test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO crashes after Picking up Mechanon event reward

chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
Title says it all. Now it doesn't happen every time but it has happened to me several times, about 5 out of the 30 or so events I have done so far.

Anyone else experience this?
@Powerblast in game
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, I've had 6 or so since Friday.

It's the game and not your machine. I'm running high specs and mine still crashes to desktop every 3 Mechanon battles or so.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just for these kinds of events I put my graphics at minimum even though I normally play at the recommended specs with some tweaking here and there. Turning off damage counters also helps a lot too since they are considered part of the graphical settings and having around 100 people attack one boss the numbers will add up to slow down your machine. If you have no problems graphics wise, well PWE/Cryptic servers have been slow past few weeks now. I would be D/Cing from other titles besides CO constantly.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I turned off everything in the HUD . I haven't had a SNR since then. I sometimes lag like hell during the big fight but that's cuz my net is slow at peak periods...

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can't adjust your graphics settings to prevent the UI from destroying your connection.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can't adjust your graphics settings to prevent the UI from destroying your connection.
    It's probably player names and maybe health bars, not graphics settings. I haven't had any stability problems, but I also have my hud settings so it only shows names if I hover the mouse over someone.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, I've had 6 or so since Friday.

It's the game and not your machine. I'm running high specs and mine still crashes to desktop every 3 Mechanon battles or so.

I figured this, I myself have a fairly high spec computer. AMD FX-8320 8-core, 3.5 Ghz, AMD R9 270x Graphics card, 16 gb of memory, and a 500 gb ssd. I also have a very good 25/25 fiber internet connection, and while the game does slow down a bit while fighting Mechanon, I do not experience the crippling lag some have described, but have crashed after the fight was over.
    @Powerblast in game