test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Parker you've went full Batman, man. Never go full Batman.

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
asm-parker-industries.jpg?w=760

I dont like. Seriously. Peter Parker billionaire playboy, Big **** car and a teenage boy sidekick in Miles Morales. Yeah...this aint Spiderman its freeking SPIDERBAT U__U

Oh and lets no go on about how he gonna to be more interested in Black Cat than Mary Jane. All he needs now is for the Green Goblin to dress up like a clown.....
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Oh no the story line and characters are evolving, everyone panic! D:

request__66___alicorn_twilight_sparkle___by_radiant__eclipse-d5q621j.png
  • Options
    artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    I foresee Jameson in a Spider-Bunny-Robo-Suit.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    The Spidermobile is older than most of us. And Miles isn't his sidekick. No villain is going to say "Oh no, it's Spider-Man, and his sidekick Spider-Man!" They're two separate heroes with the same name.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    The Spidermobile is older than most of us. And Miles isn't his sidekick. No villain is going to say "Oh no, it's Spider-Man, and his sidekick Spider-Man!" They're two separate heroes with the same name.

Shut up Smack U__U
    Parker has "Parker Industries" , he is going to be Mile's "Mentor" and Miles is going to look after New York while he jets off in his private jet to fight evil world wide.
    He has billions, a dead relative he sulks about, a love/hate interest that dresses like a cat, an orphaned teenager that he has taken on as his ward... if that isnt going full Batman I dont know what is.

Its taken them 50+ years but Marvel has finally perfected their Batman fan fiction U_U
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    nepht wrote: »
    and Miles is going to look after New York while he jets off in his private jet

I thought you wrote something else for a second >3>
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    ​​ It's not that different than Japanese version where he had a Spider-mecha. tiger-2.gif
  • Options
    ​​ It's not that different than Japanese version where he had a Spider-mecha. tiger-2.gif

That one was painful to watch ._.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It's a sensible evolution. Peter Parker is a multidisciplinary scientific genius, a fact overlooked frequently in the comic - he was able to create both his webfluid and shooters in high school, using the equipment in his bedroom. The fact that he didn't come out of college as CEO of Parker Industries, with a massive contract with police departments and the military for his webshooters, was dumb. (Do you know how much the US Army would pay for something they could arm MPs with to defend military base gates that was effective at crowd control, but not quickly lethal? Those sonic cannons can be ignored, up until they're powerful enough to cause internal damage, and besides they have to be mounted on trucks. Each MP could carry a pair of webshooters and stop anything this side of an 18-wheeler.)

The new Spider-Mobile, though - that's way too toyetic and not nearly useful enough, especially for a wall-crawling web-swinger.

Edit: Besides, that's not Spider-Bat - this is Spider-Bat:
    Spider-Bat%202_zpskwm0ztdx.png
    Post edited by jonsills on
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's a sensible evolution. Peter Parker is a multidisciplinary scientific genius, a fact overlooked frequently in the comic - he was able to create both his webfluid and shooters in high school, using the equipment in his bedroom. The fact that he didn't come out of college as CEO of Parker Industries, with a massive contract with police departments and the military for his webshooters, was dumb. (Do you know how much the US Army would pay for something they could arm MPs with to defend military base gates that was effective at crowd control, but not quickly lethal? Those sonic cannons can be ignored, up until they're powerful enough to cause internal damage, and besides they have to be mounted on trucks. Each MP could carry a pair of webshooters and stop anything this side of an 18-wheeler.)

The new Spider-Mobile, though - that's way too toyetic and not nearly useful enough, especially for a wall-crawling web-swinger.

Edit: Besides, that's not Spider-Bat - this is Spider-Bat:
    Spider-Bat%202_zpskwm0ztdx.png

Yeah but all those billions earned was the work of Dr Octopus and not himself. Which begs the question...if Doc Oct could make billions in ONE SINGLE YEAR as Spiderman... why in fook did he rob banks all those years as Doc Oct?

When he come back from the dead Parker better give him a cut of the profits U__U
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ...if Doc Oct could make billions in ONE SINGLE YEAR as Spiderman... why in fook did he rob banks all those years as Doc Oct?
    Adrian Tooms invented a wingsuit that let him fly around under his own power. Without the suit, he had no superhuman abilities. Rather than waste his time trying to assume control of anything under the supervillain name of the Vulture, why not patent his suit and make billions selling it to bored daredevils the world over?

Some villains are just kind of dumb in their particular blind spot.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    1541457-car.jpg
    10characters
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    "I live in New York City! I never learned how to drive!" :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    1541457-car.jpg
    10characters

Theres a very big difference between Spiderman's classic buggy which suits the character better and a wall crawling Tumbler.
  • Options
    1541457-car.jpg
    10characters

Theres a very big difference between Spiderman's classic buggy which suits the character better and a wall crawling Tumbler.

Oh... so that's where they got the idea to add vehicles to CO.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    So, this SpiderBat is a main universe thing, or just a Secret Wars elseworld Battleworld deal?

Because it looks too obviously like a Batman parody. Marvel is known for doing "what if" alternate shenanigans quite often.
  • Options
    So, this SpiderBat is a main universe thing, or just a Secret Wars elseworld Battleworld deal?

Because it looks too obviously like a Batman parody. Marvel is known for doing "what if" alternate shenanigans quite often.
    That's apparently what's going to be in the Marvel universe after this Battleworld thing shakes out. Miles will be handling the street-level stuff in New York, while Peter goes on to become a freaking adult at long last.

Miles will also be a member of the Avengers, along with Ms. Marvel and a teenage-approximate kid in a Nova suit. (And a few others - I don't remember who-all I saw in the promo pic.)

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It wont take long before mr. Parker makes a deal with the devil to get rid of all of his fame and fortune. And returns to live in that 2 rooms apartment.
    baby-25.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    It wont take long before mr. Parker makes a deal with the devil to get rid of all of his fame and fortune. And returns to live in that 2 rooms apartment.
    baby-25.gif
    Kirby be praised, Joe Quesada isn't Editor-in-Chief any more. (Now he's the "Chief Creative Officer", which is a funny name for a guy who can't create anything beyond the status quo, but he's not in a position to force directions on the Spider-Man titles any more.)

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    Best use of Spider-Mobile was in Old Man Logan.

Best use for Marvel Comics is a coaster on the coffee table, they should stick to movies.