test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Off Topic
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-for-ps4-xbox-one-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc

I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully this means remasters for 2 and 3 as well.

A little far-fetched to say, but hopefully also a new RE game that isn't an action shooter and an actual survival-horror game.
Post edited by jennymachx on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So if I am reading that article right all they are doing is making the Gamecube version 1080p with a few more of the bells and whistles like AA and such active. Interesting but, the last time they did that, it didn't go over well since most people don't' really care for the original REs control scheme anymore. I know I have the GameCube game and I loved RE, but even I was a bit boggled by the controls at least being somewhat updated.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually it seems that there will be various control schemes according to the article. Players not liking the classic tank controls will have other options. Personally I never had any issues with tank controls, even up to this day.

I never played the GC remake (never had a GC sadly) so I guess this is an opportunity for me to see what I've missed out on.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It'll be interesting to be able to move the camera around. I liked the cinematic feel the still cameras gave to the game, but now that they're no longer needed (no one needs pre-rendered backgrounds anymore) the gameplay should feel a bit more natural. And excellent choice to put in new control schemes.

Speaking of pre-rendered backgrounds, my brother decided to play Ocarina of Time on my 60" 1080p TV, and holy cow does the game look absolutely TERRIBLE when they used pre-rendered backgrounds.
    biffsig.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It'll be interesting to be able to move the camera around. I liked the cinematic feel the still cameras gave to the game, but now that they're no longer needed (no one needs pre-rendered backgrounds anymore) the gameplay should feel a bit more natural. And excellent choice to put in new control schemes.

Speaking of pre-rendered backgrounds, my brother decided to play Ocarina of Time on my 60" 1080p TV, and holy cow does the game look absolutely TERRIBLE when they used pre-rendered backgrounds.

old games look better when you emulate them u3u
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally I'd still stick to fixed cameras on my first playthrough. Assuming that there will also be an over-the-shoulder camera like RE 4 and 5, it could provide a different and fun perspective so I want to see how that turns out.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still Dino Crisis gets no love. Id love to see a remake of that.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    old games look better when you emulate them u3u

I'll be sure to take a picture for you.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Konami just stole Capcoms thunder :D

Kojima just trolled the gamerverse again with the help of his new bestie Del Toro with this P.T game demo :P
    Turns out this P.T is really called Silent Hills and it looks like Norman Reedus is playing Harry.

LEAD PIPE HYPE A GO GO!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!