test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lemuria broken. -Everyone having Server Not responding every minute in Lemuria

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Gameplay Bugs
Everyone in Lemuria is experiencing really frequent Server not Respondings.
Its literally play for a minute or two and then server not responding for 30 seconds.

Looks like a problem with the new patch?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, lagmuria is back in a big way.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was able to confirm this problem.
    It's not happening to me as often, but it is happening, usually when I was in combat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, it's ridiculous honestly. It's a constant frustration at best, and completely unplayable at times. I'm really hoping they fix this fast. . .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't even log on to the Lemuria server. I've got my main character stuck there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This issue has become unplayable now. Another player, @feets and I, have been swimming from the abyss for close to 30 minutes and are barely halfway across the map. I am unable to even get my character out of Lemuria, and we have heard NOTHING from a GM, developer, server administrator, or even a commmunity rep.

We pay for this, at least respond.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can confirm this as well. It is to the point that I cannot even move, just rubber band back to the same location. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon, my main is now stuck in Lemuria. Oh well, off to play an alt (good thing I have a serious case of altitis)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i've got the same problem....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well its now day three I haven't been able to access my toon in Lemuria and constant checking of the forums to see if any of the team have posted any update or even acknowledgement of the problem but zip.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lemuria is doing this so often i cannot level or quest here and is preventing me from progressing in the game.

THIS IS A GAMEBREAKING BUG THAT NEEDS INSTANTANEOUSLY FIXING, QUIT ABANDONING AND START FIXING
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Agreed this is something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I hate the zone as it is due to petpathing, but with the warping the zone is unplayable.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Developers or Server Administrators:
    It has been three days, I know of at least 50 submitted tickets and more than one post on the forums. Please show your paying customers the respect and at least acknowledge this gamebreaking issue. I have never seen a community communication from a game team that is this lacking. You post on other subjects, so post here.

At least tell us you have no idea what is going on and no way to fix it, that is still better than being ignored.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't even log on to the Lemuria server. QUOTE]

This^
    goin on 24 hours now myself, no reply from in game support or a gm.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lemuria resources are being used to power up Klingon brewery....And Romulan hairsalong....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am a huge fan of this game and have personally gotten 4 other people to play... but come on, this is ridiculous. If you can;t fix it, at least acknowledge in the forums that you give a crap!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My main is now stuck in Lemuria, I know her skin is way past "pruney" from her long exposure to the ocean. Just like my attitude has gone from tolerant to pretty annoyed over the past three days. Is anyone even looking at this issue? If in the process of fixing this you put a "Clarance" backpack in my inventory, I won't tell anyone! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I also have a Char stuck in lemuria as of 4 hours ago. No in game support and it doesnt look hopeful. It saddens me to see others that have been waiting days to get this resolved.

Whats going on ? is the support that bad in this game they dont even care ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I haven't found the support really bad until this issue, I am pretty surprised that they haven't posted something about this issue while they try to figure it out. Or at least disable Lemuria so no one else gets stuck there. Usually I have gotten a very good response to any problems I have had. So I am not sure what is going on!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok posted my 15th Ticket in the past 8 hours. Not one single reply :(

I just want to play my Char and not have to level up a twink while i wait. but why am i waiting.. 8 hours for a stuck char.. its unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    People are reporting that they have no problem at all in Lemuria.

So It looks like its an isolated problem and we are SoL folks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't think this is all that isolated, I got to the zone after doing the crisis and there were at least four other people in the starting area talking about the frequent "Server Not Responding" messages and struggling to get to the minisub to leave. I admit this is anecdotal evidence but it still looks bad.

I'm low on missions and was excited to line up a bunch and knock them out but it won't happen until this is fixed, please get on it tech people.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm having this problem, as well. Server Not Responding, *very* regularly, only in this zone. Other zones are fine.

Maybe it's related to the proxy settings in the launcher? Normally, I play through the US proxy, but I recently started having trouble logging on through it. Perhaps folks that go through the proxy are not affected by this problem?

If we can find a common thread for the folks that are having the problem vs. those who aren't, it'll help Cryptic fix it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm...I'd assumed all content was on servers in the same location. Could there be something unique about the specific servers for Lemuria? Don't even know if the server implementation would make that possible.

Aside from that, the, as I understand it, unique graphical demands for Lemuria made me think it could be a video driver issue or interaction with some hardware or Windows versions and utility software resulting in network drivers or the game's network code losing CPU time (maybe it was made more fragile in this regard in a recent patch..speaking of which, anyone else get a mini-patch to Live yesterday?).

It is odd that some have no problems.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same with me. My main char is stuck and cannot get out! I've had "Server not responding" for a week, but I've been chugging along with my rubberbanding anyway. Unfortunately I logged out while still in the ocean and now when I try to log back in I receive this message: "Game cannot connect to server." All my other chars in different areas are fine logging in. Also, there's only one Lemuria instance...strange...Please help!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lemuria is unplayable 100% of time i go there it lags intermittenly and ruins any attempt at functional combat.

My main toon has been stuck for 30 mins now 40 feet from the sub. when i decided to look at forums

and im quite annoyed to see that so many peopel report the problem! and not a single response from developers!!!

if i dont have my toon out in resonable time im gonna call this quits and go find me a game that actually works.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same deal. Character stuck in Lemuria. Yay.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TheKillaim wrote:
    and im quite annoyed to see that so many peopel report the problem! and not a single response from developers!!!

too busy on STO open beta...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My main is now stuck in the sub. Can't port out, can't get into the actual zone. Just rubberbanding every time I try to move.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My main is also trapped in Lemuria, unable to log on at all due to the SERVER NOT RESPONDING causing the client to time out at the loading screen. Ticket #433382 has been opened, but I've yet to get even so much as a generic auto-response...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Where in Lemuira are your characters when you experience the Server Not Responding?

I dove into the ocean to try and experience this problem myself and I found that I had almost no lag. Sure there were little hiccups here and there but nothing that would cause this kind of outrage. I swam from the back of the Abyss all the way up to the Aegir with no problems. I swam through the jellyfish jungle, past the ghost ship, between the massive kelp trees, and I did not have any Server Not Responding issues.

On last Weds, Thurs, and now today (sun) I have been trying to find the lag so I can some how make a bug report about it, and I simply have not seen it. Which made my first reaction to consider it having to do with the graphical issue (Lem is more intense then the other zones, If you go to the advanced options of of the video settings you will be able to turn off the "water" effect in Lemuria), but then I found something interesting.

On top of the Aegir is a fight between Lemurians and some Scuba divers. These mobs continually respawn, and if not kept in check could end up in huge amounts. I am curious if these mobs are the cause of the lag, I was able to experience the SNR issue, but only when I was around the Aegir.

Could these constantly respawning mobs be the cause of all this? I am not sure. Being a GM my magical powers are limited to mapmoving your characters out of the zone you are stuck in, so submit a stuck ticket and we will get your character(s) out.

We (as in us) are going to get some people to look at this. Even if I can't see it, you can see it so that makes it real.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The first couple times I experienced it after the last patch it was all over the place and it was when Lemuria was pretty freshly spawned (within an hour of the patch going up). In particular I think I was heading over to a unity mission (most likely the one over by the kelp, forgot the name). Though I also would have gotten it later going to other unity missions later that day.

A couple days later I tried it again, and only got one small hiccup near Aegir. I haven't been in there since though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was roughly just west of the aegir, near the ocean floor where you collect parts for the sub. There was a grp of those large constructs fighting that i attacked when i first had the problem of getting stuck
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so submit a stuck ticket and we will get your character(s) out.

QFT

I checked on some of the tickets you guys submitted about your characters, and they were bug tickets. Bug tickets go to a different department who filters through them and reports the bugs to the devs. A magical as our powers are as GMs they do not stretch that far.

Submit a stuck ticket with the name of the character you need moved and we will be able to move you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    On my side, I can even not log with the character that is in Lemuria (Game server connection failed). Other chars are ok (and in other locations)...

I have experienced the same problem with my character. grrr

wrote:
    Submit a stuck ticket with the name of the character you need moved and we will be able to move you.
    As I am new to this game and it's inner workings could u please instruct me on how to submit a stuck ticket so that i may insure my ticket is submitted correctly, finding it's way to the proper ppl, so that my issue may be resolved in a timely manner? ty in advance for ur help!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was just playing and I am getting the server disconnecting error very frequently as well, though I am not stuck in the zone

it only happens in Lemuria, I had no problems in any other zone
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Indigo. I just sent a stuck report. I was having the server not responding issue everywhere in Lemuria; inside the Aegir, out in the ocean, when I'm fighting, when I'm standing still, etc. At one point there where about 10 of us that where trying to get to the mini-sub to get out and we just kept rubber-banding back and forth and couldn't get close to it. I also tried turning off the water effect and then trying to log in and still couldn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've gotten the Server Not Responding message pretty much everywhere I went in Lemuria. Earlier today it was happening every few minutes and lasting a very short time pretty consistently wherever I was but it got really, really bad about twenty minutes ago when I was heading to the Aegir to leave the zone. Took around ten minutes to go the last 100 yards, get into the hangar and board the mini-sub.

No problems in other zones.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I get the server not responding all over Lemuria. I do not get it anywhere else in the game. I can get in and out with no problem. The SNR starts immediatly and continues the whole time. I first get a rubber band studder, then SNR, then a giant rubber band. When in combat when this happens I cannot do damage, but can still take damage. then at the end I fire off about 50 shots (button mashing catch up).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Where in Lemuira are your characters when you experience the Server Not Responding?

I dove into the ocean to try and experience this problem myself and I found that I had almost no lag. Sure there were little hiccups here and there but nothing that would cause this kind of outrage. I swam from the back of the Abyss all the way up to the Aegir with no problems. I swam through the jellyfish jungle, past the ghost ship, between the massive kelp trees, and I did not have any Server Not Responding issues.

On last Weds, Thurs, and now today (sun) I have been trying to find the lag so I can some how make a bug report about it, and I simply have not seen it. Which made my first reaction to consider it having to do with the graphical issue (Lem is more intense then the other zones, If you go to the advanced options of of the video settings you will be able to turn off the "water" effect in Lemuria), but then I found something interesting.

On top of the Aegir is a fight between Lemurians and some Scuba divers. These mobs continually respawn, and if not kept in check could end up in huge amounts. I am curious if these mobs are the cause of the lag, I was able to experience the SNR issue, but only when I was around the Aegir.

Could these constantly respawning mobs be the cause of all this? I am not sure. Being a GM my magical powers are limited to mapmoving your characters out of the zone you are stuck in, so submit a stuck ticket and we will get your character(s) out.

We (as in us) are going to get some people to look at this. Even if I can't see it, you can see it so that makes it real.

I suggest then that the issue is either in the connection between us and your server or with a difference in our accounts, assuming you logged in directly I favour the former. It happens everywhere in Lemuria, but for me this started 4 days ago. Previously, despite some people complaining how bad it was, I never experienced this problem.

As to the brawl between Lemurians and UNTIL, the battle has always swung back and forth, sometimes the lemurians win, other times its UNTIL. Frequently there are 20-30 mobs there. I didn't notice any change in the numbers recently.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /signed

I have a rocking system and great Internet connect. Lemuria is a mess.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

As a matter of fact those mobs have historically caused performance issues. Even back in closed beta I remember reporting massive framerate drops based on what direction my camera was facing while standing on top of the Aegir (and yes it was when looking in that direction). It has been a while since I have tried but it wouldn't surprise me that there was still some performance issue there, regardless of attempts to tune it which I am certain probably have happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think its cuz mobs from all teh way across lemuria seems to be processed. Anywaaays...Im in lemuria right now with and were not having any problems at all o.o I cant tell what the problem could be really >.<
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lei wrote:
    I think its cuz mobs from all teh way across lemuria seems to be processed. Anywaaays...Im in lemuria right now with and were not having any problems at all o.o I cant tell what the problem could be really >.<

Lemuria isn't broken anymore?

*rushes off to check*

Damn. :(

I had a glorious 2 minutes before I got hit with my first 'Server Not Responding'.

Then I got another, 2 minutes later, as I struggled back to the Aegir, so I could leave.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im still in lemuria doing misssions with my partner xD were not really having much trouble at all...just a hiccup every 5 or so mins.

Edit: If the GM has sufficient power, is there a way we can get traceroutes specifically to lemuria shards or some connection monitor command we can use while here? Would be much more helpful if the people having problems can give more info to help with this
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    QFT

I checked on some of the tickets you guys submitted about your characters, and they were bug tickets. Bug tickets go to a different department who filters through them and reports the bugs to the devs. A magical as our powers are as GMs they do not stretch that far.

Stuck Ticket #457240 submitted on the 17th after reading the above. Had to log in with my alt in order to submit the ticket. Have also been periodically testing to see if I can log in with my main to no avail. So far have gotten no response to that ticket either...

Am I in some sort of decreased priority queue because I have a lifetime sub or something?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been out of game about a week now, but came in to play earlier and tested this... I could play... usually... But every so often I'd get sever server side lag (my machine never dipped in FPS, it just stopped hearing back from the server)... Given 10 seconds or so the server and my machine would resync and I'd be able to go do whatever I had been doing... sadly... this doesn't work so well in the ever popular in Lemuria escort mission... I've done every other quest I can find not in lemuria at this point... But someone needs to figure out why we seem to loose connect... and why it's not everyone...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been back a few times with mixed results. I think it is mostly related to how many people are in the zone.

When there are 30+ people it is essentially unplayable for me, Server Not Responding messages multiple times a minute that can last 5-30 seconds. When there are 20 people it is unpleasant and I wouldn't recommend taking escort missions, SNR messages every 1-3 minutes with clusters periodically, these tended to last 3-10 seconds. When there are 10 people I had few problems, I could go for as long as 10 minutes without a SNR message and they resolved very quickly, usually in a second or two.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Which made my first reaction to consider it having to do with the graphical issue

It is certainly not a graphics issue. I'm running 3x 200 series nvidia cards in SLI and get a rock solid 60fps in lemuria with all the graphics setting and sliders totally maxed, and I'm still experience the same problems here as everyone else.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is getting better, but worse at the same time. I was able to do 2 missions (Unity and Nememsis) in Lagmuria last night in 15 minutes. I did not see a single server not responding error nor did I experience even the expected lag i was seeing in other zones. Immediately after I finished though, I took more than 35 minutes to get from the wrecked nuclear sub back to the Aegir :-\.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oo, server restart, could Lemuria finally be working?

*rushes off to check*

Less than a minute before I got my own Server Not Responding. Boooo.

For those who are curious, there are, at present, 9 other players in this zone.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stuck Ticket #457240 submitted on the 17th after reading the above. Had to log in with my alt in order to submit the ticket. Have also been periodically testing to see if I can log in with my main to no avail. So far have gotten no response to that ticket either...

Am I in some sort of decreased priority queue because I have a lifetime sub or something?

Argghh, mine was submitted on 18th after reading the above and is #477881 ... i.e 20641 ranks after yours ...
    If these are allocated in sequence, this means two things:
    - please update me when yours is closed, so that I can plan my playtime ;)
    - more seriously, we have sent more than 20000 tickets in one day ... good news, we are still a lot of players (in broken situations, yes, but still a lot)

Good luck