test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOCKBOX CALLOUTS: How will you react?

13»

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Whatever. I will open the same amount of lockboxes I usually do.
    If you have a spare Ravenswood costume set I'll trade you my pink hovercar! :)
    It's not great, I don't think it was awesome when I opened a hundred boxes and didn't even get a vehicle. I have monumentally bad luck with like, all things. Except the Clockwork lockbox, that one was good to me. But with all other things, I never get my money's worth, ever. But if it keeps the game going? I'm all for crappy tactics to keep the game afloat instead of having no game at all.

​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    WHAT?!? I will never open another lockbox again.
    Seeing big yellow text every few mins going "THIS IDIOT HAS GOTTEN THIS POINTLESS THING!" is starting to get annoying.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Nah I'd have gotten that pink car off the auction house already if I wanted it. For what it's worth, I only opened one of the new boxes for the stamp.
    biffsig.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm not a fan. I will open one lockbox for the Bonus Stamp, then stop.
    The Hovercraft is ~F~L~A~M~I~N~G~ you guyz~ onion-2.gif
    ...URG....
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Esc>Chat settings>Tabs>Uncheck "System".

Problem solved!
    But wouldn't that also hide messages like Mail, Mission texts and event (like takofanes)
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Edit: I take that back. You still get the messages across the screen.
    AH!... there is no escape after all

​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    At this point, I can't help but wonder- would it be wise for Cryptic to... make a 'Champions 2'?

How would you even begin to pitch that? "Check out our lowest-earning game, let's make another one!" :p

That dog won't hunt.​​

Maybe point out the unstoppable juggernaut that is the MCU, mention how our hybrid f2p model is crap compared to how they can milk neverwinter for each item, mention how freeform is notoriously hard to balance for, and point out that the launch/steam launch were both murdered out of the gate by massive show-stopping bugs that either ruined entire zones or literally crippled the chat server for over a week? "We own this license, yet every attempt to push the game has been messed up in some way, and Atari forced us to launch early. Since we don't pay royalties on the license anyway, why don't we take the opportunity to build THE superhero mmo."

Can't deny that if they did it right, it'd pretty much flatten the competition. As it is I'm pretty sure a lot of the people who play here do so in spite of the jacked up game balance and bugs that still exist from kitchen sink *1*.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be the first in line to try out a new Champions, but I'm just being realistic here. You could be right, I dunno nothin 'bout birthin no babies.
    biffsig.jpg
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    At this point, I can't help but wonder- would it be wise for Cryptic to... make a 'Champions 2'?

How would you even begin to pitch that? "Check out our lowest-earning game, let's make another one!" :p

That dog won't hunt.​​

If it was anything like the movie industry, it might work. (At least it does for some of the terrible low budget movies on Syfy)

Though hopefully PW isn't anything like Uwe Bolls or Jason Friedberg.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It might one of Cryptic's lowest earners but its one of Perfect World's biggest hits. But that aint saying much >:D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be the first in line to try out a new Champions, but I'm just being realistic here. You could be right, I dunno nothin 'bout birthin no babies.

At this point I'm certain that the PWE overlords don't care what the theme is. These days, pitching an MMORPG as 'a superhero MMO' or 'A sci-fi MMO' is going to be answered with a 'so what?' Theme appeals to a lot of people, but it's certainly not something that's going to EXCLUDE a ton of people. You can't sit and convince me that the fantasy genre is that popular, and that the genre was a major contribution to to the popularity of Guild Wars 1 & 2 and WoW.

It would take a LOT of things, some of which we already have- others that would enhance that.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    when they upped the chance of gravity driver dropping, they obviously didn't take note of Kaizerins second set of numbers.
    The car dropped to 4 in 1000. yes 0.4%. not many notices at that rate.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User

Might just be me hoping they use this license well, honestly. CO's kinda poisoned to the mainstream. At this point if they redid it they could not do worse, in the eyes of the general gaming public. As much as I love freeform? I definitely enjoy the setting quite a bit more, and I'm sure they could do better if they tried again.

I hate to say it, but freeform freaking murdered this game. It's too easy to break it entirely, or build a totally crap character. If you aim for the middle, you're pretty much trivializing it all for the people who actually do theorycraft. Even that other big mmo didn't have this bad of a power imbalance.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    If you aim for the middle, you're pretty much trivializing it all for the people who actually do theorycraft.
    Yay! I'm trivializing!

(It's not that I "aim for the middle", it's that I tend to hit the middle because the "theory" I craft to is that I'm creating a character, not (as the 3rd Ed rulebook put it) "a pile of points that says you can pick up a car, bite off the tires, and throw the rest a country mile." So I don't analyze the exact power output, the damage and healing rate and whatnot, I just figure out which powers make sense for a given character to have. Golden Eagle may not ever be the most powerful guy in Mill City - but he's fun as hell to play.)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    ..ooor it annoys people into quitting and thus not buying Keys. Will the gains outweigh the losses?

Call me the cynic I am, but I'm doubtful this annoyance will be a positive.

Well, as we saw with that latest Lockbox, it is clear that whoever is in charge of marketing does not value veteran players in the slightest, so as for "people might leave", I don't think they're concerned.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    It is barely noticeable in my opinion.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    It is barely noticeable in my opinion.

Yeah. They just show up in the chat box like a normal message, not nearly as in your face as in Neverwinter.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Maybe we should Vote if that is a Good or Bad thing?normal-17.gif​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User
    I have no issues with the message at all, Just as long as something don't block my view while in combat. I seen a lot of log on and log off messages due to friends switching heroes a lot.
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    There have been so few notifications about this because of the low player population and the ridiculously low chance of winning the vehicle.

#sadlarious

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    They're so damn rare that I actually forgot they were a thing that was happening.
    10dsf81.png
    I have seen a grand total of 3 announcements. which with a 0.4% drop rate is not really surprising. Mind you, other people have obviously got them,when I'm not on because they are being sold, with and without weapons.

• gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I don't like them. It's useless fluff which don't need a lot of work and it's really not what's the game need.

But yeah, more lockboxes. It's the better content Cryptic can make. Moarrrrrrrr lock boxes plzzzzz.
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    I don't like them. It's useless fluff which don't need a lot of work and it's really not what's the game need.

But yeah, more lockboxes. It's the better content Cryptic can make. Moarrrrrrrr lock boxes plzzzzz.

*shoves him in a box* new lockbox- main prize- new character- already written up.