test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revamped Tutorial Coming Soon!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2015 in Super News Network
We're going to be revamping the tutorial experience soon, to make sure players are getting the best introduction to Champions. Full blog is here.

--

Also, to head off a question: No, this revised tutorial doesn't assume that your hero is a student at the Ravenswood Academy -- you're just helping test the simulation. We definitely didn't want to lock everyone's character into being a student, we wanted to keep your options open.

Want to try it out? Check out the PTS copy page here, if you're a subscriber. PTS thread for feedback is here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As long as it teaches to Block.
    :rolleyes:

And, how about giving 2 choices at the beginning. The Invasion or the Academy.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oooh this might mean I can actually get some more friends to team up and run the tutorial more :biggrin:
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Finally found something to do with the old park, I assume. I hope y'all keep the memorial intact.

I guess my only concern here is that this is the third iteration of the tutorial we've seen, and there's still stuff at later levels that's either buggy or broken, and has been for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're getting the tutorial back in a usable state (honestly, not sure why they changed it in the first place), but seriously. At this point a ton of effort has been put into content that people literally only ever do once. It'd be great if we could get the same attention for... I dunno... Lairs?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It does answer the glaring question of what your brand-new hero's supposed to have been doing since the '09 invasion... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, new things to the game are always good news. But, i'm just curious, with the new tutorial, what will happen with the Qularr invasion, in terms of story?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »

And, how about giving 2 choices at the beginning. The Invasion or the Academy.

Point of clarification, since PTS is still coming up: It's a revamp, but it's an iteration rather than a brand-new tutorial. It's been a while since I ran it, but when I did, you started in Ravenswood, went into the invasion of MilCity, then came out of the simulation at the end. So it's a lot of the same pieces, but rearranged to make more sense and with pieces added/removed to help new players learn.

Finally found something to do with the old park, I assume. I hope y'all keep the memorial intact.

My understanding is that any new Ravenswood locations would be going in empty spaces in the park. If it displaced the memorial, I would panic and Kermit-flail.

vinxbr wrote: »
    Well, new things to the game are always good news. But, i'm just curious, with the new tutorial, what will happen with the Qularr invasion, in terms of story?

My loose understanding is that the invasion happened, but like the way the New Republic used simulations of the Battle of Endor as training sims, Ravenswood is using simulations of the Invasion as a training sim for new heroes.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    -Block Station
    -Removal of giant pop-ups for Mods/Alerts(just incorperate them into the game and teach them there).
    -Choice between Westside, Canada, and/or Desert at LvL 6 upon tutorial completion.
    -Not removing the hidden-ish Foxbat and Griswald missions(unless they're redone).
    -The return of The Key to The City and a future purpose for it(kind of like the Foxbat IOU was expanded upon with Foxbatcon).

-A code line that immediately deletes your account and blocks your IP if you mention a certain website.... :wink:

Ok, that last bit was some wishful thinking...but something does need to be done about that.

Also, as Taco pointed out, I too agree that one of the keys to new players and new player retention is to smooth out things as much as is humanly possible and while a new tutorial might be a small part of that equation...there are many and larger fish, imo, to fry. Consider for a moment that the three pillars of CO's original pitch were Hero Customization, Power Customization(and later ATs), and The Nemesis System. Ok, now take a good long hard look at those three pillars. Also, of course, bugs as The Unofficial Fourth Pillar....and Balance as the Fifth I guess, but the 1st 3 are where I would likely focus 1st due to limitations. :wink:

...probably also need some repeatable perminant content for everyone else...and for the newbies(it doesn't take too terribly long to hit 40 honestly).
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • startakertorrenstartakertorren Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So what's this mean for the invasion? Did it never happen? Or is this more like a revisiting of the history since it's a simulation of history since the event happened, but it's no longer the actual event?
    If that's the case accounts that have done it should get an emblem for completing the invasion before it because a historical simulation ; ).
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Should this new tutorial be the replayable kind that you can do after the invasion? I'll have to log in and see how its implemented though before going in any further, but that is going to be my focus when testing.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remember when one of the cool things about CO was how it set you up as a peer and equal to the big-name heroes of the setting from the get-go? When Defender was knocked out of the fight with Black Talon and not just turning to fight some random monks that show up? As you might tell, I don't like the idea of relegating the intro to being a sim.

-Ogre
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wont have the opportunity to test this right now, but Iwill at a later date. My questions are:

Will there be a fixing of perks/introduction to how the Perk System works in the tutorial? Since there are perks in the tutorial and players dont find out about the perk system until they have left the tutorial.

Will there be a way to access a lvl 40 version of this tutorial, to have some sort of content not just restricted to newcomers & to allow players to obtain the perks that broke from the original tutorial?
    edited May 2015
    ogremindes wrote: »
    Remember when one of the cool things about CO was how it set you up as a peer and equal to the big-name heroes of the setting from the get-go? When Defender was knocked out of the fight with Black Talon and not just turning to fight some random monks that show up? As you might tell, I don't like the idea of relegating the intro to being a sim.
    Equal?? I was set up as their superior. All the Champions except Sapphire were easily, almost contemptuously defeated by forces I was mowing through as if they were the mooks they proved to be! Kinetik was imprisoned by a single Raid Leader; Defender himself was trivially imprisoned by the bonds I had no problem fighting free of. At the end, I shouldn't have gotten the key to the city - I should have gotten the leadership of their little club!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the invasion happened - 6 years ago now almost. So this is a wrapper for new heroes, basically think of it as a 'danger room' scenario. A historic battle in which the school can test new students.

I am a bit disappointed Missing Friend and Reggie missions have gone. I do think if you are going to take out Missing Friend, then Breanna Bisselle should not be casually chilling in the middle of the bleeding war zone either. At least have her looking panicked beside her father. ''

Nothing much different visually in the actual battle zone - a few rubble piles moved around, the friend and reggie missing.

Suggestion

Foxbat is still in there. I think it would be good to have one of the NPCs, Surhoff maybe give a mission to tell players he is there - otherwise it is a fun device reward they are missing out on (be great if the ping pong gun wasnt temporary either! hint!)

Perhaps something like:

"That Foxbat guy was out there trying to help civilians but I haven't seen him in a while. Could you go find out what happened to him?"

Suggestion

On Entering the Powerhouse from the Tutorial, would be nice to get a small popup - even just saying in brief what is available - Tailor - change costume, Training Rooms - Test Powers, PVP Arena - Test Powers against other players, Theater and of course Powerhouse trainers, and the exit to Millennium City. Just thinking in terms of a brand new player.

Suggestion

Social Area - Ravenswood. In one of the new buildings would it be possible to link a simple interior map to be used as a social area. Doesnt need anything fancy like NPCs etc, just a couple of rooms which could fit with the outer style of the buildings.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I mhave not been able to run it yet, but is the Ravenswood school being added to the map? Or are they using the school in Westside?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have seen it very impressive its in that little park area between Ren cen and westside.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is it just me, or does putting a campus right in the middle of a public park a little weird?

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Interesting... going to see what this is all about on the PTS soon.

Still miffed on how the Variable Robot set was handled though. Any word on when the whole thing gets its much needed fixes and additions? You've made Turando a sad puppy already, please don't keep us this far in the dark for too long. :frown:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My understanding is that any new Ravenswood locations would be going in empty spaces in the park. If it displaced the memorial, I would panic and Kermit-flail.

Ravenswood is at the north end of the park, Caine's memorial is at the south end, and it's safe and sound. :biggrin:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    been through, list of things in PTS section. since we don't have a actual thread.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited May 2015
    The new campus seems pretty empty. Shouldn't there be more going on around the buildings? Actual super heroes in training. Less grass and more interesting buildings? Maybe open door workshops of some kind.

It needs more flesh and detail. Will this be feasible in the future? I'd like to see more things to do there and interact with instead of a new area that's deserted.

eiledon wrote: »
    Suggestion

Foxbat is still in there. I think it would be good to have one of the NPCs, Surhoff maybe give a mission to tell players he is there - otherwise it is a fun device reward they are missing out on (be great if the ping pong gun wasnt temporary either! hint!)

Perhaps something like:

"That Foxbat guy was out there trying to help civilians but I haven't seen him in a while. Could you go find out what happened to him?"

Foxbat should totally be referred to as an anomaly in the system for more 4th wall breaking goodness. He's not meant to be in the tutorial because its the real Foxbat who got in the system somehow.
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The new campus seems pretty empty. Shouldn't there be more going on around the buildings? Actual super heroes in training. Less grass and more interesting buildings? Maybe open door workshops of some kind.

It needs more flesh and detail. Will this be feasible in the future? I'd like to see more things to do there and interact with instead of a new area that's deserted.

My thoughts exactly. A swimming pool would be nice as well!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn beats me there:

Hear hear! It's so critical to this game, it needs to be there. And NOT "Oh, btw, you should block those missiles that started coming at you a second ago. Oh, in the time it took to read that, you got clobbered? Sorry."
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited May 2015
    trailturtle double talks:

Point of clarification, since PTS is still coming up: It's a revamp, but it's an iteration rather than a brand-new tutorial. It's been a while since I ran it, but when I did, you started in Ravenswood, went into the invasion of MilCity, then came out of the simulation at the end. So it's a lot of the same pieces, but rearranged to make more sense and with pieces added/removed to help new players learn.

Is that your roundabout PR way of saying "no, they're not changing how they teach you to block."?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is that your roundabout PR way of saying "no, they're not changing how they teach you to block."?
    There's a block tutorial. It is, however, next to some mines that are much easier to walk past than block, and which have an unblockable hold.
    edited May 2015
    Well, I would hope that they would fix that.

Hope, not expect, unfortunately. :frown:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a block tutorial. It is, however, next to some mines that are much easier to walk past than block, and which have an unblockable hold.

Well, just past the mines is a big fight.

And block is mentioned as important before the Black Talon fight, if people are reading the texts at all.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This part in red is a resounding no, as Ravenswood Academy is a SECRET super hero training facility, it is publically a private academy for the wealthy and powerful, and the gifted.

Think Xavier's Mansion without the Mutant bent, back in the days when nobody knew it was anything more than a school for the 'gifted'.

It may be an open secret in the super hero community [and not the more-general Meta-human community, mind you], but that doesn't mean Rowan wants Viper or anyone else snooping around her campus.

The Academy's secrecy is both it's first and best line of defense.

Also, the largest majority of it's student body are normal students, no powers, other than politically powerful, celebrity, or wealthy parents. This secrecy keeps them and all the meta-human students safe as well.

Other than keeping at least the trappings of secrecy in place, I absolutely agree there needs to be a tiny bit more, I'd like to also see a small social instance, perhaps a library connected to one of the buildings, and perhaps this is also where the devs can place Rowan [as Headmistress Kristina Pelvanen] outside the Tutorial and in the main game.

Personal note to the devs; Great job on Rowan, who looks pretty much exactly like the version of her I role-play in my guild, and the Ravenswood uniforms, both day / class uniforms and the 'Gym suits' they train in in U-hall. Those aren't quite like ours, but I'm just going to roll with those green ones in the tutorial as being the Homeroom Beta [and lower] classes uniforms.

Only Homeroom Alpha Kids are ready for live field training, according to the lore. :biggrin:
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call it a Block tutorial, but if you're too impatient to either read the text or listen to the computer voice reading it to you, you deserve what's coming, in my opinion. Either way, it's nice that it's not hitting you in the middle of combat.

edited May 2015
    That's all I'm asking. NOT in the middle of combat. That's not a "learning opportunity" to someone just figuring out how to work the controls.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oh no, why dous something cool have to come out when Im not here for an hole week not to test it and complain about bugs!?

WHY....WHY!

*screams why loudly wakening everyone up*
    Psi.
    edited May 2015
    [QUOTE=theravenforce;4775271

Will there be a way to access a lvl 40 version of this tutorial, to have some sort of content not just restricted to newcomers & to allow players to obtain the perks that broke from the original tutorial?[/QUOTE]

WE NEED THIS!

TT make it happen!, Please!

Also, is it just me or can't we not "enter" the school?, hello new building, stop beaning lazy and add an new in-door map, otherwise this whuold be an lame -somewhat- revamp, im going for the weekend without any information about this, I expect to see the building enter able and the tutorial re-playable BEFORE I GET BACK.
    Psi.
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    i'm Testing It Right Now. And As Soon As They Fix What They Broke On Live I Will Be Overjoyed About It.

Every @)(() Costume Is Broken On Live And They Want To Work On New Stuff? Roll Back Live First And Fix Your Own Mess.

Raghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I did test it a little bit, and seem all is changed is new voice acting and new way to get inside and such, however the voices speek over each other. So thats an issue, as well the issues I said above me too.

Also is it just ME or is that new AI girl "Hot", nothing can beat my AI, but mmmmm, shes an sexy one...
    Psi.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I checked it out.. it's nice.

It certainly makes more sense that the Qulaar invasion has come and gone.

Also it makes sense that our heroes would be asked to help train younger ones. I wish you'd toss a couple of "hero in training" NPC's into the actual simulation.

They could be fighting Qulaar and assisting the police etc.. It would give you a chance to show off those fancy Ravenswood Academy uniforms.

Thumbs up on a neat idea.. and I hope this means more stuff is coming our way.

*fingers crossed*
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another tease of all those emotes we'll never have.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't have anything negative to say about, so i just put a negative smiley down here.
    ..............................................................................................................:mad:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Jonsills,
    I have bad hearing. During the tutorial, most of the voice overs got drowned out by announcement or background noise.
    I usually play with no sound on, so i don't waste time trying to concentrate on voices and what they are saying.
    Also the normal background noise annoys the heck out of me, i suppose a side effect of then hearing problem. I just can't stand having extraneous noise around for no reason

I did manage to read the notes but they each block one, came while I was moving and had to stop to read. the third block one came as Defender rushed to attack Black talon.

But I do have to agree anyone who doesn't read or listen, deserves everything they get.

A short block tutorial when you do your attack tutorial would be good, where it was originally.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited May 2015
    I know it's far too late for this to matter, but if I had my druthers, the entire tutorial would take place in Ravenswood's secret training facility with the PC as a student, and after "PE" is over, the (actual) Qularr invasion occurs, redone as a full crisis zone, unburdened by tutorials. If skipping the tutorial you'd go into the crisis as an established hero. Also the game's fictional timeline would be retconned to make the current date (when Steel Crusade happens) late 2010/early 2011.

-Ogre
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    -Choice between Westside, Canada, and/or Desert at LvL 6 upon tutorial completion.

This... so much!

I would happily do the tutorial for the Nth time if it meant I could skip doing Westside for the Umpteenth time. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited May 2015
    I have only one issue with this revamp. Its going to **** up the continuity of the whole game's mission chains and your involvement with the Qularr invasion and all the missions of the after effects involving it. Retconning usually means fixing everything to match it and there is too much in the game to fix when its man hours that could be doing new things. If you must teach players certain things make the Powerhouse a better training facility or make players visit the school for advanced mechanics instead of breaking the whole game's continuity.

But what's the point of trying to convince the devs otherwise on changing anything they spent a remote amount of time on. This is how they want to do this so there's no changing their mind now.
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    This would be terrible because what if I'm NOT A FRICKIN STUDENT?

Hell I even have a few heroes who ARE but DO NOT ATTEND RAVENSWOOD.

Please do NOT try and decide our backrounds for us TYVM.
    ogremindes wrote: »
    I know it's far too late for this to matter, but if I had my druthers, the entire tutorial would take place in Ravenswood's secret training facility with the PC as a student, and after "PE" is over, the (actual) Qularr invasion occurs, redone as a full crisis zone, unburdened by tutorials. If skipping the tutorial you'd go into the crisis as an established hero. Also the game's fictional timeline would be retconned to make the current date (when Steel Crusade happens) late 2010/early 2011.

Emphasis added.

-Ogre
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    changing the tutorial....ok, not what I was really...expecting when it came to getting things fixed [mostly was hoping for power/bug fixes and maybe...just maybe a new adventure pack or something] but on a side note...this new tutorial better teach the importance of blocking as well as the...how to of the blocking..becasue most of the "difficulty" certain players moan about in CO comes from the fact that they don't block the attacks...like...at all, teach them how to block and maybe..just maybe you'll be able to put the challange back in CO, after all, nothing more boring than a game with no challange, now is there?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • valheyruvalheyru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have been here almost two years. A few thoughts:

First, regarding continuity, you will need to completely eliminate/replace the random comments from people who come up to you to thank you for your part in handling the invasion. I would recommend replacing them, perhaps with something along the lines of, "Good to have a new hero in the city! I hear you are doing great things against the gang problems!"

Second, I agree with those who would like to see a split from the mandatory Westside storyline, to include Canada or Desert maps. One option would be to make the Crisis material lower level (those missions have always seemed like tutorial-level stuff anyway, in terms of complexity), and expand it to allow leveling to the end of Westside (15-ish). You will probably need a bigger map than the Crisis sequences currently use. Another idea: How about a Vibora Bay Crisis, as one of the options for newbies just out of tutorial? Or a Qliphothic Crisis? These are established maps, which could be copied, shrunk/limited like existing Crisis maps, and reworked. New players could try out a range of settings and storylines in the Champions Universe to broaden its appeal, and long-timers could have some variety when starting new characters. Champions has a lot of great settings and storylines, and should use more of them to engage new players.

Third, to answer those who do not like the idea of making Ravenswood part of their background, you might consider setting up multiple versions of the tutorial to reflect different backgrounds, to give each new character part of their origin story. "Escape From the Lab" is an idea that would fit a lot of character concepts, especially if you could choose the skins and powers of the NPCs to be VIPER, ARGENT, or PSI. You could introduce characters that already exist as later contacts, like the ARGENT informant we meet in Canada, or the PSI contact we meet in the ARGENT HQ. While "Escape From the Lab" should probably be the first such new tutorial (because it works for such a large range of character concepts), others could be done for characters with more mystical backgrounds. The big bonus for such storylines is that they inherently connect newly made characters to the universe they are part of. (Full disclosure - I have, as characters, a renegade from ARGENT and a former undercover PRIMUS/UNTIL asset.)

I know these last two suggestions require a lot of coding, but I also know they would help new players with more thorough immersion and feeling connected to the Champions Universe. From a marketing standpoint, it would be a clear win for growing your community.
    edited May 2015
    It's not even implied that you're a graduate of Ravenswood - you still get whatever background you like - just that you're a fledgling hero who was recommended to the program by Defender.

For instance, I actually created a character to test this with, rather than my usual PTS technique of just slapping some powers and a silly costume together and calling it "Test #" (where "#" reflects how often I've done this). Instead, I made a toon that might well go live - Repulsor, intended by its creator (a mad cyberneticist) to be the perfect tool of war. The cyberneticist couldn't get his AI to work right, so he kidnapped a child and incorporated the brain as the control system. Unfortunately for his plans, the systems he'd installed to control the wetware were insufficient; the cyborg "woke up", broke free of the dilapidated lab, and contacted the Champions. Now this creature, the brain of a young boy riding the metallic body of a warbot, is using his repulsor-based weapons to learn to be a superhero.

Obviously, this is not a student of Ravenswood. He's there to help test the new training system, because even if anything goes wrong he can probably be repaired. (Pure organics take longer to repair than machinery.)

I do agree, however, that it might be necessary to change the NPC dialog later in the game - it doesn't really make a lot of sense for them to thank you for fighting the Qularr if the only place you've done so was a simulation in a secret facility they don't even know about.

• bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Revamped is a strong word, but seeing Ravenwood was a good payoff. The voice overs are a nice touch, Plato's digitised voice is soothing. There are a couple of annoyances with the voice over, but bug thread will list those.

I do like the look of the academy. It has an old-european feel about it; where only the select few get to enter. It is a pity though that it is placed in the "inner-city" next to the prison with some Purple gang members hanging around the gates. I almost expected to see some of the cobra gang trying to recruit students for criminal activities. :eek:

The tutorial did also leave me with the feeling that I need to create "student" characters or that all non-graduates are excluded from the super-hero world. It felt a tad restrictive and exclusionary.

It would be nice to see some link between the powerhouse and the academy at the end of the tutorial, instead of running to find it. This will also provide a good opportunity to open some instance, a training room, social instance. This can work like the gym, where you can run a mission and also use it as a social instance. It's such a waste to add the academy (an important part of introducing the player to the game) and not make use of it after.

Overall, it feels good to see something new, now let's make use of it :biggrin:
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!