test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reconstruction Circuits - bugged in the Automaton AT?

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Power Discussion
Hi guys, I was playing on the Automaton AT. There's something weird with Reconstruction Circuits.

To my understanding, Reconstruction Circuits is a heal-over-time move in the Power Armour set's chest slot. That means if I got it going, I can't do something like Chest Beam.

However, on the Automaton AT, I found I cannot use my Energy Builder when I got Reconstruction Circuits on, either. Also, other moves like Binding Shot are also greyed out.

Is this a bug with just the AT? I usually go with BCR, so I'm not sure.
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Chest slot means you can use hand slot and shoulder slot powers at the same time. Everything else is locked out. Wrist Bolters are only hand slot with an advantage, Binding Shot isn't a slot power.

-Ogre
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this a bug with just the AT?

No. It's just, badly made.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Now I see. I also got an answer from Meedacthunist confirming, thanks all.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately the AT is rather clunky in it's design. However, you can choose the 1-point "Automated Assault" advantage for wrist bolters. Which will allow to use your energy builder while R.C. is running. The energy builder won't build energy while R.C. is on, but it will still do damage.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    Unfortunately the AT is rather clunky in it's design. However, you can choose the 1-point "Automated Assault" advantage for wrist bolters. Which will allow to use your energy builder while R.C. is running. The energy builder won't build energy while R.C. is on, but it will still do damage.
    Yup. W/o the AA adv, wrist bolter isn't flagged as a PA slot power, so w/o the adv ya can't use it while any other PA slot moves (like circuits) are running. AA will make it channel for some light extra dmg (but no energy gain) while circuits is running, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    No. It's just, badly made.

^This... I would love to use this power more but it really is fairly poor. It is not all that effective and it takes up an important slot.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ogremindes wrote: »
    Chest slot means you can use hand slot and shoulder slot powers at the same time. Everything else is locked out. Wrist Bolters are only hand slot with an advantage, Binding Shot isn't a slot power.

rocket punch is a hand slot and can be used while using the recon circuits
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Leveled up my Automation and I'd have to say this and the fact that the energy builder range is 50ft instead of 100ft like most of the powerset were my biggest annoyances.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Leveled up my Automation and I'd have to say this and the fact that the energy builder range is 50ft instead of 100ft like most of the powerset were my biggest annoyances.

....but every single energy builder in the entire game is 50ft.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And if you have to rely on your Energy Builder, theres something wrong in your build.
    Wait? What?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif