test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CoX2

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Introductions
i can only wonder how long befor this gets removed :p

i stoped playing CO a few weeks ago and decided to go back to CoX till the game settled down and got to a point where i could enjoy it and if it didnt oh well i still luv CoX, and i got a LT sub for CO anyway ( kinda regret it )

but now i know i will not be going back cuz i dont need to.
watch the video all the way through and you will agree
and if you dont. meh everyone has there own opion. and are welcome to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItM3OLqb5w

P.S. im sure this thing is aready well known
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I was a huge CoX fan (almost fan boy crazy) but all the stuff shown in the video, Champions has already done it. It just not impressive. Guess since I already saw it in Champions it's whatever now. Don't get me wrong it's good for the people playing CoX still, but yea it's already been done. It just seems Positron is trying way to hard to get back at Cryptic for being left out of the Champions dev team.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The CoX combat is still the relatively static format that it's always been. Once CO improves the looking for team/mission sharing components and adds more content, it'll really achieve the effect it set out to.

What I took from that video is that they're adding reflections to things, which is nice, but CO had that since launch.

I also have to say that, while CoX has some very nice animations, the fact that each power uses the exact same animation each time, can get old real fast. In the dual pistols example, the whole 'pistol twirl' would get annoying after about the 20th time your character does it.

One thing CO can do to really stand out in this regard would be to:

A. Fix the character creator so we can see weapons

B. Flesh out the powersets so there are more powers for each sub type; For example, there are basically 5 pistol attacks - the energy builder, 2GM, Breakaway shot, Lead Tempest, and that melee attack (can't remember its name). The CoX set will have 9 attacks, (though it'd most likely have aim and a power to apply the fire/ice/toxic effect, which can be somewhat replicated w/ powers from other sets, like toxic nanites).

C. Add a random mission generator, like CoX's police scanner or newspaper missions.

All in all, the ability to move while attacking, (for most powers), to not be confined to 2 powersets, and not being pigeon-holed into an AT role makes CO more attractive. I am generally a patient person, and am willing to give Cryptic 3 months to straighten things out.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Saw it before as well. They made it sound real good, but it is still just an expansion. I love CoX, but Going Rogue just isn't enough to bring me back.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If i had to choose one game to play depending what i saw on that video, id be CoX. CO is a new game and has lot of cool things and lot of things to be tweakd, CoX been around like 5 years? and i still like to play it. But since i dont havto choose,not atleast right now, ill play both. :p
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's still too early to tell and I still hold out hope (and keep my subscription though I don't play) that Going Rogue is going to more seriously address the issues that have plagued CoX for around a year now, but all I saw was the same thing with fancier shadows. How are they going to address the games lack of complexity and balance after 5 years?

I'm not going to pit CO against CoX because they are drastically different things. Instead I look at what about CoX made me a happy subscriber for 4 years and what drove me away over the last year. Then I look at what has drawn me to CO and what is driving me away and then make some posts to each game's Forums, provide testing feedback, and then hope that my concerns are shared by enough other people that our voices are heard by the Devs and those areas get addressed.

In the last year or so everything a very vocal group of COX players have said was killing them game was ignored in favor of "core system additions and upgrades". They haven't made a major push in content driven story since the Rikti returned and the Mission Architect and new tools that suspiciously look like they were designed to make PLers happier have all but gutted the game. They have forsaken gameplay for colored powers, poor crafting, and small zones with even smaller storylines all of which hasn't moved the game forward.

Champions, well since Closed Beta I have had the great pleasure of seeing so much of my feedback (though certainly because it was the same feedback given by many players) turned into real game changes and I can't stress enough how that has impressed me and made me glad to be a lifer.

Like I said I don't compare the games themselves up against each other because they are games with very different focuses. I compare my experiences in working with the community to help the Devs make the games better and Champions has certainly shown that they are listening. If Going Rogue revitalizes the CoX franchise and shows that the Devs over at Paragon Studios have been listening I'll be more than happy to keep giving them my money, but the last year or so over there has lead me to believe it will end up being little more than a new coat of paint on a car that has serious engine troubles.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Looks pretty, but so far I don't see anything major to go back to. Dual pistols looks like dual pistols here, except with a cooldown to use. Get all those effects already on my computer. And one of the major things that did need an upgrade, the character models, are still not being improved much.

Basically put, once you've seen the effects already, it loses it's wow effect faster for each game it's used in, so making that a selling feature isn't always the best of ideas.

The main and only thing I would care about is the core gameplay. Am I going to be going through teh same five maps over and over again like Id id before. If the answer is yes, then it's not much to go back to. Am I going to have soemthing to look forward to doing with my level 50 brute? If the answer is no, since getting all the phat lewt was made easy as heck, then I don't see a reason to go back still.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Reflections: nice.

New powersets: nice.

New content: nice.

New gameplay: ...wait, what? There is new gameplay? Like, you don't mash 1-1-4-3-1-1-2-5-6-ad nauseam? Like, no longer queueing up two powers and then pop off to the web browser and read the latest "I quit" drama on Champions Online's forum while waiting for animation + cooldown + animation to finish so you can queue up the next two powers in the chain? Like, where the only time positioning matters is when you're pulling? Like, where blocking or positioning means jack squat because all attacks are homing no matter how far you go and around any number of corners?

No? Oh. Darn. Same old game with more polish, then?

I quit... well, not quit but severely reduced CoX time because I had done all the content at least twice, and the only reason to stay I had left was the supergroup mates. After a few weeks in Champions, I found that CoX was on the verge of unplayable. Not as in broken, but as in boring. Although I still love teaming with the aforementioned mates, I don't enjoy the combat. I find myself looking at other things, like the web browser next to the game.

And that's not limited to CoX - any old off the mill MMO has the same feeling: I feel like a Chinese gold farmer rather than a player.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yea, cept I ran the content many dozens of times since Id id actually run flashback and helped people level their characters through that. Great, thy are updating the graphics. Sad it took a rival MMO to get them to actually do all the stuff that's been asked for for years.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    Yea, cept I ran the content many dozens of times

What do you call doing the same exact missions every time you make a character in Champions?

Almost always solo, might I add.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    What do you call doing the same exact missions every time you make a character in Champions?

Almost always solo, might I add.

I don't make alts to begin with. Furthermore I also don't solo unless I want to solo, like badging. If you almost always solo, sounds like you have socialization trouble. And after Tuesdays update the excuses not to team will be really thin.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    I don't make alts to begin with. Furthermore I also don't solo. If you almsot always solo, sounds like you ahve socialization trouble. And after Tuesdays update the escuses not to team will be really thin.

Tell me then, what are the real benefits to teaming on this game?

Unless you start a character with someone, trying to do the missions in this game with another is not worth the effort. The mission system makes this so.

And no, I don't have socialization trouble. It's just that this game punishes you for teaming.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    Tell me then, what are the real benefits to teaming on this game?

Unless you start a character with someone, trying to do the missions in this game with another is not worth the effort. The mission system makes this so.

And no, I don't have socialization trouble. It's just that this game punishes you for teaming.

Let's see, teaming up for mob XP, which is quite good, just too many people only look at one mob at a time syndrome. More cash for you since everyone is *****ing they don't have enough money. More items you can get for upgrades or deconning for crafting. Finish missions faster to, and it takes nothing to malefactor down to lackey up to someone else and help them with their's and get them caught up. Oh yea, after Tuesday you get shared mission XP, so again, that excuse is out the window anyways. Also, you get boosted XP and resources on a team. But I am sure you will come up with some other net excuse to try and say their is no benefit to teaming because you can't sit at a door and go eat lunch while one or two people PL you to 50.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    Let's see, teaming up for mob XP, which is quite good, just too many people only look at one mob at a time syndrome. More cash for you since everyone is *****ing they don't have enough money. More items you can get for upgrades or deconning for crafting. Finish missions faster to, and it takes nothing to malefactor down to lackey up to someone else and help them with their's and get them caught up. Oh yea, after Tuesday you get shared mission XP, so again, that excuse is out the window anyways. Also, you get boosted XP and resources on a team.

Yeah, maybe after they include the thing on Tuesday which should have been in the game from the get go, it'll be fun to team.

I'm not sure how teaming is faster to do missions, since once you get 3 people in a team, enemies call for infinite amounts of backup. This slows mission completion to a crawl, especially during the nonsharable item collection missions.

And unless I find some wealth of master villains to beat on, the xp gained from mobs is almost negligible, even while teamed.
    I look at "One mob at a time" because you really can't herd in this game unless you have teleport.

And what am I gonna do with all those resources?

Crafting is a joke except for a few items, so there goes crafting.

I've made about 18 alts, and from my experience in the game, it's just about always faster to solo.

I mean until this magical Tuesday fix goes live.

For the past few months, teaming with a pickup group has been utter hell. It's not enjoyable, and people don't want to help you with your missions that they've already completed. And with all the rewards they wouldn't get, I'd leave too.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    Yeah, maybe after they include the thing on Tuesday which should have been in the game from the get go, it'll be fun to team.
    Yea, maybe it should of been in from teh get go,, but considering the majority of people are misnathropes I doubt it woud of solved anything.
    I'm not sure how teaming is faster to do missions, since once you get 3 people in a team, enemies call for infinite amounts of backup. This slows mission completion to a crawl, especially during the nonsharable item collection missions.
    They don't one goes for back up period. And actually we prefer it that way means more mobs more resources more XP.
    And unless I find some wealth of master villains to beat on, the xp gained from mobs is almost negligible, even while teamed.
    I look at "One mob at a time" because you really can't herd in this game unless you have teleport.
    False again. If you are only looking at individual yea, but when you are mowing down a plethora of critters, a dozen or so every ten seconds, the XP adds up fast.
    And what am I gonna do with all those resources?

Crafting is a joke except for a few items, so there goes crafting.
    False again. In fact the best items I got are crafted by me. Oh and how about retconning since that seems to be a big thing.
    I've made about 18 alts, and from my experience in the game, it's just about always faster to solo.

I mean until this magical Tuesday fix goes live.
    This goes back to social issue and sounds more like you just got poor teaming skills. But hey, I've seen faster gaming soloing in CoH to. In fact I know I could go faster by myself leveling in CoH than on a team. But that brings back the other point, being able to sit at a door and do nothing while someone else does all the work.
    For the past few months, teaming with a pickup group has been utter hell. It's not enjoyable, and people don't want to help you with your missions that they've already completed. And with all the rewards they wouldn't get, I'd leave too.

And this is the major malfunction as it stands. If you need incentives to team, then nothing added will ever really make it fun for you because you are too busy wanting the shiny. Heaven help people like you when those new lairs get added that actually require more refined teams that were being talked about in the altest dev chat.

One thing I bring people along on are my UNITY missions, which get larger spawn sizes on larger teams. I say that's quite well a good incentive there.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    Yea, maybe it should of been in from teh get go,, but considering the majority of people are misnathropes I doubt it woud of solved anything.

They don't one goes for back up period. And actually we prefer it that way means more mobs more resources more XP.

False again. If you are only looking at individual yea, but when you are mowing down a plethora of critters, a dozen or so every ten seconds, the XP adds up fast.

False again. In fact the best items I got are crafted by me. Oh and how about retconning since that seems to be a big thing.

This goes back to social issue and sounds more like you just got poor teaming skills. But hey, I've seen faster gaming soloing in CoH to. In fact I know I could go faster by myself leveling in CoH than on a team. But that brings back the other point, being able to sit at a door and do nothing while someone else does all the work.

And this is the major malfunction as it stands. If you need incentives to team, then nothing added will ever really make it fun for you because you are too busy wanting the shiny. Heaven help people like you when those new lairs get added that actually require more refined teams that were being talked about in the altest dev chat.

One thing I bring people along on are my UNITY missions, which get larger spawn sizes on larger teams. I say that's quite well a good incentive there.

They're going to need to add stuff for people who make lots of alts, not just people who stick to one character. I'd wager a good majority of the player base makes alts instead of feasting on the joke they call endgame content. What does the engame content offer me? It's like joining a farm in Heroes when you're level 50. "For fun" doesn't cut it. I could be have the same amount of fun rolling an alt.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    They're going to need to add stuff for people who make lots of alts, not just people who stick to one character. I'd wager a good majority of the player base makes alts instead of feasting on the joke they call endgame content. What does the engame content offer me? It's like joining a farm in Heroes when you're level 50. "For fun" doesn't cut it. I could be have the same amount of fun rolling an alt.

You just described the endgame content of every other MMO out there, except I got loot I can actually go after here. It's the same endgame WoW had, go through the big two dungeons over and over trying to collect X, Y or Zed peice of loot in the process of gathering special MacGuffins. And the big raids in WoW? Just the samething on a more massive scale of what we already got here in CO.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    You just described the endgame content of every other MMO out there, except I got loot I can actually go after here. It's the same endgame WoW had, go through the big two dungeons over and over trying to collect X, Y or Zed peice of loot in the process of gathering special MacGuffins. And the big raids in WoW? Just the samething on a more massive scale of what we already got here in CO.

Except for the occasional bugged item dropping from Kigatilik, most of the missions will give items with stats that are superior to the ones you can work towards. And if they're not better, they're almost equal, except one doesn't take loads of nemesis/unity missions/killing Cosmic after Cosmic.

They're going to really have to make the endgame earnable items loads better for them to be worth grinding towards.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    Except for the occasional bugged item dropping from Kigatilik, most of the missions will give items with stats that are superior to the ones you can work towards. And if they're not better, they're almost equal, except one doesn't take loads of nemesis/unity missions/killing Cosmic after Cosmic.

They're going to really have to make the endgame earnable items loads better for them to be worth grinding towards.

Of course, that's your opinion. Oh, and getting Nemesis rewards is easy as ever. You don't evne have to do more than one Nemesis arc tog et enough Nemesis meirts for 1 top grade item.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    Of course, that's your opinion. Oh, and getting Nemesis rewards is easy as ever. You don't evne have to do more than one Nemesis arc tog et enough Nemesis meirts for 1 top grade item.

You said the best items you got were crafted by yourself, but ok.

Hopefully the teaming thing will work out.

I just want this game to do well, but the way things are looking to me, they're gonna have to make drastic changes for that to happen.

I'm gonna go away now. Night night Silverspar.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    You said the best items you got were crafted by yourself, but ok.

Hopefully the teaming thing will work out.

I just want this game to do well, but the way things are looking to me, they're gonna have to make drastic changes for that to happen.

I'm gonna go away now. Night night Silverspar.

Rome isn't built in a day. The foundation is already quite solid, and these things are always built up upon.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I <3 Co ^___^
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ape1 wrote:
    I <3 Co ^___^

I love how people can say stuff like this, but if someone says they don't like it they have to give reasons, and are also flamed to hell. :)

If someone goes "I hate CO", it's trolling. But it's A-ok to say "I love CO", and all you see is YEAH I HEAR YOU BROTHER

Kinda gets annoying.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    I love how people can say stuff like this, but if someone says they don't like it they have to give reasons, and are also flamed to hell. :)

If someone goes "I hate CO", it's trolling. But it's A-ok to say "I love CO", and all you see is YEAH I HEAR YOU BROTHER

Kinda gets annoying.

Difference between saying I don't like something and telling people you wish it would crash and burn. Quite frankly, reasons have been given, and frankly, you just don't like the answers. It's like the group of people that keep saying the zones are empty, which just frankly is not true.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Silverspar wrote:
    Difference between saying I don't like something and telling people you wish it would crash and burn. Quite frankly, reasons have been given, and frankly, you just don't like the answers. It's like the group of people that keep saying the zones are empty, which just frankly is not true.

Not sure when I ever said I wish it'd crash and burn.

Also, I'm not talking about your posts. I'm talking about posts that literally only say, I love CO/I hate CO.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So ya video looks nice. And I tell ya, love CoX. I remember first time I bought it, I couldn't stop playing it. Loved the customization, LOVED the content and story lines! And then after I lvl'ed up roughly 20 50's had 2 active and one part time acct (only activated when i needed a bridge) The game grew very boring. I was in the top 15 in my server for badges, ran every tf about a kagillion times (even a 60 day posi lolz lotus and zen), and played every story arc several times, but there was nothing else to do but power level! And after mission arctiect came in, that was truly all that was left to do. It is not fun trying to sift through countless of power leveling maps to get to one good story arc.

CO comes in, and I'm a happy gamer again. And the great thing about the game is that they are constantly improving. They listen to their subscribers and try to implement things as soon as they can.

Now I would love to see CoX succeed, dont get me wrong, but I definatly need to see some HUGE content implemented in the game. I hope that going rouge does just that, and they didn't just waste all time and funds into graphics :)

But I'm a happy lifer in CO, even though the servers went down the only times I could play this weekend, but poopy happens, stuff breaks, needs fixed, and they got the job done!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    Hopefully the teaming thing will work out..

Sounds like it'll work to help organize/manage teams, but it's not addressing a huge issue with teaming, something COX managed for.

It's not going to provide is team-oriented content or challenges. Being better organized will just mean blowing through content that much faster, since almost every mission can currently be soloed. I've said it before, right now getting more than 2 people in a team is like hunting rabbits with a nuke - total overkill.

Though I guess that's fine for people looking to just blow through content and earn faster XP and rewards. I'm looking for missions where I can team with friends that provides something worthwhile and challenging to do, and could care less about the amount of XP or rewards we get.

Once they improve the ability TO team, they then need to improve the REASON to team. The option to adjust difficulty is a common request, one I don't believe has been responded to directly by Cryptic, has it? Even something along the line of recognizing a team is entering the mission and adding more foes overall, making some "Tough", etc. would be an improvement.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sharkbite wrote:
    It's not going to provide is team-oriented content or challenges. Being better organized will just mean blowing through content that much faster, since almost every mission can currently be soloed. I've said it before, right now getting more than 2 people in a team is like hunting rabbits with a nuke - total overkill.

The fact you made this a point baffles me. There isn't any challenge in the team based content in CoH. In fact, railroading is what it's all about. Also, Patrols, UNITY, and a few other missions do scale witht eh team size. Also enemies running to get help is a way to force scale enemy teams to.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I agree w/ Silverspar. I did the same thing with my peacebringer, helping out sg mates. Also, when I got bored I ran farms in PI. If not I was badge hunting w/ my PB. Though i only played CoX for 15 month. It took me that long to finally get bored with it & that's running the same thing over & over & over. AE was the finally blow that ended the game for me. AE farming *shakes my fist like homer simpsons* , not even gunna get into that.

Damn thinking back, I actually started looking up things on the web & left my team at times w/o me during Statesman TF. Not a big deal cause it was one of those failed attempts lol. Good times, but it was time to move on to sumthing new.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    MrAmazing wrote:
    I agree w/ Silverspar. I did the same thing with my peacebringer, helping out sg mates. Also, when I got bored I ran farms in PI. If not I was badge hunting w/ my PB. Though i only played CoX for 15 month. It took me that long to finally get bored with it & that's running the same thing over & over & over. AE was the finally blow that ended the game for me. AE farming *shakes my fist like homer simpsons* , not even gunna get into that.

Damn thinking back, I actually started looking up things on the web & left my team at times w/o me during Statesman TF. Not a big deal cause it was one of those failed attempts lol. Good times, but it was time to move on to sumthing new.

Yea, AE was the straw that broke the camels back for me, and it's kind of sad, but even in that entire expansion update, I bet the majority will still be in AE.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If they made a real CoX 2 I would go there in a nanosecond. But it would need to start from scratch, I like playing MMOs when they're fresh, when I'm playing with other people who're new to the game just like I am.
    To me CoX gameplay is 1000000 times better than CO's, but that's because I prefer group-play and CO is solo-heaven. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not my playstyle.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh noes ! - battle-lines are being drawn ! - CoH Vs CO ! - CHOOSE !!! :rolleyes: *rolls eyes.

You know what?... Don't choose !!! - play both !, on alternate months if you like !, 'Going Rogue' could be a welcome reprive for al those hanging around CO who have already hit lv 40 and are complaining about having nothing to do!, re-visit ole' City of Heroes and do the new content before returning to CO when there is some more end content.
    I suppose it could be seen as odd suggesting leaving CO for a spell and trying a rival superhero game but I for one would much prefer that to the usual suspects hanging around the forums moaning about their end content lot in life when the games only been out a month.

I am actually really happy for City of Heroes, I hope it brings in a lot of players both US and EU-side that have previously dismissed it because of the ageing enviroments (bland water etc, no shadows etc). A lot of trial players did not subscribe because of the ageing graphics and this will help enormously. ( "LOL - these graphics are worse than Second life !") was one broadcast from a trial-player i particularly remember.
    If I were a newcomer to CoH and had not played through 5 years of content i would most definately sign-up.

Speaking as a 5 year Veteran, I will be getting Going Rogue and I will enjoy the new Praetorian content and have a tinker with the new power-sets... but I don't think it will be a long-term continued subscription like it was the previous 5-years, really they need to take the Zones global, Do Space-Station Gagarin and Moonbase Armstrong, Underwater Kingdom of the Coralax and take the Zones global with different enviroments - sound familiar? :rolleyes: - they also need to update meshes as they are seriously old now and showing their age, the 'mitt-hands' and 5-year old facial meshes have gotta go as they are starting to look out of place now with the lush new enviromental detail. Body meshes would be too much to ask in my opinion as that would no doubt involve more work than is feasible with all the current costumes, but the faces could be improved, you've only gotta see the face of the hero and that new Praetorian clockwork guard to see the meshes look old.

Anyway, In short I'm happy for my beloved City of Heroes, I hope many refugees from many other MMOs give it a shot if they haven't tried it !. I'll pop back and revisit when its released!, but I'm still looking forward to a good 70% of my MMO-time (or what little MMO-time i have this year) being spent on giving Champions-Online a thorough thrashing-through for at least a year before I'd consider a longer subscription for new CoH story-content and Zones.

[EDIT]: ... and cheeky Posi ! - " on speaking about the new MM powerset:
    "We were going to do this (Demon-Summoning) or Clown summoning... but we thought we'd leave the silly stuff for the other super-hero mmo!"
    :D - thats fightin' talk! - you're not going to sit there and take that are you guys?

*laughs
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh noes ! - battle-lines are being drawn ! - CoH Vs CO ! - CHOOSE !!! :rolleyes: *rolls eyes.

You know what?... Don't choose !!! - play both !, on alternate months if you like !, 'Going Rogue' could be a welcome reprive for al those hanging around CO who have already hit lv 40 and are complaining about having nothing to do!, re-visit ole' City of Heroes and do the new content before returning to CO when there is some more end content.
    I suppose it could be seen odd suggesting leaving CO for a spell and trying a rival superhero game but I for one would much prefer that to the usual suspects hanging around the forums moaning about their end content lot in life when the games only been out a month.

I am actually really happy for City of Heroes, I hope it brings in a lot of players both US and EU-side that have previously dismissed it because of the ageing enviroments (bland water etc, no shadows etc). A lot of trial players did not subscribe because of the ageing graphics and this will help enormously. ( "LOL - these graphics are worse than Second life !") was one broadcast from a trial-player i particularly remember.
    If I were a newcomer to CoH and had not played through 5 years of content i would most definately sign-up.

Speaking as a 5 year Veteran, I will be getting Going Rogue and I will enjoy the new Praetorian content and have a tinker with the new power-sets... but I don't think it will be a long-term continued subscription like it was the previous 5-years, really they need to take the Zones global, Do Space-Station Gagarin and Moonbase Armstrong, Underwater City of the Coralax and take the Zones global with different enviroments - sound familiar? :rolleyes: - they also need to update meshes as they are seriously old now and showing their age, the 'mitt-hands' and 5-year old facial meshes have gotta go as they are starting to look out of place now with the lush new enviromental detail. Body meshes would be too much to ask in my opinion as that would no doubt involve more work than is feasible with all the current costumes, but the faces could be improved, you've only gotta see the face of the hero and that new Praetorian clockwork guard to see the meshes look old.

Anyway, In short I'm happy for my beloved City of Heroes, I hope many refugees from many other MMOs give it a shot if they haven't tried it !. I'll pop back and revisit when its released!, but I'm still looking forward to a good 70% of my MMO-time (or what little MMO-time i have this year) being spent on giving Champions-Online a thorough thrashing-through for at least a year before I'd consider a longer subscription for new CoH story-content and Zones.

I agree with you quite a bit. why do people decide when they start to play a game, they should hate and belittle all other games? I played CoH for 16 months and will return when Going Rogue comes out. I enjoy playing CO, but I miss all the teaming and whatnot of CoH. My playstyle is I play a game for a while, when i start to get bored, instead of continue playing and becoming someone that ends up hating the game and leaves with fire and brimstone raining down, I take a reprieve to try other games or do something else for a month or two, sometimes more sometimes less. at least with me it helps me enjoy it. plus I don't rush to the lvl cap like so many people seem to want to do. I have been playing since OB and have yet to get to 40. and I really don't care to speed my way through a game (it took me 3 months to get my first 50 on CoH)

I do agree that CoH will need a graphical overhaul sometime. compared to the new competition in MMO's for graphic quality, CoH is starting to look noticeably dated

in the end i have to agree that it's alright to play different games, and remember to play nice :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Really, after reading and reading post u get tired of reading the same ****.

Guys, if u dont like the game, then get another game and let us be.
    If u like it and u think it can be improved, then post suggestion, send bug reports and work it out.
    IIf you miss City of Heroes, play both or go back to CoX.

Comparing CO to CoX is ridiculous, Cox has been on going for several years and for me who started playing that game in the first year I can only say that City of Heroes was a **** compared to CO.
    If u want to compare both games, compare CO to CoH when they were 2 months old not when obviously due to his "youth" Co is still being established.

I dont see the point of all this people posting their "I Quit". Who cares? Get a life.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I kind of feel like I just had my intelligence insulted by Positron so without further ado , the republican, er I mean the official player response.

CyberRat wrote:
    i can only wonder how long befor this gets removed :p

i stoped playing CO a few weeks ago and decided to go back to CoX till the game settled down and got to a point where i could enjoy it and if it didnt oh well i still luv CoX, and i got a LT sub for CO anyway ( kinda regret it )

but now i know i will not be going back cuz i dont need to.
    watch the video all the way through and you will agree
    and if you dont. meh everyone has there own opion. and are welcome to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItM3OLqb5w

P.S. im sure this thing is aready well known

No doubt that man left stretchmarks on the building on his way out.

Same old easy mode game with the same "I beat easy mode FTW ! players" getting spoon fed the same easy mode vanilla junk, now with different colors, but none the less the same old mindless grind with a non existant pvp community.