test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very Dark Indoor Missions

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited March 2010 in PC & Technical Issues
Most of my indoor tilesets/missions are VERY poorly lit, sometimes to the point that I cannot see. Ive tried messing with different shaders and lighting settings and it has no effect.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? I want to fix this WITHOUT turning up the Brightness if possible.

(My drivers are updated.)

Im running Windows 7 (on a mac)
My specs are as follows:
Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.0Ghz
2G Ram
GeForce 9400M 256 Graphics
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    My guess is that your monitor is calibrated badly, so that if a color is close to black, it displays it as black.

Random picture found by Google to check your monitor calibration:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/monitor_black.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and there should be a box that starts out black against a black background (so that you can't see it), and slowly gets lighter. You probably shouldn't be able to see clearly the box against the background when it says "(R, G, B) = (1, 1, 1)", but if you can't see a dark gray box as distinguished from the black background at about (20, 20, 20), then your monitor calibration is way off, and you should adjust it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Damn. =( This must not be it because I can see a difference at 1,1,1

Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If it's an obvious difference at (1, 1, 1), then your monitor is still calibrated badly, but just in the opposite direction. Even if the monitor displays the color perfectly, the human eye isn't sensitive enough to tell the difference between (1, 1, 1) and (0, 0, 0). Try going through the various monitor calibration steps here to see if you can improve it:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aha! Gamma correction!

Thanks a ton. :)

Sticky! I know a LOT of people that are experiencing this problem!