test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reminder: Cryptic Chat In The Hero Games Chat Room, Monday March 22

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Just a quick reminder that this Monday, March 22, we're going to be having a special chat with Cryptic Studios in the Hero Games chat room! The Cryptic folks will be talking about the upcoming expansion for Champions Online, Revelation, which introduces Vibora Bay as a zone.

The chat will be at 9:00 PM Eastern, 6:00 PM Pacific, and will be moderated by li'l ol' me. Hope to see you there! If you haven't stopped by to visit us at www.herogames.com before, you'll need to come early and set up an account so you can access the Chat Room.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Cool! I'll try to remember to show up. Word on the street is that the VBay will be patched to live on Tuesday the 23rd ...
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I don't mean to be rude.

Why is this here in PnP? It has nothing to do with the PnP and everything to do with Champions Online. Could we get a copy of this in the News Announcements section or Discussions section of the forums?
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I don't mean to be rude.

Why is this here in PnP? It has nothing to do with the PnP and everything to do with Champions Online. Could we get a copy of this in the News Announcements section or Discussions section of the forums?

I think it's because it's going to be on the Hero Games boards.
    edited March 2010
    IronJelly wrote:
    I think it's because it's going to be on the Hero Games boards.
    So why was it changed to the hero boards? To me, it seemed like there weren't any problems with the dev chats when they were handled on those chat boards.

At any rate, this should still be put onto News Announcements. Not everyone visits the PnP section of the forums.
    edited March 2010
    So why was it changed to the hero boards? To me, it seemed like there weren't any problems with the dev chats when they were handled on those chat boards.

At any rate, this should still be put onto News Announcements. Not everyone visits the PnP section of the forums.

I agree. I was just trying to give them a reason for it being here.
    edited March 2010

This isn't a change, but rather, a special occurrence. We'll be having more regular Dev Chats in the not too distant future.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited March 2010

It's a special chat, not taking away from any other devchats. Having it at the Hero Boards gives those who are fans of the PnP game a chance to question the devs on things that appeal to their segment of the community, that might otherwise be ignored in a chat with an audience that's not interested in the PnP, such as how they'll develop the Champs U. in game.
    edited March 2010
    Thundrax wrote:
    It's a special chat, not taking away from any other devchats.
    See, the way I read this post of HeroSteve's was that this was a chat about Vibora Bay, the new upcoming zone.

So you can understand my confusion when he or she actually says that, and doesn't specify that it's about "The PnP lore that's in Vibora"

This made me think that it's a standard dev chat about all the inner workings of Vibora Bay, and not necessarily about PnP lore.
    edited March 2010
    See, the way I read this post of HeroSteve's was that this was a chat about Vibora Bay, the new upcoming zone.

So you can understand my confusion when he or she actually says that, and doesn't specify that it's about "The PnP lore that's in Vibora"

This made me think that it's a standard dev chat about all the inner workings of Vibora Bay, and not necessarily about PnP lore.

I can certainly understand that. And I'm sure that won't be the only thing discussed; I have some non-lore questions I'd like to put to the devs sometime.
    edited March 2010

Several people seem to have covered this, but just to reiterate:

There's no "change" here. I said to the Cryptic guys, "Hey, would you like to come do a chat on the Hero Games boards sometime?"

And they said, "Sure, we'd love to." So we scheduled one.

I have no idea when or if Cryptic does its own chats here on these boards. This has nothing to do with anything they do here chat-wise. It's just us at Hero offering them a chance to do another chat somewhere else. ;)

That's pretty much it. It's on our boards so I posted the announcement here. If they want to put it somewhere else, they're welcome to.