test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nighthawk breaks alert queues. Here is how to fix them.

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Today, Madame Mayhem dominated the queue for a long time. Hours, in fact, and was dropping players left and right. I saw it in zone, I heard it in a few channels, and I know how to fix it. I did so already tonight, and it's cycling again, but just in case... Here's how to kick the queue and get it moving again.

Grab a team. Get 5 people, it doesn't matter as long as you can beat the alert. BEATING THE ALERT IS KEY. Queue as a team, beat the alert.

There, you just fixed the queue.

Yes, this will make Ao'q go away as well. Tested and verified. If he's taking over? Grab a team and beat him up. The queue'll move, even if nobody else is doing it. But right now, it's especially important, because the Nighthawk event is calling some queue scripts that haven't been used in forever. It *will* break stuff, it's been doing so all day. Rather than bugging the devs?

There's how you fix it yourself.

Happy hunting!
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Madam Mayhem's not even that hard. I mean, she may not be a pushover like Poe, but she's no Jack Fool or Ao'HellNo, either. No tricks needed to beat her at all.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Madam Mayhem's not even that hard. I mean, she may not be a pushover like Poe, but she's no Jack Fool or Ao'HellNo, either. No tricks needed to beat her at all.

The queue was stuck on Madam Mayhem that night. Meaning people were queuing up for the her alert.. but couldn't actually enter the Alert to play.

We seemed to be able to fix this by creating a pre-made group and then queuing up. After our pre-made group beat the Alert, the queue became unstuck.

The key being the alert was stuck on Madame Mayhem and not letting any players in to play.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good advice.. ive noted when Hi Pan came back occasionally during the Tako event.. Hi Pans Dragon would spam fire at hyper speed and the Hi PAn henchmen moved at super speed
    with the Yin Yang negative debuff hitting you
    Sort of patching can lead to a trigger in of some tester data file fast forwarding action
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    None of you has realized this because nobody PvPs in champions online anymore... but this bug sounds suspiciously similar to the bug that plagues the hero game's team-based ques... well that's a funny thing.