What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20141212.20 PTS Update

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in PTS - The Archive
(Making the post for Radio today.)

FC.31.20141212.20 PTS Update

This build should be available on PTS after right now (11:15am PST) today, 3/20/2015.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.20:

Preview:
  • It's FoxbatCon season! We have some new rewards and a couple of surprises for this year.
  • Please do not spoil the jokes!

Costumes:
  • Scientist set: Lab Coat on male should deform better when character is sized up.
  • March Glass Slipper "Holoheels" now have appropriate material and a new mask for glow.
  • Urban Anime: Errant vertex that was trying to run away from the cheek slider on the female anime hair should behave now.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

(Side note: This patch is mostly a test of whether the event has any critical, blocker bugs. We will try to address and fix any smaller bugs before it goes live, but most of our dev resources are on other CO tasks -- no guarantees.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (Side note: This patch is mostly a test of whether the event has any critical, blocker bugs. We will try to address and fix any smaller bugs before it goes live, but most of our dev resources are on other CO tasks -- no guarantees.)

Such as?????
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nothing new.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Such as?????

If they can't talk about it, we know what is up and going on.....:wink:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug?: Not seeing anything new. Not saying it isn't there...but could we get some clarification on what we're looking for?
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    C'mon guys... the joke is... there is no jokes!!! :tongue:

But seriously, now... I think they forgot to turn the "new rewards and surprises" on this build.

Cuz everything is exactly the same as last year afaik.
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I saw one new thing - which is pretty obvious given the coming gold bonus item.

But I am also at a loss as to what has been added. Nothing at the Merchandise Vendor. No new missions that I can see

Good News however - adding Foxbatcon this year does not appear to have broken Bullet Bound for Biselle open mission like it did last year. You can still pick up the metal detector from the officer near biselle.

Bug: Glass Slippers
    What: Cannot see the described changes to the glow options

Bug: Anime Hair
    What: Cheek/Hair still clipping badly at cheek when head turns
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    User error on my part -- it's Radio's birthday so he's out, and I didn't run the commands he sent me quite right. Updated now.

We're particularly interested in making sure that the new rewards work fine -- invisible weapon skins, plus the Cowboyification Ray.

Additionally, we want to verify that the True Foxbat mission is still working properly. We made some minor changes to the video store -- I think we added a text joke -- and we want to be sure that didn't break the True Foxbat mission.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Known bug: Imaginary weapons are not imaginary.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    As noted before TT's post the following are still not apparent.

Bug: Glass Slippers
    What: Cannot see the described changes to the glow options

Bug: Anime Hair
    What: Cheek/Hair still clipping badly at cheek when head turns

Also any chance of turning on the foxbat credit box in debugger like we had last year to test the merchant items?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Known bug: Imaginary weapons are not imaginary.

Thats quite possibly the best bug report ever :)
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats quite possibly the best bug report ever :)

I know I laughed
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Suggestion
    Remove the 28 second cooldown on the Cowboy gun and instead put a debuff on the target that makes them immune to the ray for 30 seconds. This will have a better effect against the calls of trolling (only one cowboyification every 30 seconds, instead of only one cowboyification every 30 seconds per attacker), and will make the gun more fun for anyone who wants to put cowboy hats on all sorts of NPCs.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    User error on my part -- it's Radio's birthday so he's out, and I didn't run the commands he sent me quite right. Updated now.

We're particularly interested in making sure that the new rewards work fine -- invisible weapon skins, plus the Cowboyification Ray.

Additionally, we want to verify that the True Foxbat mission is still working properly. We made some minor changes to the video store -- I think we added a text joke -- and we want to be sure that didn't break the True Foxbat mission.

BTW, and off topic, a belated Happy Borthday tp Radioscience when he gets around tonchecking this thread :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    Also any chance of turning on the foxbat credit box in debugger like we had last year to test the merchant items?

Possibly, but doubtful. I set a bunch of people up with creds manually, but I won't be able to do that for much. We'll see whether we can get another PTS build up for that, but no guarantees.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    BUG
    Phantom Graffiti floating by building.

thatsnothowitworks.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug
    The texture on the stage dome is gone. It's now smooth, whereas it used to have a kind of leathery texture.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I find it funny that to get the archery imaginary weapon you have to get the melee weapon pack.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-20_20-20-34.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-20_20-23-56.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-20_20-29-42.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-20_20-29-51.jpg

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE FACELESS RAT!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Looks like the gattling gun is missing its aura.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Looks like the gattling gun is missing its aura.

it's not. Default color is pink but each shade has a different glow. If you get the darker colors it becomes more solid.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The odd part is how it can be black, or it can be pink, but it can't be any other color, no matter what you do.

Heck, I'd settle for translucent - then I could shoot people with Mind Bullets, just like Wonderboy (and his nemesis, Young Nasty Man).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate the cowboy ray gun. Devices that change my avatar's appearance without my permission (like being in a team) make me pissed off.

It will lessen my participation in the event.

Thanks, but no thanks.

The Draysha Gas Pistol was bad enough.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The True Foxbat mission went swimmingly, by the way. The only thing I could see about the video bit was that it said the store owner had put the disc in a generic case, so you couldn't examine the costume used in the cartoon.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Posted it in the other thread, mailed it to some people, and now I'm posting it here. As I see it, there is not enough time to test this before it goes live.....so somebody has to figure out something before that happens....please. :frown:

Bug: The Foxbat Cosplayer CD Timer does not work at all. This means that once you have tagged all 100 Cosplayers for the event...you're done. Game Over. They will NOT reset.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate the cowboy ray gun. Devices that change my avatar's appearance without my permission (like being in a team) make me pissed off.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Yeah... I can see where that could be a problem. Would ruin a lot of RP stuff. I was totally for it before, but then I gave it a little thought.

(Also, sorry for being an **** about that stuff earlier tonight, Rough.)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lets test Bullet Bound a few times since when it bugs it always works the first time.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015

BUG:cowboy hat (bent foxbat) cowboyification ray
    Live:
    Cowboyification hat is in tailor and unlocked.

Trailturtle, you added the commands to the wrong set.
    On the other hand it makes a nice transparent pink hat:biggrin:
    picture in tailor
    oops1_zpsgjzz93ox.png

picture behind PH, notice no Debugger, it's live. the 2 odd balls on hat are hair buns. so there are possibilities for bad jokes there.

oops2_zpsldhpta8x.png
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [Amazing Balls]
    or
    [Foxbat's Balls]?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Thanks, but no thanks.

It tosses a hat and some boots on you for 8 seconds and will only last for the duration of the event. It is a silly little device and it is really fun.

After the event is over, no more hat and boots. I understand how it could be a problem if it lasted longer and I wouldn't like it either but for something that is only a couple of weeks? Its honestly not that big of a deal.

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    It tosses a hat and some boots on you for 8 seconds and will only last for the duration of the event. It is a silly little device and it is really fun.

After the event is over, no more hat and boots. I understand how it could be a problem if it lasted longer and I wouldn't like it either but for something that is only a couple of weeks? Its honestly not that big of a deal.

It forces a hat and a boots into your carefully pieced costume possibly spoiling it and all this when you do not want it because it gives a control over your costume to other players who may or may not use if for trolling, but you are not given any choice anyway.

Not a good idea for a device and it may be used for taking fun of off others forthe duration of the event.

It's my character. I am deciding over my costumes as long as it does not break terms of service or PWE community rules and policies.

Do not force your definition of fun on other people.

Good thing now I've been warned about this device. Gonna avoid this years event as well.
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to admit, I am really excited for the invisible weapons, I was just thinking two days ago that building thematically would be so much more easier if I could hide my weapons. And it seems they are a reward and not a lockbox item, yay! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    riltmos wrote: »
    I have to admit, I am really excited for the invisible weapons, I was just thinking two days ago that building thematically would be so much more easier if I could hide my weapons. And it seems they are a reward and not a lockbox item, yay! :D
    Now if the invisible weapons would just become invisible, we'd be all set. :smile:

• Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since you already get slapped, forced to dance, hit by various flying objects, fattened, made glow a certain color you don't want and even moved against your own will all year long, i don't see them bothering with a temp device, and just as with other things of the sort that people thought were going to be overused by trolls (last year's temp devices) it is likely to mainly stick to a friendly use.
    Not everyone lives for the purpose of trolling and disrupting rp sessions, in fact pretty much nobody does.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think the Cowboyification Ray should be altered to only affect NPCs, if thats a doable option.

For the record, I have no issue with it as implemented, but its evident that a lot of players are concerned about its potential use for trolling. I think thats a valid concern to address.

Now, could someone give me a rundown on which weapon models the imaginary weapon set utilizes?

Also: Any chance we'll see the return of the prankster perk this year? Dropping a couple of consumables back into the loot table doesn't seem that much an issue...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    On an off note... The Squirrel Boy cosplayer looks like a young Smackwell and I love it.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Now if the invisible weapons would just become invisible, we'd be all set. :smile:

Actually invisible MA Claws would be nice.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't actually used this device on the PTS yet but from what I am reading here, it seems like it can be a fun device or a serious pain in the bum.

I have no problem with people having fun, but there are those out there who aren't as accommodating as most on this forum and will use devices to try and irritate other players or try to get a response from someone for their own personal amusement. And yes, I have been a victim of this repeatedly, it isn't fun at all.

That being said I'd back the option for this:
    Suggestion
    Remove the 28 second cooldown on the Cowboy gun and instead put a debuff on the target that makes them immune to the ray for 30 seconds. This will have a better effect against the calls of trolling (only one cowboyification every 30 seconds, instead of only one cowboyification every 30 seconds per attacker), and will make the gun more fun for anyone who wants to put cowboy hats on all sorts of NPCs.

Or

Allowing the Cowboyification gun to only affect NPCs in this manner but applicable to ALL NPCs, including Defender.

Or

A device "Say No to Cowboyification" device which can be purchased or better yet, provided to every character automatically.

This device, when toggled on would grant you the "Say No to Cowboyification" buff, which provides immunity to Cowboyification. This device should be set to last the entire event and if there is the chance of this device being permanent, there should be purchaseable permanent versions of this device as well.

I understand that this is all a bit of fun but there are players out there who will use this to annoy other players, who don't want hats and boots on their current costume by altering their costumes.

I am more for the "Say No to Cowboyification" device because that would literally allow players to control whether they are affected or not without taking the fun away from players who don't mind cowboyifying themselves and others who feel the same way.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Towards the end of the event...can we PLEASE get these in the C-Store as some sort of event based emote pack?

"/em Juggle"
    Foxbat1_zpsyqnmrzkv.jpg

"/em Wall_Lean"
    Foxbat3_zpsersb49ug.jpg

"/em Camera"
    Foxbat4_zpsy3uap1ql.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Can we please keep memes out of this thread - people complain devs don't fix stuff that is reported? well if we add spurious ****e to the thread I wouldnt blame them for not reading the whole thing and missing stuff. Also the point regarding the possible abuse of cowboyfication ray has been made, perhaps take further discussion to a seperate thread also.