test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some other powers we would like to see in a Lockbox.

How about a "Fixed Throwing Blades" Lockbox?

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    What's wrong with Throwing Blades?
    Is because of that SLOPPYFix they did to fix the Throwing Blades Exploit? Forcing you to fully charge the power without being able to tap damage, is that it?

Also please no, Don't support Powers in Lockboxes
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Are throwing blades able to hit objects now or is that still a problem.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Why stop at powers? They could do things like a high resolution texture pack lockbox, or a combine REC and END into one SS lockbox, or a stop falling damage from being a percentage of your maximum health lockbox, a finish the work started on DX11 lockbox, a foundry lockbox, or a level cap increase lockbox.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I'd like a Lockbox power that gives you the ability to unlock all Lockboxes for free, with a 2-minute cooldown.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Wallrun TP.
    SpeshulBlack/White Powers.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I just want the "get CO a big player base and more money for devs" power. I never get what I want. :(
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    I just want the "get CO a big player base and more money for devs" power. I never get what I want. :(

Well, when you show new people this game it takes about 20 minutes for them to say something along the lines of "at least they had the decency to make this dumpster fire MMORPG free, let's play something else instead."

If CO wants a new playerbase, they'll have to make a decent product. Right now, this game is bad comedy.

• xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    I want a new power called the I Win Button. When used I win at everything no exceptions. It will also alert every zone with a line of flashing text at the top of the screen proclaiming that I won for all the people to see.

However if two people use the I Win Button simultaneously it will cause the game server to crash and require no less than 2 hours of maintenance to have it back up and running.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    I want a new power called the I Win Button. When used I win at everything no exceptions. It will also alert every zone with a line of flashing text at the top of the screen proclaiming that I won for all the people to see.

However if two people use the I Win Button simultaneously it will cause the game server to crash and require no less than 2 hours of maintenance to have it back up and running.

and since as soon as it is out, flocks of people will get it. Just to say " I'm the winner" game will be offline fulltime.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    How about a "Pre-Nerf Imbue" Lockbox. I'm sure they could make a bunch of bucks off all the pvpers rushing to get that gem back in their builds.

avianos wrote: »
    Also please no, Don't support Powers in Lockboxes

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have an idea for a lockbox but it's NSFW.
    Post edited by nextnametaken on
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    The power to summon more lockboxes.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I'm looking forward to the Deeply Concerned Lockbox, which has a chance to drop the Intervention power. When used, it opens a Google Maps browser tab with directions to the nearest Gamblers Anonymous support group.
    The Unsummon power, turn it on and all summoned creatures(apart from yours) vanish for 20 seconds.
    bye bye dinos .

Now if they were really going for making money, they would put in, random no key lockboxes, which since the things stack means hunting through them one by one to look for "your free box"
    - BUT I opened 100 boxes and I didn't get an opened one.
    - It's random
    - but it says 1 in 100 and I opened 100
    - that's 1 in 100 over the game not you.
    - but I opened 100 so I should get 1.

edited July 2015
    Oh, Jiggle Physics lockbox, with slottable jiggle bits, use one for fun or complete the full jiggle physics set to become a quivering QWOP-like ragdoll.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    ​​What powers in lockbox?

x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-everything-everything-everywhere-6221ff.jpg

The more the merrier!RtcjLDn.gif
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    nepht gets an Xzibition:

"Yo, dawg, we heard you like lockboxes so we put a lockbox in a lockbox with another lockbox inside!"

xzibit.png

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    nepht gets an Xzibition:

"Yo, dawg, we heard you like lockboxes so we put a lockbox in a lockbox with another lockbox inside!"

xzibit.png

Didn't they do that one year for one of the holidays? I can't remember which at this point.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    it was one of the suggestions in my april fools day lockbox thread.

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    It was suggested by Xzibit???? :*
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    You know what powers SHOULD be in all lockboxes as a random prize. The Bloodmoon ones. Thats the type of powers you should be able to find in lockboxes.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    Make the whole game free for all free form free to play, only unlock the first two tiers of all power sets for free, put all the other powers in the lockboxes.

This changes nothing for subscribers, so there's no need to buy boxes of tissues for their tears.
    Make the whole game free for all free form free to play, only unlock the first two tiers of all power sets for free, put all the other powers in the lockboxes.

This changes nothing for subscribers, so there's no need to buy boxes of tissues for their tears.

I assume that all powers will remain unlocked for my freeform slots? I paid a lot of money for those, and if I suddenly find the majority of powers locked I'd be interested in a hefty refund. My purchases in this regard are equivalent to over a year of subscription.

Also, I think a game balanced around people who only have access to the first two tiers might have to be even more wimpy than a game balanced around archetypes.
    Well the free form slot needs to be a pay once play forever 'subscription', $50 for one thing that's so limited is crazy.

Free form slots should be 100 zen each.
    Well the free form slot needs to be a pay once play forever 'subscription', $50 for one thing that's so limited is crazy.

Free form slots should be 100 zen each.

Realistically, Free Form slots cost 25 dollars if you know how marketing strategies work.

1 dollar a piece? They'd never sell a single one. I mean sure, I'd love to get free form slots for free as much as anyone...