What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.16/.17/.18 - Inflatable Giraffe Subscriber Reward

13»

Comments

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    cyrone wrote: »
    xrazamax wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out if the charge that is on shotgun blast was an unintended result of one of these updates. Nice try though :)

It has had a charge with the advantage for as long as I can remember. Tap 100% knock on primary target. Charge 100% knock on all targets.

Simply taking the advantage will not cause it to charge. You must also take rank 2. This leads me to believe this is unintentional, otherwise why not just have the charge ability if you only take the advantage?

Further more, the knock will occur on all targets regardless of whether or not you charge the power - I don't want to say 100% because although I have not had other targets NOT get knocked during tap, it is hard to prove a negative. Maybe there are enemies I haven't tried it on yet which do not get knocked on tap, but will on full charge. Anyways, since this is not related to the PTS, I'll not post about this here anymore.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    soulforger wrote: »

This game has never been about being "grim". And the game doesn't need "grim" to be good. There are plenty of grim games out there, go play them for your grim kick, do not try to turn a non-grim game into a grim game.

I am not asking for this game to be 'grim'. I am asking for the writing to be taken a bit more seriously. If you think 'grim' and 'silly' are the only two things something can be, you need to stop watching Anime trash.

You'll have to pardon me if I'd like to get my superhero kick in something that doesn't seem like a parody full of armpit noises.

Five minutes of reading through the very material this game is based on would tell you it's not about 'grim', nor is it about 'slapstick'. However, CO thoroughly does away with this decent foundation in favor of stupid jokes that no one over 11 thinks is funny.

• seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    While I, too, prefer my superhero games more serious than silly, I haven't really had much objection to the level of humor in the game in recent years; they listened to players and generally toned down the level of wackiness that was present when the game launched and shortly thereafter.

And I don't find this particularly objectionable. I'd probably object if it became a reoccurring pattern in the subscriber costume rewards, but a silly costume piece once in a while isn't a problem. I recognize that the devs are trying to appeal to a wide variety of players when they make these costume pieces, and some of them are just not going to appeal to me as a result; I'm sure some of the costume pieces that I like to use from the subscriber costume rewards are likewise not appealing to some other players.

I really only find silliness strongly objectionable when it's unavoidable and very, very common. Having it in a lot of missions, for example, would be far more objectionable. I can just not use this costume piece, and in the unlikely event that I find someone using it in an excessively obnoxious manner (they'd have to be using it to intentionally troll an RP event or the like, or have other really obnoxious behaviors, to meet that standard, honestly), I can just avoid that person.
    seeker1235 wrote: »
    [respectable stuff ]

In all honesty, I find your statement to be completely understandable and agree wholeheartedly. I, like you, can avoid using a costume pieces. However, I think fundamentally at the core of CO is a lack of care for the source material. To be 100% honest, I do not favor the Champions sourcebooks. I did enjoy some of it, but I preferred using D20 systems and D10 Abberant.

Again, the clear plastic looks great. I'd like to see some armor plating made of it, or something of the sort.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am not asking for this game to be 'grim'. I am asking for the writing to be taken a bit more seriously. If you think 'grim' and 'silly' are the only two things something can be, you need to stop watching Anime trash.

You'll have to pardon me if I'd like to get my superhero kick in something that doesn't seem like a parody full of armpit noises.

Five minutes of reading through the very material this game is based on would tell you it's not about 'grim', nor is it about 'slapstick'. However, CO thoroughly does away with this decent foundation in favor of stupid jokes that no one over 11 thinks is funny.
    Someone here knows nothing about Anime obviously with such a silly comment as "If you think 'grim' and 'silly' are the only two things something can be, you need to stop watching Anime trash." And seriously? Why bring Anime into the discussion when anime had nothing to do with it? That's like arguing about something else different just for the sake of coming up with an argument. No, that's not 'like', that was exactly that. And bringing anime into this is completely off topic, so leave it alone.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, this game is basically a parody of armpit noises. Not sure how you manage to ignore all the bad jokes and stuff.
    Someone here knows nothing about Anime obviously with such a silly comment as "If you think 'grim' and 'silly' are the only two things something can be, you need to stop watching Anime trash." And seriously? Why bring Anime into the discussion when anime had nothing to do with it? That's like arguing about something else different just for the sake of coming up with an argument. No, that's not 'like', that was exactly that. And bringing anime into this is completely off topic, so leave it alone.

If you're offended because I think something you like sucks, then perhaps that thing has too much a prominent role in your life and you should seek help from a professional. I won't 'leave it alone'. I don't like it, it has no feelings, it is not a person. However, you can rest easy knowing I won't derail the threat any more with talk of it. Your religion is safe.
    Also, in case you haven't noticed, this game is basically a parody of armpit noises. Not sure how you manage to ignore all the bad jokes and stuff.

I do my best to ignore the poor comedy of this game, which means I just follow the arrow and shoot/hit things. This game's writing is poor. It's an honest assessment. It no longer even strikes me as a game where they care for comic book superheroes. I'd like to see them deviate further away from silly, niche items for the item of the month. Scuba goggles would have been better, even with a snorkel- perhaps an up/down version.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    If you're offended because I think something you like sucks, then perhaps that thing has too much a prominent role in your life and you should seek help from a professional. I won't 'leave it alone'. I don't like it, it has no feelings, it is not a person. However, you can rest easy knowing I won't derail the threat any more with talk of it. Your religion is safe.

Dude, I never even mentioned Anime in any previous post, nor have I said I like it, you are the one with the issue, and again, this is off topic, we need to stay on topic.

• ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    Closing this thread. The new PTS build is available: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199071/fc-31-20150630-20-bug-fixes
This discussion has been closed.