test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XP bonuses from Grabs not granting XP.

stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
The Extra XP gained at the end of a Grab mission isn't granting XP.

Comments

• Options
    joltrabbitjoltrabbit Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same. Some bonuses are granting in ninja mode. You won't see your character DING! on a level up. This happened to me on a City Hall Grab. Day at the Mall,however, gave no stealth bonus and the reward at the end gave nothing. You can still turn in missions for double. This seems to be an issue with the reward circle. This may be a good weekend to do (gasp) content to level up.

If you get both bonuses in the same reward window you'll get no xp bonus. Just the Grab! +15 percent to future rewards.

@Rejolt when you see me in game. Forum member since late 2008, beta tester and LTS.

Still trying to make a Might/Electric toon that gets something out of Shockwave (darn you Stormbringer for not boosting Sonic damage!).
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just did bank robbery, said it gave me the xp but nothing changed on my xp total
    yes mine was both in one reward.

and I'm normally doing missions, so no change to me.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here, no EXP reward from the pillar of light at the end of Grabs. More so, another unusual thing i noticed, the pillar of light "gives" the 15% EXP boost and the bugged, non-registering exp (Around 70k) at the same time, in one "drop window" as opposed to how usually you had to take the rewards twice, one after the other.
    It's infuriating that something like this would happen during the double EXP weekend, first the prolonged maintenance and now this.

EDIT:
    After some testing across several toons, my suspicion is that using the 20% XP Boost might be the reason behind what happens. It's possible that Double EXP + 15% +20% might break some kind of EXP limit, causing it to bug out. I'm not sure if my theory is right, which is why i would like to hear some testimonies from people who stacked all the possible EXP boosts and their experiences afterwards.
    Post edited by emperornf on
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    emperornf wrote: »
    EDIT:
    After some testing across several toons, my suspicion is that using the 20% XP Boost might be the reason behind what happens. It's possible that Double EXP + 15% +20% might break some kind of EXP limit, causing it to bug out. I'm not sure if my theory is right, which is why i would like to hear some testimonies from people who stacked all the possible EXP boosts and their experiences afterwards.

You used to be able to stack them as of the last Double XP "weekend". But that's not it, I'm not using anything but the Dbl XP boost, the Heritage Boost and a Grab boost and I just did a Black Talon Museum on a lvl 34 Freeform.

Before getting the pickup XP reward I was @ 6,534,635. After picking up the 74,816 XP reward I was still @ 6,534,635.

No sense in doing any Grabs unless they give 2 XP rewards.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Came back recently to play some characters and see about this dev switch.

This will bwe a good chance to see how they respond to fairly important bugs.

Have yested with no xp boost, only 2xp, 2xp and 1hr 15%, 2xp and 1hr device boost (self only), and all three plus heirloom. In all instances both aler rewards spawned in the same container. It doesnt seem to be affecting everyone so it may not be related to xp boosts.

Ive seen people get and not get the boost in the same alert completion, but since the patch have not recieved the bonus xp pool. Multiple characters were tested so its not a single character affected.

Hope that helps track the issue down.
  • Options
    Yes, i can personally disprove my theory after doing some more testing on other toons.
    On one toon, i stacked all possible exp buffs and i received the reward in full, 11k EXP.
    While on the other, the bug still persists no matter what.
    Combined with the comments above, it can be easily said that XP Boosts and Buffs are completely unrelated to the bug.
    For now it seems like random characters are hit with that bug. One of my toons did, one of them didn't.
    I received EXP reward in an alert, and in the same alert another person didn't receive it.
    Which in conclusion seems like the bug affects random toons, while consistently denying or allowing them the reward.
    It's as if some toons were bugged, marked for "death" - while others got spared and the bug avoided them.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    I report this bug as well.

Level 37 character with Double XP + XP Booster + Grab Bonus + 3x Heirloom Bonus = No end of alert reward at all.
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Ran Grabs on my level 30 and got no exp at the end. Logged in a level 20 and got the bonus at the end. No idea what the difference is. The only thing I did different is I messed with the "F" key to put it back to follow on the level 30.

I have a few more toons to test it on.

• Options
    And here's what I have. 3 level 30's glitched and no bonus. 3 level 20's and 1 level 12 and they got the bonus.

Seems to be a level glitch maybe?

• Options
    bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tracked numbers on a few missions
    Grab alerts did not grant any mission xp but did grant combat xp (not sure if bonuses were applied)
    Did Hi-Pan alert (recorded promised XP), turned in mission and just got the promised xp with no bonuses applied
    Non-Alert mission received no bonus multiplier

Toon level 28/29/30
    Double XP = 100%
    XP Booster = 20%
    Grab Bonus = 15%
    3x Heirloom Gear = 9%
    Total XP Bonus should be 144%

Positive note, double questionite is working (thanks you for that gift)
    Post edited by bobj021960 on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I noticed another development, with double exp active entire time, Monster Island Quests (30~35) granted about 70k EXP, while now Pre-Apocalypse Vibora Quests (38) give about 40k EXP.
    This leads me to believe that the Double EXP itself might be bugged, at least for me, on that particular toon.

I'm negatively impressed with how developers as an "We're sorry" gift for the prolonged downtime, managed to turn what was supposed to be an event where levelling is faster, into a disaster where levelling is slower. The fact that not everybody suffers these bugs is no excuse, all players should be treated equally and compensated for this tiring, irritating and crippling inconvenience.
    Post edited by emperornf on
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Just in case people don't follow the PTS threads:
    Known Issues
    - Grab Alerts are not granting XP, only the XP bonus. (We are aware this is live. We are extending the Questionite and XP bonus weekends until we can fix the bug next week).

So farm Q and if you have characters that aren't hit by the bug *(it appears to be a character based bug) get them some levels.
  • Options
    Level 26 is the cut off. Once you ding 26 the "bug" happens.

• Options
    I can confirm the post above, once you start receiving lvl 25-tier EXP rewards, the bug happens.
    Personally i think that it may have something to do with some sort of an EXP cap, an upper EXP limit, the maximum amount of EXP one can gain being surpassed, causing the bug.
    I'm not sure if such an EXP cap exists, though, but i do hope that devs take this possible scenario into consideration.
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    The XP drop item isn't giving me XP even when I have no boosts of any kind up once a toon hits level 25.
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    It's all about the level bracketing. Once you hit 26, it puts you into a new level based reward bracket for the grabs where the XP drop is bugged and doesn't give you any XP. Have tested this on multiple characters. Some have no xp boosts beyond the double xp buff. Also, some regular content missions don't seem to be giving doubled xp either.
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Anyone else getting weird yields from grabs? My one level 11 toon got 18300 and then at 12 got 16800? is that right I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be more than that right? And my other level 15 toon is getting 34K+ for them. Something is shonky with the XP bonuses among other things
  • Options
    Not all of them are the same in terms of rewards. The Grabs that take place in Millennium City give you a substantial amount of additional XP at the end, before you pickup the mission reward for even more. The Vibora Bay ones do not do this. Not sure what happened with your 11-12 transition, maybe you leveled in the middle of the alert and were considered one level higher than the mission reward?
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Not all of them are the same in terms of rewards. The Grabs that take place in Millennium City give you a substantial amount of additional XP at the end, before you pickup the mission reward for even more. The Vibora Bay ones do not do this. Not sure what happened with your 11-12 transition, maybe you leveled in the middle of the alert and were considered one level higher than the mission reward?
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12581715?#
    except is was the same exact alert my other toon just did
  • Options
    Then you are probably in the next reward bracket, or maybe you have more xp bonuses, like from the heirlooms and stuff?
  • Options
    Someone on the team might have had an exp group boost active?