test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bunni's "Wouldn't it be nice if..." Tailor Redesign

jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestions Box
For starters I want to point out that these are just my opinions on how the tailor could be reorganized to allow for more creative options but still using the majority of the existing tailor. I do realize that this is just wishful thinking and that realistically this isn't an option that I'm likely to see. However the super optimistic part of me said what the heck and I've decided to post it anyways :P

The following suggestions are focused on the actual organization of the tailor versus the issues with specific parts. Feel free to comment on any of my ideas or to add your own below! I've divided the categories into each tailor “tab” to keep my thoughts more organized.

HEAD:

Remove the Full Masks and Luchador categories and instead place them under “Head type” with Heads and Hairs.
This will allow more options for what is basically a “skin” like partial masks.
Also include for partial masks and luchador under “Diffuse” a lipstick option for females and a 5 o' clock shadow for males, both with or without the shaded eye makeup. The shaded eye makeup should be colorable to mesh with eye masks better if desired.

Animal ears/Antlers/Antennae should be under a separate category (NOT head wear) and also available under Hats and Helmets.
It would be nice to allow anthro characters options rather than choosing between animal ears or things like hats or other head wear.

Hoods should be included under Hats and Helmets.
This category is a waste to be on it's own.

Unlock all hair types under Hats and Helmets.

Remove Short Hairs and Collars category.
Place all the collars under Collar.

Bestial, Monster, and Insect Heads belong under Heads and Hairs.
There are already robot heads and other non human options available there, so why not have all the heads in one place.
Head specific options (IE: Lemurian armor for reptile heads) will remain attached to their types.

Move ALL items from Face Masks and Armor to Heads and Hairs.
The following should be under “Eye Accessories”:
-Gas Mask 1 & 2
-Hockey Mask
-Kabuki Mask
-Nephilim Full and Mouthless
-Plague Mask
-Vine
The remaining parts will fall under “Head wear”

Allow “Side Accessories” to have a left, right and both option like bracers, arm accessories and leg options.

TORSO:

Do NOT restrict Back/Neck/Belts for Chest wear and Jackets.

Integrated Shoulders should be moved, this category is too restrictive.
Collar parts:
-Dr Ka.
-Egyptian Beads
-Armor Arc
-Cowl Wide
The remaining parts can be moved to Chest Wear.

What is the Miscellaneous category for??
Seriously, what is it's purpose??

Full shirts should be an option under “Chest and Arms”
It's already possible for some of the full shirts to be used under chest wear and jackets, why limit them?

Unlock bracers, arm accessories, belts and neck parts for Jackets.
There's no need to allow some options through and not all.

Allow capes to have all types available regardless of the mantel.
IE: Nightwing usable with the Tech Attachment or Foxbat with Takofane's mantle.

Robotic arms shouldn't have restrictions on Arm Accessories.
There are no restrictions for other options, so why just this one?

HANDS:

Allow the use of different length gloves for individual hands (IE: A long glove on the left hand and a short glove on the right)

Allow bracers to be used with long gloves.

LOWER BODY:

Hip wear should not prevent using belts.
Beast legs allow usage of belts, so why not normal/robot legs?

With the addition of “Belt Accessory”, the following items should be relocated there:
-Superconductor
-Lasso
-Flintlock
-Strapless Holster Western & empty
-Tonfa
-Katana
-Persian
-Side Sword
-Sword
These items are positioned to be used with belts already and would make sense to include them in belt accessories so that more appropriate leg armor/accessories could also be used.

Foot Accessories should now include the Holo Hex Field in addition to the Graves that beast legs have.
In addition, could those graves be available for normal legs as well?

Hip wear for Robotic and Bestial legs shouldn't be restricted.

SLIDERS:

Add a back piece slider for non cape/ non wing parts.

Add a slider to adjust emblem size (both horizontal and vertical).

SEARCH FUNCTION:

Introduce an advanced search function.
Filter parts via part location (IE: choosing shoulders would only reveal shoulders that fit the name searched)

Have part names and the pieces that unlock them match.
There is a lot of confusion when a part is named drastically different when unlocked.

UI:

Allow players to name saved costume files in game.
Default to the standard format if no name is entered.

Create a search function for costume loads.
Players potentially have hundreds of (if not more) costume files, and scrolling through a master list is time consuming.

MISCELLANEOUS:

All textures should be available for all parts.

Tailor Costs:
For color changes only, there should be no charge. This sometimes happens, but it's inconsistent. Also there should be no cost to “put on” a costume in the tailor.
For level 40s the cost in the tailor shouldn't be at the highest. I suggest at level 6 instead it be at the highest, and then starting at lvl 10, every 5 levels the cost lower by a certain percentage till at lvl 40. This serves as a reward for people who have played through to max levels on their characters.

Skin color options should match the current available colors for other parts.
The general concern is that nude characters can be made, but since that's already possible with the limited color palette, this is not a valid reason for the restriction. As such, people that make costumes that violate the ToS should be dealt with according to policy.
EU5doX8.jpg
@Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,606 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is entirely possible to remove all restrictions and include more options with no limitations! Players have proved that it can be done. Its just that Cryptic doesn't accept volunteered work for some reason which is probably none.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would be glad for all of this...though on my own characters I can't stand it when costume pieces clip in odd ways, it can totally ruin a look that had so much potential! There would be a lot of that going on with all restrictions removed...but I guess it is an acceptable trade off.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is entirely possible to remove all restrictions and include more options with no limitations! Players have proved that it can be done. Its just that Cryptic doesn't accept volunteered work for some reason which is probably none.

More like Cryptic thinks about the average player of the game, since most people seemingly have PCs that can barely operate their OS let alone run Champions decently. Has nothing to do with not accepting community work, has everything to do with understanding how budgets, even within the limitations of the engine, work.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    More like Cryptic thinks about the average player of the game, since most people seemingly have PCs that can barely operate their OS let alone run Champions decently. Has nothing to do with not accepting community work, has everything to do with understanding how budgets, even within the limitations of the engine, work.

Short of blatantly stacking a million objects of the same category on top of one another (something that wouldn't happen if just extra categories were unlocked), this is entirely a non-issue. Or so I assume, because it's already well within bounds to make a costume I think would have a fighting chance at murdering a person's PC.

More so than costume design, I'd say the bigger current feature that has a chance to lag computers are auras. Overlaying up to eight particle effects can probably be a bit harrowing.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bunni this has all my yes. All of it! You take all my yes!
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /singed
    /song
    /sow

But seriously, signed. Also, maybe we should make a suggestion on making emblems match up with a tight's material and colors better? Emblems come off as off colored way too easily.
    edited June 2014
    I know it is possible and would be far easier to allow a complete unlocking of the tailor. But since it's even less likely to happen than even my unlikely scenario, I chose to keep the majority of the existing set up in tact and to squeeze out the most it could offer but doesn't in it's current state.

I also agree that emblems (in addition to many other parts) need a shading adjustment to allow for better matching with colors, but I tried to keep it out of my suggestions mainly because it's been mentioned a lot in other costume part suggestion threads.

And I'm with Bluh on this one. Auras are FAR more likely to cause lag/viewing issues than costume parts ever would.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    /signed so hard!

If I may add a suggestion of my own though, fix emblems so that they scale right regardless of breast size. I usually like to pull the slider down from its default of max, but it stretches the emblems.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    If I may add a suggestion of my own though, fix emblems so that they scale right regardless of breast size. I usually like to pull the slider down from its default of max, but it stretches the emblems.

Added to my sliders section ^.^
    EU5doX8.jpg