test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blood Knight Build (Supernatural / Ice

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Builds and Roles
This is the build I am contemplating playing during the Blood Moon event. I'd appreciate osme feedback on how viable the build is. I mostly PvE, but occasionally PvP.I'm not worried about it being min/maxed as long as it is moderately survivable for PvE and fun to play.

It is a themed toon, based around an old hero who died during the battle of Detroit who has returned as a vampire. His powers are themed to involve spitting toxic blood (venemous breath), Life draining (Devouring Essence) creating solid blood objects (Wall of Ice) and blowing up said objects (Shatter). I considered adding in a sword attack or two since he was a knight and fought with a sword before his death, but I just don't see using them enough to warrant it. The main attacks will be VB, DE, Wall and Shatter with BIte and the energy builder mixed in when needed.

Build by championBuilder 0.3.2

Download this Build here.

Blood Knight: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Recovery
Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Bestial Fury -- Rip And Tear!
Level 1: Venomous Breath -- Infectious Bile, Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 5: Bite -- Furor Venenum
Level 5: Acrobatics -- Rank 2
Level 8: Regeneration -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 11: Devour Essence -- Phlebotomist, Rank 2
Level 14: Wall Of Ice -- Frozen Footsteps, Rank 2
Level 17: Shatter -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 20: Enrage
Level 23: Telekinetic Shield -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 26: Resurgence -- Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence
Level 29: Iron Lariat
Level 32: Ice Barrier -- Frigid Freedom
Level 35: Ice Cage
Level 35: Flight
Level 38: Bountiful Chi Resurgence

Talents:
Level 1: Inhuman
Level 6: Quick Recovery
Level 9: Paramilitary Training
Level 12: Amazing Stamina
Level 15: Boundless Reserves
Level 18: Jack Of All Trades
Level 21: Energetic
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    50 + views and no one has any feedback? I guess it is either a perfect build or sucks uberly.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    50 views all probably by Google Searchbots.

And me...

Just sayin' :D

Uhmm. Get rid of Ice cage and get unbreakable.

shrug
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah probably.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really only took the cage because, I don't have any other CC powers except Wall of Ice and it fits part of the theme being that he can create objects of solidified blood. Unbreakable would probably help survivability more though.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    skip029 wrote:
    Yeah probably.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really only took the cage because, I don't have any other CC powers except Wall of Ice and it fits part of the theme being that he can create objects of solidified blood. Unbreakable would probably help survivability more though.

I get rid of Telekinetic Shield. Vamps don't typically use TK powers. I would get Ebon Shield with Voracious Darkness. Not only is it better, but it is more synergistic with your toon. Also you seem to have alot of healing with regen, chi and lifedrain, not sure if you need all that, but you might replace Chi with March of the Dead. Summoning undead with all you are doing adds a bit of an "Umph!" to your powers. Of course, add "Force March" with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    shater without chill state and cold snap is just crap, and for ur use of "blow things" is just ok with R1. so there r 4 points of advantage u can save.

another thing .. maybe u can set a blaster power in there, for "finish" the work when the mob move between other mobs and dont want to get all the agro just for kill that runner :p i dunno maybe iron lirat can do the work, but just be sure chek that :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the input guys. Here is a new version.

Currently I have the build up to level 10. It is a blast and the red walls of ice and red venomous breath look sweet, not to mention riding around on a blood surfboard. I originally wanted to take shatter at 11 and regen at 14, but the only problem I've had so far is that he dies really easy, so I bumped regen up to 11.

Build by championBuilder 0.3.2

Download this Build here.

Blood Wraith: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
    Level 5: Super Recovery
    Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
    Level 1: Bestial Fury
    Level 1: Venomous Breath -- Rank 2, Rank 3, Infectious Bile
    Level 5: Lash -- Meteor Hammer
    Level 5: Ice Slide
    Level 8: Wall Of Ice -- Rank 2, Frozen Footsteps
    Level 11: Regeneration -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 14: Shatter
    Level 17: Ebon Void -- Voracious Darkness, Rank 2
    Level 20: March Of The Dead -- Forced March
    Level 23: Lifedrain -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 26: Iron Lariat -- Kyoketsu Shoge
    Level 29: Shadow Shroud -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 32: Devour Essence -- Phlebotomist, Rank 2
    Level 35: Iron Cyclone -- Vortex Technique
    Level 35: Swinging
    Level 38: Unbreakable

Talents:
    Level 1: Inhuman
    Level 6: Quick Recovery
    Level 9: Paramilitary Training
    Level 12: Jack Of All Trades
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves
    Level 21: Bodybuilder
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not bad, looks alot better. My only question/comment is "Why Swinging" ??....it breaks concept really bad. For a vamp, acrobatics or flight seems a better fit.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    true, fly seams more right to the concept but at least to me a little bleh :p

i thought swing from veins ripped from the victims give a nice twist.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    doesn't seem to fit concept very well. Veins aren't thick or sturdy enough to "swing from" and no matter what you do, you're always really going to be swinging around from a grappling hook gun.

May want to consider acrobatics and fire flight(set to red) and say it's blood mist flight. A bloody ice slide fits the concept but that thing is a pain in the **** to maneuver during combat.

Also, LOTS of vampires use TK abilities. So whoever said earlier that they don't...well...I DISAGREE! hah!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I said it. Vamps use more Psi, supernatural and dark (netherworld) abilities than TK (and no, they are not the same).... I have yet to see a vamp pull out a TK sword or go Ego form or lift objects with their minds and toss them at people. If you have, please send links to back up.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I actually see this guy as part Spawn in that he is more of a demon type than a vampire and part Green Lantern save that he can creare/manipulate blood instead of Emerald Energy. Also since I took the chain powers it seemed to fit to use swinging. He uses his chains to chainsling around town.

That said I do like Acrobatics, but I already have it on like three of my guys. The fire flight also sounds interesting. When I get to that point in the build I'll probably try out a few of the flight powers and see which one I like best.

As for Ice Flight it is ap ain to ocntrol sometimes, but I'm actually startng to get the hang of it. Plus it looks wicked cool to streaked across the sky raining down blood on my enemies. If I can get a god angle of it I'll post a screenie. I was using the board to fly up and in a circle destroying mobs in the desert- well until the other ten guys joined in and killed me.

My only concern right now is survivability. I love the way he plays right now, but I have died in PvE with this guy more than any of my other characters. I did ok in the level 10 PvP mission. I averaged around 10 kills but also got killed about 8 times -rather easily too- though a good portion of those deaths were from being ganged up on. Hopefully Regeneration will do what it usually does and help keep him alive.

On a quick side note, has anyone else had a problem with Venemous Breath either not charging up or not showing the mist? This mostly happens ot me in PvP. I hold down the button and it either gives a quick spurt and stops or does the naimation, but doesn't spreay the breath. I'm not sure if it is still doing the damage or not.It was happening fairly consistently in PvP, but hardly at all in PvE.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    tjcombo wrote:
    I said it. Vamps use more Psi, supernatural and dark (netherworld) abilities than TK (and no, they are not the same).... I have yet to see a vamp pull out a TK sword or go Ego form or lift objects with their minds and toss them at people. If you have, please send links to back up.

Most of Anne Rice's older vampires have telekinetic abilities. Some rather significantly so.

Queen of the Damned has multiple examples. The Vampire Lestat has some rather more subtle examples.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    my idea of swiging from veins i become a very old char of mine of world of darkeness, a Tzimice who always had a victim attach to his body and deform and transform for variuos purposes, such as extended claws, "human" shield :p haha and offcourse swing throught the city :D

for those who dont know the World of Darkness the tzimice clan can transform everything of the body, own and from others in very weird and and disgusting ways muehehe :p
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Swinging from veins does sound neat, but it would be even better if you oculd change the powers animation to look like osmething other than a grappling gun. It does fit well with the chain powers, but I'm still on the fence on what to choose for my second travel power. I like Swinging, but Acrobatics might fit better.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Most of Anne Rice's older vampires have telekinetic abilities. Some rather significantly so.

Queen of the Damned has multiple examples. The Vampire Lestat has some rather more subtle examples.

Anne Rice's vamps deviate from every other vampire of lore. She creates their powers to fit whatever scenario she needs for her book. If you stick to the original lore of the vampires they don't use TK. Heck, I can write a book that states Vamps uses chainmail and Uzis.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    tjcombo wrote:
    Anne Rice's vamps deviate from every other vampire of lore. She creates their powers to fit whatever scenario she needs for her book. If you stick to the original lore of the vampires they don't use TK. Heck, I can write a book that states Vamps uses chainmail and Uzis.

agree with the anne rice though.

but just im curious about the "original lore" part. wich one would be?

as far as i know the "original" idea of vampirism is from later medieval time, and those was only about ppl drikning blood for live or extend their unnatural lives.

later apear the iconic idea of Dracul based on a real historical character, Vlad Tepest.

after that the "fantasy" vampires with powers are all from XX century, and the most spare blood lines and powers are from world of darkness.

13 clans, with share powers and some powers of their own. some of them are true magical, other are such as rise dead zombis and control them, and others are mental control or even extend their own madness upon others.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Guillox wrote:
    agree with the anne rice though.

but just im curious about the "original lore" part. wich one would be?

as far as i know the "original" idea of vampirism is from later medieval time, and those was only about ppl drikning blood for live or extend their unnatural lives.

later apear the iconic idea of Dracul based on a real historical character, Vlad Tepest.

after that the "fantasy" vampires with powers are all from XX century, and the most spare blood lines and powers are from world of darkness.

13 clans, with share powers and some powers of their own. some of them are true magical, other are such as rise dead zombis and control them, and others are mental control or even extend their own madness upon others.

Keep in mind that vampires were considered demons and that original lore has them as humans that died in an unnatural way (hence the pale skin skin syndrome) and because they couldn't accept their deaths, their spirits kept their body going. But in order to sustain that, they need to drink blood which is keeps the body from completely decomposing. Again, going back to the grayish skin and death look. After that myth and legend took over where the vampire's blood became an mythical disease and you can be bitten by one and turned, thus, creating more vampires.