test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Self-sidekick" feature

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Suggestions Box
So, given how we're not getting lvl 40 Help a Citizen missions, could we at least get a "self-sidekick" function in order to take lower-level missions and do them at the mission's original level?

This game has a lot more content than most think, the problem is that we skip 3/4ths of it because, even without doing alerts, we level too damn fast. I'd like a chance to go about all the content at my leisure.
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I gave myself a self-sidekick once.

I couldn't walk straight for a week.

This is why I wish they had converted the entire game to skull-tech.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you don't run regular content to level from 9 to 30 then you can play all the Help A Citizen missions at least four times a day each per character and level only with them.

Simply search out all citizens around your level to get the missions from and collect a complete list of missions your level before starting to actually run the missions. Now run your favorite mission, if you really really want to run it again, go find a citizen and get the mission again and run it again, repeat until the citizens have had enough of your exploitation of their desperation. Continue with your list of missions and saving citizens to repeat the missions.

Alerts are just Help A Citizen missions with an instant team, sidekicking to 30, XP bonus, teleport to team and no citizen interaction.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or, and I realize this may be no small thing to do, STO just has pretty much EVERYTHING set to LvL X.

Also, if you're looking for Help-A-Citizen Style Missions then head on over to VB. 80% of the stuff in that zone is a generic super-sized Help-A-Citizen Missions...and the other 20% is pretty awesome IMO.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I gave myself a self-sidekick once.

I couldn't walk straight for a week.

Not sure if you mean physically kicking yourself or the other thing thats in my head right now :3
    Psi.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Not sure if you mean physically kicking yourself or the other thing thats in my head right now :3

...I don't... I don't really understand what that other thing could be... and I'm kind of scared to ask why it would make you walk funny n_n
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's certainly possible to apply effects to critters when they're spawned, that's how difficulty scaling works. The question is whether either 'level' or 'scary monster' is in the category of effects that can be applied in that way (the way adventure packs works suggests yes, but there may be special case coding there). I'd rather have it adjust level, since that modifies the drop table, though there's something to be said for setting all of the lairs to use scary monster.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are some pieces of content which you can still do at level 40 that scales up. ARGENT HQ in MC for example (talk to Major Bonilla) that seems to scale with your level and deviates from the original level (IIRC level 20 -25s).

There are plenty of missions to do in that zone that no one goes to...Vibora Bay...most of them are pretty interesting. Help a Citizen missions...sometimes when you save a civilian at higher levels they come and talk to you but their mission giving is locked out because of your level...what I'd like to see is some new higher level missions for lvl 40s from Civilians, which are zone specific.

For example:

Stanley runs up to you and tells you about something going viral on "Herobook" or "InstaSnap", which is a video or picture of a super villain operating in a warehouse in [Insert Zone], and says you should check it out.

Then you get the usual mission and you run off to that zone and fight the enemies and face off against the super villain(s) inside the mission.

We have plenty of villains in game that aren't used more than once or have limited uses (GRAB for example) and even more lore wise....would be nice to see them in game even if it is via a new chain of "Help A Citizen" quests for level 40s.