test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about a previously-gold account.

biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
So, my brother was subscribed to the game for over a year but he only played once. He had two characters, one level 5, and the other level 1. He started when the game was still subscription-only.

Now, he logged into his account yesterday and he has six character slots. Four were empty, and two were his locked gold characters. How did he get six slots? We're previous subscribers given free slots when the game went free to play?

And what happens to the gold characters on the account? If he retrains one to an archetype, does it cost anything to turn him back should he choose to go gold later on?

What if he deletes one of his gold characters? Does he lose a slot and go down to 5, or does it just turn into a free silver slot?

I'm pretty sure he never bought any character slots since he would have had 8 slots (6 unused) while he was subscribed.
biffsig.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If he deletes a toon, its slot vanishes. I think he can fill empty slots with Silver toons, but again, if he deletes one the slot vanishes. This process continues until he's down to as many Silver slots as he had - probably two. Once he's down to the number of slots a Silver account usually has, it becomes possible to delete and reroll.

Also, if one of the toons he currently has is Freeform, he can convert it to an AT he owns for free once. If he ever subscribes and wants to convert it back to FF, or to a different AT, it'll cost; as long as it remains an AT that he owns as a Silver, it can convert between Silver and Gold freely. I believe this still applies even if it used the free change token earlier.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if he was gold and only had 2 characters below 10,when his subs ran out, he should have gone down to 2 slots total.

that one would be best sent to CS because it sounds like he is still is listed as gold.

check his subs page and see what it says, it may have reactivated his subs payments.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!