test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, any reasoning behind this?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Missions and Content
For many outdoor Nemesis missions, no Nemesis tokens are rewarded. I have had a string of 3 nemesis missions in a row that were all outdoor and gave zero Nemesis tokens.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd say mostly because many of the outdoor Nemesis missions can be farmed, as the Nemesis Minions will continually respawn. I've done it myself, in pursuit of the 1000 Nemesis Minion Kills Perks... I've even farmed someone else's Outdoor Nemesis Missions, for the same reason.

No clue why completing the mission didn't give Nemesis tokens. I'd think that completing a Nemesis mission of any kind would grant at least some tokens. Might want to bug this, with the missions in question.
    edited January 2010
    A few in my SG noticed the lack of Nemesis Token for most of the outside missions since about the time the "Level 15" issue started. I did not pay attention to tokens before that, so I did not know if they were giving them before that.
    edited January 2010
    Temprus wrote:
    A few in my SG noticed the lack of Nemesis Token for most of the outside missions since about the time the "Level 15" issue started. I did not pay attention to tokens before that, so I did not know if they were giving them before that.

It has been like that since day 1.
    edited January 2010
    I never really paid attention to the rewards for it until I started farming Nemesis missions for the points to get the secondary items for 250 points. I had 245 point on a level 40 character and went to run a mission to and got zero, thought it was a fluke and when that character ran 3 outdoor missions in a row and got zero, it was annoying.

Then I ran the dual mission where you stop the sub exploding in Lemuria followed by trapping the evil sorceror in The Desert and got like 40 points for each one.

I don't think outdoor missions that can take very little time should give much, but even 5-10 points would make it worth while.
    edited January 2010
    This is new to me, cause I havent paid attention to nemesis points yet, but it does sound bit sucky. Just make the missions somehow un-farmable.
    edited January 2010
    How could you farm a Nemesis mission? They only pop up randomly when minions drop a clue? Or is there something I'm missing?
    edited January 2010
    You farm it by not completing it and then resetting the zone that it's in.

I think that this may just be a documentation bug - I'll have to double-check, but last time I completed an outdoor Nem mission, the rewards list on-screen mentioned 20 tokens, but my dialogue/chat box mentioned nothing. I didn't check my numbers before and after, though, so this needs verification.
    edited January 2010
    You farm it by not completing it and then resetting the zone that it's in.

I think that this may just be a documentation bug - I'll have to double-check, but last time I completed an outdoor Nem mission, the rewards list on-screen mentioned 20 tokens, but my dialogue/chat box mentioned nothing. I didn't check my numbers before and after, though, so this needs verification.

You only get the nemesis tokens on completion so that wouldn't work.
    edited January 2010
    Dardove wrote:
    You only get the nemesis tokens on completion so that wouldn't work.
    You can farm it for nemesis minion defeats, but it's hard to see how that's a big issue.
    edited January 2010
    FWIW, I just did the outdoor mission by burial butte (the "pacify the graves" one) and got 8 nemesis tokens.
    edited January 2010
    I'll point Lucid and Antiproton at this and see if they can look into the problem.
    edited January 2010
    Arkayne wrote:
    I'll point Lucid and Antiproton at this and see if they can look into the problem.

Thanks Arkayne.

I just verified, Taking the "ton" out of Kiloton gives zero Nemesis Tokens.

Long Walk, Short Roof was another I remeber gave zero Nemesis Tokens as well. I know there are others, but I will keep track now and provide the information.
    edited January 2010
    The popcorn missions only have a chance of dropping nemesis tokens. The bulk of tokens come from the story arc progressing Nemesis missions.
    edited January 2010
    Antiproton wrote:
    The popcorn missions only have a chance of dropping nemesis tokens. The bulk of tokens come from the story arc progressing Nemesis missions.

So by design then, I wonder if there is a way to limit the Popcorn missions from the Story Arc cause 3 in a row is pretty lame when you get nothing from it, even the token for a single point would be better than nothing.
    edited January 2010
    Suggestion: if the baseline behavior was to give a single token, then folks would know that the variable rewards weren't a bug.