test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold rucksack became a 1 slot bag?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Hey guys,

was wondering if any of you had your stronghold rucksack suddenly changed to a 1 slot bag? and that 1 slot is only for bags?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    YES! I have the same thing!!!!!!

My 16-slot stronghold rucksack imploded into a 1-slot bag yesterday and swallowed all my stuff. I think there even was a perk reward in there. There was only one thing left in there in that one slot and that was a Foxbat armor. I donno if he has a part in this, but it totally sounds like something he would do. I'll smash his face in next time I see him.
    It happened as i put one of my medicine bags into it to replace it with another 16-slot i had found. If i try to put anything in the slot, it tells me the slot is reserved for Bags. I can't remove the rucksack from it's bag-slot.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same here WTH. I noticed it when I was making a 16 slot bag & moving stuff around.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    so.. its not a bug? and no one knows how to remove it from the bag slot?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's not even a bag any more. If you try to put something into it, it says "Only bags can go there".

I had 16 slots with full stacks of crafting components in mine and now I can't get to them. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    SO... I'm not alone... I sent this internet adress in my ticket, I really hope they'll do something.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    same problem...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have 4 characters with this bag. 3 of them are working fine... but I emptied out the bag and removed it, just to be safe so I don't lose anything.

And on the one character that it happened on, I could swear it was fine earlier in the day. It looks like this problem occurred only on one of my characters while I was crafting some new, 18-slot bags.

And it appear that the items that were in the bag still exist on my character somewhere, even though I cannot access them. I had a ton of crafting components in my bag, and I am still able to craft using up those items.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kalten76 wrote:
    Same here WTH. I noticed it when I was making a 16 slot bag & moving stuff around.
    This is exactly what happened to me. It was fine this morning until I decided to make better bags.

Also, I think the items that were in the Rucksack are still there but I just can't see/get them. I tried to unequip the bugged rucksack but I was unable. It said that I had to empty it first before I could unequip it.....so they must still be in there. I'm also pretty sure that I just crafted an item using components that were inside the Rucksack (I can't be 100% positive though)....

e/ attempts to pry his components out of the Stronghold Rucksacks gaping maw....Yow!!....Almost lost a finger there.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    likewise for me, i was in the process of making new bags, when i started to place the new ones in the rucksack the whole thing imploded, resource items and all. now i have the perma-one slot bag. i even tried to destroy it and it wont allow that; even though it says the rucksack has been destroyed.

good times
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I had issues with my Stronghold 16-slot quest reward bag too. Thank goodness I didn't have an items held in it, since it's not considered a bag anymore by the game. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well, no one? i mean..NO ONE knows how to remove the bag? i already sent in a ticket yesterday. No GM has responded so far. seems like they dont work over the weekends
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well, no one? i mean..NO ONE knows how to remove the bag? i already sent in a ticket yesterday. No GM has responded so far. seems like they dont work over the weekends

It certainly seems that way. There are a few players who share this lack of communication on the forums, but there's never any resolution. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I saw another thread somewhere on this same issue. The devs apparently said they knew of the problem and were attempting to fix it. Lord I hope so, cos it took me 4 toons to finally get the damn Gatling Pistol and now it's stuck in the damn bag !

Found it :

Edit - http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1359516#post1359516
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mine was fine earlier today - copied over to Test and it's still okay there.

Sold some stuff on Live and, like most people here, crafted a new bag and <POOF> :(
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I must be tired. I read the forum title as "Stronghold nut sack became a 1 slot bag?" >.<
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Patina wrote:
    I must be tired. I read the forum title as "Stronghold nut sack became a 1 slot bag?" >.<

Ya know, I can read all sorts of innuendos into those lines but then that's only cos I'm living on about an hour sleep for the past 40 hours...and counting. Can't wait to get out of work and go home to crawl into bed.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Having the same issue. Tried the GM route but was told it is a bug for the dev team. I was also in the process of making new 18 slot bags when it transformed into the cursed item it is now.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same issue here. Not sure exactly when it happened, but noticed it after putting on 16-slot bags I had made.

Not happy to lose 15 items, as that bag was full.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kaltook wrote:
    Mine was fine earlier today - copied over to Test and it's still okay there.

Sold some stuff on Live and, like most people here, crafted a new bag and <POOF> :(
    This also happened to me after crafting and placing a couple of new bags. I hadn't tried to open it before placing the new ones, so I didn't know if that was a probable cause, or just a coincidence.

For what it's worth, this is the ticket I filed:
    I have the Stronghold Rucksack on this character, a mission reward bag-type item, equipped as one of my bags (last bag slot on the right).

I can't open it. When I single-left-click on it to try, the bag window opens, but shows what appears to be an empty 1-slot bag.

I can't put anything into it. If I try to drag and drop an item into the bag, I get the warning "Only bags can go there." I believe this bag was full with partial-stacks of crafting components earlier, so I shouldn't necessarily be able to put anything inside of it -- but not because whatever it is isn't a bag.

I can't unequip it. There's no "Bags must be empty to unequip them." warning when I try to drag the bag out of the bag toolbar (or any other warning, AFAICT) like there are with the other two bags I have equipped.

IIRC the bag was full with partial stacks of various crafting materials. I don't know how full each stack was, but the number of crafting components reported when I try to craft leads me to believe that the game is aware of what's in the bag in that sense, even if I can't view or modify them through the bag gui.

Logging off and back in did not fix the problem. Neither did restarting the client.

This was the condescending GM reply I received:
    We have refiled your ticket as a bug report on your behalf. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible. To help us provide the highest quality service to our players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu, rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM.
    I don't know who's running the show over there, but a reply like this really isn't a good sign. Instead of simply telling me this isn't a problem the they can fix and have forwarded it to the appropriate party, they decide to educate me on the proper way to file a "bug" report. *sigh*

I'm well aware that this is one of those ambiguous problems. Its definitely a bug, but it's also blocking me from playing this character until the issue is either fixed, or I know continual play won't make matters worse. For all I know, the only fix will be to revert this character to an earlier version. Until I know, I've essentially shelved her.

What's worse is there's no way, besides opening a new ticket, to request this information that I can find. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me in on the secret.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was kinda hoping this would be fixed in this morning's patch. I lost several irreplaceable reward items and a bunch of devices when my bag imploded. I also got a "learn to report bugs correctly" response to the ticket I opened about this. Item loss through no fault of the player is, in my opinion, pretty serious. I'd at least like to know if they're even trying to restore the items, the only official communication I've seen is basically "Hrm, it's not a bag anymore. Weird."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I got a "learn to report bugs correctly" from a GM. It REALLY sucks having a forced 1slot bag. It is so damn inefficient I can barley bring myself to go do quests.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Have this same problem ... and it would be nice to know if its a good idea not to play that character while waiting for a fix. Not only is the lack of a bag space kind of crippling, if the only way to fix it would mean rolling back the character I dont want to spend a lot of time playing him.

It was in my second slot (first of the bags that you can add) so Im not entirely certain what was lost in it, but I am afraid that a lot of what the character was currently working on was of course in the first free bag..........

Sliggoth
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same here. I have removed the bag, it says I have removed it, but it's still there.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same my nice stronghold bag is now a 1 slot bag that cant hold a thing, cant be removed or destroyed - no idea what ive lost and the GM bug ticket says they are looking into it and they hopefully have a fix (im guessing it might get fixed in next weeks big patch) but to be honest how hard can it be to turn a bag thats bugged back into a bag thats not bugged ..... its beginning to get very very annoying
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Personally I was just hoping the gm could delete the bag. I only had useless vendor junk in there. Unfortunately I appear to be stuck with it. I really hope they don't roll back characters. I continued to level from 35 to 40 with the crippled bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i sold it. it would not open for me. however, the one i got from stronghold on another toon would open,....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This is my second account, I'm dropping both because I asked for help to remove the Stronghold Rucksack from my bag slots several times only to receive an automated response telling me that the bag dose not work....I KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK...I just wanted to know if you could remove it. If I had received a response that was helpful or just asking me to wait for a fix this would be different. Bye now
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    There's a fix on the test server, hopefully it'll come to live soon. I had to unequip/equip one of my other bags with my test char to get it to reset the rucksack. The test server kept my items in the bag. I hope the live server does that too.

Duey
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wondering if there's any ETA on fixes for this. My husband just got nailed on his main and doesn't want to play the character til it's fixed.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT LOST A NEMESIS CLUE??? Damn bag anyways! Not only do I get stuck with a bag less slot to store things in I also can't do my Nemesis missions. Talk about a double kick in the ****!

Oh and I have had Pyre lock up on me since I was level 17 (over a month ago) and it still locks up on me at level 40! Another bug they don't care to fix so prepare yourself for a long wait if there isn't a fix on the test servers.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I had the same problem after I simply equipped a new bag. When I reported it to the GM's I was told:

(paraphrasing here, since i didnt copy and paste):

A fix is incoming for this known bug, but when it will happen is still unkown. In the meantime, try to trade with another player you trust since the items will come up in the trade interface even though you cant see them in your bag. This is not guaranteed to work. Thank you for playing champions.

When I replied "great... but since most of the items in my bag were bound, what am supposed to do" I basically got back:

As you were told before this is not a 100% fix. So for now, Wait. Eventually a fix will happen. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for playing Champions.

One of the messages said something about this being fixed on live, but it sounded like it was a pretty "iffy" fix and it might be a while before this gets resolved.