test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Munitions Characters: you want this gear.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Power Discussion
I haven't seen much mention of this on the forums, so just a quick note. The Science tradeskill can make "Catalytic" gear, which reduces the energy cost of your ranged powers by 50%. If you're munitions, that's huge - all your attacks sans Bullet Ballet now cost half as much energy!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I DO want that gear... time to have another toon of mine make some.

WOOT !
    edited November 2009
    Thats INCREDIBLE!!!
    Whatta gear!

If you have int super statted its gives AMAZING 10-15 % reduction to your ranged attacks energy costs....
    ...that might be the reason it has not gained so much attention...

But anyway its good gear for ranged attack toon...who has int...
    edited November 2009
    I haven't seen much mention of this on the forums, so just a quick note. The Science tradeskill can make "Catalytic" gear, which reduces the energy cost of your ranged powers by 50%. If you're munitions, that's huge - all your attacks sans Bullet Ballet now cost half as much energy!

Is that 50% off your current cost, or is it like the 50% Lashing Dragon Tail avoidance increase that's 50% of your BASE avoidance (which is in effect about a 5% increase)?
    edited November 2009
    stjobe wrote:
    Is that 50% off your current cost, or is it like the 50% Lashing Dragon Tail avoidance increase that's 50% of your BASE avoidance (which is in effect about a 5% increase)?

It's 1-1/(1+%) Cost, or 33% a piece multiplicative.