test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weird browser problem when running CO

jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
Seems that if I'm running CO and tabbing out to access my browser (Firefox), any URL I try to access is stuck on "waiting for (url name)" and I can never access it. When I exit the game and re-run Firefox, I can access websites just fine. This isn't happening for any other game I'm playing. It isn't an issue with my internet connection either since I can browse just fine using my mobile and tablet devices when this problem happens.

I was wondering if anyone is facing the same problem.
Post edited by jennymachx on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No problem like that here.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I use Firefox too and don't have the problem.
    I'm on windows maximised.
    I just shrink the screen to get to browser.

are you running through ARC or exe file?

I use the exe file, my friend who used to use ARC got major login problems, then he stopped using ARC?

They went away
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm running the game directly from exe. I've never used Arc.

I found out that if I leave at least one Firefox window open before launching the game, I can browse just fine, but everything slows the hell down for me. It feels like the game is forcing some sort of proxy on my internet connection. After exiting the game and relaunching Firefox, the browsing speed is back to normal. I've also rechecked that my firewall settings isn't blocking both CO and Firefox. I have no idea what's going on.

I'm running Windows 8.1. My previous PC ran Windows 7 and never had this problem.