What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So.. CO Forums are back up...

~Sighs in relief~.

Roger that Lime-Charlie, Bravo Six out.

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah but looking at them now...question rises...would it have been better off staying dead :persevere:
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    Such is the price of necromancy; you wind up with something unpleasant to be around.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    Yeah but looking at them now...question rises...would it have been better off staying dead :persevere:

Probably would have spared us some. Then again, at this point dunno why they didn't just wipe the CO forums, since nothing has been relevant in the past 3 or 4 years. :|
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Probably because they didn't want to give anyone the excuse to troll the other forums.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Well, considering that you're the living/undead mummified remains of an Egyptian goddess, only you can really answer that one.

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    Probably because they didn't want to give anyone the excuse to troll the other forums.

Reading this... while looking at your sig...

2425q2h.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    thanks for the headache from that flashing gif
    oh yay, for someone not using ARC to run game.

old forums
    1. find forum
    2. 2. login
    3. 3. post

New forum
    1.find forum,
    2.login at forum.
    3.get chucked to front page of ARC
    4.pick games tab
    5.go to second page for CO
    6.(ignoring blog on migration page) go to front page of forums
    7. go to menu section of forum
    8. into actual forums.

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

chaelk wrote: »

You're already ruining your eyes by looking at your monitor in the dark anyway.
  • Yep, forums are back up. And a big chunk of us lost access (AGAIN), the front page no longer shows updated threads/new threads, the ui is ugly and clunky, our avatars shrank to the size of a pea, and to get to the news forum takes 4 clicks farther than the like 7 it takes to log into the forum in the first place.

I mean jeeze, I used to admin a forum that was a spinoff of bioware's off-topic board for a good few years. We did board redesigns all the time, but I never *removed* features, and I sure as hell didn't force people to migrate before I was done setting them up. This is bad juju.

It really doesn't help that these are the most bare-bones, badly laid out vanilla forums I've ever encountered.
    In game I'm @eviltaco, aka chalupaoffury. Cryptic apparently loves making me change my name every 2 years or so.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    This forum is painful to use now.

If this page http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/categories/co could show their sub forums in them as well as the latest updated thread, it would be infinitely better.

2425q2h.jpg

wesker_president_motivational_by_outbreakgirl-d7fs4zd.jpg

Vote Wesker 2016

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..

2425q2h.jpg
    Reading this ^ ... while reading this v

What happened recently that you're so starved for attention anyways. Problems at home?
  • mildmanneredcalmildmanneredcal Posts: 10 Arc User

If this page http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/categories/co could show their sub forums in them as well as the latest updated thread, it would be infinitely better.

That would be one nice improvement. I really can't even believe how bad these forums are.

That would be one nice improvement. I really can't even believe how bad these forums are.

This forum actually manages to be worse than the WoW one. Thats well something.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

lights are on,otherwise, I can't see the keyboard. Why the heck would you watch the screen in the dark? Your pupils open wider due to the dark, then get hit with the light from the screen.
    That's a bad as wearing those silly sunglasses with only a small lens at the front but nothing to stop light coming in above or from the sides.
    I have anti glare coating on my glasses because my eyes are light sensitive. Let in too much light.
    One good thing about the new forums;
    one of our forum trolls will have to download ARC in order to continue posting.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

2425q2h.jpg
    Reading this ^ ... while reading this v

What happened recently that you're so starved for attention anyways. Problems at home?

8dc244e8b86507cfd35f5ff2b8159acba45829be708ba7e94d06c97880540591.jpg

lights are on,otherwise, I can't see the keyboard. Why the heck would you watch the screen in the dark? Your pupils open wider due to the dark, then get hit with the light from the screen.
    That's a bad as wearing those silly sunglasses with only a small lens at the front but nothing to stop light coming in above or from the sides.
    I have anti glare coating on my glasses because my eyes are light sensitive. Let in too much light.

Then my signature shouldn't actually bother you as long as you have the lights on and you wear your glasses. So no need to join the trolling.

So no need to join the trolling.

^ reading this, while looking at your sig.... it almost seems like you're trying to claim a monopoly...

So no need to join the trolling.

^ reading this, while looking at your sig.... it almost seems like you're trying to claim a monopoly...

2839428-8970142127-not-s.jpg
    You shouldn't talk about yourself that way kojiro.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Man, I'm gonna have a long list of stuff to report to TrailTurtle if I ever get moderator status again. This is going beyond simply just editing stuff out.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Man, I'm gonna have a long list of stuff to report to TrailTurtle if I ever get moderator status again. This is going beyond simply just editing stuff out.

The most amusing part is you going around flaccidly threatening everyone u.u yeah yeah I know, hellfire and brimstone once you get your admin powers back... I don't think anyone cares because nobody wants to even use these forums now.

Hell for all we know you'll go to moderate someone and it'll delete your own account the way things "work" around here...

Wow, that was just desperate. That doesn't even work on school playgrounds. I'm not even sure it's worthy of this reply.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Truth be told, I'm actually a little amazed TT hasn't popped up in here already. I think we're at least 2 pages past this being locked on the old boards.

Upside to the front page not showing recent posts, I guess. I can say you're all a bunch of poo juggling man-mattresses and nobody's gonna be able to stop me.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine

Wow, that was just desperate. That doesn't even work on school playgrounds. I'm not even sure it's worthy of this reply.

Irony abounds, especially in your posts.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    Here's the tape that ran through my head after reading your comment, Biff:

Curly - The day is gonna come, the day is gonna come, and when That day is gonna comes...

:: pause ::

Moe - Yeah?

Curly - The day is gonna come.

ZedBlock-200.jpg

Irony abounds, especially in your posts.

Oh... burn. I think that registered as almost one degree Celsius.
    Hey I just noticed ive posted more times than anyone else here....I need to get out more :persevere:
    Hey I just noticed ive posted more times than anyone else here....I need to get out more :persevere:

Challenge accepted.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • mildmanneredcalmildmanneredcal Posts: 10 Arc User
    Got your account working, Taco?
    edited June 2015

The most amusing part is you going around flaccidly threatening everyone u.u yeah yeah I know, hellfire and brimstone once you get your admin powers back... I don't think anyone cares because nobody wants to even use these forums now.

Hell for all we know you'll go to moderate someone and it'll delete your own account the way things "work" around here...

Threatening, fire and brimstone? You might be reading too much into it. Just making the observation, is all.

I'm not the one who does the banning, so that's all out of my hands.

Post edited by biffsmackwell on
    biffsig.jpg
    Oh yeah, since you mentioned my account getting deleted, for over a day I was completely locked out of the forum and unable to log in. Go new forums! :D
    biffsig.jpg
    Oh yeah, since you mentioned my account getting deleted, for over a day I was completely locked out of the forum and unable to log in. Go new forums! :D

Yeah. I imagine the day they actually expect you to try to start moderating around here again, the first time you push whatever buttons you need to push is gonna be a tense moment where you wonder if everything is just going to explode xD

And then it actually will explode. And everyone will blame you :|
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User

Yeah. I imagine the day they actually expect you to try to start moderating around here again, the first time you push whatever buttons you need to push is gonna be a tense moment where you wonder if everything is just going to explode xD

No no ... today is Tuesday. That is my day of blame.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »

No no ... today is Tuesday. That is my day of blame.

M. Bison would like to have a word with you.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We were Sure it hope it wasent because of the cosmic stream crossing event of Baby Metal and Yoshida Brothers
    doing Kiss covers.. ITs not a forum until we see Nephfy post ..[poor kitty sig picy shes broke]
    Got your account working, Taco?

Yeah, when they fixed the redirect it apparently kicked the busted accounts into operation again. Score, I actually didn't expect that. Historically, the outlook hasn't been good.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    HA Nicky D where are thee? in STO oh ooh... Remember Closed Beta when many times Team peeps could not log in from home for external access to test nights...[starts singing Show tunes Memories ..] For Nellie For TARA ! For Awen and STormy an Great Zincs Goat.. Indiegofyre..the nice peeps so many memories.. corners of the mind
    This is new growin pains.. Scattered pictures, Of the smiles we left behind.. The WAy we were :-)
    Best to you denizens of fishbowl white board Lair...