test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

99% sure I just sorted the pvp/alert q bug.

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
So I'm sure everyone remembers (because I'm hopeful like that) when I said "queue as a team and you'll fix the alert q bug" right?

Did that tonight. And I finally found what I feel is the culprit. We had the regular "full team is ok, one X joins with you and kills it, the clock stops" issue that my solution has been fixing. Well. I got the team together to kick the queue, as I always do. It bugged. As so:

j7atg9.jpg

The system queued someone twice. Gave me evidence of both. As the team lead: I unqueued all of us, went to the poho, then went back into mc and swapped instances. Requeued. It worked again, and the queue behaved as it normally does. Started rotating again. It put someone in the queue twice. I'd say "were they queued before they joined the team?" but this happens in pvp (same queue) when nobody is in a team.

It *seems* like it's double-calling the queue for some players accidentally, and when that happens it's just flat out breaking stuff. Trying to spawn an instance twice for one player. When that can't happen, it just breaks. Kicks everyone out. Sometimes it'll break so hard that I have to take a team and fully cycle the alert. Then it'll work as it usually does. But what does this have to do with the pvp bug?

Simple, pvp never rotates out. It's a static queue. If this pops up, it sticks around for who knows how long, and then it works for a few. PVP people, you've seen this happen right? The one good queue before it all goes to hell again? Premades make it work better, right?

I believe this is why. And I think I just FINALLY got proof.
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For the record, we sat there double-queued long enough for this to not be a coincidence that something about what I screenied is involved. The second that went away, we had like 20 seconds of a wait. I'm not sure if it's a NEW bug, but the usual tactics nuked it. Leads me to think there's something to this.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Taco, Please tell me, you sent a message to Trailturtle to read this when he is on.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Report to TT Immidiatly

This BUG Exist since the On Alerts update!

I have seen that the Queue system me Twice on the same alert, and when I leave the queue the Players on waiting Queue get reduced by 1 but I'm still Queueud

Notice the BURST Won't go away and rotate until a 5th Member Queueu as well, and as soon someone do it Pops and Rotates! Frustating
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    this should be added to the bugs section of the wiki
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah pretty much in the PvP queue it never bugged when most of us were on vent and we were all like "join this one" then all joined up at pretty much the exact time to fill it to 10.

PvP kicking bug isn't happy that you found out his tactic for winning...

h05mnpT.gif
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Speaks loads for the game when players figure out stuff devs cant :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug is over two years old. If anyone honestly believes this is getting fixed any time soon if ever, they're delusional. Any day now the fix is going to appear on the next PTS build! They're just waiting for the right moment to surprise us. That must be it!

What a joke. Say that actually does happen. Too little too late.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xeiros wrote: »
    This bug is over two years old. If anyone honestly believes this is getting fixed any time soon if ever, they're delusional. Any day now the fix is going to appear on the next PTS build! They're just waiting for the right moment to surprise us. That must be it!

What a joke. Say that actually does happen. Too little too late.

Have some faith in the devs. They will fix this after they fix the targeting. Seriously.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's so frustating that if NOBODY queue for an Alert, the alert won't rotate

Ao-Qephoth in Pyramid of Power has been up 30+ Minutes now =_=
    Nobody Queues for him because we all know he is Unbeatable in Pyramid except if you have Scarn's Bane

and there are still people who will defend Ao-Qephoth ...
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!