test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Fantasy Patch Notes

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Rather than contribute to the gloom and doom, I figured I'd try my hand at a list of notes I'd like to see come to be. A couple of caveats, first. I'm not an encyclopedia of what's broken, so I probably missed what you perceive as needing attention. Conversely, if you think I'm crazy in seeing something as needing a change, please try to be civil? I'm also assuming a lot of changes that PTS notes already cover (for example, Swallowtail Cut) will be implemented and I didn't reiterate them here.

Also, this is my fantasy thread. No need to post your own list here. Suggestions, sure...but if you want to hijack this into your own full-blown suggestion thread...go get your own fantasy!

So, join me for a moment in a happy thought. Who knows, they might read this and actually do some of this stuff!

General:
  • A soft cap has been placed on debuff abilities. Attacks will now result in diminished returns if their debuff damage has exceeded 180% of the pre-debuff damage roll.
  • Root and hold resistance buffs no longer stack or refresh when hit with subsequent roots/holds.
  • Certain environmental effects, such as fall damage and helicopter blades, have been changed to no longer do a % of a player's total health, but now do a flat amount of damage that is appropriate to the player's level which can be mitigated.
User Interface:
  • Added code to slotted toggles to fix an exploit that allowed two powers in the same slot (example, two hand slot weapons) to be fired concurrently.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to change Builds while ignoring the cooldown on Build changes.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed certain passives to be used outside their designated Role.
Crafting:
  • Qualarr Mutagen and Rampage Biologic now give a level appropriate amount of Offense instead of a multiplier to all damage. Recipe costs adjusted.
  • Atomic, Catalyst, and Primal enhancements now confer a 25% cost discount instead of the previous 33%.
  • Drop rates on the rare components for the initial tier of crafted travel powers increased.

Travel Powers:
  • Superjump and Rocket Jump now continue to mitigate fall damage while blocking. Their protection against fall damage while in combat increased, though the maximum height from a jump is the same as it was previously. This change should allow players to avoid fall damage if they enter combat while in mid-jump.
  • Teleport has been reworked. It now has a tap effect which allows the player to blink a given distance in the direction the camera is facing. The ability to vanish into "Teleport Space" now requires a full charge, and the user will drop back into "Real Space" at more regular intervals, but until the power is cancelled, the user will re-enter teleport automatically. Teleport also has unique and independent cooldown timers for both its tap and charge effects, and should no longer lock out your other travel powers.
  • Top end travel power speed increased slightly.

Powers:
  • Crippling Challenge's effects on players have been changed. It now prevents blocking for the first few seconds of its debuff (as it previously did) but subsequent applications now respect their own debuff, meaning the first challenge must fade before a new application can begin. This was done to allow players to use block powers they invested in, even if an opponent or opponents are using Crippling Challenge nonstop.
  • All Passive Defenses have been given a balancing pass. This is to bring Defenses closer to where they were prior to the September 1 launch patch, and back into line with the relative effectiveness of existing Offensive Passives.
  • All melee abilities have been given a balancing pass. In general, charge times have been reduced and damage increased slightly. Removed most of the cooldowns on melee powers across all frameworks.
  • All energy forms have been reworked. Previously, where they conferred a high percentage-based increase to "All Energy" or "All Elemental" damage, they now offer a smaller bonus to that general damage type, and an additional bonus to their specific 'flavor' of damage (i.e. Electrical form now gives a small bonus to All Energy damage in general and Electrical Damage specifically). The overall result should be that damage of the same type as the energy form should be slightly higher, but sources from outside that type will be lower.
  • All melee energy builders now produce a buff on the user and a debuff on the target. The user's buff reduces the damage of their ranged abilities, increases knockback resistance, and lasts 4 seconds. The targets's debuff produces a small but irresistable snare effect, a ranged damage debuff, and also lasts 4 seconds. Both of these effects can be refreshed, and do not stack from multiple sources, but the buff and debuff can be stacked on 1 target (i.e. 2 melee EB users attacking each other).
  • Cleaned up many tags across all frameworks. Many powers previously tagged as 'ranged' are now correctly identified as 'area of effect'.
Archery:
  • Strafe:Aversion: Now confers a 50% Dodge Bonus which procs more frequently, but with a shorter duration buff.
  • Explosive Arrow: Where's The Kaboom: Damage now scales correctly to charge time.
Gadgeteering:
  • Chainsaw Gauntlet: Damage decreased to be in line with other powers in this tier.
  • Miniaturization Drive: Now applies a Damage Debuff instead of a Damage Resistance Debuff.
  • Sonic Device: Cooldown restored to 18 seconds.
  • Added a common cooldown to all Gadgeteering on-next-hit effects.
Power Armor:
  • Chest Beam: Now applies a debuff that is specific to Energy Damage.
  • Concussor Beams: Reworked this power so that it no longer produces constant damage and an escalating repel effect. It now produces escalating damage and a small snare effect.
  • Concussor Beams:Frenetic Blast: Replaced with "Assault Mode" which causes the user of Concussor Beams to stand still and adds an escalating repel in addition to the damage and snare effects (similar to the way Concussors worked previously).
  • Eye Beams: Have been reworked so that they do more damage, but now cost a non-trivial amount of energy to use.
  • Laser Sword:Particle Acceleration: Now applies a debuff that is specific to Particle Damage.
  • Minigun:Teflon Rounds: No longer applies a debuff, but causes the minigun to produce escalating damage results through the maintain.
  • Power Gauntlet: Added code so that this power can only interrupt opponents once every 4 seconds.
Supernatural:
  • Aspect of the Dragon: Now produces a damage buff on the user instead of a damage debuff on the target.
  • Lash:Meteor Hammer: Can now produce a knockback at most once every 4 seconds.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Most of your stuff is nice, but:
    Sonic Device: Cooldown restored to 18 seconds.
    Added a common cooldown to all Gadgeteering on-next-hit effects.

The common cooldown makes 'Doctor Gizmo' type characters pretty non-viable - and Molecular Self-Assembly even more laughably weak. I'd rather have the 30 second cooldown on SD - which rewards High Int anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cenodo wrote:
    Most of your stuff is nice, but:

The common cooldown makes 'Doctor Gizmo' type characters pretty non-viable - and Molecular Self-Assembly even more laughably weak. I'd rather have the 30 second cooldown on SD - which rewards High Int anyway.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll admit, this looks a bit harsh on Gadgeteering characters at first, but the change is necessary and not crippling to the framework.

Molecular Self-Assembly might deserve to be changed into an unslotted passive, similar to Killer Instinct or Telepathic Reverberation.

That aside, gadgeteering on-next-hit effects are #2 behind buff/debuff stacking on the list of things that are causing damage spikes to be king in PvP and PvE. They need to be a bit more limited if any framework is ever going to be balanced. You can still pop them one after another, damage throughput wouldn't be altered at all. At worst, Gadgeteers can take nanos to stack the effects. They should need to use nanos to do this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Missions:
    • Citizen missions and nemesis missions are now shareable.
    • All instanced missions now scale to team size and level.
    • Random mission generator for citizen missions and nemesis missions.
    • Dozens of new tiles for instances.
    • Hundreds of new instance maps.
    • Crossover missions reward increased.
    • Mission log now has tabs for each team member's quests.
    • Mission log mission descriptions now show the other team member's position in the arc: before, at this mission, after this mission

Nemesis:
    • Added dependant, an NPC that depends on the champion. It could be a significant other, sibling, offspring, parent or friend. The player may design the dependant by him/herself. The dependant can be the subject for nemesis missions and random missions.
    • Added voice-acting to nemesis, male and female, with different sounds.
    • Missions are added and designed to fit the nemesis' personality.
    • More personalities added.
    • Henchmen appearance editable.
    • Nemesis appearance editable.
    • Tickets for editing nemesis and henchmen after the fact can be bought for Nemesis points.

Supergroups:
    • Supergroup bases added.
    • Supergroup missions added.
    • Improved supergroup UI.
    • Added supergroup calendar.
    • Supergroup PvP added.
    • Campaign mode introduced: supergroups can now slug it out in a long campaign or vendetta of a set number of battles
    • Supergroup PvP battles or campaigns can have stakes, set by both groups.

UI:
    • Lots of optimizations.
    • Added custom chat windows. Player can now add chat windows and link channels to each window.
    • Persuaded Microsoft to make a Windows driver for the Xbox 360 chatpad; support for that added to the game.
    • Missions are now selectable and shareable by clicking on them in the mission tracker. Just double-click a mission to set primary or to share it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow imagine the state of the game if these were the notes on PTS, with one addition:

* Added a difficulty slider for game play

/signed

Edit:
    And it would be nice if the PA debuffs gave a debuff for particle damage. Actually all debuffs being this specific would be a major improvement. Additionally some mechanic that does not allow for crowd controls to be chained might be a general fix that covers a bunch of little problems in this regard.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey Kitty, thanks for the thoughtful additions. I really was focussing on the mechanics in place more than the niceties that could be, and I appreciate having my suggestions fleshed out. Particularly this bit:
    Added dependant, an NPC that depends on the champion. It could be a significant other, sibling, offspring, parent or friend. The player may design the dependant by him/herself. The dependant can be the subject for nemesis missions and random missions.

Wow, I had almost totally forgotten this aspect of paper and pencil Champions! It would be a great addition, and a great stepping stone to new content. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I'll admit, this looks a bit harsh on Gadgeteering characters at first, but the change is necessary and not crippling to the framework.

Molecular Self-Assembly might deserve to be changed into an unslotted passive, similar to Killer Instinct or Telepathic Reverberation.

That aside, gadgeteering on-next-hit effects are #2 behind buff/debuff stacking on the list of things that are causing damage spikes to be king in PvP and PvE. They need to be a bit more limited if any framework is ever going to be balanced. You can still pop them one after another, damage throughput wouldn't be altered at all. At worst, Gadgeteers can take nanos to stack the effects. They should need to use nanos to do this.

I would like Molecular Self-Assembly kept as a passive, but just buffed up (much stronger healing and more energy gain). It would be nice to have a technological variant of regeneration (PFF is sorta neutral) - and basing it on cooldown times is an interesting hook. Makes for a 'techno-terror' T-1000 type feeling.

The current high cooldown on Nanobot Swarm (not to mention the energy cost) doesn't really make it a viable 'core' power, more like an afterthought or special-use power, like Ice Barrier.

My solution would be to make on-next-hit damage powers unaffected by most damage self-buffs - at the moment, it's a no-brainer for any damage orientated character to pop Sonic Device with an energy sheath and whatever else. This still makes them useful - as tactical devices, not as dps-pushers - and means characters which focus on them (at the expense of energy forms or whatever) aren't punished.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cenodo wrote:
    My solution would be to make on-next-hit damage powers unaffected by most damage self-buffs - at the moment, it's a no-brainer for any damage orientated character to pop Sonic Device with an energy sheath and whatever else. This still makes them useful - as tactical devices, not as dps-pushers - and means characters which focus on them (at the expense of energy forms or whatever) aren't punished.

Interesting that you mention Sheath effects. At one point, those didn't share a common cooldown. Then someone woke up and realized, "hey, this is way too powerful".

Well, guess what? For exactly the same reason that energy sheath stacking is "way too powerful", on-next-hit effect stacking is also "way too powerful".

I still fail to see the concern. You can still pop 2 on-next-hit effects in even the briefest of engagements (you can actually land 2 within seconds of each other if you know what you are doing, even with a common cooldown, no nans needed). Nanites would allow your burst damage output to increase significantly in the same time frame that a sheath would. And, oh yeah...you can just use a sheath to up the damage from any given effect, as you mentioned. Why remove that rather than just use it?

It sounds like you're trying to shoehorn Gadgeteers into your chosen build. That's not my intent, I'm going for balance. Without this change, you can effectively pop all your on-next-hits, use them, then pop nanos, and do it all over again in just a few seconds. Shenanigans!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    These lists of fixes would almost make it seem like there was a dev team working on CO. That's entirely unrealistic. Even for people playing guys who can break brick walls with their head while wearing tights in a video game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lothos666 wrote:
    These lists of fixes would almost make it seem like there was a dev team working on CO. That's entirely unrealistic. Even for people playing guys who can break brick walls with their head while wearing tights in a video game.

You may say I'm a dreamer,
    But I'm not the only one.
    I hope someday, you'll join us
    And the world can be as one.

;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    You may say I'm a dreamer,
    But I'm not the only one.
    I hope someday, you'll join us
    And the world can be as one.

;)

Sometimes I wonder if John was a member of the Borg....:p

Some interesting concepts throughout this...I do like the idea of putting in a hard mode...make things more challenging. As far as gadgetry goes....I personally think OnH needs a Major overhaul. As it stands, its never even been an interest from me to try them in any serious context. I'd honestly rather making them all ray gun attacks..My combat flow is all wrong to use them as they are now.

Dependents definitely need an intro into the game...kind of surprised we don't have those allready. Of course, I'd like a madlb style format for writing Nemesis missions too...Probably use a random word generator for it :D

As far as the other powers go...I honestly wish Cryptic would stop screwing with Everything else, and Just work on melee for the moment. Everything else is a papercut next to it...Making a 1 point advantage that lets most melee attacks snare would be aweome...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As far as gadgetry goes....I personally think OnH needs a Major overhaul. As it stands, its never even been an interest from me to try them in any serious context. I'd honestly rather making them all ray gun attacks..My combat flow is all wrong to use them as they are now.
    You, sir, need to adjust your flow, because at the moment, they are a gravy-train of win. Try them with any cylinder-type attack. The results won't disappoint. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    You, sir, need to adjust your flow, because at the moment, they are a gravy-train of win. Try them with any cylinder-type attack. The results won't disappoint. :p

Heh. Yeah, I'm used to that response...I'm not actually out to cause the most ammount of damage possible in the fastest possible time...Quite the contrary actually. I wish fights with MoBs lasted Longer. The game is already too easy without being able to one hit anyone I'd like.

I know, not the typical philosphy for a gamer...but I actually tend to view combat like music, playing the energy builder, building up to a higher attack, firing, going back down to energy builder, then varying the tune...Its hard to explain...but I love doing the patterns. OnH just throw off the rhythm for me...I've taken them several times, and honestly found them way too tedius to use. Generally retconned out of them after about a level.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know how I know these would never get done by Cryptic?

Your archery changes did not contain a Nerf to Sonic Arrow along with whatever other changes you implement. Fix that please.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Superchum wrote:
    You know how I know these would never get done by Cryptic?

Your archery changes did not contain a Nerf to Sonic Arrow along with whatever other changes you implement. Fix that please.

What do you suggest?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    What do you suggest?

Hmmmm. I'm thinking either another tweak to Deadly Dissonance (like reducing the area of effect a bit more?) Or a reduction in the power's hold strength making enemies break out of it quicker. Or a change to the fully charged damage, bringing it down JUST A SMIDGE further.

Any or all of those changes would elicit the bitterness and eye-rolling that I've come to expect from Cryptic devs who handle Sonic Arrow.

:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Heh. Yeah, I'm used to that response...I'm not actually out to cause the most ammount of damage possible in the fastest possible time...Quite the contrary actually. I wish fights with MoBs lasted Longer. The game is already too easy without being able to one hit anyone I'd like.

I know, not the typical philosphy for a gamer...but I actually tend to view combat like music, playing the energy builder, building up to a higher attack, firing, going back down to energy builder, then varying the tune...Its hard to explain...but I love doing the patterns. OnH just throw off the rhythm for me...I've taken them several times, and honestly found them way too tedius to use. Generally retconned out of them after about a level.

This is truth. I hate it when characters blow through everything with one power. A ballet of powers is much more satisfying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cenodo wrote:
    This is truth. I hate it when characters blow through everything with one power. A ballet of powers is much more satisfying.

I hate how some people feel the need to impose their play styles upon others. If a player is happy spamming the same damn attack for hours on end, shut your mouth, he isn't telling you to play that way.

This game gives freedoms, and all I see is post after post of people wanting to force their way of playing upon it. Right now you can play any damn way you choose, if you want to do a ballet, that is awesome, I have characters to do that and they are fun. I am also not so shallow that when I see some other player just spamming an attack that I want them to be forced to play my way, their play style does not diminish mine.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am also not so shallow that when I see some other player just spamming an attack that I want them to be forced to play my way, their play style does not diminish mine.

This.

Though on that note, I also shouldn't be 1-shotting tough Henchmen just as the rest of my team is getting their energy builders warmed up in a 5-man instance. A little balancing might bring a bit of ballet to everyone's game. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I read this over and over...

Just cause it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...

I would add something onto the Supernatural re: Aspects though.

I'm gonna read it again...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I read this over and over...

Just cause it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...

I'm gonna read it again...

That's the nicest thing I've heard all day. Thanks.

And please, do add suggestions to Supernatural or anything else you feel needs some meat. I don't think it hurts to try to put ideas out there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No really...any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I like this thread. Very constructive feedback!

More on Supergroups:
    • Increased Rank Divisions from (4) to (8)
    • Added Last-On Date to Supergroup UI
    • Added Log to track various changes and events
    • Added Various Supergroup Perks
    • Added Raid Group Style interface for managing large groups (see also, Raids)
    • Added "Send Mail to All Supergroup Members" button, with additional check boxes to filter by rank
    • Increased Member limit cap based on Supergroup Lifespan. Cap will be increased to 500 for groups with a lifespan of six months, and will increase by 100 for each three months thereafter, with an overall maximum of 1500 members.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ghost wrote:
    I like this thread. Very constructive feedback!
    I like your feedback. Very constructive thread!

Thanks, and I agree...those would be some great additions.

Not so sure the supergroup size thing is going to be an issue though...unless you want everyone online in one supergroup. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    New Fantasy Content to be included:

Level 40-50
    In an attempt to stop Dr Destroyers new plan to rule the world the heroes have fallen for a tramp. Leaving the City in chaos and ruin. Citizens blamed the heroes as the overall cause of such devastation. Calling on Mayor Bissell to enforce a no Hero law before more destruction happens. The Enforcers have been called to duty, to round up all Super Heroes for crimes against humanity. Will the Heroes be able to stop Dr Destroyers true plans before it is too late? Will they be able stay clear of the Enforcers and win back the public support? Time will tell.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MonzterJoe wrote:
    New Fantasy Content to be included:

Level 40-50

Nope! Level 41-50 is fail. Put content in the levels that exist, thx. I already know the next number past 40 is 41. What I don't know is what I am doing playing a game that's got no content within those numbers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would like to be able to murder citizens that interrupt my typing. This is a very important feature.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    Not so sure the supergroup size thing is going to be an issue though...unless you want everyone online in one supergroup. :p

With patches like these, I would expect the population to increase...

I can dream, right? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quixotic1 wrote:
    Rather than contribute to the gloom and doom, I figured I'd try my hand at a list of notes I'd like to see come to be. A couple of caveats, first. I'm not an encyclopedia of what's broken, so I probably missed what you perceive as needing attention. Conversely, if you think I'm crazy in seeing something as needing a change, please try to be civil? I'm also assuming a lot of changes that PTS notes already cover (for example, Swallowtail Cut) will be implemented and I didn't reiterate them here.

Also, this is my fantasy thread. No need to post your own list here. Suggestions, sure...but if you want to hijack this into your own full-blown suggestion thread...go get your own fantasy!

So, join me for a moment in a happy thought. Who knows, they might read this and actually do some of this stuff!

General:
    • A soft cap has been placed on debuff abilities. Attacks will now result in diminished returns if their debuff damage has exceeded 180% of the pre-debuff damage roll.
    • Root and hold resistance buffs no longer stack or refresh when hit with subsequent roots/holds.
    • Certain environmental effects, such as fall damage and helicopter blades, have been changed to no longer do a % of a player's total health, but now do a flat amount of damage that is appropriate to the player's level which can be mitigated.
    User Interface:
    • Added code to slotted toggles to fix an exploit that allowed two powers in the same slot (example, two hand slot weapons) to be fired concurrently.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to change Builds while ignoring the cooldown on Build changes.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed certain passives to be used outside their designated Role.
    Crafting:
    • Qualarr Mutagen and Rampage Biologic now give a level appropriate amount of Offense instead of a multiplier to all damage. Recipe costs adjusted.
    • Atomic, Catalyst, and Primal enhancements now confer a 25% cost discount instead of the previous 33%.
    • Drop rates on the rare components for the initial tier of crafted travel powers increased.

Travel Powers:
    • Superjump and Rocket Jump now continue to mitigate fall damage while blocking. Their protection against fall damage while in combat increased, though the maximum height from a jump is the same as it was previously. This change should allow players to avoid fall damage if they enter combat while in mid-jump.
    • Teleport has been reworked. It now has a tap effect which allows the player to blink a given distance in the direction the camera is facing. The ability to vanish into "Teleport Space" now requires a full charge, and the user will drop back into "Real Space" at more regular intervals, but until the power is cancelled, the user will re-enter teleport automatically. Teleport also has unique and independent cooldown timers for both its tap and charge effects, and should no longer lock out your other travel powers.
    • Top end travel power speed increased slightly.

Powers:
    • Crippling Challenge's effects on players have been changed. It now prevents blocking for the first few seconds of its debuff (as it previously did) but subsequent applications now respect their own debuff, meaning the first challenge must fade before a new application can begin. This was done to allow players to use block powers they invested in, even if an opponent or opponents are using Crippling Challenge nonstop.
    • All Passive Defenses have been given a balancing pass. This is to bring Defenses closer to where they were prior to the September 1 launch patch, and back into line with the relative effectiveness of existing Offensive Passives.
    • All melee abilities have been given a balancing pass. In general, charge times have been reduced and damage increased slightly. Removed most of the cooldowns on melee powers across all frameworks.
    • All energy forms have been reworked. Previously, where they conferred a high percentage-based increase to "All Energy" or "All Elemental" damage, they now offer a smaller bonus to that general damage type, and an additional bonus to their specific 'flavor' of damage (i.e. Electrical form now gives a small bonus to All Energy damage in general and Electrical Damage specifically). The overall result should be that damage of the same type as the energy form should be slightly higher, but sources from outside that type will be lower.
    • All melee energy builders now produce a buff on the user and a debuff on the target. The user's buff reduces the damage of their ranged abilities, increases knockback resistance, and lasts 4 seconds. The targets's debuff produces a small but irresistable snare effect, a ranged damage debuff, and also lasts 4 seconds. Both of these effects can be refreshed, and do not stack from multiple sources, but the buff and debuff can be stacked on 1 target (i.e. 2 melee EB users attacking each other).
    • Cleaned up many tags across all frameworks. Many powers previously tagged as 'ranged' are now correctly identified as 'area of effect'.
    Archery:
    • Strafe:Aversion: Now confers a 50% Dodge Bonus which procs more frequently, but with a shorter duration buff.
    • Explosive Arrow: Where's The Kaboom: Damage now scales correctly to charge time.
    Gadgeteering:
    • Chainsaw Gauntlet: Damage decreased to be in line with other powers in this tier.
    • Miniaturization Drive: Now applies a Damage Debuff instead of a Damage Resistance Debuff.
    • Sonic Device: Cooldown restored to 18 seconds.
    • Added a common cooldown to all Gadgeteering on-next-hit effects.
    Power Armor:
    • Chest Beam: Now applies a debuff that is specific to Energy Damage.
    • Concussor Beams: Reworked this power so that it no longer produces constant damage and an escalating repel effect. It now produces escalating damage and a small snare effect.
    • Concussor Beams:Frenetic Blast: Replaced with "Assault Mode" which causes the user of Concussor Beams to stand still and adds an escalating repel in addition to the damage and snare effects (similar to the way Concussors worked previously).
    • Eye Beams: Have been reworked so that they do more damage, but now cost a non-trivial amount of energy to use.
    • Laser Sword:Particle Acceleration: Now applies a debuff that is specific to Particle Damage.
    • Minigun:Teflon Rounds: No longer applies a debuff, but causes the minigun to produce escalating damage results through the maintain.
    • Power Gauntlet: Added code so that this power can only interrupt opponents once every 4 seconds.
    Supernatural:
    • Aspect of the Dragon: Now produces a damage buff on the user instead of a damage debuff on the target.
    • Lash:Meteor Hammer: Can now produce a knockback at most once every 4 seconds.

glad its just a fantasy list and while were at it lets just nerf every power since you know we cant have powers that are better than others that would be just terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sulaa wrote:
    glad its just a fantasy list and while were at it lets just nerf every power since you know we cant have powers that are better than others that would be just terrible.

Actually, that's exactly what we have now, and yes, it's pretty terrible.

There are tiers of powers, synergies within and between frameworks, fully customizable stats and gear...there's a lot of variables that would come into play even if every power were functionally identical. And no one's asking for that. Just a little balance so that, let's say, 10 power picks and 30 advantages sunk into a Fire build will be as attractive as the same allocation in an Electric or Power Armor build.

Out of curiousity, what is your main that you have such ire for the list that you can't even contain your frustration long enough to throw a little formatting and punctuation into your reply? :p

Edit: Nevermind. I looked you up on Champedia. You have strafe on nearly all your toons. I guess that's what got your goat. Well...sorry, but that's a well-known imbalance, and probably not long for this world whether I posted this or not.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    like the buffs, hate the nerfs.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I like your list in general.

Probably the only thing that would bother me is your change to roots/holds. If anything, roots/holds are too strong currently ... they really don't need to be buffed. Maybe a specific power needs to be buffed, but there is absolutely no need to buff roots/holds in general.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I love that dependant idea. I want to rescue my wife from my nemesis. Or my dog, or parrot or something. If you have an opposite (or same for that matter) sex partner as your dependant, you should dramatically kiss them at the end of the mission, as a little heart shape focuses in on the mission before you port back to town.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PaulMorel wrote:
    I like your list in general.

Probably the only thing that would bother me is your change to roots/holds. If anything, roots/holds are too strong currently ... they really don't need to be buffed. Maybe a specific power needs to be buffed, but there is absolutely no need to buff roots/holds in general.

That bit about root/hold resistances stacking is not really a buff to roots and holds (at least I don't think so). If you've played around with Telepathy, you might notice that certain powers like Ego Blast are self-defeating. You can tag a target with it, they get stunned, the stun breaks, they get a resistance buff. That's all fine and normal. Keep tagging them with it, however, and you'll begin refreshing and stacking that resistance to Ego Blast. That's frustrating, especially when you use the Mind Opener advantage (rewards you for taps), and synergies like Telepathic Reverb rely on that Hold in order to do their job.

One's own powers shouldn't work against themselves; your powers should always feel helpful. The resistance should apply, but after that first dose expires, the target should be vulnerable again. I don't think resistances were intended to be an indefinite "get out of all holds" pass, and if they were, they should reconsider. It's pretty crummy just solo, in groups it only gets worse.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Coustomization:
    All previusly unlockable costoume options aside from event content is unlocked.
    Martal Arts: Claws now has a 'clawed hand' option, which locks the charicters hands into the posistion used in the first segment of the supernatural energy builder animation. As mentioned above, this is open to all players.
    All sets: Previusly used animation sets for a given power which have been phased out are now selectable again through the 'Animation' tab of power coustomization, along with many animations previusly used on other similar powers being open to use. [In example, the celestal energy builder can now use any of the animations for Fire, or even the options for telepathy]

Defensive Changes:
    All Block powers now have the same resistances to damage at a given rank, with a bonius to resist the primary damage type of their power set.
    All Defensive passives and their asscociated active power are now considered universal, counting as a choise in all power sets when taken, this results in said powers being open to multiple power set builds much sooner. Lightning Reflexes effectivness against attacks with an animation time below 1 second is now equal to its effectiveness against an attack requiring 1 second to execute. Personal Force Field applys its absorbtion after blocking.

Currently on Public Test: Defensive Passive preformance is now keyed to your superstats, rather then a specific stat(s) for each power.

Melee Changes: Due to extensive revamping of the role which melee powers (and their sets) play, all players have been issued a ret con. Please see below.
    General Presentation note: Use of an attack from a diffrent set, such as Inexorable Tides following a use of Duel Blades does not cause the users weapons to vanish.
    Duel Blades: Due to the preformance of this set, it has seen the least changes. The offensive passive is now a constant rather then slotted effect, similar to the gunslinger equivalent. Duel Blades plays the role of multi target damage, as it has previusly.
    Unarmed: Several animation options are now selectable for Rightus Fists. The offensive passive is now a constant rather then slotted effect. Unarmed now plays the role of energy efficent damage, having a blend of spike and sustained attacks at low energy costs. Unarmed now has acess to a PBAoE power the changed Inexorable Tides.
    Claws: The shredded effect now applys on each strike of Vipers Fangs, and a new perk allows Hawk's Talons to stack this debuff as well. (Subject to the debuff capping mentioned above) The offensive passive is now a constant rather then slotted effect. In addition the offensive passive now provides a resistance pearcing effect instead, effecting both damage -N and damage -N% resistance. Claws now fills the role of damage against highly resistant targets, its damage starting middling, and due to effects rising. Claws now has acess to the cone AoE power Wolverenes Flurry.
    Single Blade: All Bleed effects now deal their damage over 2 seconds, while remaining for their previus duration for power synergy reasons. The offensive passive is now a constant rather then slotted effect. The power Eye of the Storm has been ported over to Single Blade, with a new animation option depicting only 1 weapon. Single Blade now fills the role of single target spike damage, high energy cost for high damage.
    Might: All Might powers which posses a knock back componant now allow toggle of this effect via a 0 point advantage. (With the notable exceptions of those with range or aoe componants like hurl and stomp)

Specific Note concerning Telekenesis: Due to this set being a combonation of ranged and melee abilitys, some of the melee changes will only apply to specific abilitys.
    Kenetic Dart is now joined by Ego Knife, a new energy builder melee in the telekenesis line. (We are aware that many players will wish to see elemental melee power sets, please have patence) Ego Knife is subject to the melee changes, while Kenetic Dart is not.
    Ego Weaponry, Ego Blade Frenzy, Ego Blade Breach, and Ego Annihlation are subject to all the effects of being melee powers, and their changes.
    Ego Form: No longer provides enhanced ego damage, but still provides duel blades and ego damage scaling on Ego melee powers, including Ego Knife. Increased resistance benifits somewhat, and extended it to most damage types. (Invincability will remain the premere damage resistance option.)
    Currently on Public Test: Ego Form as a passive similar to the Focus line from Martal Arts, without the Resistance benifit. (The Development team was equally divided on implamentation.)
    Telekenesis: Now functions as a targeted damage power (impact) in addition to its previus function. Lifted Objects follow the player as a manually lifed one does, and impose the same restrictions.

Supernatural:
    Aspect powers now occupy a specific slot, and their effects have been revamped, noteably each provides a colored effect when they proc. (Proc rates may require adjustment)
    Cloud of Flies: Now causes enemys to lose health instead of healing but only effects targets in melee range. (PvP effect: Cuts all healing by 2/3s)

Assorted Power Changes:
    Pallate: Now enhances the users presence instead of the targets.
    Holdout Pistol: Stimpack advantage effect increased to moderate stregnth, HoT component unchanged.
    Circle Powers: All non summoning Circle powers have had their size increased drastically, and have the 1 point advantage "Stand With Me" Conveying some of their effect to team mates within them. (Radiant Glory excepted, until the programming can be completed.)
    Sigils of Radiant Scantuary is now a toggle PBAoE stealth buff effect that is maintained, but not interrupted by damage. (Knockdown/back/up, and holds will disrupt this)
    Seriphim: The power has been divided into two modes. Judgement has a increased offensive enhancement componant, while Redemption has increased healing effect. The defensive benifits remain in both, and either setting can be slotted in your passive slot at a time. The effects now all scale with presense.
    Conviction: is now a targeted buff usable on allys.
    Iniquity: Now has a secondary funtion , when used on enemys, inflicts damage.
    All revive powers: are now usable in combat.
    Field Drones: Now use a PBAoE healng ability and can be assigned to follow other team members.
    Empathic Healing: is now a click to use ability on a cooldown, which provides a HoT, rather then direct healing, and is not targetable on yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My dream path note would be something like

Cloud of flies now deals more damage increased to X from X.
    Cloud of flies now leeches health off opponents within range for an amount equal to the damage done.

I love and use cloud of flies all the time....but still needs a bit of a boost
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    All melee energy builders now produce a buff on the user and a debuff on the target. The user's buff reduces the damage of their ranged abilities, increases knockback resistance, and lasts 4 seconds. The targets's debuff produces a small but irresistable snare effect, a ranged damage debuff, and also lasts 4 seconds. Both of these effects can be refreshed, and do not stack from multiple sources, but the buff and debuff can be stacked on 1 target (i.e. 2 melee EB users attacking each other).
    Love this. Would be a really nice first step towards making melee worth playing.