test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double XP and Questionite after Outage

crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
Hello Champions,

We’d like to apologize for the extremely long emergency downtime you may have experienced today. We’ve been having some problems with our network hardware that’s been causing issues, and we’ve been wanting to finally replace it with new hardware for a while now. The extended maintenance on Tuesday and Thursday was part of the new hardware swap, but the reintegration took a bit longer than expected. The good news is the update leaves all our Cryptic games in much better shape!

However, we still feel bad that you’ve been unable to access the games you want to play for so long! To compensate for this, we’re doing both a Questionite and XP boost bonus from now until next Tuesday morning. We’re also going to extend the current 15% Charge Bonus for an additional 24 hours. We hope this more than makes up for the extended downtime, and that you enjoy the multiple bonus events this weekend.

Thank you for your patience!

Start time: Now!
End time: 9am PDT Tuesday, 6/30

Comments

• jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    let's hear it for new hamsters!!
    tumblr_mmm4pfAt471r8506wo1_500.gif
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Will you also fix the Grab alerts so they actually give the XP reward from the the loot circle at the end that they are supposed to, as opposed to merely showing it to us as they do now?

Just ran a Stitch in Time Grab, to make absolutely sure. Keeping in mind this is under the double XP buff, and at level 28:

XP to next level before entering: 230,240

XP to next level post-cutscene but pre-loot: 201,018

XP to next level after looting XP buff and the 64k+ reward: 201,018

Total XP gain: 29,222

By comparison, I ran a Pyramid Power alert directly after.

XP to next level before entering: 201,018

XP to next level after the alert: 173,574

Total XP gain: 27,444

Please fix this before we lose even more players. Like, today.
    Post edited by originalbaxter on
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    In a nutshell, the XP item drops from XP alerts are not granting any XP when picked up.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I can confirm this - just run a "Stitch In Time" alert and at the end of the run, it offered the XP amount and the 15% Grab Alert bonus, on the same screen, which is odd because they're normally separate. When you pick up the item you don't get the XP, just the 15% bonus. Which is not great in a bonus XP weekend.....
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    Same here. Confirmed ZERO XP reward from all the alerts on multiple toons some with the Dbl XP bonus, one with no bonuses at all.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    It's after 2 p.m. in Los Gatos, and still no reply, or even acknowledgement from Cryptic. It's very disheartening to be a customer since 2009 and not matter at all.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    Guess people aren't getting the 60k + at the end.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks,

We apologize for the Alerts XP issue and are looking into the problem now. We'll give you an update when we figure out the source of the problem.
    Hey folks,

We apologize for the Alerts XP issue and are looking into the problem now. We'll give you an update when we figure out the source of the problem.

so in a nutshell......things broke in such a way that defeats...like half the point of double XP..but that makes me ask...what, if anything are you going to do to see about the making up for the of it?

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ok calm down.
    1. last week someone posted a thread stating that Day at the mall and I think, Stitch in time, DIDN'T give the Boss XP.

2. We have just been running those and getting a bonus listed, in pair with the boost. AS opposed to separately, like they normally are.

3. This means someone is trying to fix it, so that ALL the Grab alerts have the Boss XP.

4. Which means it will take few tries to get it right.

Which means, that after it works, you will get the Missing Boss XP on all Grab alerts, instead of a few of them.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015
    Day at the Mall and Stitch in Time have always been missing the secondary XP reward, as they are shorter. At least as of Thursday morning (pre 25th patch) they did however reward the XP from the loot circle, as did the longer ones.

This is a completely different issue.

Edit: Although, thinking about it, Stitch in Time isn't really shorter, maybe it only felt that way to me because the map is slightly smaller. If fixing the missing XP reward adds the secondary reward that the longer three give, I'm all for it. I'm just a bit ticked that Cryptic does such shoddy work, and either doesn't bother to test it or doesn't listen when we report bugs, and then drags its feet on acknowledging their mistake and fixing it, if they ever do.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    It's not even a constant issue - I ran a Bank Robbery earlier, and confirmed that I got the 15k XP it said I did. Intermittent bugs are the worst.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    the ones like this, seem to be the problem. People who said they got theirs separately as normla. got the reward.
    xp%20oops_zpsv7rqm5bb.png
    I know the ones I got with both at once, I never got the boss xp

• bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    Also, the Bonus multipliers are not being applied to other missions. With all the different boosts I should be getting 144% xp on regular missions and do not. I tracked promised xp when accepting the mission and monitored xp levels before and after turning completed missions in. I detailed this in bugs thread.
  • mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    This is what we get when they use the game to train brand new interns. CO doesn't have a "development" team it has a maintenance/trainee team. CO will not be getting new zones/areas, it will not be getting new powers, it will not be getting costumes on par with sets released in the past, it will be getting new bugs that will join the lists of never addressed problems and costume sets slapped together to be shoved at us ridiculously overpriced.

The "Devs" do not listen to the players at all, period, and if you doubt that just look at the forums about the Variable Robot set. The player that originally came up with the concept design flat out said they didn't want their name attached to the hot mess they put out and the "Devs" still slapped their handle on it's description anyways. That right there tells you all you need to know about what the "Devs" really think of the players.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Disappointing. Utterly disappointing. Grab alerts crippled during the rare Double EXP event. Right after that long maintenance too. Inconvenience after inconvenience. And just when i was considering going Gold, too. This whole situation has been sort of a wake-up call that in this game everything can break at any time, and whatever broke won't get fixed any time soon, if at all. And as someone else already mentioned, i hope that our already small playerbase doesn't shrink. Then again situations like these may show why people left in the first place.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Everyone loves the drama around here, don't they? :) C'mon. They'll extend the 4hr Double Xp bonus a few days and push out a fix for the Grab Alerts early next week.
    Call it what you want, a customer - especially a paying one, has not only the right but the duty to react whenever things like these happen. Being vocal is good, it allows customers to find temporary closure by addressing the creators directly, instead of having to silently bear and suffer the issues. At the same time it allows developers to, hopefully, learn and improve.
    But i do hope that they will act fairly and extend the XP bonus, while also fixing the Alert issue as quickly as possible. This is not some miniscule thing, it's one of the main sources of EXP, and personally i have three toons i have yet to level. (Imagine my bitterness when it turned out that instead of speeding up the process, the situation put a boot on my plans and schedule.) On my 38 lvl toon i was hoping that at least the double EXP would help by multiplying the quest EXP, but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm pretty sure that Mob EXP is multiplied and that's about it.

Bottom line, i just hope that they make this blunder up to us. Usually it takes me 3-4 days to level a character from 1 to 40 (Plus two days of side work - getting Heroic Gear pieces). Combined with the maintenance and now this, the particular character i'm working on will total 6 days, 7 if i don't manage to finish it by today. I know that this sounds silly but i poured my heart, zen and gold into this enterprise, EXP boosts and whatnot. Just really hoping they own up and "atone". Seeing clueless players say "Why didn't i get any EXP :(" at the end of an alert (Sometimes even when other players levelled up during the very same run) just made me sad, it really made me sad.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I went to pick up the exp from the circle and when I did nothing happened.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    they are 'making up for it' the xp is extended until at least this coming weeks maintenance rather than simply running over the weekend.
    eiledon wrote: »
    they are 'making up for it' the xp is extended until at least this coming weeks maintenance rather than simply running over the weekend.

but that dosn't really help, becasue they are only going to fix the broken XP alerts during the maintaince next week....so basically, when they fix the issue that would remove the crippling effect off the double XP....the double XP will be gone...rendering it moot.

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The devs are actually trying to fix this and... people are saying how the devs never listen to players. Lol. Okay. I'll pretend that makes sense.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll see just how much more the lack of xp from alerts for a week cripples the player numbers.

I mean, how does giving us double exp suddenly break alert reward drop points when it hasn't before? This only bolsters the theory that the game code deteriorates over time.
    I wrote about this in the bugs thread but levels 25~26 are usually when the bug happens, myself and several other people confirm it, hopefully this information will help solve the problem faster.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    the ones like this, seem to be the problem. People who said they got theirs separately as normla. got the reward.
    xp%20oops_zpsv7rqm5bb.png
    I know the ones I got with both at once, I never got the boss xp

It seems like the End XP isn't granted to you anymore after you reached(at least for me) reach level 26. When I made it to level 25 in a alert I got the Grab XP Boost and the 60k xp, ran a followup Grab when I was level 26.

I was on team with someone else who was level 26.. same report. No end xp just a "EXP" and "GRAB EXPERIENCE BOOST!" with a Take All.
    edited June 2015
    If level of the intended recipient is a factor, I don't believe the upper range makes a difference, none of my current crop of alts, seven of them from levels 27-38 are getting the final XP.
    If level of the intended recipient is a factor, I don't believe the upper range makes a difference, none of my current crop of alts, seven of them from levels 27-38 are getting the final XP.

That's because it cuts out or in at 26 , depending on how you look at it

up to level 25, you get the 2 rewards separately and they register, 26+ you get them together and they don't register

all yours are above 26+, so none of them get it.

chaelk wrote: »

That's because it cuts out or in at 26 , depending on how you look at it

up to level 25, you get the 2 rewards separately and they register, 26+ you get them together and they don't register

all yours are above 26+, so none of them get it.

Right. I was saying that it doesn't revert back to two separate rewards at any point past 26. Unless it does so at level 39, which I have no data on one way or another, but doubt.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    Also please fix Fatal Error.

You know, since it is a pair of daily missions that reward questionite and we could have been cashing in on those double rewards if it was there for us to play it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Until then, suddenly HotS is looking mighty alluring
    You have the HotS for it?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks,

Sorry about the XP bonus issue. We got in a fix for it last week and extended the XP bonus to make up for it.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Hey folks,

Sorry about the XP bonus issue. We got in a fix for it last week and extended the XP bonus to make up for it.

The issue people, from my understanding, are having is Witchcraft was removed with the same patch that fixed the xp bug. So those who were hoping to use grabs kind of got the short end of the stick in this exchange.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hey folks,

I'm not understanding just what this means. Did you put Witchcraft back? Will Double XP be reinstated this week to make up for it? This is what everyone I have talked to expected.

Edit: No. They couldn't have. Did they really just "extend" the Double XP weekend by only a few hours, while simultaneously removing the NPC that grants Double XP? What in the world? And this Double XP was supposed to be an apology for a previous mistake? If you want to fix this, put Witchcraft back for 1 week. This is handled just hideously.
    Post edited by voyagersix on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    You guys are really bad at your job.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    voyagersix wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm not understanding just what this means. Did you put Witchcraft back? Will Double XP be reinstated this week to make up for it? This is what everyone I have talked to expected.

Edit: No. They couldn't have. Did they really just "extend" the Double XP weekend by only a few hours, while simultaneously removing the NPC that grants Double XP? What in the world? And this Double XP was supposed to be an apology for a previous mistake? If you want to fix this, put Witchcraft back for 1 week. This is handled just hideously.

It had been extended just long enough to fix grabs. The xp/q weekend was scheduled to end the Monday after it started. They left the npc up until the patch was released last Wednesday, so they did extend it. Though it wasn't as useful with the broken grabs.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Relax. It's only XP and it was doubled up for free.

Right now is a bad time for double xp, people will be grinding red winter for NO XP, wasting that precious double xp bonus time. I know standing around waiting for Red Winter to pop gives me the "xp boost is draining" blues.

• voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Relax. It's only XP and it was doubled up for free.

Only it wasn't, as this thread clearly explains to you.

The entire point of Double XP being enabled was to apologize for other things being broken.

In other words, they responded to breaking things by breaking other things. Afterward, they essentially threw up their hands and said, "Thanks for the bug report. Better luck next time!"

It pointlessly created ill will that could have been avoided simply by turning Double XP on again immediately after it was fixed and for the remainder of the week.​​
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You got four free hours of DXP for later just for logging in and clicking on Witchy. Don't act like you got "nothing" because an Alert wasn't giving out XP to those over 26. There are a ton of other ways to get XP in this game. Acting like people got screwed is ridiculous "spoiled child" behavior.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png