What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, 8/13/2015

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.4:
New C-Store Level 30 Power-Up Pack added to the PTS Store
- This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of account-bound Heirloom gear.

Event Revisions
- Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert).
o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.
- Removed Hourly Events & replaced them with special week-long events.
- Bonus Resources Week starts today!

Bug Fixes
- Minimines: Now deals half of its damage as fire and half of its damage as crushing.
- Martial Arts: Fury of the Dragon: The periodic energy cost of this power has been reduced by 75%. You are Immune to controlling effects while channeling this.
- Telepathic Reverberation:
o This Enhancement should now correctly activate when you use a telepathic offense against a Confused target.
o Should now apply to Mental Leech, Mental Storm, and Shadow of Doubt.
o Now has an activation range of 100 ft. (increased from 50 ft.).

Check the LIVE Bug Reports threads for known issues.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by developers:
- Power Bugs
- Alerts Issues
- Costume Bugs
- Other Issues & QOL Concerns
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    This sounds terrible.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    $20 for the level up token? Add that to the long list of C-Store items that are overpriced.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    normal-2.gif
    normal-7.gif
    normal-14.gif
    normal-32.gif
    normal-34.gif
    normal-21.gif

my body is 10 characters too short.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    You can't be serious.

Folks, there are plenty of alternative purchases that will make the most of your zen. Ask players who know more than Cryptic about what you can get for $20 of your money. You can use the zen to buy the character slot and the rest to exchange for questionite to get vigilante pieces, and that's one of the more logical examples.
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ah so that's what Vigilance looks like. In 6 more weeks I'll have 30K ref Q! :smile:

The Red Banner alert should be Hi-Pan: Fury of the Dragon! - It's not on the list and starts tomorrow.

Clipboard01.jpg

Unless there is really a Red Banner alert? :neutral:
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    bazodee wrote: »
    Ah so that's what Vigilance looks like. In 6 more weeks I'll have 30K ref Q! :smile:

The Red Banner alert should be Hi-Pan: Fury of the Dragon! - It's not on the list and starts tomorrow.

Clipboard01.jpg

Unless there is really a Red Banner alert? :neutral:

I'm pretty sure the Red banner alert is the Hi-Pan alert.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    Bug fixes are greatly appreciated, please keep up the good work!
  • Options
    fakeleadmanfakeleadman Posts: 6 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    $20 for the level up token? Add that to the long list of C-Store items that are overpriced.
    No kidding. What happened to the days of buying a game for $60 and playing to your heart's content? Now we pour hundreds into it over time and it has more bugs than a crackhouse in Southie!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    So, a week-long vehicle mods time is basically a week-long "don't play the game" period?

I like it. I think that it's a very innovative concept. RtcjLDn.gif
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    I was waiting for a specific bonus xp hour since last morning and the hour it was going to be up is the hour that the week long events start. I already dread having to wait a week for it to change. And I anticipate vehicle mod hour dropping during a new content patch, effectively killing it.
  • Options
    Re-sharing this here from the PTS feedback thread:
    A few important points of clarification about the week-long events:

- There will not be a week-long event every week. The schedule will look more like what other Cryptic games do (1 or 2 a month).
    - While some of the events are great as is, others (vehicle mods, crafting, etc.) will be improved to make them more worthy of being full week-long events.
    - The crafting event does increase crafting, but we're going to increase the crafting bonus and make it more visible.
    - The Bonus Acclaim event will be retired for now.

Please continue to give us feedback on these events, we want to make sure all of them feel appropriately awesome to encourage players to login and play. We like hearing new ideas for new week-long events too!
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    What is the point of giving a power-up pack if your character and power trees dont level up to level 30 right away as well? What horrible trend have the devs started?!?! We will soon see level 6 characters trying to take out the Mega Destroid and going into higher level areas in MC because their *stats* say they have a good chance at doing so. A level 6 character going into a level 25 area is like pouring a glass of water onto a 5 alarm fire; it just won't work.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.4:

Event Revisions
    - Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert).
    It would be better to have those alerts available all the time and allow the players to choose which one(s) they like best. This would give better insight as to which alerts to phase out and what types of alerts to create next.

o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.
    You would have to wait almost 2 months to attain 30,000 refined questionite!(one custom alert once a week=7 weeks!) It is easier to purchase keys and get questionite crate drops; they give 25,000 questionite at least.

-Removed Hourly Events & replaced them with special week-long events.
    I guess the game will have a very low population during vehicle mod week...

[/url]

• Options
    edited August 2015
    kyastral wrote: »
    ladygadfly wrote: »

-Removed Hourly Events & replaced them with special week-long events.
    I guess the game will have a very low population during vehicle mod week...

Please see my comment above.
  • Options
    yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    Question about the Power-Up Pack...Why is it only available til the end of August? Is this a trial period, or will this be the only time to get it?
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Please fix the timer on round 8 of forum malvanum, so that it doesn't start while the cutscene is running, it makes that round almost impossible to complete without mega extreme dps.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    There is very little about vehicle mod hour that will encourage me to log in and play as long as it floods my bags with useless rank 1-4 mods, vehicle or normal.
  • Options
    rebecca98rebecca98 Posts: 16 Arc User
    when are servers gonna be up no servers able to use yet
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    No kidding. What happened to the days of buying a game for $60 and playing to your heart's content? Now we pour hundreds into it over time and it has more bugs than a crackhouse in Southie!

Guess what, dude. You can DL the Game For Free and play all the Content For Free.
    Days you're talking about, never were here.
    I don't know if heart's content is yet available.

Or are you maybe in a wrong game's forum?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Please fix the timer on round 8 of forum malvanum, so that it doesn't start while the cutscene is running, it makes that round almost impossible to complete without mega extreme dps.

I agree that Round 8 is very tough, but the mission/Alert is complete if you pass round 7.

Also, when this alert came out, the timer was EVEN SHORTER. Devs increased the overall time because the timer begins during the cutscene. In other words, it is the intended amount of time.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    'Working as intended'.
    normal-44.gif
    normal-30.gif
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    When Forum Malvanum came out, Plasma Beam vehicles were gods on the battlefield. Failing that, Throwing Blades was a mini-god of powers. But that stuff was nerfed / broken. (still waiting for the throwing blades fix so it's actually fun to use again)

Few people did high end dps then and they still don't now.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    nevliettenevliette Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This update says I need 14 packs, it downloads the first pack and has been processing pack 1 since last night wtf is going on here? Please someone help Id like to play but it wont seem to finish. I closed the launcher and restarted the computer and opened again. It redownloaded the first pack adn once again processing pack 1 never seems to finish
  • Options
    Force verify.
  • Options
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Guess what, dude. You can DL the Game For Free and play all the Content For Free.

Hmm... I think what flyingfinn means is that you used to purchase a game for 60 dollars and had full access to whatever the game offered if you were willing to play enough to unlock them. Sure, you can play this game for free, but it is limited; free players do not have access to many of the costume pieces, account perks, player test server/forums, power sets and freeform without an extra purchase. And, if you decide to make that extra puchase, you want the game to work with as little issues as possible.

In the end, the choice is up to the player; you can pay for full character customization and perks or you can play for free and pay to enhance your experience if and when you choose to. Cryptic makes money either way.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    kyastral wrote: »
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Hmm... I think what flyingfinn means is that you used to purchase a game for 60 dollars and had full access to whatever the game offered if you were willing to play enough to unlock them. Sure, you can play this game for free, but it is limited; free players do not have access to many of the costume pieces, account perks, player test server/forums, power sets and freeform without an extra purchase. And, if you decide to make that extra puchase, you want the game to work with as little issues as possible.

In the end, the choice is up to the player; you can pay for full character customization and perks or you can play for free and pay to enhance your experience if and when you choose to. Cryptic makes money either way.

No, that is not what i meant...I believe you meant the other guy.
    This game never was B2P (Buy to Play). It was with subscription. F2P came later.
    You can play the whole CO for free, from lvl 1 to 40. Rest is fluff. And you can buy most of the fluff with ingame currency without paying a dime. That conversation been done gazillion times allready.
    Been here since 2009, so i don't need explanation how this game works.
    So let's not talk about what or how other games do it. Since you can still buy a game with $60 and play everything in it for free.
    The subject really doesn't belong in this thread.

And 'Free For All, Not All For Free'.​​
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    Question: Does anyone know why Gravity Driver's Icon on LIVE has reverted to what it used to be on PTS?