test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acutal new content? Please?

So I've been a player for a long while now, and I'm wondering...is there any sort of new content being made right now? Cause it feels like everything is on a boring rotation at the moment. New costume pack, Lockbox, then Gold Reward. Nothing new has really come up, sure Steel Crusade was a nice start, but we want more big stuff. (Or at least I do) New zones, missions, stories. Stuff like that. Maybe some actual Endgame?! The Endgame is severely limited. The game just needs more BIG stuff. Not instances or dailies, but full zones and stories. That kind of stuff. Is there anything relatively BIG being worked on? Something?

Comments

• klavosklavos Posts: 19 Arc User
    I'm not trying to represent the whole community, but I'm fairly certain that most if not all of us probably want some more big content. Like expansion type of stuff that adds a big amount of stuff to the game.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think most of us are just tired of asking. I've been wanting a new (and completed) mission chain since Whiteout. After waiting so many years, I've just stopped caring.
    I think most of us are just tired of asking. I've been wanting a new (and completed) mission chain since Whiteout. After waiting so many years, I've just stopped caring.
    I can understand that, but things can always change. And the devs have been much more active than they used to. They've at least been doing more recently. More talking, more updates and such. And with the fact that it's not Cryptic North anymore, who barely released anything except like Fatal Err0r. I think people forget that the game switched Cryptic dev teams back to HQ and that the ones who were never responding was Cryptic North. Honestly, things are looking better than they used to at least. This team is talking, doing stuff and such way more than the other team did.
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    klavos wrote: »
    I'm not trying to represent the whole community, but I'm fairly certain that most if not all of us probably want some more big content. Like expansion type of stuff that adds a big amount of stuff to the game.

You shouldn't make that assumption.

Also, to quote my game design teachers "Players don't actually know what they want".

Also also, yay another chance to argue about what "real content" is. Or we can all just finally agree that everything in the game is content and we need to stop asking for "real content" and instead ask for the specific content that we want.

You shouldn't make that assumption.

Also, to quote my game design teachers "Players don't actually know what they want".

Also also, yay another chance to argue about what "real content" is. Or we can all just finally agree that everything in the game is content and we need to stop asking for "real content" and instead ask for the specific content that we want.

I was never trying to say what is "real content" and what is not. I was saying that personally I and, from what I've seen appears to be a good chunk of the community, I'm not assuming I'm just going off of what I've seen, want bigger amounts of content. More than just a small zone and some daily missions. Like a new big zone or something like that. New leveling zones, or maybe endgame lairs. Just more than a few daily missions.

I was never trying to say what is "real content" and what is not.

...you might want to check the thread title.

I was never trying to say what is "real content" and what is not.

...you might want to check the thread title.

We all have our opinions on what that would mean. I was simply referring to the fact that there wasn't much to Steel Crusade, even the boss fight was pretty weak. It was really just another set of Daily Missions. What I mean by "actual new content" is something that isn't a Daily, because those are just getting boring.
    Sure, but dailies are actual content.

I know what you mean, and I agree that the types of content that you're listing would also be nice to have... so long as there's actually something new about them and they're not just reskinned versions of what we already have.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

They are working on something for the game right now. What it is who knows.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    nepht wrote: »

They are working on something for the game right now. What it is who knows.

We know that it is open world team content centered around sporks.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    Maybe Bad Horse is going to try to stampede MC.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Have you looked at the other threads? They are doing something right now. It will be spork based.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    @klavos
    How much of the current endgame content have you already played?

Lairs
    UNITY and UNITY2 missions
    NemCon
    Adventure Packs and Comic series at level 40
    HIgh-level open world missions

You may have played all of them, but many newer players (past 2-3 years) do little beyond Millennium City missions up to level 20 and then Alerts and events.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    I know, I just hope that it's more than a simple event or some daily missions like Steel Crusade. Here's hoping that this Cryptic team will do more with the game unlike Cryptic North, right?
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    @klavos
    How much of the current endgame content have you already played?

Lairs
    UNITY and UNITY2 missions
    NemCon
    Adventure Packs and Comic series at level 40
    HIgh-level open world missions

You may have played all of them, but many newer players (past 2-3 years) do little beyond Millennium City missions up to level 20 and then Alerts and events.

I am going to have to ask for a citation on that.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I know, I just hope that it's more than a simple event or some daily missions like Steel Crusade. Here's hoping that this Cryptic team will do more with the game unlike Cryptic North, right?

Don't get your hopes up. A recent statement by a dev basically says "We can only do stuff if we can justify the production cost with some sort of potential income", and I don't really know how big zones, adventure packs, or extensive lairs fit into that.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerl's quote gets one in return:

Late comic writer Mark Gruenwald once said "A writer's job is not to give the reader what they want. It's their job to give the reader what they didn't even know they wanted."

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

Late comic writer Mark Gruenwald once said "A writer's job is not to give the reader what they want. It's their job to give the reader what they didn't even know they wanted."

Marketing's job is to make them think they wanted it to start with.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Ooo, nice addition. :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Oddly enough, it's apparently the same with chefs. As a chef you can't worry about what people want, you just have to make what you know is good food and serve it to them. Restaurant owners often make the mistake of having a huge menu to make sure that everything someone could want to order is on there... when the better way to go is to have a small menu of quality dishes. It'd be like making a comic book where you include tons of characters to make sure everyone is happy, or making a video game where you include a slew of different game types to make sure you're making a game for everyone.
  • windupduckwindupduck Posts: 52 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Have you looked at the other threads? They are doing something right now. It will be spork based.

Hehehehe! :D
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    windupduck wrote: »

Hehehehe! :D

I am assuming that is making you chuckle for the same reasons. Though I am applauding the devs for tackling bugs in their overtime, but I still reserve judgment of anything new. Our updates have been less than inspiring, to be blunt about it, and part of me keeps hoping that there is still life here left that the devs are working on, but because of how Cryptic operates, in that Champions is the first to be sacrificed when it concerns quality, standards, and well, updates, I remain skeptical.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I am assuming that is making you chuckle for the same reasons.​​

I was just laughing 'cause Splosions said the new content was gonna be "spork-like."
    splosions wrote: »
    If the content could be a kitchen utensil, what sort of kitchen utensil would it be?

.... are we answering one of these a day?

I'm going to go with "a spork."

Which, I guess may be the same reasons! :)
    but I still reserve judgment of anything new.

I think at this point, you don't have to try so hard; nobody is disagreeing with you except for the handful of patently obvious yes men.

I'm expecting the same thing we got the last time they said they were doing something new; which is something old, reskinned.
    I am assuming that is making you chuckle for the same reasons.

I was just laughing 'cause Splosions said the new content was gonna be "spork-like."
    If the content could be a kitchen utensil, what sort of kitchen utensil would it be?

actually they were asked, " If it was a kitchen implement, what would it be?"
    the answer was a spork.

may the spork be with you.​​

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    I am assuming that is making you chuckle for the same reasons.

actually they were asked, " If it was a kitchen implement, what would it be?"
    the answer was a spork.

may the spork be with you.

Good thing he didn't say 'sink'......
    normal-38.gif
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    But apparently not a giant spork, although the spork will require a team to defeat (or use? Are we feeding the Bleak Leviathan?).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    I imagine at this point, regardless of the theme of new event, they will need to add some spork reference.
    Splosions is getting a lesson in dealing with the people on the forums. AS he got hit with the usual jokes.​​

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    But apparently not a giant spork, although the spork will require a team to defeat (or use? Are we feeding the Bleak Leviathan?).

We may have to feed Caliga as a wee tot. We need a team because holy crap that kid is strong.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    Splosions is getting a lesson in dealing with the people on the forums. AS he got hit with the usual jokes.​​

I'm pretty sure he learned these lessons during his first tour on the CO forums.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Does this mean we're getting the Unbreakable Spork back? Or is the Spork of Horripilation finally making an appearance?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    You know... spork and spock are very similar words.... conspiracy theorists GO! o3o/
    Sprock is a curse word in the language Interlac from the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Coincidence?????
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    When splosions typed spork, he was actually going to type spock, but he typo'd. afterwards he was glad he didn't let the news slip, realizing the forums would have gone nuts, so he let us all think he meant spork all along.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    We are indeed working on new content right now. We'll be revealing a bit more as it develops.
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    "Please look forward to it."

I will, Arkayne, I will. :D
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
    So you could say they're actually working on actual content.

Content Actually, in theaters this summer.

Now if only he would make some comment as to how this content is new just to get the hype train going. Reskinned new? Or like, "we got creative with mechanics and level design" new? New new? or nu nu?
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    You will have to be content that the content's contents will contain contents that will make people content once its contents are revealed.
    "Some settling may occur during shipping."

:)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    You will have to be content that the content's contents will contain contents that will make people content once its contents are revealed.

also, providing some discontent for our malcontents, who wish all content would stop .​​