test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powerhouse target dummies should feed energy builder.

nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Power Discussion
I'm level 12 Automaton, trying to test my chainsaw, I have to wait like a minute between uses because the energy builder gets almost no power from slamming the target.

My energy actually builds faster not using the energy builder power.
I wonder if its the same in normal combat.

This should be fixed.
Post edited by nextnametaken on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure what ya mean. Wrist Bolter should work fine on the dummies at lvl 12. Now, since they dun attack you they can't fuel stuff like Defiance or Compassion stacking- but ur talking about the new AT here. So I dunno what's going on there (you do get reduced energy hitting targets at a much higher lvl than you, maybe that's it).

Also, the chainsaw isn't worth it on the Automaton. From my testing, its lower dps than even the 2 blast powers, since the kit lacks Str SS and because TC doesn't boost melee dmg- and that's on a geared lvl 40 which has OD working for chainsaw. Unless ya really like the looks of it, Chest Beam is the overall better investment.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Main question would be: Are you hitting level 10 dummies or level 40 ones?

Energy Builders build energy (partially) based on how much damage they deal to the target, you deal less damage to targets above your own level.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Energy Builders build energy (partially) based on how much damage they deal to the target.
    No they don't; you can energy build on totally invulnerable targets. However, powers scale in basically all aspects based on relative level, and that includes energy building.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It's been my experience with Wrist Bolter while playing an Automaton to level 40 at least (~99% of the XP after level 10 from Alerts & Alert missions, so enemy level should not be an issue). Less damage = less energy gain when comparing dodges and enemies with other defensive abilities.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Less damage = less energy gain when comparing dodges and enemies with other defensive abilities.
    Oh right, dodge does actually affect energy building. However, that's not actually linked to damage, it's possible to dodge totally nondamaging effects (this occasionally causes animation glitches).
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh they were purple dummies, it was the first block out of the transport and when that didn't provide energy I attacked the first dummy in sight, so maybe that was the problem.

Never noticed energy builder was variable depending on the mob before.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Oh right, dodge does actually affect energy building. However, that's not actually linked to damage, it's possible to dodge totally nondamaging effects (this occasionally causes animation glitches).
    Just goes to show how often I bother using Energy Builders in normal gameplay...
  • Options
    ethershardethershard Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With the Inferno build...energy builders are a must!