test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes, 7/1/15

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Costumes and Emotes
  • The July Subscriber Reward: Shaolin Emote is now available.
  • Added three material options to the Ravenswood Emblem.

New Content
  • The Patriot Celebration has been enabled and two new travel powers added: Canadian Flight & Flag Flight.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug causing high level grab alerts to not drop bonus XP.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    The Patriot Celebration is now Live, but Flag Flight is still bugged. Its third rank is just regular Flight, without the patriotic effects.
    flagflight_zps3lxiuvct.jpg
    That issue was reported yesterday in the PTS thread, and I'm reposting it here because I haven't seen confirmation that it's been noticed by a developer. It seems like a bug worth fixing sooner rather than later, before many players accumulate the tokens necessary to purchase the power.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    The Patriot Celebration is now Live, but Flag Flight is still bugged. Its third rank is just regular Flight, without the patriotic effects.
    flagflight_zps3lxiuvct.jpg
    That issue was reported yesterday in the PTS thread, and I'm reposting it here because I haven't seen confirmation that it's been noticed by a developer. It seems like a bug worth fixing sooner rather than later, before many players accumulate the tokens necessary to purchase the power.

PTS isnt for testing bugs anymore. It's more like a FYI...this is what you are getting and no we won't fix it.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so, do these unlock per character or account wide?
    IF it's per character, I can stop right now because I have none with any reason to get them.
    If it's account wide, it's awfully cheap.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It's not really useful to most people.

More than 24 hours since the patch, I've played over 30 characters and I have not seen this power in play in the game.

Flight in general is a stink-o travel power.

What they need to do is just create empty travel powers and let us slot the effects, just like the aura system, actually use the auras then when I slot two auras I bought into always on and attack mode, the third one that was a freebie can get thrown somewhere into the mix.

Post edited by nextnametaken on
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    More than 24 hours since the patch, I've played over 30 characters and I have not seen this power in play in the game.
    Perhaps that's because it takes 25 tokens to buy each sort of flight, and most people simply aren't sitting there grinding away at it, desperate to get the new shiny NOW NOW NOW. (We've got a couple of weeks for this, you know.)
    Flight in general is a stink-o travel power.
    Which is doubtless why I see so many people flying around MC, the Desert, Canada - heck, there were three people with me in the Apocalypse today (I'm finally working on leveling Short Circuit), and every one of us had Flight.

Not sure what your issue is with Flight, Next, but I'm pretty sure it's your issue.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Not sure what your issue is with Flight, Next, but I'm pretty sure it's your issue.
    Flight is slow, people who fly (of equal rank) are last to attack and always fall behind in a team fight.
    They often can't even find a target until they' spun around slowly.
    If they have wings they are even more oblivious to their surroundings.

You had three players in the Apocalypse with flight? At level 35 thats when I get my flight, usually with a free temporary become device just to glide up to the church and a roost inside the church, and that's it. Or maybe I'll power up on the go real quick then remove the flight immediately after finishing that map.

I have flight on some toons now but it feels like I'm pushing mud.
    I deleted the rainbow flight character already because it's just too much rainbow and not enough speed.

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Flight isn't supposed to be the "speed" power. It's as claimed, the most "versatile" power. You not liking it because it doesn't fit your playstyle doesn't mean it's "stink-o", it just means you personally have issues with it.

Not everyone in this game is into "as fast as possible!" you know?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I agree with pro-flight guys, yes this is a video game and your first instinct would be to be as effective and "OP" as possible, but then again we have the other side of the coin - this is a roleplaying video game, with choice being one of it's most appealing factors. For most people this game is not just about whose tiny warrior stabs another tiny warrior the hardest.
    Flight is slow, people who fly (of equal rank) are last to attack and always fall behind in a team fight.
    They often can't even find a target until they' spun around slowly.
    If they have wings they are even more oblivious to their surroundings.
    I think that this description of flight is grossly exaggerated and reeks of min/maxing.
    Paragraph by paragraph, yes - fly is slow compared to other TP's, even fully levelled one. But it's not as slow that it would be crippling to the player, far from it. All of the arguments you presented sound less like the fault of the flight itself, but more like shortcomings and simple human error of people who used it.
    Last to attack, meaning late by how much? Seconds? And moreso, do these people really need to attack first? Consider that flight is taken not only for mobility, but as this is a roleplaying game - it's taken for roleplaying purposes. Meaning that a flying tank will be a rare sight (Unless it's a ranged tank, in which case everything still works out well, my Icy Tank uses Jetpack and nobody's complainin') and DPS (unless you are a min/maxing FF, which is not wrong) usually might want to keep their distance.
    Targeting in CO can be a problem for everybody, flight or not, because let's not kid ourselves, the targeting just... it's flawed, that's what it is.
    As for wings, i wouldn't take them into account, even the biggest wings don't cover their entire screen, i'm sure. All they have to do is roll the mouse wheel down a bit, voila. Wings =/= Octopus Bile.
    Personally i have several toons and for some flight just works better than for others, whether for roleplaying purposes or in synergy with their powers.
    And yes, a lot of people use variations of flight. Not saying that the crowd can't be in the wrong, but the crowd can't be in the wrong.

TL;DR:
    stink-o travel power
    Neh.
    most people
    Nah.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    nextnametaken may have not seen people using the flag flight travel powers but I sure have.

For whatever that's worth.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    I retconned one character to use the USA Flag flight and created another to use the Canada Flag Flight
    edited July 2015
    emperornf wrote: »
    Last to attack, meaning late by how much? Seconds? And moreso, do these people really need to attack first?
    Like not even in the same room by the time the fight is half over.
    Yes they need to attack...within the same time as other players, it is boring to have a lolly gagging flier falling behind all the time, more than one makes it even less fun, in team of three they spread aggro around as they obliviously fly about.

Here's how late flight is. I'm in the upper right, started on the wolf while the rest of the team was beating the first miniboss.

The flying guy way on the left, started moving first out of the group while the other three were finishing off the miniboss, the person fighting the wolf moved second, the demon moved third, stars and stripes was fifth.

oHY0uKQ.jpg?1

Typical. Mr Flying Canada spends the whole alert using nothing but energy builder. See for yourself in the demo file

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    Flight IS a crappy travel power, utility-wise. It is gimped by its greatly reduced "in combat" speed.

Someone designing it had this idea that it will be balanced with regular flights having more convenient activation and maneouvrability compared to rocket flights, but it is not and using regular flights TPs instead of rocket flights is gimping yourself for theme purposes.

This entire idea of mechanic diversification between regular flights and rocket flights is and always was dumb and unnecessary, serving no real functional purpose except of penalising players for their theme choice.

All flights in this game should be as fast as rocket flights on all gears and in combat/out of combat states, but have regular flights activation by charging.

edited July 2015
    I had fun flying in circles in Ren Cen with my Canada Flag Flight, using flashy yellow leaves. I already forgot all about the grind, that's either good game design or good medication.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    This patch disabled FATAL ERR0R, by the way.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

I think Fatal Err0r fell off the server a week or two ago.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    No one gonna mention the Flashback Lockbox Event? Because OH BOY Getting spammed by 10+ different lockboxes while leveling via Missions! MY FAVORITE! :(

Why did I got into the trouble to get both of those TP anyway?

How about making the STARs Aura from the Flag speed an AURA someday maybe?

I think Fatal Err0r fell off the server a week or two ago.

Yeap it was 2 Weeks agro, sometimes tells me that this is related with Red Winter and the fact that Cybermind Fatal Error alert is near the circle
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    We've got a fix in for Flag Flight. Thanks for calling it out! We're also going to be changing up the sound FX attached to them to be more appropriate too.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    We've got a fix in for Flag Flight. Thanks for calling it out! We're also going to be changing up the sound FX attached to them to be more appropriate too.

f29f89d2-0e44-41f7-9724-5a64cb0a5eed.jpg

Now where's my British Flag Flight? ;-P
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods