the player base by having people want to get their friends in on the storylines. I would love to help create a fun, imaginative breath of fresh air for RP.

We have all had an arc at some point where we had to ask a friend to make an alt, RP our villain, have our SGs try to play along. Sometimes it leave us with the feeling "Did the bad guy in my arc feel like a genuine threat, someone we should fear and respect, or did they feel like a flavor of the month, a plot device to be swept under the rug only to be brought back out when we need them?"

Even if you may not have a villain to RP within our SG we would like to work with you or your entire Super Group. I want to provide a villain team that is made of people's main characters, those villains you have to truly campaign to put away. Those villains that can make an arc last a day or even years. I want to have my Villain members develop their character through battling your superheroes and vice versa!

If we all work together, we can help make something memorable, something that we can maybe one day include in our bios of an intense hatred/rivalry with one another. Of the times where our characters came close to taking one another's lives, or even put their differences aside to save the world from a greater threat.

So what do you say? Will you aid me in this grand endeavor?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for the kind words Blue.

Our recruitment is still open and will remain open. I look forward to seeing what sort of creations you all may submit.

If you are interested in helping me build this up to being a force within CO's RP community to be reckoned with, then please follow the link in my signature.

We have 24 members and will be growing. We need many roles filled and the tights look is always quite welcome.

If you have a

Mad Scientist
    Warrior
    Alien
    Mutant
    Monster
    Strong Guy
    Speedster
    Mystic
    Robot
    Roin'esh Turncoat

If you can pull off these characters and maintain a tights type of look while doing it, kudos to you my friends.

Now these roles I posted are not what exactly we are looking for, just putting out some possible characters that would definitely catch our eyes for recruitment.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    A big thank you to those who joined our OOC forum discussion this past saturday with members of the RP community. Thank you for supporting the overall idea I pitched in regards to having a villain SG be recognized and established as a genuine threat to multiple hero SGs and the world.

I do need help with growing the SG and recruiting more members though to make this a fun and entertaining RP for all parties involved.

With Blackguard confronting multiple hero SGs we need numbers ourselves. So please if you have an idealistic hero or villain that wants to create a unified world and is willing to get their hands a little bit dirty to do so please don't hesitate to submit an application on our site.

The Reason we need numbers is so that we can provide variety, as well as even out fights with heroes when they wish to face off with us.

This is a huge endeavor that I am undertaking and I am excited to SG leadership involved while building up storylines that strengthen the community by having various SGs work together. If you are interested in working with me on this idea, even if not a villain, please don't hesitate to message me on my site so we can work with your SG.

Submitting an Application
    http://theblackguard.shivtr.com/forums/1437466

Coordinating Events with us
    http://theblackguard.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2082491
  • Options
    luciphalaluciphala Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This looks pretty amazing and very well thought out. I do have a character that I think might fit into the group and I hope you feel that way as well :)

Character Name: Black John MacTaggert

Sex: Male

Powers: Tattoo Manipulation / Inscription Magic

Personality: A calm, thoughtful individual who maintains a high level of patience. He tends to keep this mannerism regardless of whether he is reading a book or maiming an enemy (or two). Though this may only be due to his sarcasm which has only grown stronger as he's gotten older, he is an intriguing being to speak to; one's curiosity might be peaked by the priestly garments he often wears when out of disguise.

Costume Colors: Black / Carmine, with trims of Gold.

@delocke

I can also provide a screenshot if you'd like. Hope to hear back from you!

*EDIT*

I just posted an application onto your website which gives the full information requested. Once again, great organization and planning with this sg, and I hope to hear back!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This does not apply to the person who just posted above me.

Currently Blackguard has a large amount of Magic/Mystic themed characters and Telepaths/Psychics. Not to say your application will be denied based on this, but please keep in mind that we are looking to have a balanced team and would appreciate having warriors, sentient robots, and even the big strong monsters. If you have an idea that would fill another role, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to working with each of you.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We are looking for to give us a very well balanced team:

Warriors

Bricks, Flying or otherwise.

Energy projectors

Martial Artists

Mad Scientists

Monsters (Hulk, Abomination, General Eiling, Thing)

If anyone has been watching and wondering whether or not they should join, have a loot at our site (Link in the Signature Block)

Also If you have a clone of an already established character they will not be accepted into the SG under any circumstances.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Howdy everyone, I wanted to put out that this Thursday we'll be doing a bit of an open forum for questions and answers for the SG. It will happen at 4PM Server Time and will be in the Canada Powerhouse Theater. So if you have some level of interest in asking about it, please come by and find me there, it'll be a nice opportunity to get to know everyone as well as put out who were are and what we are looking for as well as answer any specific questions you may have about us.

So to clarify

This will be an OOC meet and greet for you to ask any questions you may have about us.

It will be at the Powerhouse Theater in Canada at 4PM Server Time this Thursday (Tomorrow)

This is just to answer questions, not to look at your character and tell you if you can join, we have an application process for that.

I look forward to talking with anyone interested in coming or just hanging out in the Theater by myself as I randomly change the background to the snow image.

Again, thank you all so much for all the support the community has given us and I am excited to work with each and every one of you. You are all quite awesome!.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    On behalf of everyone involved with Blackguard we want to thank the community for their support and for the applications we have received. you have all be amazing and have helped us get off the ground. Thank you for taking the time to check out the site and for submitting in applications.

We are still recruiting and we've appreciated those who support us and work with us on this giant endeavor. We hope to grow and continue to work with Heroes and Hero SGs in putting together one on one events and eventually do full scale events across multiple zones with multiple SGs.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to give a friendly hello and inform you that we are still recruiting and we look forward to working with ya'll. We hope to build up something amazing in time.

We are still recruiting currently, so feel free to follow the link in my signature.

We are also looking to make alliances with SGs to help out for any RP events and just arching in general.
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I have been getting asked quite a lot of questions recently of the general nature of Blackguard and the theme. I felt that my officer put it best with this post.

[Original post by Propaganda]

Blackguard is not supernatural themed and is more comparable to a Rogue Nation like Militaires Sans Frontiers from the Metal Gear Solid series. Based on an Artificial Island housing the nation of Geirheim, It is made up of former heroes and villains who oppose governments, superheroes/villains, et cetera in the name of the Earth itself. They are anti-alien (government) and think Earth needs to stand on its own and be united under one banner.

It welcomes anyone who shares those views be you a more military type character, supernatural, standard superhero, alien who considers Earth their home, et cetera. The main requirement is that the character be dedicated to a unified Earth and is capable of working on a team.

In that regard we are not inherently a 'villain organization' and we do work with heroes on occasion against threats like VIPER or DEMON just as we will oppose he hero community if they intervene on something Blackguard thinks is necessary.

We are not 'dark' in theme in the regards that we do not feature events that involve heavy doses of death, internal conflict of both person and group, drama, et cetera. We do feature events that do have some of these things, but they are not the main point of our RP events nor are they used in excess.

In summary:

- We are not inherently a villain Supergroup; we do not twirl our mustaches and tie women to railroad tracks. We are antagonists who may work with heroes and heroic organizations on occasion, but ultimately the overarching views between the two sides will never mesh and thus will conflict.

- We favor events that are serious without extensive use of elements considered 'dark', including but not limited to murder, excessive interpersonal and interpersonnel drama, and copious amounts and detailed descriptions of blood, gore, violence, death et cetera. We also have 'team-building' events that range from training exercises to simple social events and meetings where character bring up things of importance and discuss future plans both OOCly and ICly.