What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Cotumes content Are Good But We Need New Maps/Mission/Event

2»

Comments

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    gandales wrote: »
    This might be the main reason for the lack of content. They are catering to people more corcern about costumes than content. In the end we actually have been getting what it seems most of the community wants.

Not necessarily. As multiparted and complicated to model as CO costume parts are, they take only art person and a standard work to plug it into tailor UI.
    They are still more simple to do than a chain quest with some new model assets.
    Or an extensive work done to powers.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gandales wrote: »
    This might be the main reason for the lack of content. They are catering to people more corcern about costumes than content. In the end we actually have been getting what it seems most of the community wants.

You are somewhat right, they made new missions and people don't play them.

I spent most of two double Q weeks on the streets playing Heat Wave through all my characters that can play it, I saw three players on the street using the mission in that time and two of them after I shouted into zone chat about the 2000Q you can get from cooling people off. Nobody bothered to continue the rest of the mission chain.

A costume set can make several different characters, a map will always be the same map, unless they introduce some method of summoning/re-spawning maps with mobs to fight. Even then its the same old sewer, warehouse, high tech office in a sewer, whatever.

A new bra and panties is always exciting!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I spent most of two double Q weeks on the streets playing Heat Wave through all my characters that can play it, I saw three players on the street using the mission in that time and two of them after I shouted into zone chat about the 2000Q you can get from cooling people off. Nobody bothered to continue the rest of the mission chain.

I actually remember that post and I had been farming the FINAL Mechanon mission with all my FF characters during the last days

except of 4000 Q each, I got many Secondary Purple gear as well:biggrin:

too bad the tokens are useless for me now
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not necessarily. As multiparted and complicated to model as CO costume parts are, they take only art person and a standard work to plug it into tailor UI.
    They are still more simple to do than a chain quest with some new model assets.
    Or an extensive work done to powers.

Also people get more use and enjoyment out of a single costume piece than they will a series of instanced missions. Instanced missions come out, people run them once... feh. New costume comes out, people will make costumes with them for months... even years.