test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"3rd generation" costume pieces

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
I just have to say I'm very pleased with the latest costume sets and pieces (from the Movie Foxbat set and the speedster googles to the Alien Hybrid set).

That's all. I'm looking forward to the future costume sets and auras. :)
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish they would go through all the older costume sets and touch them up or improve them, but I know that would take a lot of resources that they probably can't spare if we actually want real content.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish they would go through all the older costume sets and touch them up or improve them

I'd like this.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd settle for "better, non-ugly hair for hats" options.

I would like some of the hairs for hats to be available without the hats.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    I would like some of the hairs for hats to be available without the hats.

/signed!

Who do we have to kill to have short, flipped out hair available??

That, and new short and long capes with the new skeletons from the Foxbat and King Sekhen sets!
    edited July 2014
    Some basic things I would like;

Skin given some texture and features for males and females, just something to give it more detail instead of relying on shadowing to try and fill that in.

Some more facial skin features to help players differentiate their characters appearance from others.

A lot of the old costumes using the new unwrapping tech so they lose the broken seems or disproportional wrapping, especially under the arms (female characters specifically).

Maybe higher quality texturing to generation 1 costumes and go back over the buggy generation 2 costumes to fix them up.

Oh and more hairstyles.

And my number 1 costume... proper beast legs with actual decent things like animal paws and such that allow us to use clothing like pants instead of what we have now that is just a warped regular leg.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One thing for me either sleeveless coats or the option to have sleeves as their own layer

PLEASE
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish they would go through all the older costume sets and touch them up or improve them, but I know that would take a lot of resources that they probably can't spare if we actually want real content.

I think that at bare minimum, they at least need to fix a few of the things that seem more obviously broken or missing. In other words, we understand that they can't fix everything but some of the worst or the theoretically easy should be fixed.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One thing for me either sleeveless coats or the option to have sleeves as their own layer

PLEASE
    Sleeveless coats? That Sounds Sexy~! My character who wears Trench coat can use this! :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Been really enjoying the Alien Tights. I also really liked a lot of the Rampage pieces.

Thanks Cryptic.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I'm very pleased with what we've been seeing from CN costume wise.

I would love to see more costumes like this however:

Here

And Auras like this:

Here

:wink:
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I'm very pleased with what we've been seeing from CN costume wise.

I would love to see more costumes like this however:

Here

I want normal clothes, that look good. We don't need another *bleep*ing dress for women right now and definitely not high heel shoes. Nice casual clothes and such, not formal wear.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want normal clothes, that look good. We don't need another *bleep*ing dress for women right now and definitely not high heel shoes. Nice casual clothes and such, not formal wear.

They do look good. And they can be the basis for normal clothes, well...if you are fashionable that is.

Personally I think it's something sorely missing from CO's costume range. We have the ability to make casual clothes, but fashionable and casual? Not so much.

People on that thread seemed to agree, but hey, if the Devs are able to do this or want to include it that'd be great.

I'd definitely welcome more hairstyles and more heels :3
    edited July 2014
    They do look good. And they can be the basis for normal clothes, well...if you are fashionable that is.

Personally I think it's something sorely missing from CO's costume range. We have the ability to make casual clothes, but fashionable and casual? Not so much.

People on that thread seemed to agree, but hey, if the Devs are able to do this or want to include it that'd be great.

I'd definitely welcome more hairstyles and more heels :3

We can easily make a lot of fashionably casual clothes. We have several variety of high heeled shoes ranging from closed to open and several variety of skirts as well as tops to go with it. We need is more casual clothing that is actually nice and casual, which we have little of at this point, like a belly tee. And I don't mean a sports bra either.

Not to mention fashion is also subjective, considering I find high heeled shoes ugly and a hazard.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Fun fact: CN addressed a longstanding gripe of mine with tights textures. If you look at the seem of the model (under the armpit) you'll notice barely any textures actually line up properly. New textures no longer have this problem.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Yeah. Finally.
    Though I think it was made by using new torso model, hence all the new textures are under their own category, not with other tights patterns.
    I wonder if there is any chance to have new textures unlocked on basic torso layer and basic hip layer pieces?

As for casual clothes, two things are needed - not-so-short short skirts (something in lenght between short skirts and medium skirts, like wizard skirt) and shirts/tights showing midriff.

I like all recent tights patterns because I'm always short on tights patterns. The more, the better.