test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Fantastic Four Trailer

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Off Topic
Just wow.

I think it looks pretty good. Much better than I was expecting it to be.

Of course I fangirled when I saw the power effects and I knew I needed real AoE force fields in game...but damn...the trailer looks good.

I'm liking Ben Grimm's new look as well! (Still think the actual actor should have been bigger)

(I still like both of the other fantastic four films however)

Have a look here:

2015 Fantastic Four Trailer

Thoughts?
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Definitely looks different than how they described it before (A group of kids trying to deal with their new "disabilities.")

Might actually be watchable.
    biffsig.jpg
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still not impressed with it. That's saying something since I'm usually willing to give comic movies a chance.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eeeeeh... improved outlook from the first preview, but Ben looks like a clay man rolled in cornflakes...

...still looks better than the original two, though(with the exception of Chiklis)

Yeah, I do wish they used someone like Chiklis, because he was born to play Ben Grimm, not the Billy Elliot guy...lol.

Definitely looks different than how they described it before (A group of kids trying to deal with their new "disabilities.")

Might actually be watchable.

Yeah, this is mostly why I was wow'd when I saw the trailer, I wasn't expecting it to be good.

I still do hope Doom has a logical and meaningful part in this movie though. If Doom (pre accident) is who I think he is in that trailer then he seems weird...

My concern is that most of the movie will be spent in a training facility or something :confused:
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eeeeeh... improved outlook from the first preview, but Ben looks like a clay man rolled in cornflakes...
    My thoughts were going towards the feces demon from Dogma...

I mean, I guess the Thing looking like an ugly pile of **** does work if he's supposed to feel alienated from humanity due to his appearance.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know what i liked about Guardians of the Galaxy? Ironman? Avengers? Wolverine? They had their origin stories and MOVE ON!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2015
    Fox tried to move on with them, but it was such a fantastic failure that they probably had no option but to reboot. They do want to keep their FF rights, after all, and they'll probably keep rebooting until they get it right, which probably won't ever happen.
    biffsig.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe the sequel will finally give us a decent Galactus...

Haha... no. Of course not.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Marvel is the only company that can give us decent Galactus. And the thing about Marvel is they don't aim for decent. I mean they already showed a Celestial in Guardians of the Galaxy.
    edited April 2015
    It looks like they're having Doom as some sort of alien or from another dimension by the trailer :/
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fab Four was never my favorite super group. I might wait until it comes out on video. The trailers aren't that promising, but who knows it could wow people. It's obvious Fox isn't paying one iota of attention to the MCU.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    It looks like they're having Doom as some sort of alien or from another dimension by the trailer :/

Why does it feel like they do something dumb with him every movie... when the original "guy in a tin can" was cool enough...
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Marvel is the only company that can give us decent Galactus. And the thing about Marvel is they don't aim for decent. I mean they already showed a Celestial in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This, right here.

If the rights to the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man would ever come back to Marvel, they'd knock it out of the park, like they did with all of their other IPs, and there's no reason to believe they couldn't do it with those two, since they made Guardians of the Galaxy, a rather C or D-List group in the Marvel universe and made them a massively massive hit that everyone loved.

OTOH, non-Marvel movies with Marvel characters make me bury my face in my hands, even when they're using A-Listed Superheroes.

At this point Sony is like a bunch of monkeys slamming on typewriters with Spider-Man, hoping if they kick out enough movies/reboots, one is going to be a winner.

Now here comes Fox with yet another version of Fantastic Four, in which a group of slightly racially diverse teenagers with wildly different socio-economic upbringings and backgrounds gain superpowers because someone who was supposed to be a responsible adult thought that them popping over to another dimension was a good idea.

It reads like a Saturday Morning Cartoon. All we need now is Ben to call Reed "Nerd!" like Ogre, Johnny listen to some form of counter-culture music, probably Punk or Heavy Metal, and possibly skateboard, with Reed wearing a pocket protector and constantly having to readjust his glasses.

*Sigh* Marvel is making movies that will both appeal to the masses, simply because they're great movies, but also ones that comic book fans will enjoy. Sony and Fox are trying to make the next Michael Bay blockbuster.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    <snip>

While I get your point, Sony is actually making Spider-Man with Marvel's input, because of the bomb of the last movie. So, I think Marvel will have more say on the matter of how Spider-Man goes. X-Men, and Fab Four, on the other hand, is going to be a tougher thing to wrangle since Fox are grasping at straws right now.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm just upset at how young they made the cast, I mean i guess everything now a days get rebooted and rebooted everytime marvel makes one little change, but this feels, strange... they look so young.. compaired to the lasttwo movies, the animated spin off, etc that followed beofre it faded away in obscurity again. but How is marvel gonna market this with a cartoon show like ultimate spiderman, Avengers aseemble, Hulk and he agents of smash, and I think The xmen where sapose to get a show that took place in that universe.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Marvel's not going to market this. Fox is going to market this. If Marvel made the movie, it would look a lot more promising.

OTOH, teenage FF isn't totally unprecedented - that's the FF from Earth-1610, the Ultimates line of comics. Marvel's had some success with combining 1610 elements with their classic Earth-616, the main line, like black Nick Fury who was never in WWII and Thor who was never a mere human (and definitely not a doctor with a permanent limp). So it's possible, however unlikely, that Fox might actually do a good job with this.

And no, so far as I know there's still no plan at Fox to cross FF with X-Men. I mean, they could, but they don't seem likely to at this point.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited April 2015
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    I'm just upset at how young they made the cast, I mean i guess everything now a days get rebooted and rebooted everytime marvel makes one little change, but this feels, strange... they look so young.. compaired to the lasttwo movies, the animated spin off, etc that followed beofre it faded away in obscurity again. but How is marvel gonna market this with a cartoon show like ultimate spiderman, Avengers aseemble, Hulk and he agents of smash, and I think The xmen where sapose to get a show that took place in that universe.

Yeah Marvel doesn't have control of the Fantastic Four. The reason that they keep rebooting stuff is because their movies don't do great, so marketing decides to poll what all the hip young kids like nowadays, focus group the crap out of it, and this is what falls out.
    biffsig.jpg
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    still gonna pass.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited April 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    still gonna pass.

If we all do this, we might actually get FF back to Marvel. Sadly, I doubt this will happen, and it'll probably make enough money to warrant a sequel, even though it'll likely make less than ASM2 (which wasn't a bomb, it just didnt make as much as they hoped).
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dunno, Jaime Foxx as Dubstep Electro was pretty...urgh...then there was the Rhino mech armor...and the fact that OSCORP is going to be responsible for EVERY SINGLE THING in that universe...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Marvel's not going to market this. Fox is going to market this.

Jon really knows how to make someone go from "It might be okay" to "Oh god no" with six words. Not even big ones.
    edited April 2015
    Fab Four was never my favorite super group. I might wait until it comes out on video. The trailers aren't that promising, but who knows it could wow people. It's obvious Fox isn't paying one iota of attention to the MCU.

For me the FF hardly matters...(If we're talking FF Jonny and Sue were always the best characters) but Dr Doom is the only one most fans care about...and I can't say for sure just yet...but the movies have always mishandled Dr Doom.

and yeah Marvel is the only studio that understands/gets it right at this point...
    edited April 2015
    I dunno, Jaime Foxx as Dubstep Electro was pretty...urghe

Jamie Foxx as Electro was the worst...I tired my best to like that movie.....but it was super awful no matter what.....
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dr Doom is starting to look like Dr Doom. I think this Doom might be closer to the comic one than we first thought. We dont know much about his back story in this movie. Fingers crossed he is the like royalty or summing like that of a certain fictional eastern block European country :P

You cant Have Doom without Latveria. Starting to think though they might have changed Latveria into another dimension, its starting to look that way...that would be sorta awesome >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!