test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super natural Nemesis

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestions Box
Why does that Nemesis only heal like upto a few hundred HP per pulse when players could heal 10x that much, why not give a boost to how much HP is regenerated with them and/maybe Bosses which equivalent to 1 - 2 thousand points instead? cause right now it's a joke, even Tanks could out Damage it atm.
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    Why does that Nemesis only heal like upto a few hundred HP per pulse when players could heal 10x that much, why not give a boost to how much HP is regenerated with them and/maybe Bosses which equivalent to 1 - 2 thousand points instead? cause right now it's a joke, even Tanks could out Damage it atm.

Mob AI as a whole needs improvement, with the nemesis system being something that needs a lot of TLD (Tender Loving Development).

Whether this is by designing new mission pathways based on existing missions (give us a choice in the mission which affects later missions) or designing new missions altogether something needs to be done to spruce up the Nemesis System.

Nemesis that have healing power only seem to be as "strong" as what powers were originally intended to heal for and as a result have not been updated. Notice that they don't have form powers to increase "CC", Damage or Healing or their own defense.

In order to offset this or rather an attempt to balance it out would be granting your nemesis higher HP, then again this isn't much of a barrier.

But until such improvements come along there are other things which you can do to get past this.

You could always self nerf, if you want your nemesis to last longer in combat. This could be by removing primary gear or secondaries, slowing down how quickly you attack (self imposed delay on attack sequence) or just not use your form power, AO or AD and perhaps even limit your own healing.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You could always self nerf, if you want your nemesis to last longer in combat. This could be by removing primary gear or secondaries, slowing down how quickly you attack (self imposed delay on attack sequence) or just not use your form power, AO or AD and perhaps even limit your own healing.

That would be like asking PvP'ers to not use Devices and build down to your level (Gear, Powers) to make a fairer match, aint gonna happen... I do agree with the above you stated.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited June 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    That would be like asking PvP'ers to not use Devices...aint gonna happen... I do agree with the above you stated.

Funny you should say that...I asked PvPers not to use devices in my PvP Tourney at my event last week and it worked, everyone pretty much had a good time! :wink:

Mentella's Cosmic Key Event - PvP
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    The fact its possible to gimp yourself or remove all your gear is really no excuse for stupid AI and nemesis which can barley fight back.

The ball is in cryptic's court, its not our responsibility to suck on purpose.

Nemesis should be very challenging enemies, since after all its supposed to be your hero's arch villain, at least as powerful/dangerous.

or we should at least be able to make it that way. perhaps also tie the rewards for defeating a nemesis into nemesis difficulty, so no one gets upset that you picked a tough nemesis because they'll be rewarded for the effort.

I didn't say it was an excuse nor suggest that this was a permanent solution. If you saw the sentence above what you quoted you'd see that wasn't what I was trying to put across.

There is always the option of taking a nemesis that you know you'll have some difficulty with. Clich
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like using gadgeteer nems with ice minions. haters gonna hate.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can make your Nem tougher by fighting in the Monster Island Lava Temple with difficulty set to Elite.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gradii, true. But you can *see* shadow minions. Advantage: ice.

Seriously, I've used em a few times, and even I wanna quit the alert. That's a talent, right there.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine