test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ISHALTG thread

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Champions Online Discussion
In response to all the rest this is the I'm Stayin Here And Like The Game thread.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Grazer wrote:
    In response to all the rest this is the I'm Stayin Here And Like The Game thread.

...so I can't have your stuff?
    edited January 2010
    Uh, ..... I said I was stayin here.
    edited January 2010
    Grazer wrote:
    Uh, ..... I said I was stayin here.
    That still doesn't mean we can't ask for your stuff.
    edited January 2010

Why bother asking? We clearly outnumber him.
    edited January 2010

And I wasn't asking as much as stating the sad fact I couldn't have his stuff.
    edited January 2010

Now now, let's be equitable. Grazer - can we have some of your stuff?

Glad you're staying.
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:

I like your mind.
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
    edited January 2010
    I like your mind.

That will stop once I've backstabbed you and made off with your share of the loot.
    Not that I plan on doing that in the near future. Or do I?

Illumisar wrote:
    Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Repressed, eh? That's gonna be the least of your worries once operation "knock Illumisar unconscious, ransack his account, steal all of his epix loot and leave him for dead in the desert with a funny beard painted across his face with waterproof color. Not that he's gonna find water in the desert but anyway. Man all that talking about dessert made me hungry" has kicked off.
    edited January 2010
    We should like totally start a collection so Kitty can have stuff of her own.
    edited January 2010
    I thought the whole point of a kitty-kat is that they own everything anyway.

Feels like it in my house anyway, "Thats mine, thats mine ooh and thats mine too!"
    edited January 2010
    LOL!.....too funny!
    edited January 2010
    rourke01 wrote:
    I thought the whole point of a kitty-kat is that they own everything anyway.

Feels like it in my house anyway, "Thats mine, thats mine ooh and thats mine too!"
    This is why Chat uses a cat to rub her bald spots.
    See how they like being owned... Because that's what cats do when they rub against you... Marking you as theirs.

<-- so shiny and smooth
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:
    That will stop once I've backstabbed you and made off with your share of the loot.

I still like your mind. It works like mine.

And I'm not planning to kill you in your sleep.

Honestly. Would I lie to you?
    edited January 2010
    Honestly. Would I lie to you?

Its a trick, get an axe!
    edited January 2010
    Chat wrote:
    This is why Chat uses a cat to rub her bald spots.

...darn. I thought it was to build up static electricity so you could zap the dog. That's why I tolerated it for so long.

I never thought it was an attempt to own a cat. Because that's like... you know, the ownership equivalent to division by zero. It simply can't be done.
    edited January 2010
    ...darn. I thought it was to build up static electricity so you could zap the dog. That's why I tolerated it for so long.

I never thought it was an attempt to own a cat. Because that's like... you know, the ownership equivalent to division by zero. It simply can't be done.
    Well... Chat could rub you over her mohawk. That should build up som static to zap the dog.
    Now get on Chats head! :D

Yeah... Cats are nice and all. They are warm an sometimes cuddly but damn... What an attitude they got.
    And don't even try feedng them... They will reject all attempts at pleasing them. (the more expensive the food is the more they will reject it)
    edited January 2010
    rourke01 wrote:
    Its a trick, get an axe!

Relax, it's just a cat. A bucket of water will do.
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:
    A bucket of water will do.
    Or a Blast Furnace.
    edited January 2010
    Or a Blast Furnace.
    Marinade... You boys forgot about the marinade.

Soak the cat in water for at least 9 hours.
    Then marinate it for 3.
    Into the blast furnace it goes.
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:
    Repressed, eh? That's gonna be the least of your worries once operation "knock Illumisar unconscious, ransack his account, steal all of his epix loot and leave him for dead in the desert with a funny beard painted across his face with waterproof color. Not that he's gonna find water in the desert but anyway. Man all that talking about dessert made me hungry" has kicked off.

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you? :p
    edited January 2010
    I'm not gone, though I appear to be.

I've just been tidying my wardrobe, I just got lost is all. :confused:
    edited January 2010
    Illumisar wrote:
    Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you? :p

Hey, just remember one thing:

R-E-S-T-E-C-P. Whot's 'at spell?
    edited January 2010
    Calsetes wrote:
    Hey, just remember one thing:

R-E-S-T-E-C-P. Whot's 'at spell?
    Dyslexia?

10Dyslexias
    edited January 2010
    So let me get this straight...

He is staying and we don't get his stuff? Not even some of it?

What was the point of this thread to begin with?

I think the OP is a tease.
    edited January 2010
    So let me get this straight...

He is staying and we don't get his stuff? Not even some of it?

What was the point of this thread to begin with?

The same as the threads where people are not staying and we can get their stuff.

And that fact is in itself a meta-point, on some philosophical level.
    edited January 2010
    The same as the threads where people are not staying and we can get their stuff.

And that fact is in itself a meta-point, on some philosophical level.

But do people who really are leaving actually give away their stuff like that? Every time I've left a game, I've held onto my stuff, if only because you never know when the urge might strike to pick it back up again. Even back in FFXI, where they say "after 3 months, your guys get deleted and your whole account goes inactive and you have to buy another copy to play again as a brand-new account," I still held onto my stuff. Turns out, they finally decided to bring their "account reactivation" thingy out and leave it out... I think it's year-round, or once a year they run it? Regardless, my supposedly deleted guy can probably be brought back with all his stuff, should the urge strike me again.

Anyway, that's way off-track. I just figured he made this thread to counter and even parody the "I'm leaving, this game is horrible, Bill Roper eats babies and so do you if you still play!" threads that seem to pop up every now and then.
    edited January 2010
    Chat's cat was at my door this morning begging for food. When I tried to move it out of the way it bit me!

..... stupid cat! :mad:
    edited January 2010
    DaPhil wrote:

And with both STC and LR getting "tweaked" in the next patch, he really has no way of escaping this ...

Oh wait, I think he's about to teleport away. Nevermind. /sigh
    edited January 2010
    Calsetes wrote:
    But do people who really are leaving actually give away their stuff like that? Every time I've left a game, I've held onto my stuff, if only because you never know when the urge might strike to pick it back up again.

It's a time honored MMORPG tradition. And part of the reason it got so popular was, because of your second statement up there. It was a way for people to break their addiction to the game, because giving away their stuff meant that even if they entertained the notion of coming back, they'd resist since they knew they'd not have their stuff.

Unfortunately, twinking is rampant in MMOs so even that became a half-hearted effort. Because your FRIENDS who stayed would easily and gladly "twink" you with overpowered gear (usually way better than the stuff you had when you left) so that you could come back. That's just a byproduct of classic mudflation.

So the desire to leave eventually became almost a General Sherman tactic in some snarky circles of some extremely addictive MMOs, where it was suggested you give away your stuff. Delete your toons. Uninstall the game. BREAK the discs. Burn the box. Change your credit card. And lose your password.

UNFORTUNATELY ... the game developer's customer service reps, it was later discovered, were able to ... let you download the new remote patcher, update your client to the latest version of the game, reinstate your deleted toons from their side of the game, accept a new credit card, give you back your password once you proved you were you, and leave you at the generosity of your friends to re-gear you. Because, RETURNING business was money.

This also had an interesting side effect on a few of my guildmates back in Everquest. Who would constantly "sell" their accounts on Ebay. Then return to them 6 months later by providing SOE with the original credit card info for the account.

Classic.
    edited January 2010
    Staying for sure. I'm having too much fun to leave :)
    And i have high hopes for CO!
    edited January 2010
    frogtown wrote:
    Chat's cat was at my door this morning begging for food. When I tried to move it out of the way it bit me!

..... stupid cat! :mad:
    Is this where Chat mentiones her cat got run over last year so umm... That could only have been a zombie cat.

And frogtown is now infected. Shotgun anyone? :D
    edited January 2010
    Bill Roper's eaten babies?

The monster!

He said he was going to share those with me. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    I'm here away from the almost constant negativity on the STO forum. You'd think liking CO was wierd going by as lot of guys on there but I like it and I'm glad of my lifetime subscription.
    edited January 2010
    Though I am sorely craving new content, maps, and the like leaving CO is so far from my mind. Even now, when the game is to ripe for improvement, it is still awesome and I am having loads of fun.

Hell I don't even have an Alt yet. Level 40 is awesome.

As people leave, slowly the RP community gets bigger! Viva la France!