test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please look at the following powers, they require fixing.

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
Hi there,

The following powers are either bugged or flat out broken or are functioning "as intended" but this allows them to be exploitable and/or become a potential issue by and for players.

Mental Storm - This is a telepathy paralyze but does not count towards Telepathic Reverberation Energy Unlock, when it should.

Mental Leech - This is a telepathy attack which can attack targets whilst they are sleeping, however it does not trigger Telepathic Reverberation Energy Unlock.

Shadow of Doubt - This is a telepathy attack which can attack targets whilst they are sleeping, however it does not trigger Telepathic Reverberation Energy Unlock.

Mind Break - This is a telepathy attack which can be used on held and disorientated targets and should trigger Telepathic Reverberation Energy Unlock.

Telekinetic Burst - This power does not count towards proc'ing Concentration, either on full charge or on tap x4 at more than 25ft from targets.

Personal Force Field - Goes without saying really. The shield regeneration per 3 sec is bugged as it auto halves in combat, meaning that the longer you stay in combat the worse your ability to keep up Personal Force Field will be. A good start would be fixing this bug. There have been countless suggestions by players who use this power to add something to it to make it more than satisfactory but as a start fixing the regeneration per 3 second bug would be great.

Energy Storm - This power can be exploited versus Personal Force Field users and Field Surge users in a variety of different ways;

1. It can be spammed continually to reduce the strength of the Personal Force Field rendering it useless/non existent with a few spams
  2. This 'Containment Field' Charge is able to attack Personal Force Field, Field Surge, Protection Field, Mindful Reinforcement, Energy Refraction and Hardened Particle Matrix.
  3. The debuff it applies (before infused energy is released) prevents and removes all forms of shielding for the majority of the snare duration (energy devoured debuff). This also makes Personal Force Field very weak and takes longer than usual to restore itself.

The easiest way to fix this is to tag or highlight Personal Force Field and Field Surge to be exempt from being reduced by Energy Storm, as right now they are tagged as Containment Fields. (So the shield charge would still be granted but these two abilities will not be degraded in the process).

I see no reason for it not to work or be used to combat other forms of shielding like Protection Field, Mindful Reinforcement etc, just not a bugged Defensive Passive and its accompanying "oh snap" button the Actiive Defensive Field Surge.

Note: This change would only affect PLAYERS. Not NPCs, as they usually have heaps of HP to counteract this unique effect.

I've brought this up with particular focus to Energy Storm and Personal Force Field because this passive already doesn't have a lot going for it in terms of being targeted by the most widespread organization in game namely VIPER, being bugged almost all the time and now facing a power outside of high DPS which is accessible to players which costs zero energy to spam or even use first time which can devastate the power.
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    ...leave energy storm the hell alone, its useless enough as it is.

if you make the damage worthy of an ultimate, we can talk about removing current effects.

Did you actually read what I said? Or have you just seen that the words 'fixed' and 'Energy Storm' are in the same post?

The damage that can be gained from Energy Storm can be upwards of 10k easily. With a Rank 2 Energy Storm I can achieve 6.4k at least on a full END build, with concentration giving me 5% per stack.

Energy Storm merely requires set up and patience. The ability to reduce a struggling passive to nothing is not useless.

If you've used Energy Storm as it's intended to be used you'll see it is not useless.

The solutions to this issue are doable as far as I am aware and do not render the power "useless". It is more common to encounter Protection Fields, Mindful Reinforcement etc than PFF users.

I don't care if we are able to rip PFF from NPCs. Just not players.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Definitely agree with Ravenforce about these powers, especially PFF.

The brief time we had when it worked properly was great.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll agree with most of that. but leave energy storm the hell alone, its useless enough as it is.

if you make the damage worthy of an ultimate, we can talk about removing current effects.

You really are a bit daft on the subject, yes? Bring your PFF user and I'll bring my Energy Storm user. I'll kill your shield and then you'll be stuck in a mode of about 10 seconds where YOUR SHIELD DOES NOT REGEN AND FIELD SURGE DOES NOT RESTORE IT. Energy Storm doesn't need to affect PFF in the manner that it does.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    no I'm not. I didn't know about the 10 second bit. that part can go.

but otherwise, for an ultimate, energy storm is quite the meaningless power.

Practice with it and you, too, can manage 5 digit crits with Energy Storm. But no, it should not be able to completely negate someone passive. I don't even agree with Skarn's Bane removing energy forms.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thing is, that's not an intended effect. It's supposed to affect your energy fields/other energy stuff. Not other people's. That's what you gotta consider: It's not a feature, it's a bug.

/signed on it getting a bit of an efficacy buff, though. However, if you think it's useless? pop a flashfire and roll in with hurricane + advantage, then use it. Consuming fire/ice/electricity at the same time is *hilarious*. Fits themes, too, if you color the flashfire blue. Propane can give you 3rd degree burns from the cold. I'd know, because I sell propane and propane accessories.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Noticed one more bug with Telepathic Reverberation. Why is there a range limit of 50 ft??? Even more bugged -- sometimes its 40 ft for example in Gravitar for it to work. Pretty awful when you try and use Ego Blast at 100 ft and find out you have no energy and Mind Opener NEVER procs.

Is it because of the silly "sprites" graphics? REMOVE EM if you they are stopping this unlock from working properly please, we don't need em! Just make this unlock work like Killer/Hunter's Instinct.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Noticed one more bug with Telepathic Reverberation. Why is there a range limit of 50 ft??? Even more bugged -- sometimes its 40 ft for example in Gravitar for it to work. Pretty awful when you try and use Ego Blast at 100 ft and find out you have no energy and Mind Opener NEVER procs.

Is it because of the silly "sprites" graphics? REMOVE EM if you they are stopping this unlock from working properly please, we don't need em! Just make this unlock work like Killer/Hunter's Instinct.

It's telepathy, of course there's going to be limits and issues :wink:

But yes, it's largely due to the graphics of TP Reverb only travelling out so far, and since you can share the reverb with anyone with TP Reverb, I suppose they thought adding this sort of FX would be cool, but didn't lift the limitation, since back when Telepathy was just that CC was decent so telepaths didn't need to run around so much or stay back so much.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TP Reverb can also stack multiple times if there's >1 targets w/ a 'source' nearby that are hit.

It is a complex and odd way to make the EU work, though- I agree. If the 'sprites' could extend 100ft out then that aspect would prob be okay, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tack Manipulator and Concentration on the list. Manipulator still has quite the list of hold powers it doesn't proc with, while Concentration isn't proccing with some aoe ranged powers like TK Burst and Hex of Suffering. While we're on the subject of broken powers, what's up with Imbue's 12 break free? It's been there since the nerf.

Truth be told, this game has lots of bugs, and there doesn't seem to be much effort going into fixing them. There's been bugs reported for over a year now that continue to be ignored. They scold you for posting it on PTS. You put in a ticket and get no response. You post it here, and months later there's still no results. It almost feels pointless anymore trying to help the devs out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]