test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is up-to-date information regarding maintenance?

straifrookstraifrook Posts: 9 Arc User
Basic information such as this, that is used by every player on a regular basis, should be much more readily available on this website. There is no logical reason that someone should have to dig through slow loading screen after slow loading screen just to get at this information.

Answers

• straifrookstraifrook Posts: 9 Arc User
    And the Facebook page is a waste of time since it is very rarely updated, and never gives maintenance information.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    Same here. Just have to wait until the launcher does come back on line.
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Posts: 40 Arc User
    Hmm, Arc has an orange box staing some games will be down..etc
    Clicking on it lead to a list that included neverwinter, but that was the extentof the info, the games listed weren't link to give further information. That's what I was hoping to find, you know, something along the lines of
    • "proceeding as planned."
    • "minor issues encountered, but we should still be back at noon"
    • "Holy CRAP! TOO MUCH SH**!! We need a bigger fan to handle it all!!"
    • "Danger! Danger Will Robinson!"
    :p
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    yeah. I see that message too (but you have to log on via the arc launcher to do so). and CO is on the list which means (if I got this right) it'll be at least 3pm est before the launcher is back up.

Back to RL stuff then :)
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    To be honest, trailturtle's usually pretty good at keeping us updated on this kind of thing. Maybe everything in that area's thrown off because of the new forums...maybe.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited June 2015
    To be honest, trailturtle's usually pretty good at keeping us updated on this kind of thing. Maybe everything in that area's thrown off because of the new forums...maybe.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but for something as often accessed as maintenance you'd think they'd at least address it. Post a note keeping players (esp. those paying) informed.
    I think you're right on this one. This new format is a 'bear' to navigate thru
  • launcher update just times out all the time after 5 attempts what is going on anyone
  • kajkrkajkr Posts: 37 Arc User
    News: Scheduled maintenance for some games has been extended until 2:00 PM PDT.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks. It can be like trying to deal with the cable company sometimes. :p

"We project services will return at 12 pm."

12:30 pm: "We project services will return at 2 pm."
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    <tapping foot>
  • rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    straifrook wrote: »
    <tapping foot>

same here ...
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
    Yeah, I'm not crazy about vanilla verson of forums....Is there a "today's posts" feature hidden somewhere that I missed?
  • modqueenmodqueen Posts: 5 Arc User
    “Scheduled maintenance has been extended until 3:00 PM PDT"

Surprise, surprise.
    Hmm I believe it is now 3:00pm PDT should post for 5:00 pm quite soon now. >:)
    News - Arc platform now states: Cryptic games are currently having a prolonged maintenance. Please check the forums for updates.

The "Play" button has also disappeared from the "Arc Games" tab for Champions Online.
    well at least the LAUNCHER is up now. or maybe i just got lucky.

"We will be performing shard maintenance on June 25th from 6 AM -4 PM Pacific (13:00- 23:00 UTC)."
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    I'm wondering now that the CO forums are integrated into the other forums, they're no longer posting updates for issues affecting multiple games here anymore?
    Servers won't be up before 5 pm PT, referring STO forum.
    - Dawn Radio -
  • p4nj4kr3jnp4nj4kr3jn Posts: 189 Arc User
    what the **** is going ON?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Launcher works now and it patched but the game is still closed for maintenance. Time is 15:11 ST
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Launcher is running, and it is updating...
    crosses fingers uneasily while muttering a brief prayer to the god Murphy...
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    CO launcher now has a message which says maintenance will be until 4PM ST
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Sure it will. What blew up??
    The prayer may have displeased Almighty Murphy...the launcher blurb now reads :
    We will be performing Shard Maintenance on June 25th from 6 AM - 4PMPacific (13:00-23:00 UTC). Please check Forums.
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    I have a sinking feeling that this might be the time that the CO programming kludge catches up to us all...
    p4nj4kr3jn wrote: »

The database containing character saves.
    p4nj4kr3jn wrote: »

The database containing character saves.
    Seems like that's already happened.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Maybe they had to train a new guinea pig?
    Looks like neverwinter is up, lets hope CO is soon to follow
    edited June 2015
    Neverwinter is most definitely NOT up. You Can logon at the launcher, get update, but not actually reach the logon server and characters to play.
    CO is now up and running
    NW still not
  • originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    Haven't noticed any difference in performance, but Grab alerts are borked now. They apparently tried to lump the XP buff and XP reward together in one lootable and didn't do it correctly. You receive the buff, but not the reward, at least in Museum Heist, Bank Robbery and Fighting City Hall.

I haven't tried the smaller ones since the servers (FINALLY) came back up, but if the bug holds true for them, you'd get more XP from doing a Burst.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    Haven't noticed any difference in performance, but Grab alerts are borked now. They apparently tried to lump the XP buff and XP reward together in one lootable and didn't do it correctly. You receive the buff, but not the reward, at least in Museum Heist, Bank Robbery and Fighting City Hall.

I haven't tried the smaller ones since the servers (FINALLY) came back up, but if the bug holds true for them, you'd get more XP from doing a Burst.

I've run a Museum Heist and Fighting City Hall on an alt since I saw people mentioning this in zone chat. I received full XP both times, and I'm still wondering what I need to do to replicate what people are experiencing.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited June 2015
    You get a minor XP reward during the cutscene, just as you always did, but the primary one, the one from the loot circle, you don't get.
    You get a minor XP reward during the cutscene, just as you always did, but the primary one, the one from the loot circle, you don't get.

I know this. I'm still getting the XP reward from the loot circle.
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm also getting that. I get the XP from finishing the Grab Alert, but I only get the XP Boost Buff, not the actual XP from the Circle, and I've done several Grab Alerts with the Same Results.
    purin1 wrote: »

Are you really? Have you actually checked your total before and after looting?

It shows two items when you loot, yes. One is the buff, the other is the XP reward you are supposed to receive. However, unless somehow you are playing a different version of the game than others, the XP reward, even though present and looted, is NOT applied. It's there, you loot it, but you do NOT actually get it.
    I got the xp reward. I'm sure, coz it caused my alt to lvl up.
    - Dawn Radio -
    rslvfzg wrote: »
    I got the xp reward. I'm sure, coz it caused my alt to lvl up.

Again, unless somehow some are playing a different version than others, YOU DID NOT. copy/pasting because I really don't want to have to re-type everything:

Just ran a Stitch in Time Grab, to make absolutely sure. Keeping in mind this is under the double XP buff, and at level 28:

XP to next level before entering: 230,240

XP to next level post-cutscene but pre-loot: 201,018

XP to next level after looting XP buff and the 64k+ reward: 201,018

Total XP gain: 29,222

By comparison, I ran a Pyramid Power alert directly after.

XP to next level before entering: 201,018

XP to next level after the alert: 173,574

Total XP gain: 27,444

Please fix this before we lose even more players. Like, today.

Are you really? Have you actually checked your total before and after looting?

It shows two items when you loot, yes. One is the buff, the other is the XP reward you are supposed to receive. However, unless somehow you are playing a different version of the game than others, the XP reward, even though present and looted, is NOT applied. It's there, you loot it, but you do NOT actually get it.

I'm not denying that others are not receiving the full reward of XP, I'm just saying that I am for some reason. I ran something like 6-8 alerts last night, and I checked all of the numbers on the XP bar to my next level, the actual bar itself to see if it moved, and my chat box which showed the rewards received. Everything checked out, and I was still receiving full XP.
    Here's an update with screenshots showing that I am receiving both parts of experience at the end of a Grab alert:

image.jpg

XP2.jpg
    I was testing today and got it on some characters and not on others. I have no idea what the connection is.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited June 2015
    Here's an update with screenshots showing that I am receiving both parts of experience at the end of a Grab alert:

image.jpg

XP2.jpg

Why does your screenshot show only the XP reward in the lootbox, and not the buff in the same box, as it is in game now?

Also why haven't the devs, mods, or anybody from Cryptic spared 5 minutes to let us know they're aware of the problem?
    edited June 2015
    Why does your screenshot show only the XP reward in the lootbox, and not the buff in the same box, as it is in game now?

I don't know. This is how it's been for me since yesterday (and forever), and it still is right now. I wish I knew why I'm still getting the end reward because that'd probably help the problem get fixed faster and possibly provide others with a workaround until that time.

I'll keep testing when I log back on later.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    It's intermittent, apparently. I looted 15k XP at the end of a Bank Robbery today, and it did indeed appear in my XP total as well.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!