test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150630.16/.17/.18 - Inflatable Giraffe Subscriber Reward

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    soulforger wrote: »
    You do realize that Targeting Computer itself says that it boosts only RANGED technology attacks right?

Too bad they stuck a melee tech attack into the Automaton which uses Targeting Computer. Something about that seems wrong.

Yeah, that was stupid of them to do. They could change targeting computer to work with all tech attacks.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I would love to have the beard selection from STO. I'd even be willing to drop maybe 50 or 100 Zen on it.

I agree.

i seriously doubt they would sell such an addition considering code time for just $0.50 or $1.00.

I would gladly pay full costume price for a collection of beards and hairstyles.​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2015
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    voyagersix wrote: »
    I would love to have the beard selection from STO. I'd even be willing to drop maybe 50 or 100 Zen on it.

I agree.

i seriously doubt they would sell such an addition considering code time for just $0.50 or $1.00.

I would gladly pay full costume price for a collection of beards and hairstyles.

If there were a selection of styles (unisex hair of course!) with perhaps a couple of different patterning (to allow different levels of grey/tinting should you wish) then that would certainly be value in a mid price set
    ​​
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    We're trying to fix a couple old & orphaned bugs a week but how many we get to and how often it'll happen is in flux as it's largely folks putting in overtime hours to make those fixes happen. Long story short....
    If long-standing Powers bugs are finally getting some attention, would it help if we created a "Known Power Bugs" thread in the Gameplay Bugs subforum? I'm not sure how up-to-date the developers are of some of those bugs, and figured I'd ask before spending the time to compile everything.

The inflatable giraffe is weird. I like it.

We support this and would make a sticky of that thread.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    We're trying to fix a couple old & orphaned bugs a week but how many we get to and how often it'll happen is in flux as it's largely folks putting in overtime hours to make those fixes happen. Long story short....
    If long-standing Powers bugs are finally getting some attention, would it help if we created a "Known Power Bugs" thread in the Gameplay Bugs subforum? I'm not sure how up-to-date the developers are of some of those bugs, and figured I'd ask before spending the time to compile everything.

How about Extra-life? Is Cryptic going to pretend that it never happen?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Finally got into the PTS last night to check out the Giraffe.

Now if only there were a Snorkel to go with that and the Flippers... :smiley:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »

@ladygadfly I do have one of those. I can start it again, if you want, as I am unsure which of the issues in my list are even still issues anymore. But if you want to see it, you can go here.

Actually, I will be going ahead and recreating that. I know some of the issues have been resolved, but I wil go ahead and recreate my bugs thread.

[EDIT]

I went ahead and did it. I posted the new thread in the bugs forum. If you want it here, or someplace else, feel free to move it @ladygadfly. You can find the new thread here, and I will try to keep it up to date as legitimate bugs are posted, with proper time stamps and of course the fixes as they come in. A lot of those are just what I copied, I dunno how many are resolved and would actually appreciate someone reading to tell me if any of those issues are actually resolved.​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    A floaty-ring is my reward for a month? Yeah, and you wonder why people think CO's writing and theme is an armpit noise joke. Gonna just not get this.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I was also very disappointed @cybersoldier1981 , but then I realized what the big picture is: testing out the new plastic material for costume parts.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    I was also very disappointed @cybersoldier1981 , but then I realized what the big picture is: testing out the new plastic material for costume parts.

That is a positive note. Hopefully, costume parts we'll be buying and not gambling for.
    I think the giraffe is cute.​​
  • windupduckwindupduck Posts: 52 Arc User
    I think the giraffe is cute.​​

I haven't seen it yet in game (PTS) but the pictures make it look fun!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    So will the inflatable have jiggle physics?

If not, it'll never beat this glorious offering from PSO2:
    qF0tAgC.jpg
    I'm so confused!

ZedBlock-200.jpg
    Finally got into the PTS last night to check out the Giraffe.

Now if only there were a Snorkel to go with that and the Flippers... :smiley:

I thought Champs had flippers.

The little girl in this commercial is so cute. :D

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    he asked for a snorkel to go with that and the flippers. He didn't ask for flippers.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

chaelk wrote: »
    he asked for a snorkel to go with that and the flippers. He didn't ask for flippers.​​
    Pardon my brain fart.
    You-are-correct.jpg

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Only if you could make an invisible character, have only the giraffe showing and then picking powers with chest emanation point.....
    normal-2.gifnormal-15.gifnormal-26.gifnormal-25.gif
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    chest beam.
    I was thinking, how long till someone makes an obscene costume with it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    A floaty-ring is my reward for a month? Yeah, and you wonder why people think CO's writing and theme is an armpit noise joke. Gonna just not get this.
    Yes, because the Liberty Crown, the Pilgrim Hat, the various parts available from Christm- er, the Winter Festival, and the Clown costume parts are such srs biznss...

And of course other games that are very popular never engage in amusing costumes or pop-culture references (well, as long as you ignore about 57% of the content in WoW).

The monthly Gold reward isn't necessarily supposed to be spectacular, just amusing. And this amuses me. I'm contemplating using the floaty ring, the Flippers, and the Scuba gear to do a Lemurian-wannabe.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Yes, because the Liberty Crown, the Pilgrim Hat, the various parts available from Christm- er, the Winter Festival, and the Clown costume parts are such srs biznss...

And of course other games that are very popular never engage in amusing costumes or pop-culture references (well, as long as you ignore about 57% of the content in WoW).

The monthly Gold reward isn't necessarily supposed to be spectacular, just amusing. And this amuses me. I'm contemplating using the floaty ring, the Flippers, and the Scuba gear to do a Lemurian-wannabe.

I know at least one toon of mine that will be using the ring.
    edited August 2015
    I might consider the ring on an outfit... if we had a beach resort zone like STO does. But for now it's one of those objects I have little need for. Though, maybe, it will happen in the future.​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Um...Pilgrim hat is awesome. I immediately created a toon and lvled him to 40.
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    The Monthly Gold reward is usually a coin toss as to how I feel about it, but I figure if they were all super awesome then there would be some serious Silver rage, and I can accept that.​​
    10dsf81.png
    cynicool wrote: »
    The Monthly Gold reward is usually a coin toss as to how I feel about it, but I figure if they were all super awesome then there would be some serious Silver rage, and I can accept that.

I frankly don't care about Silver rage. If they want the reward, they know what to do.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    The Monthly Gold reward is usually a coin toss as to how I feel about it, but I figure if they were all super awesome then there would be some serious Silver rage, and I can accept that.

I frankly don't care about Silver rage. If they want the reward, they know what to do.

Exactly. It's supposed to make Silvers want to subscribe.​​

I'm glad you're seeing the trend toward bad comedy in this game. It's practically the cancer of CO.

I frankly don't care about Silver rage. If they want the reward, they know what to do.

Exactly. It's supposed to make Silvers want to subscribe.

Pretty much. I don't get why giving gold members, some who've dropped tons of money on this game in good faith from the very beginning, it is all the sudden verboten they receive an actual nice reward. I don't get this self entitlement ideal that the gold member reward has to be uber crap because it might upset those who refuse to pay and support the game.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Haters gonna...not float.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • trueswordmastertrueswordmaster Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Please keep feedback constructive.
    biffsig.jpg
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User

I'm glad you're seeing the trend toward bad comedy in this game. It's practically the cancer of CO.
    Wait, comedy causes cancer? Is that why Dane Cook is still alive and Bill Hicks is dead?

Anyways, maybe it's just me. but I saw this piece and was relieved that it was something funny and silly for a change. I've never even talked with someguywhoplaysgames in or out of the game but I immediately thought about what s/he would do with Brou. Seems to me that's a community thing.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The Steel Crusade missions were quite grim, not comedic at all as far as I could tell.
    The game isn't all comedy, though humor has been with the game from day one.

Like I said earlier, this costume piece was a low-risk means to test out a new material option (plastic).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So, I don't know for sure if this is a bug or I just never noticed it - and there is a 50% chance I'm crazy - but has anyone else noticed that Shotgun Blast taken with the adv Breaching Round causes shotgun to have a charge? You can still use a tap, but it has an optional charge. It doesn't work this way on Live, and if you use a PTS character that already has Shotgun w/ adv then it doesn't work. But I've made two new soldier ATs (maybe it just works on ATs?) and there is definitely a charge when the adv is taken.

I've recorded video of this happening, but I won't post it unless nobody else is able to reproduce this. The charge is also listed in the tool tip if you hover over the power.
    Needs jetpack tp emitter.
    Has anyone told you that there's a bird on your head?

ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited August 2015
    After a bit more testing, I have found that: A) You must have taken Breaching Round B ) Also you must have taken Rank 2 C) The charge is no different than the tap power for shotgun blast in anyway. I haven't tested it, but I would be curious to know if the power has a charge because it is being updated to act like a "blast" power. If this was the case, it should now take advantage of Blast specs.
    Post edited by xrazamax on
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I can confirm Shotgun can now be charged if you take both the Breaching Round adv and r2 on it.
    The charge does not change anything, the damage is the same and so is the knock distance.
    edited August 2015
    The Steel Crusade missions were quite grim, not comedic at all as far as I could tell.

Like I said earlier, this costume piece was a low-risk means to test out a new material option (plastic).

I'm fine with the test, but the only 'grim' part of this game is immediately followed by a mission that is basically 'go find me a sammich'. I'm not kidding. A bit more 'serious', a bit less 'silly' would do this game well. I'd like a superhero game, not so much a parody. Just a personal preference.

I'm hoping we do see more transparent parts like this.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Wait, comedy causes cancer? Is that why Dane Cook is still alive and Bill Hicks is dead?

LOL. And Larry the Cable guy.
    aiqa wrote: »
    I can confirm Shotgun can now be charged if you take both the Breaching Round adv and r2 on it.
    The charge does not change anything, the damage is the same and so is the knock distance.

As far as I am aware, that charge was put in ages ago where you were required to charge to be able to knock with shotgun. However, it never worked so it's legacy code I do believe.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I'm fine with the test, but the only 'grim' part of this game is immediately followed by a mission that is basically 'go find me a sammich'. I'm not kidding. A bit more 'serious', a bit less 'silly' would do this game well. I'd like a superhero game, not so much a parody. Just a personal preference.

I'm hoping we do see more transparent parts like this.

This game has never been about being "grim". And the game doesn't need "grim" to be good. There are plenty of grim games out there, go play them for your grim kick, do not try to turn a non-grim game into a grim game.

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User

Couldn't hear you over the obvious Batman parody shooting 10 ton weights out of a ping pong ball gun at me.
    Guys, this debate is incredibly off topic

After further testing, I have discovered that the situation of having a charge added to your shotgun blast also occurs on Live. I could swear it did not happen before, but I don't have anything to "prove" it did not. Once again, you must take R2 + Adv to gain the ability to charge. Any other combination of ranks or advantages will not cause a charge to occur. Since this is on Live, I'm going to post it in the power bugs thread.
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Guys, this debate is incredibly off topic

After further testing, I have discovered that the situation of having a charge added to your shotgun blast also occurs on Live. I could swear it did not happen before, but I don't have anything to "prove" it did not. Once again, you must take R2 + Adv to gain the ability to charge. Any other combination of ranks or advantages will not cause a charge to occur. Since this is on Live, I'm going to post it in the power bugs thread.

Actually the debate about the sillyness of the item that came in these updates is on topic, for its talking about the item that came in the updates. Now, on the other hand. You stuff about shotgun blast, a power not addressed by these updates, is completely off topic.
    edited August 2015
    I'm trying to figure out if the charge that is on shotgun blast was an unintended result of one of these updates. Nice try though :)
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Since this is on Live, I'm going to post it in the power bugs thread.
    Sometimes the Known Power Bugs thread comes to you. I added this bug to the list. Thanks for the bug, xrazamax!​​
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I'm trying to figure out if the charge that is on shotgun blast was an unintended result of one of these updates. Nice try though :)

It has had a charge with the advantage for as long as I can remember. Tap 100% knock on primary target. Charge 100% knock on all targets.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    cyrone wrote: »

It has had a charge with the advantage for as long as I can remember. Tap 100% knock on primary target. Charge 100% knock on all targets.

^This. Pretty sure the charge is not new - it's been a while since I took it on a character but back when Rook was just a soldier AT, I could charge it and it would knock back multiple targets
    ​​
    edited August 2015

Its not. Its a legacy code issue. You see, back in the day Breeching Round use to add a charge to increase the knock distance/chance. And apperently number of targets knocked as the people above have stated.
This discussion has been closed.