What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unity Mission - Exhibit Hall Enmity

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Gameplay Bugs
Unity Mission - Exhibit Hall Enmity

I'm pretty sure that was the name.

In the mission you are given a chance to earn a bonus by saving all 30 of the transformed citizens.
But the last egg with 5 citizens around it is untargetable. You can not click target it. I tried from several
different angles and distances.

It is in the room at /loc 448 0 67.
Could not get closer to the egg as I did not want to kill the transformed citizens.

Other than not being able to get the last egg and receive the bonus I was able to complete the mission.

I submitted a bug report #364,299

Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Did you try tab targetting?

While I did not have the targeting issue that you did, I do want to know what the bonus you get is supposed to be? I did it yesterday and I did not see any difference in the rewards the mission gives after saving all 30.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Temprus wrote:
    Did you try tab targetting?

I normally run with "Never Auto Target Objects" ON and did not think to cut it off. I don't know
    if that would have helped or not. I'll try it next time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This issue has been there since launch. No you cannot tab target to it initially. You cannot click target it either. You can't even fly near the ceiling where you have a good straight shot at it. However, you can get your bonus (as long as you did get the rest of the saves) and here is how.

Run into the pile of citizens toward the orb. Ignore all attackers. Once they start hitting you the egg should be targetable. Target the egg and run like heck. Once you break aggro from the mobs, either the egg will be targetable or you will still have it as a target. When the citizens break aggro they will go back to orb worshipping. I have confirmed this still works even if the citizens kill you. I actually have to do this on a weekly basis for this quest. The key is to make sure you get a lock on the orb but dont hit any citizens.

Of course if you are a beast there is no issue to start with. Us glass cannons have to watch ourselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fongsolo wrote:
    Of course if you are a beast there is no issue to start with. Us glass cannons have to watch ourselves.

I was about to say when I was still grinding Unity's I'd throw on more health gear + defensive stance + regen and just wade in among them to be able to click the egg then teleported the hell out.

It's a handy trick for bugged content that you can use for things you can't click on surrounded by aggro'ing mobs (I suppose it would be helpful if I pointed out which ones but I can't remember off the top of my head). There's a Viper cluster near some boxes out in MI that was like that, not sure if they fixed it though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fongsolo wrote:
    Run into the pile of citizens toward the orb. Ignore all attackers. Once they start hitting you the egg should be targetable. Target the egg and run like heck. Once you break aggro from the mobs, either the egg will be targetable or you will still have it as a target. When the citizens break aggro they will go back to orb worshipping. I have confirmed this still works even if the citizens kill you. I actually have to do this on a weekly basis for this quest. The key is to make sure you get a lock on the orb but dont hit any citizens.

I'll try this next time I get the mission.

The character doing the mission is a bit of a glass canon. My final solution to the problem
    of not killing the transformed citizens was to lead them into the next room and then dash back
    where the egg was and destroy it before they got back. I just have to make sure I clear
    out any other mobs before I do or they will attack as soon as I start on the egg. Don't have to
    worry about out damaging the mob who heals the egg or killing the citizens.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    I did it again today, and it was untargetable, I guess I normally let the WC hit me, so I never noticed it before. After they wailed on me for a bit, I could target it. I still did not get anything for completing the bonus. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Temprus wrote:
    I did it again today, and it was untargetable, I guess I normally let the WC hit me, so I never noticed it before. After they wailed on me for a bit, I could target it. I still did not get anything for completing the bonus. :p

I got the mission again. And after clearing the room and then leading the citizens into the
    previous room I was able to target and destroy all eggs.

I left the boss and his egg for last, freeing all citizens first so the mission would not end before
    I had freed all of the citizens. I saw a message saying I had got the bonus but not what it was.
    At the end of the mission I received 1 Unity Intelligence and 3 Unity Merits. This agrees with what
    my records page shows. I also got 1742 Resources.

One thing. I got Disconnected after freeing the citizens and getting the bonus message. When
    I got back on I was still in the mission and was able to kill the boss and destroy his egg. I got the
    mission completed message and the points listed above.

I still think the mission has some problems with that egg and the bonus reward.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Fongsolo wrote:
    This issue has been there since launch.
    I sure see that quote alot.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Coronita wrote:
    I sure see that quote alot.

I have used it alot, but as far as bugs go, this is one of the least pressing issues they need to work on right now. The objective can be attained with just a thimble full of tactics.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Greydraco wrote:
    At the end of the mission I received 1 Unity Intelligence and 3 Unity Merits. This agrees with what
    my records page shows. I also got 1742 Resources.
    This is the normal reward for the mission, which is why I asked if anyone knows what we should get as a bonus reward.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just ran this and got the bonus. The message was "Bonus Hero Points Awarded". Since I was full, it did nothing.

Hero Points, while thematically appropriate, are really not much of a bonus.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Am I doing something wrong? This mission falls off my journal every time I fight my way into room number 6. This is the second time I've done... oops.. started this mission. Both times I've had the same unfortunate results.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Am I doing something wrong? This mission falls off my journal every time I fight my way into room number 6. This is the second time I've done... oops.. started this mission. Both times I've had the same unfortunate results.
    When you kill off too many of the gem slaves, it auto fails. You have to have 18 of the 30 alive or it will end.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I've not had this happen. Are you getting any message in your combat or chat windows?