test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Finale is NOT Scarlet Crusade Finale... hopefully?

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
I really, really hope this isn't Steel Crusade's end. I hope Mechanon has at least 2 or 3 more plans ready to be deployed.

Just saying. :)

P.D: I know, I messed the thread's name.
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is. Sorry?
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think they mean they wanna see some more story content involving Mechanon down the line... Which I wouldn't mind :biggrin:
    Proud player of both CO and STO!
    edited September 2014
    Well yes. BUT this is it for THIS update. Anything more to do with Mechanon might not be for a while, probably two more content updates on par with this one.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I suspect they'll be working on the other stuff they hinted at that will use the space station as a hub before they go to more Mechanon.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited September 2014
    A space invasion seems the next logical step since introducing Gateway opens up a lot. Either that or the introduction to the rivalry company to Harmon who made Gateway and stir up some superhero instability.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to see more Roinesh or Gadroon stuff. They're aliens right? time to go find where they live and explain to them why they should leave earth alone >)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    It may be the last act of the Steel Crusade, it even approaches what is right power level for Mechanon when it gets serious, but it's very unlikely to be the last bit of story involving Mechanon ever.

Mechanon is quite hard to destroy and really immortal even by standards of superhero comic books villains. You can never be sure if you managed to destroy it for good.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I seem to recall reading that Steel Crusade was intended to be permanent content, as the first mission based out of the new Gateway hub. Time will tell, of course, if my recollection is accurate...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    The mission arc, including cislunar mechanon, is permanent.

The Giant mechanon I don't think is, but it would make a great rampage if it was scaled down a bit.

Correct on both counts. The mission is perm, the Meganon (just my nickname for it) is a temporary
    event.

Well yes. BUT this is it for THIS update. Anything more to do with Mechanon might not be for a while, probably two more content updates on par with this one.

Pretty much this. Just like Mechanon was a hanging plot thread for a long time, now he goes back into the stable of story options. I doubt we've seen the last of him, but his immediate plans have been foiled.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be interesting to see some extrasolar factories or a moon factory every now and then.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • tsariastsarias Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    will the primary steel crusade missions continue to be available so that we can rack up mechanon coalition recognition? i havent had enough time to get all the awesome costume pieces yet!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    tsarias wrote: »
    will the primary steel crusade missions continue to be available so that we can rack up mechanon coalition recognition? i havent had enough time to get all the awesome costume pieces yet!

Yep, those are perm.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need to "visit" the Gadroon home world and "make contact" with whatever they have for A Supreme Intelligence...like Black Knight (Dane Whitman) "made contact" with the Kree Supreme Intelligence.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    foxyperson wrote: »
    I really, really hope this isn't Steel Crusade's end. I hope Mechanon has at least 2 or 3 more plans ready to be deployed.

Just saying. :)

P.D: I know, I messed the thread's name.

Yeah, unfortunately this is it. Not with a bang, but a whimper. (some neat explosions half way through though, but all sound and fury signifying nothing).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well... I can still Dream for Mechanon to appear during the Christmas Event and Turn Clarence into
    MECHA ULTRA CYBER CLARENCE

Would be Cool~ :confused:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Correct on both counts. The mission is perm, the Meganon (just my nickname for it) is a temporary
    event.

Pretty much this. Just like Mechanon was a hanging plot thread for a long time, now he goes back into the stable of story options. I doubt we've seen the last of him, but his immediate plans have been foiled.

Is Meganon coming back next year? If not, I think it was crap that his drop rates sucked so much.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I doubt we've seen the last of him, but his immediate plans have been foiled.

Thanks for the reply, TT! :)